April 27, 2024, 11:46:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22307 22308 22309 22310 22311 22312 22313 22314 22315 22316 22317 22318 22319 22320 22321 22322 22323 22324 22325 22326 22327 22328 22329 22330 22331 22332 22333 22334 22335 22336 22337 22338 22339 22340 22341 22342 22343 22344 22345 22346 22347 22348 22349 22350 22351 22352 22353 22354 22355 22356 [22357] 22358 22359 22360 22361 22362 22363 22364 22365 22366 22367 22368 22369 22370 22371 22372 22373 22374 22375 22376 22377 22378 22379 22380 22381 22382 22383 22384 22385 22386 22387 22388 22389 22390 22391 22392 22393 22394 22395 22396 22397 22398 22399 22400 22401 22402 22403 22404 22405 22406 22407 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368556 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:54:23 AM
Merited by Ibian (1)

Not everybody has the same opportunities. But everybody has opportunities.

Agreed.  

A kid born to an investment banker in NY has the opportunity to go to Wharton.

A kid born to a Pakistani manual laborer has the opportunity to work in a rug factory at age 10.  

Everyone has opportunities.  

The real question is whether we think this is a satisfactory state of affairs, or whether we should strive for improvement.

My belief is that by improving the opportunities available to the child of the Pakistani labourer, we all become wealthier.   That child may invent a cure for disease X if they are given the opportunity.

Plot twist: We find out that the little boy would've grown up to be a child-raping, murderous jihadi if he weren't chained up in a rug factory.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12006

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:56:23 AM

I thought you hated the snow?

Rick said the exact same thing, funny enough.

Maybe in my next lifetime, in an incarnation where it's globally legalized.

Gotta give it you Guys.... its first day of snow @belgium and I truely hate it.......
@evening OK and when all is white, but when the day starts and cars are driving... Then its just discusting
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:03:34 AM

I have very good internet in my hidden crater via antennas that I installed.
You can visit me here: http://pululahua-ecolodge.com/

Wowwwwww

verrrrr nice
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:30:50 AM

Does anybody have insight into real-estate in Montenegro? Is it dumb to buy some? IDK EU/Russia politics and economics really, and I simply seek economic Mediterranean climate land/real estate. (Don't want to go to AUS, CA too expensive).

I havent bought real estate in Moneynegros but I hear its a pretty bad place to live. The food not good the house too small and the drink not big.  The sun bring big burn to the skin if you skin white , robbers go steal money pockets from wallet all time dangerous place that is not face value.

ummmmm

mayor?
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:32:43 AM
Merited by Globb0 (1), BobLawblaw (1)

I thought you hated the snow?

Rick said the exact same thing, funny enough.

Maybe in my next lifetime, in an incarnation where it's globally legalized.

encycrypto

Activity: 294
Merit: 53

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:44:33 AM

For roaches around:

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 03:06:20 AM

Sideways, sideways
Whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do
When they come for you?

I know what I will do... Hodl and sell some on the next bubble. And I also know what to do in the meantime... I decided to embark in a new project that will probably make very busy for most of the year (or maybe more). It is working awesomely. No more hurry for the next rally... I will be ready by the time it comes but I don't care anymore if it takes a while.

It will happen, eventually.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:45:35 AM

Dutch bank ABN AMRO start testing Bitcoin payments with their own wallet called Wallie.

They launched this wallet after people complaining about all those hacks, unsecure exchanges and losing codes/private keys, they want a 'save' place to use Bitcoin.

No doubt this test will be a succes, especially when they test LN will make them realize that their legacy payment system is outdated  Smiley

https://lekkercryptisch.nl/nieuws/2019/01/22/ABN-AMRO-experimenteert-met-eigen-Bitcoin-wallet
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:50:20 AM

Allow me to pull it from the quote above:

Anyone who has time to complain about wealth inequality doesn't really deserve moving upwards in the food chain, as they could've invested the same time on figuring out sensible goals for their life as well as some steps towards them.

You're welcome.

If you truly believe that is globally true then you are either blind or a fool. first world views for first world problems.
You cannot think beyond Nintendo fat slobs that leach off society.
The world goes beyond your front yard.

What opportunities can these kids take advantage of?

https://www.child-soldiers.org/where-are-there-child-soldiers

I have no idea. I'm not on the ground where '56 non-state organizations' in '14 warring countries' are employing kids in this manner. All opportunity is specific to the individual. You're going to need to be more precise in your inquiry.

But to come full circle, what does that have to do with BITMILLIONAIRE's original statement? I shall repeat it once again, should you have already forgotten.

Anyone who has time to complain about wealth inequality doesn't really deserve moving upwards in the food chain, as they could've invested the same time on figuring out sensible goals for their life as well as some steps towards them.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:56:51 AM

One day, God saw all the horrors that mankind were discovering.

A single tear fell to Earth in a lush green field of grasses - weeping over what his children were doing to themselves.

From this field of ancient grasses, sprung the first sinsemilla, and spread its seed.

It's hard for sinsemilla to spread her seed without losing sinsemilla status!  Grin

Cuttings?
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 05:11:35 AM

Cuttings?
Perfect clones.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:17:41 AM

One day, God saw all the horrors that mankind were discovering.

A single tear fell to Earth in a lush green field of grasses - weeping over what his children were doing to themselves.

From this field of ancient grasses, sprung the first sinsemilla, and spread its seed.

It's hard for sinsemilla to spread her seed without losing sinsemilla status!  Grin

Cuttings?

Just think back to the 60s, man.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:19:39 AM

Shocking if true... mostly its inside job, I always fear of such incidents I knew one low level exchange saving their data on google drive.

Hacked Customer Data From World Leading Cryptocurrency Exchanges like Bittrex, Poloniex, Bitfinex, and Binance is sale On The Dark Web?

On a darknet market called “Dread,” a vendor going by “ExploitDOT” is attempting to sell user data from the know-your-customer (KYC) data top cryptocurrency exchanges ask for, required by most jurisdictions.

the hacker has an ad that has been online since July 2018, in which he claims to have hacked documents used in KYC checks – including identity cards and drivers’ licenses – from users of top exchanges.

As proof, the cybersecurity expert got pictures of individuals holding up a piece of paper with the word “Binance” and the date the picture was taken at. In these pictures, their faces are visible, as well as their identity cards or drivers’ licenses.

https://www.ccn.com/hacked-customer-data-from-world-leading-cryptocurrency-exchanges-for-sale-on-the-dark-web/

Update:

There is an official response from Binance CEO

Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:34:09 AM

As a person who had his first full time job being slightly less than 17 (took a year after the high school before enrolling in uni as I wanted to make sure that I was truly interested in this field), I say that both of you (jbreher and BTCMILLIONAIRE) are on the wrong side on this subject. Many times it is just random events, and not the effort. I had a few situations where a very sustained and qualified effort was there, but results were lacking and, in the opposite, when I almost did not try, yet the rewards were magnificent (as far as getting what i wanted accomplished fast). The connection between the effort and the results is tenuous at best.

On a side note:
Yeah, I get the tough love, but let see how you will react when your job is taken away by a super-smart AI in the near future.
There is a reason why all chess championships are not commercially viable anymore (ask Gary Kasparov) since nobody cares about how earthlings play when AlphaZero shows a true genius in the game and plays at the level humans can barely comprehend. Almost all of us might end up in a human "zoo" even sooner than I expect. Hopefully, bitcoin will make our days there more pleasant, but there cannot be any guarantees.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:41:06 AM

Anyone saying that success is linked to hardwork deserves to be let alone in any third world country to see how their hardwork will be rewarded. Or in any poor family in any Western country.

Absolute twaddle.

The circumstances of one's birth are relevant, indeed. However, anyone who works hard will experience more success than one who does not. Period.

You're using something like the chess elo analogy.  Claiming that if you play enough games, luck will be canceled out and your true skill will average out to wherever it should be.  It's not a valid analogy with real life because humans practice specialization of labor and everyone isn't competing on the same metric.  It's easily possible to choose a bad, overpopulated, or dying career field for instance, be the hardest worker and best at it in the world, and be totally useless, accomplish nothing, and die in poverty.

That's the nature of capitalism - non-state run enterprise.  It's easy to divert resources into an activity where there's nobody guaranteed to be on the other side of the trade in the order book.  Nobody knows everything and you're required to step into the unknown in capitalism.  You can do the best due diligence on the planet and still come up with a flop.  Pretending all hard working people succeed is just naive.  Capitalism is designed to create lots of hard working losers.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:55:46 AM

[avatar]

You, sir, have some serious cojones. Prepare for an endless flood of words.

Bitcoin does not have a 'hub and spoke' structure. Maybe Lightning, but too early to tell.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 05:59:38 AM

Anyone saying that success is linked to hardwork deserves to be let alone in any third world country to see how their hardwork will be rewarded. Or in any poor family in any Western country.

Absolute twaddle.

The circumstances of one's birth are relevant, indeed. However, anyone who works hard will experience more success than one who does not. Period.

You're using something like the chess elo analogy.  Claiming that if you play enough games, luck will be canceled out and your true skill will average out to wherever it should be.  It's not a valid analogy with real life because humans practice specialization of labor and everyone isn't competing on the same metric.  It's easily possible to choose a bad, overpopulated, or dying career field for instance, be the hardest worker and best at it in the world, and be totally useless, accomplish nothing, and die in poverty.

That's the nature of capitalism - non-state run enterprise.  It's easy to divert resources into an activity where there's nobody guaranteed to be on the other side of the trade in the order book.  Nobody knows everything and you're required to step into the unknown in capitalism.  You can do the best due diligence on the planet and still come up with a flop.  Pretending all hard working people succeed is just naive.  Capitalism is designed to create lots of hard working losers.

Anyone in the first world who got a STEM degree in the last 100 years, and is otherwise employable, has had no problem finding a high paying job. I'd wager the same will be true for the next 50 years, anyway.

If you didn't go to college, or received a bachelor's degree in something useless, like psychology or art history, then you're obviously in for a rougher ride. And that's all on you.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:07:24 AM

As a person who had his first full time job being slightly less than 17 (took a year after the high school before enrolling in uni as I wanted to make sure that I was truly interested in this field), I say that both of you (jbreher and BTCMILLIONAIRE) are on the wrong side on this subject. Many times it is just random events, and not the effort. I had a few situations where a very sustained and qualified effort was there, but results were lacking and, in the opposite, when I almost did not try, yet the rewards were magnificent (as far as getting what i wanted accomplished fast). The connection between the effort and the results is tenuous at best.

Many of us have heard the expression that luck happens where preparation meets opportunity, and of course, I agree with you that there are a variety of variables in between, but sometimes individuals will not be ready or able to take advantage of various opportunities when they are not adequately prepared, and sometimes opportunities will not come in the same time line or based on the same amount of preparation.  In other words, everybody is correct, here, and everyone wins for providing the correct set of answers.

hahahahaha  Cheesy Cheesy
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4872

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:13:13 AM

Allow me to pull it from the quote above:

You're welcome.

If you truly believe that is globally true then you are either blind or a fool. first world views for first world problems.
You cannot think beyond Nintendo fat slobs that leach off society.
The world goes beyond your front yard.

What opportunities can these kids take advantage of?

https://www.child-soldiers.org/where-are-there-child-soldiers

I have no idea. I'm not on the ground where '56 non-state organizations' in '14 warring countries' are employing kids in this manner. All opportunity is specific to the individual. You're going to need to be more precise in your inquiry.

But to come full circle, what does that have to do with BITMILLIONAIRE's original statement? I shall repeat it once again, should you have already forgotten.

And I will refer you back to my original reply to your snip of his post for your full circle.

Update:

There is an official response from Binance CEO

He's correct the level of journalism in this space is on par with straight bloggers.
There are no fact checkers left and there is no accounting.
The revenue stream has changed from people buying news to people being tricked by click bait sites.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:27:43 AM

On a side note:
Yeah, I get the tough love, but let see how you will react when your job is taken away by a super-smart AI in the near future.
There is a reason why all chess championships are not commercially viable anymore (ask Gary Kasparov) since nobody cares about how earthlings play when AlphaZero shows a true genius in the game and plays at the level humans can barely comprehend. Almost all of us might end up in a human "zoo" even sooner than I expect. Hopefully, bitcoin will make our days there more pleasant, but there cannot be any guarantees.
You're making false correlations. Just because it's possible to sometimes see greater results with less effort doesn't mean that it's generally desirable to put in no effort (or waste whatever effort you can bring up on whining). In any realistic scenario any individual that tries will perform better than the very same individual in the very same situation would without trying. There's just no sensible argument about this as far as I can see, although I'd be eager to hear one.

Implying that your efforts don't necessarily mean anything just because other people got more "money" or whatever without trying just doesn't make sense. Obviously some efforts will go to waste. But fact is, if you look at one individual person at any point in time that same person will be better off if they invest their time productively as opposed to wasting it on whining or doing nothing at all.

Also, the day an AI takes away humans jobs should be a global holiday. Personally, I can't fucking wait. As far as human zoo goes, I'm hard pressed to imagine a future in which we don't increase our own capabilities by making transfer of information from and to our computers more efficient.
Pages: « 1 ... 22307 22308 22309 22310 22311 22312 22313 22314 22315 22316 22317 22318 22319 22320 22321 22322 22323 22324 22325 22326 22327 22328 22329 22330 22331 22332 22333 22334 22335 22336 22337 22338 22339 22340 22341 22342 22343 22344 22345 22346 22347 22348 22349 22350 22351 22352 22353 22354 22355 22356 [22357] 22358 22359 22360 22361 22362 22363 22364 22365 22366 22367 22368 22369 22370 22371 22372 22373 22374 22375 22376 22377 22378 22379 22380 22381 22382 22383 22384 22385 22386 22387 22388 22389 22390 22391 22392 22393 22394 22395 22396 22397 22398 22399 22400 22401 22402 22403 22404 22405 22406 22407 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: