April 27, 2024, 07:24:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22357 22358 22359 22360 22361 22362 22363 22364 22365 22366 22367 22368 22369 22370 22371 22372 22373 22374 22375 22376 22377 22378 22379 22380 22381 22382 22383 22384 22385 22386 22387 22388 22389 22390 22391 22392 22393 22394 22395 22396 22397 22398 22399 22400 22401 22402 22403 22404 22405 22406 [22407] 22408 22409 22410 22411 22412 22413 22414 22415 22416 22417 22418 22419 22420 22421 22422 22423 22424 22425 22426 22427 22428 22429 22430 22431 22432 22433 22434 22435 22436 22437 22438 22439 22440 22441 22442 22443 22444 22445 22446 22447 22448 22449 22450 22451 22452 22453 22454 22455 22456 22457 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368508 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10161

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:05:36 AM

Way too early to go all in.

Is there ever a time to go "all in"?

I understand that you are not talking about 100% of a guy(gal)'s total investment portfolio, but likely instead you are referring to NOT going "all in" with what portion of value the guy/gal has allocated towards bitcoin investing.

Personally, I never recommend going "all in" but instead always being prepared for either price direction (both in other words).

Let's say, for example, a guy/gal had a Majormax kind of vision, and sold a vast majority of his/her BTC holdings at various stages between $10k and $19k.  This Majormax foresight person has relatively strong conviction about BTC price direction going down, so s/he sold about 80% of his/her BTC holdings between $10k and $19k (held onto about 20% just in case.. perhaps a bit of practicality holding onto 20%?).  

Personally, I recall that you said that you did not sell a large amount of your position, but regarding hypothetical person, has such person bought some of that sold back, yet?  1/3 of it?  Half of it?  2/3rds of it?  

Given my presented hypothetical, what's your BTC buy back allocation recommendation for hypothetical person, now, Majormax?  

Certainly, I am too much of a chicken to sell major amounts of my BTC, so I would have long ago bought back more than 2/3 of the proceeds that I had sold (which I actually did in real life), and in this regard, I have continued to remain much more nervous (or scared) about missing out on upwards BTC price moves rather than missing out on downward buying opportunities.  

What about you? What about Majormax vision hypothetical person?  What are you recommending here on a practical level for the Majormax hypothetical guy/gal that sold 80% of his BTC investment value between $10k and $19k, and is currently considering the extent to which to use those funds from the BTC sales to buy back BTC, currently?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4871

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:10:55 AM

What's so special about hats in your profile. I have never seen this craze in any other thread so far. Plz tell me.

You will notice, I am not currently wearing my hat.

When the time comes that I don my chapeau again, it will be a time for great celebration.

I've capitulated so hard, my fucking cap has disappeared.

For now.

Sheeeit  Sad

EDIT: Although, I must admit, I am morbidly curious what sort of 3D wizardry our resident master haberdasher could pull off, with a GNfOS theme.

OK bob, I admit I was afraid to google that but I laughed big time! Smiley
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:27:01 AM

I understand that you are not talking about 100% of a guy(gal)'s total investment portfolio, but likely instead you are referring to NOT going "all in" with what portion of value the guy/gal has allocated towards bitcoin investing.

Personally, I never recommend going "all in" but instead always being prepared for either price direction (both in other words).

Let's say, for example, a guy/gal had a Majormax kind of vision, and sold a vast majority of his/her BTC holdings at various stages between $10k and $19k.  This Majormax foresight person has relatively strong conviction about BTC price direction going down, so s/he sold about 80% of his/her BTC holdings between $10k and $19k (held onto about 20% just in case.. perhaps a bit of practicality holding onto 20%?).  

Personally, I recall that you said that you did not sell a large amount of your position, but regarding hypothetical person, has such person bought some of that sold back, yet?  1/3 of it?  Half of it?  2/3rds of it?  

Given my presented hypothetical, what's your BTC buy back allocation recommendation for hypothetical person, now, Majormax?  

Certainly, I am too much of a chicken to sell major amounts of my BTC, so I would have long ago bought back more than 2/3 of the proceeds that I had sold (which I actually did in real life), and in this regard, I have continued to remain much more nervous (or scared) about missing out on upwards BTC price moves rather than missing out on downward buying opportunities.  

What about you? What about Majormax vision hypothetical person?  What are you recommending here on a practical level for the Majormax hypothetical guy/gal that sold 80% of his BTC investment value between $10k and $19k, and is currently considering the extent to which to use those funds from the BTC sales to buy back BTC, currently?
Nothing wrong with going "all in", even with your entire portfolio in some cases.

A student, or generally young person, can be well advised to go all in on asymmetrical bets such as Bitcoin. In most cases they don't have much to lose anyways, yet all the time in the world to recoup losses.

Also, for smaller investments the traditional ~5-8% p.a. returns in the stock market wouldn't even amount to a Kitkat.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:36:23 AM

It was meant to give some perspective and to illustrate that perhaps we are sitting on a razors edge of support.

Your shitcoins won't sell?  People not giving up gold and silver for buying them?  Give it up, Burger King is hiring.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:36:50 AM

anybody else get a totally whack 1099-K from Coinbase?

these numbers are absurd
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:50:16 AM

Nothing wrong with going "all in", even with your entire portfolio in some cases.

Yes.  We disagree.  I make the point all the time, to prepare for either direction, and neither to go 100% in either direction.

Of course, you can do what you want, but I am suggesting what I believe to be prudent, from my perspective, which is a kind of incrementalism and not gambling with BTC, which I consider to be an investment rather than a means of gambling.

A student, or generally young person, can be well advised to go all in on asymmetrical bets such as Bitcoin. In most cases they don't have much to lose anyways, yet all the time in the world to recoup losses.

Of course, your risk tolerance and your timeline is going to be higher when you are a student, but it still would not necessarily be prudent to develop gambling habits. 

Also, for smaller investments the traditional ~5-8% p.a. returns in the stock market wouldn't even amount to a Kitkat.

You could be correct that there is becoming less and less justification for some forms of traditional investments.  Most of my current exposure to the stock market comes through a 401k fund that had a matching component, so I invested into that kind of investment based on what was available to me at the time and the about 20 years of pumping money into that. 

In other words, I will concede that investment considerations today are going to be different for folks just coming into investments and if they do not have a 401k matching possibility, then they are not going to give a shit about that option because it is not available to them anyhow.

Maybe that remains part of the reason that there are so many current youth who believe it to be prudent to diversify into alt coins (aka shit coins)?  Perhaps?
encycrypto

Activity: 294
Merit: 53

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:53:11 AM

It was meant to give some perspective and to illustrate that perhaps we are sitting on a razors edge of support.

Your shitcoins won't sell?  People not giving up gold and silver for buying them?  Give it up, Burger King is hiring.

You're literally one of those unlucky guys who witness the revolution right in front of them and don't dare to admit that it's something new until it has completely revolutionized the world. There were a lot of people like you who didn't "accept" the reality of internet (and even emailing) till 2000-2002; eventually, they understood. Same will happen with you!
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 01:55:08 AM

Yeah, they got alot of nerve being born on the other side of a line we drew in the sand and to want to get away from the shithole they found themselfs in.

Get in line, with all the rest of the immigrants who are going through the process legally.

Fuck you and your bleeding heart, for supporting people illegally entering the USA.

+1
I brought my mail order bride here legally. It cost thousands and thousands of dollars and was a multi-year long pain in the ass.

One of these days I'll have to order one myself. Smiley

A late good morning Bitcoinland. Been a while since I posted. Very busy. Back down in Playa del Carmen with the girl to get her tooth extracted.

Still going sideways... currently $3578USD/$4730CAD (Bitcoinaverage).

Ho hum.
_____

I try to stay out of foreign politics but with some recent posts and being a Canadian in Mexico, I couldn't help being reminded of this:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:05:42 AM

Your shitcoins won't sell?  People not giving up gold and silver for buying them?  Give it up, Burger King is hiring.

You're literally one of those unlucky guys who witness the revolution right in front of them and don't dare to admit that it's something new until it has completely revolutionized the world. There were a lot of people like you who didn't "accept" the reality of internet (and even emailing) till 2000-2002; eventually, they understood. Same will happen with you!

Oh yes, a completely centralized, non-fungible, government tracking and control system whose only possible endgame evolution will be an almost identical clone of the Chinese social credit score system is such a "revolution"!  Why would anyone ever use physical gold and silver when you can have the luxury of being monitored and audited in real-time by the govt like some type of goyim cattle?
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:06:23 AM

You could be correct that there is becoming less and less justification for some forms of traditional investments.  Most of my current exposure to the stock market comes through a 401k fund that had a matching component, so I invested into that kind of investment based on what was available to me at the time and the about 20 years of pumping money into that. 

In other words, I will concede that investment considerations today are going to be different for folks just coming into investments and if they do not have a 401k matching possibility, then they are not going to give a shit about that option because it is not available to them anyhow.

Maybe that remains part of the reason that there are so many current youth who believe it to be prudent to diversify into alt coins (aka shit coins)?  Perhaps?

This was true for pre-Bitcoin investments as well. For small amounts it might be more sensible to make high risk investments (and then re-balance a sensible portfolio) than to wait for pennies to accumulate in stocks.

Of course, with substantial wealth, it would be foolish to not diversify properly (without some insider knowledge).
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:27:12 AM

I try to stay out of foreign politics but with some recent posts and being a Canadian in Mexico, I couldn't help being reminded of this:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

That stupid quote is NOT govt policy.  It's globalist propaganda written by a Jew named Emma Lazarus.  The real America was founded on white nationalism.  It's why ONLY white male land owners could vote.  You Marxists always try to rewrite history.  And why should non-land owners be able to vote?  They have no stake in the game and can just get up and leave to another state or country at any second.  Anything they vote for is also going to be heavily skewed towards wealth confiscation (communism).  Making it so only land owners can vote is an anti-communism safeguard.

It's the same reason why women weren't allowed to vote.  Males are the most productive members of society who build everything in the first place.  If you look outside your window, every single brick was put there by a man. Women as a whole PAY NO TAXES and are a net burden on a nation.  Any type of system giving women voting rights is going to be nothing more than 100% guaranteed communism where they vote to steal money from more productive males to subsidize themselves.

You are poorly educated in macroeconomics and sociology and all you want to do is tear down every societal norm that exists and was created for a reason over the course of thousands of years of evolution so that you can feel like you did some type of good deed when in reality you're a destructive menace.  The road to hell is paved with good intentions.  You will sit in a communist deathcamp of your own design and attempt to blame the fact it was created on everyone but yourself.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:30:54 AM

This was true for pre-Bitcoin investments as well. For small amounts it might be more sensible to make high risk investments (and then re-balance a sensible portfolio) than to wait for pennies to accumulate in stocks.

Of course, with substantial wealth, it would be foolish to not diversify properly (without some insider knowledge).

Probably, we are not saying anything much different from one another, and you are putting more weight to a youthful approach and someone who might be starting from nearly nothing, and of course, anyone is going to be able to tolerate taking more risks if s/he is starting with nothing. 

Each of us also should be tailorizing our approach to our own personality and risk tolerance.  Upon reflection, I know that I took more risks in my youth, than I do now, but I still recall always practicing a decent amount of financial prudence and conservativism  with my finances. 

So, yeah, I was doing a lot of my early investments in the 80s and 90s and building up my funds, and what I have been able allocate towards investments has been growing throughout that time.  I have quite a few friends who have not built such an investment package, and of course, having bitcoin and other cryptos, currently, creates a lot more options and even seems to remove a lot of the barriers to entry that seemed to make some kinds of investing and trading to be less available, even in recent years.

Having said all of that, I still believe that it is good for anyone, whether youthful or not, to reflect, tailorize be cognizant to be attempting to build capital without having to take gambling approaches that might cause having to start over.  Of course, each person has to decide that risk balance for him/herself, which I would be quite leary about any conclusion that causes a guy/gal to conclude that it is prudent to go "100% in."
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:43:13 AM

You guys should be allowed to shoot your immigrants, its just not right.

They'd think twice then.

Yeah, they got alot of nerve being born on the other side of a line we drew in the sand and to want to get away from the shithole they found themselfs in.

Lawful shoot to kill on all sightings is in order! Smiley
It's almost if lines in the sand have differences in culture and society. If they want to adhere to ours then they do it legally like all the others who do it legally. Not just start by having a disregard for our rules, that's how you bring the shit you're trying to escape with you.

realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 02:51:59 AM

Except immigration was restricted ENTIRELY to white, western Euro nations.  The Jews sought to undermine the country by lobbying for and passing the "Death of America" immigration act that abolished all quotas and nation of origin standards.  The restrictions were there entirely to prevent people from coming who are either unwilling or unable to assimilate.  Now the US imports SOMALIANS on purpose who are a giant net burden and never assimilate.
encycrypto

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:02:39 AM

Oh yes, a completely centralized, non-fungible, government tracking and control system whose only possible endgame evolution will be an almost identical clone of the Chinese social credit score system is such a "revolution"!  Why would anyone ever use physical gold and silver when you can have the luxury of being monitored and audited in real-time by the govt like some type of goyim cattle?

OK, so doesn't your government know about how much silver or gold you own? Are you a miner and extract your own gold or silver by digging within your room?
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:11:26 AM

Does it show at the top for everyone "(6 posts by 3 users deleted.)"?
encycrypto

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:15:43 AM

Yeah, but it would have to be more you clean up the shitstains every so often in here.

No. of posts in thread = six digit
No. of deleted posts = six

LOL
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:20:43 AM

OK, so doesn't your government know about how much silver or gold you own? Are you a miner and extract your own gold or silver by digging within your room?

You act like I'm trying to cheat taxes or something.  In reality, the govt overspends insanely out of control and foreign countries are also now refusing to buy the debt.  What does that mean?  It means the govt is coming for every single cent you have that isn't nailed down.  Taxes were 94% in the 1940's at one point.  Yes, 94 fucking percent.  

In any type of designed to centralize digital system that the govt can insert themselves into and control the giant mining buildings and everything else, instead of asking for taxes, the govt will eventually just step in and start seizing your money.  They can do it a million different ways in a digital bullshit system.  Maybe they'll force you to use their own altered client where only miners inside the country process transactions and then they take a giant haircut off each one.

You're using the govt's own infrastructure to use this garbage.  There is no escaping them in a digital system.  It costs barely anything to run a police state in cyberspace, while it's completely cost prohibitive to run an ironclad police state in the physical world.  Physical metals are a safeguard against intrusion by govt, while every digital system is always going to be at their mercy.  You can easily effectively ban and stop digital shitcoins from functioning and really existing at all, but no 'ban' can actually stop physical metals from existing.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:21:47 AM

Those waiting for a large move to the downside should consider that BTC has already made this larger move to the lower moving average. Factor in the idea of reducing volatility, and the odds are the bottom is in.

https://twitter.com/davthewave/status/1089668011424763905
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 03:23:01 AM

Yeah, but it would have to be more you clean up the shitstains every so often in here.

That counter must have started pretty recently. I've deleted a lot more than that. At least everyone will be able to keep track now.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 22357 22358 22359 22360 22361 22362 22363 22364 22365 22366 22367 22368 22369 22370 22371 22372 22373 22374 22375 22376 22377 22378 22379 22380 22381 22382 22383 22384 22385 22386 22387 22388 22389 22390 22391 22392 22393 22394 22395 22396 22397 22398 22399 22400 22401 22402 22403 22404 22405 22406 [22407] 22408 22409 22410 22411 22412 22413 22414 22415 22416 22417 22418 22419 22420 22421 22422 22423 22424 22425 22426 22427 22428 22429 22430 22431 22432 22433 22434 22435 22436 22437 22438 22439 22440 22441 22442 22443 22444 22445 22446 22447 22448 22449 22450 22451 22452 22453 22454 22455 22456 22457 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: