May 14, 2024, 03:50:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26048 26049 26050 26051 26052 26053 26054 26055 26056 26057 26058 26059 26060 26061 26062 26063 26064 26065 26066 26067 26068 26069 26070 26071 26072 26073 26074 26075 26076 26077 26078 26079 26080 26081 26082 26083 26084 26085 26086 26087 26088 26089 26090 26091 26092 26093 26094 26095 26096 26097 [26098] 26099 26100 26101 26102 26103 26104 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 26111 26112 26113 26114 26115 26116 26117 26118 26119 26120 26121 26122 26123 26124 26125 26126 26127 26128 26129 26130 26131 26132 26133 26134 26135 26136 26137 26138 26139 26140 26141 26142 26143 26144 26145 26146 26147 26148 ... 33348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382888 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2020, 06:46:26 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1), Basorexia (1)

WO post #5:
Volume around $50 was insane. The resistance at this price will now be over 9000, or something.

So, when do you predict that we may test $9000 again?

I’m not one of those “MOON!” people.  I think that outlandish price predictions are damaging to Bitcoin:  They attract get-rich-quick FOMO that quickly turns to weak-hands panic.  Frankly, I would rather see slow, steady growth driven by growth in adoption of Bitcoin for actual use as money—both for transactions, and for long-term HODLing of savings.  Those two functions are indeed intertwined.

That being said, now that we have crossed the $9000 mark many times, I think this is reasonable to ask.  Also, $10k.  That is a psychological point of great ovine import.  If we can just get solid support at $10k, maybe after the halvening, then that would be a good starting point for a period of slow, steady growth with the lessened volatility that would in turn facilitate more adoption.  What do you think, TA wizards?

Of course, I have hereby committed a common fallacy:  Using the dollar as the measure of Bitcoin’s value.  If we soon see the effects of rapid dollar inflation (as seems a real possibility), then Bitcoin may indeed soon hit $1,000,000, without gaining any purchase power—just because the dollar crashed, and a $100 bill now buys a loaf of bread (if that).  Hyperinflation could also quickly give us quadrillion-dollar Bitcoins, or whatever; but that would not mean much, if it may also signal the global breakdown of technological civilization, and thus, the loss of the Internet.

A moderate amount of dollar inflation is also built into the rise since 2013:  $50 in 2013 dollars would be worth significantly more today.  Not >100x more!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2020, 06:53:37 AM

Innovations in campaign finance reform:  Bankroll your own campaign for your first term, and then use tax money to buy everybody’s votes for your second term.  Now, that’s leverage!  If Democrats whine, point out that they’re the ones who want UBI or something like it.  What you are doing is totally different, because you wave so many American flags that you are definitely against Communism—so much against it, that you will spend the next four years building it even more, instead of building that wall thing, or rebuilding American industry, or whatever else you promised as boob-bait so long ago that insofar as the stereotypical American attention span is concerned, it is ancient history.

MAGA!

* nullius plays 0D chess (check username)

Try this.  It compiles, and you can even run it:

The secret proprietary code for Nullian Coin, which is so superior to Bitcoin that I will not let anybody have any:
Code:
#include <stddef.h>
#include "/dev/null"

int
main(int argc, char *argv[])
{

return (*(int*)NULL);
}
See my avatar:  It is the secret formula for creating infinite money with zero inflation.  My design for a perpetual motion machine is too complex to fit in the margin of this post.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10243

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 07:00:22 AM

Thanks for what?  You seem to have inabilities (could be just lack of desire or even desires to misinform) to grapple with actual facts and logic, unless you are merely selectively choosing or making shit up.

@satoshi_babe
I bought some #Bitcoin  right now, will it go back down now ? 🙃
https://twitter.com/satoshi_babe/status/1239948611963834370?s=21

I don’t know to be honest, but if it doesn’t I will.

Cheesy Cool

Aren't you afraid of germs, LFC?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2020, 07:07:14 AM

@OP, this poll is typical of democracy:  It offers an exclusive choice between wrong options.

Quote from: Wall Observer
Poll

Question:    What causes you more fear? (credit:Micg)

🔘 Coronavirus
🔘 Bitcoin

[Submit Vote]

Please add this option:  “Panic”.

I do not fear the coronavirus.  As I have said, either I will die, or I won’t.  Meanwhile, I am alive.  I will take rational measures to increase my chances of staying that way.  I will not fear the virus.

I sure as hell am not caused fear by Bitcoin!  WTF.  Bitcoin makes me happy.  It is without exaggeration the only thing in my life that is going right, at this particular moment.  Everything else is hardforked without consensus, due to mass-panic.  That is why I have retreated into WO for the past few days, to run with the bulls.  Something is still right in the world.  Go, Bitcoin. go!

I fear the panic, or more precisely, the foreseeable results of the panic.

At this point, I am nearly panicked over panic.

I need an appropriate poll option, so that I can exercise my Right to Vote.  Or is it my Right to Submit Vote?  Or my Right to Submit?  Hmmm.

Thanks.
nullius
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2020, 07:12:40 AM

@satoshi_babe
I bought some #Bitcoin  right now, will it go back down now ? 🙃
[...]

I don’t know to be honest, but if it doesn’t I will.

Cheesy Cool

Aren't you afraid of germs, LFC?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think that is now the canonical expression of true love:  You will risk contracting coronavirus so that you can come closer than officially mandated social-distancing distance.

Either that, or an expression of the fact that you think with the little head.

Anybody notice how it is now considered healthy to be isolated from other human beings?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 07:31:46 AM

The dude walking on clouds, not affected by anything

The real tragedy of Covbull-19 is we dont get to see your dinner pics anymore.

Looking forward to you bringing those back.  Smiley

I suspect that dinner pics, and other such details disappeared from the dude stream for reasons other than corona...

Sometimes, we(s) gots to do what we(s) gots to do.... because the interwebs only needs 1/1,000,000 or fewer peeps of bad integrity to cause "issues"/"inconveniences."

Maybe we can pay the Cuntonians for the marketing. I'll happily throw in a sat there.

You are pretty damned generous, Cryptotourist.  I must say.   Wink

Wait, is that a 4 consecutive post Lambie comvo?

Has the likes of it ever been seen on the WO before?

Behold......

Bullish Wink

Lambie-bambie is "channeling"   Shocked Shocked
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 07:53:32 AM

Hey Searing - I gotta question...

For me, every one of your posts has bizarre carriage returns or line feeds or something. Do you use lynx or some other pre-GUI tool to browse the WO?

Just wonderin'...

Naw...just being 'different'

I suppose I 'should' 'squish' them all back together and such when done though....(looks fine at my end..go figure)

Not a prob. Just been wonderin'. Like, since years.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 08:19:08 AM

[edited out]

The mind of a bear is quite interesting.  Cheesy

Seems like lambie/bambie has transgressed into even higher levels of retardedness if he believes that everyone is a bear who has any questions of bitcoin's price direction at this time.

Of course, lambie bambie was arguing with passion and vigor that everyone had to go "all in" when BTC prices were in the $9ks and $10ks, implying that the only way was up.. and how fucked would those people be (financially and psychologically) if they listened to his moar bullish than anyone else stupidities?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 08:27:31 AM

The more I look at the charts ... 6, 3, 6, 9, 12, 9, 6, 3, ... the more I consider this dip, as an epic bear trap.

Careful of the bull virus guys, aka BOV21.

Deepthroat edition:

This picture represents someone that went 100x leveraged long on bitcoin just before the dip Grin

Goldkingcoiner?  

Mindrust?  (exaggerating on this one)

I had to get out of my position to save myself from obvious liquidation. I lost half my coins. I was at 2x dude. ;/ Ah well. I will make it back on the way up. But that dump bail had nothing to do with my TA. I just underestimated the corona scare.

I was merely attempting to play (or pray) upon your 80x situation, and sure I had already seen posts from you asserting that you had NOT done well in that 3/12 (thursday) dip.

Hopefully, it all works out for you in terms of playing the volatility to an appropriate degree that allows you to build principle without taking too many risks.

I don't know how d_eddie is playing during these times, but he seemed to have had a very prudent system in which he was constantly taking winnings off of the table, and surely my system is way the hell slower in terms of accumulating BTC because I only play longs (opening and closing longs) and I do not use leverage (except, perhaps, for floating around some free credit card balances from time to time to increase my cashflow).. in part because I am too chicken shit to lose any coins.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 08:54:42 AM
Merited by infofront (1)

Bears dont want to fight me. They have slunken back to their caves.  Cool

They’ll be dead when this Corona Virus scam has passed.

Yes. Coronavirus panic gave Bitcoin its biggest down day ever in dollar terms. I have no doubt that as the weak kneed panic subsides we are gonna see the biggest up day ever.

Fuck you for making me sad that I don’t have any significant fiat for buying Bitcoin in the dip.  :'-(

* nullius always feels that way when we hit a bear market

Edit:  Doubly sad that I didn’t buy mindrust’s coins.  If I had, I would offer them back to him later at a moderate penalty for the panic.  I almost want to give him some Bitcoin, a trivial amount, just to stop him from being a nocoiner.  My problem is that in a few years, that “trivial amount” may look like jojo’s old $13/BTC sales.  Yes, I hoard.

Gotta be careful in helping out nocoiners too much because frequently they got to being nocoiners for a reason.  So, if you give them or sell them your coins at a discount, they are likely NOT to be responsible with those coins in terms of HODLing them on dips.. Hey, I have no problems with shaving off a little profits on the way up, but I am even disappointed if too many profits are shaved off on the way up because such excessive shaving tends to cause irrational rooting for down, and insufficient stake in up.

In other words, no coiners seem to have intellectual difficulties in holding onto their coins and always having some stake in BTC.

I am not going to concede to being any kind of bitcoin prude.. and there should hardly be any reason to completely convert out of BTC, even if the price is going up outrageously, unless you believe that you are going to die soon or something like that.  Maybe there could be circumstances to help me to change my mind, but they would likely need to be dire poverty circumstances.....   but even people in dire poverty might not even really have abilities to build up a BTC investment stash.. Let's say that someone in dire poverty is able to generate about $400 per month in income (or equivalent to income) and therefore after expenses, they are only able to invest $10 per month into bitcoin, but after a few years, the investment has increased considerably... Not sure if something like that might be possible, so it is difficult to speculate when someone like that is surely likely to have some difficulties, even with the technology and safeguarding their private keys..
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 09:00:51 AM

... pity about lambie slayer going into a full retard panic about the sclerotic 0.1%er global economy going into the shitter. He was ok until he caught the virus. Now it's like we got infested with another govvie trolling shill disruptor ... like roach got reassigned or something? The global economy was dying long before this angel of death bearing plague showed up, right on time for them sweet corporate and banking bailouts too I might add.

"Herd immunity" crashes and burns, you can catch coronavidae multiple times ... "herd immunity" eugenics is a fancy way of saying let the angel of death keep circulating around the planet until humanity is purged of all the vulnerable, 80 million deaths (1-2% of population). Bill Gates would be impressed. Elon Musk is probably another secret depopulation nerd too.

I know let's unleash some smallpox in lambie's govvie department to get some herd immunity going in the pentagon, or anthrax might be more their tipple?
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2020, 09:02:10 AM

Of course, I have hereby committed a common fallacy:  Using the dollar as the measure of Bitcoin’s value.  If we soon see the effects of rapid dollar inflation (as seems a real possibility), then Bitcoin may indeed soon hit $1,000,000, without gaining any purchase power—just because the dollar crashed, and a $100 bill now buys a loaf of bread (if that).  Hyperinflation could also quickly give us quadrillion-dollar Bitcoins, or whatever; but that would not mean much, if it may also signal the global breakdown of technological civilization, and thus, the loss of the Internet.

A moderate amount of dollar inflation is also built into the rise since 2013:  $50 in 2013 dollars would be worth significantly more today.  Not >100x more!

Firstly:  Yes, inflation since 2013 doesn't account for BTC rise. The driver is success of adoption.

Secondly:  Suppose there is a deflation ?  (the dollar increases in purchasing power). Maybe the drop in all asset values is signalling that future.

I am sure everyone will jump in here to tell me deflation is 'impossible'.  Well, I have heard that from many speculators for the last 30 years, and during that time deflationary trends have gotten steadily stronger.

The deflation can happen by a generalised default. If companies and individuals are already too indebted to take on any more loans on any terms, they will simply go bust. It will not matter how much 'money' is lent to the banking system, or how much 'money' wealthy ppl and businesses have. The only way this can be forestalled is by the money-printers (govt, banks and wealthy creditors) giving it gratis , including large scale debt relief/forgiveness. The mechanism for debt forgiveness is fraught with arguments about unfairness, and therefore very hard to impliment.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 09:10:09 AM

I am sure everyone will jump in here to tell me deflation is 'impossible'.  Well, I have heard that from many speculators for the last 30 years, and during that time deflationary trends have gotten steadily stronger.

The deflation can happen by a generalised default. If companies and individuals are already too indebted to take on any more loans on any terms, they will simply go bust. It will not matter how much 'money' is lent to the banking system, or how much 'money' wealthy ppl and businesses have. The only way this can be forestalled is by the money-printers (govt, banks and wealthy creditors) giving it gratis , including large scale debt relief/forgiveness. The mechanism for debt forgiveness is fraught with arguments about unfairness, and therefore very hard to impliment.

bingo, 1929 crash was the beginning of deflationary Great Depression, this looks much more like 1929 than 1987 or 2008 so far ... the only ways out are a grinding depression and systemic default of the currency (monetary reset like 1930's) or if they print enough to paper over all the defaults then the wealth divide will increase massively further still and economic stagnation will increase with the even more extreme misallocation of resources ... like Japanese for the last 30 years on steroids.
ChinkyEyes

Activity: 687
Merit: 301

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 10:02:48 AM

... pity about lambie slayer going into a full retard panic about the sclerotic 0.1%er global economy going into the shitter. He was ok until he caught the virus. Now it's like we got infested with another govvie trolling shill disruptor ... like roach got reassigned or something? The global economy was dying long before this angel of death bearing plague showed up, right on time for them sweet corporate and banking bailouts too I might add.

Yup, all fiat currencies are meant to go to zero. Just research the history of fiat currencies. They all ended the same way. The current system was destined to die. We are just lucky to witness it happen before our eyes. Hopefully we can see it happen without dying from corona Grin

I gotta say, living in Europe and in a first world country, I am glad I live here and not somewhere else. The government protects businesses and helps my employer with paying for my salary. I know if I lived in a different country I would be out on the streets already.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1196

Never selling

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 10:24:34 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), VB1001 (1)

bingo, 1929 crash was the beginning of deflationary Great Depression, this looks much more like 1929 than 1987 or 2008 so far ... the only ways out are a grinding depression and systemic default of the currency (monetary reset like 1930's) or if they print enough to paper over all the defaults then the wealth divide will increase massively further still and economic stagnation will increase with the even more extreme misallocation of resources ... like Japanese for the last 30 years on steroids.

Completely different monetary system now to back in the great depression days. Printing enough to paper over it is exactly what they will do. The system is designed to make the poor poorer in the long-term, bitcoin is of course the opposite.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 10:42:35 AM

Hey Searing - I gotta question...

For me, every one of your posts has bizarre carriage returns or line feeds or something. Do you use lynx or some other pre-GUI tool to browse the WO?

Just wonderin'...

Naw...just being 'different'

I suppose I 'should' 'squish' them all back together and such when done though....(looks fine at my end..go figure)

i wondered about the formatting too. i thought maybe some old dos program that you could never let go of.

https://winworldpc.com/product/wordperfect/5x-dos
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 10:53:22 AM

@OP, this poll is typical of democracy:  It offers an exclusive choice between wrong options.

Quote from: Wall Observer
Poll

Question:    What causes you more fear? (credit:Micg)

🔘 Coronavirus
🔘 Bitcoin

[Submit Vote]

Please add this option:  “Panic”.

if this is added, please also add "sit back and watch the panic"
cryptogod322

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2020, 11:05:22 AM
Merited by Basorexia (6)

Guys who have any thoughts on technical analysis?
Who is in what position?
After analyzing tradingview, I was able to come to a single conclusion. Now, many traders recommend generally refraining from transactions, but the volatility in% ratio is not bad, I would even say good, and this should be used.
It seems to me that behind all these "problems", many traders generally moved away from trading.
What are yall thoughts?
I am more inclined to short positions, I can also send here my thoughts to tradingview, strangely enough my ideas were supported by a large number of traders.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2020, 11:43:15 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2020, 11:55:16 AM by Gyrsur
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

the Pound is tanking.  Shocked

GBP/USD ATL from 2016 is broken.
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15507

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2020, 12:12:46 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), Gyrsur (1), LUCKMCFLY (1)

Breaking news.
 For the first time in Europe, an italian bank offers direct real bitcoin wallet on their services.

Italian Bank offers Bitcoin Wallet Integration in their Online Platform.

Think about square, but integrated on a traditional bank approach.

I know, not your keys, not your bitcoin.
But a lot of people simply cannot understand how to hodl.
This is a state of the art- secure framework to hodling your funds.

Even if you don't like it (fully legitimate to think so), this is an option for more people to jump in.

the Pound is tanking.  Shocked

GBP/USD ATL from 2016 is broken.

Cable going down is good for UK exports.
They export a lot of things, like....
like...

Pages: « 1 ... 26048 26049 26050 26051 26052 26053 26054 26055 26056 26057 26058 26059 26060 26061 26062 26063 26064 26065 26066 26067 26068 26069 26070 26071 26072 26073 26074 26075 26076 26077 26078 26079 26080 26081 26082 26083 26084 26085 26086 26087 26088 26089 26090 26091 26092 26093 26094 26095 26096 26097 [26098] 26099 26100 26101 26102 26103 26104 26105 26106 26107 26108 26109 26110 26111 26112 26113 26114 26115 26116 26117 26118 26119 26120 26121 26122 26123 26124 26125 26126 26127 26128 26129 26130 26131 26132 26133 26134 26135 26136 26137 26138 26139 26140 26141 26142 26143 26144 26145 26146 26147 26148 ... 33348 »
  Print  

Jump to: