April 30, 2024, 03:41:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 4033 4034 4035 4036 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 4048 4049 4050 4051 4052 4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 4058 4059 4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067 4068 4069 4070 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 [4078] 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 4103 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 ... 33308 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369709 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
OldGeek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Blitz:The price affects the perception of the news

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:01:34 AM

China doesn't appear to be asleep now.  At least not on Hooboy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:02:04 AM

Interesting. I can see why distress in emerging markets would be good for Bitcoin, and I predict a whole lot more distress to come. Not happy about that even if it will be good for my bottom line. Lotta people gonna get hurt. They'll get less hurt if they buy some bitcoin.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:02:47 AM

Explanation
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:02:56 AM

Turkey? lol. Why do reporters just attach random events to bitcoin price movements as if they are the one and only cause.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:07:53 AM

Those of us with substantial holdings will not deplete them by buying stuff at a low exchange rate. We didn't get where we are by buying high and spending low, so price needs to go up gradually and then we'll share with merchants. Overstock bitcoin sales went down because the exchange rate went down. If it goes up, more bitcoiners will buy stuff there and then more merchants will jump on board.
If Overstock sales went down it's because the initial rush of bitcoin buyers has passed.

And anyone with substantial holdings of BTC almost certainly acquired it more than a few months ago (ie when BTC was < $150). In the context of the gains made, the exchange rate has barely moved.
OldGeek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Blitz:The price affects the perception of the news

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:09:19 AM

Turkey? lol. Why do reporters just attach random events to bitcoin price movements as if they are the one and only cause.

Click bait.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:13:06 AM

Those of us with substantial holdings will not deplete them by buying stuff at a low exchange rate. We didn't get where we are by buying high and spending low, so price needs to go up gradually and then we'll share with merchants. Overstock bitcoin sales went down because the exchange rate went down. If it goes up, more bitcoiners will buy stuff there and then more merchants will jump on board.
If Overstock sales went down it's because the initial rush of bitcoin buyers has passed.

And anyone with substantial holdings of BTC almost certainly acquired it more than a few months ago (ie when BTC was < $150). In the context of the gains made, the exchange rate has barely moved.

I started buying when it was less than $10/BTC and I still am going to wait. You seem to think it was easy money. It wasn't. Everybody was screaming at us to sell when it jumped to $50, $100, $200, etc.  We held. and we held through the crashes too. Easy money spends easy. Hard money is hard to part with.
RicePicker

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

RicePicker

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:22:37 AM

I started buying when it was less than $10/BTC and I still am going to wait. You seem to think it was easy money. It wasn't. Everybody was screaming at us to sell when it jumped to $50, $100, $200, etc.  We held. and we held through the crashes too. Easy money spends easy. Hard money is hard to part with.

I was around the time when bitcoin was $32 and $2. The fact that you continue telling people to hold at $700-$800 compared to when you bought at $10 is ridiculous. I like to think back at when I mined an average of 3 coins with my 5770 in a week and I thought that was slow. I hold a good amount of Bitcoins from when it was $2-$20 and I believe that at these prices bitcoins are way overvalued for what they are capable of currently. Back then I was actually willing to spend my coins to buy things. I still have my DDR2 memory that cost 10BTC and thinking about how much I would have if I held on to them till now. Telling people to invest thousands of dollars in BTC when I was mining these coins when I was 17 makes BTC like such a joke.  
windjc
Legendary

Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:22:55 AM

Well said.

Much of the supposed "stupidity" on here is just people wanting cheaper prices. However, the real stupid people are those that don't see what's coming down the pipeline. There are literally hundreds of examples. But the one I mention in particular, the one where the most influential financial regulatory body in the world - the one in New York State - is going to be providing specific regulations and guidelines on bitcoin - pandoras box is really beginning to open.

If someone(s) can spend enough time on this forum to read and comment back and forth, and not see the obvious progression to where bitcoin is headed - then quite frankly such a person(s) does not deserve to financially benefit from any of this. They just don't.

Fuck the bears. I mean, sure we could go down over the next few days or weeks or months. But if you are a long term bear - fuck you. You are just stupid.

Those of you that have stuck with bitcoin from $1 or $5 or even $10 to where it is today. Hats off to you. That was the HARD stuff. That was when there truly were reasons to DOUBT. But today? Today?  Today its so fucking obvious to see where this is going that now you have to be an idiot not to jump on board.
windjc
Legendary

Merit: 1070

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:25:44 AM

I was around the time when bitcoin was $32 and $2. The fact that you continue telling people to hold at $700-$800 compared to when you bought at $10 is ridiculous. I like to think back at when I mined an average of 3 coins with my 5770 in a week and I thought that was slow. I hold a good amount of Bitcoins from when it was $2-$20 and I believe that at these prices bitcoins are way overvalued for what they are capable of currently. Back then I was actually willing to spend my coins to buy things. I still have my DDR2 memory that cost 10BTC and thinking about how much I would have if I held on to them till now. Telling people to invest thousands of dollars in BTC when I was mining these coins when I was 17 makes BTC like such a joke.  

No the joke is on you for not having the foresight, or at least the awareness to leverage a possibility, of seeing what bitcoin would/will become. Just because you were 17 and mining a seemingly worthless "coin" doesn't mean that bitcoin didn't just leave you behind.

Thats why the true champions are the ones that held/hold at least a substantial amount of this world changing technology.

People like you constantly make one critical error - you believe you know what bitcoin's value is worth, when, in actuality, you cannot conceive what bitcoin's worth is as it's current worth is a factor of the likelihood of a much greater worth.  And because you can't understand what the greater worth will be or all the reasons for its likelihood, you greatly undervalue in your own mind the value of bitcoin.
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:27:39 AM

you seem short sighted,
RicePicker

RicePicker

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:28:29 AM

I started buying when it was less than $10/BTC and I still am going to wait. You seem to think it was easy money. It wasn't. Everybody was screaming at us to sell when it jumped to $50, $100, $200, etc.  We held. and we held through the crashes too. Easy money spends easy. Hard money is hard to part with.

you seem short sighted,

Totally short sighted. That is why I have been holding on too these coins for the past 3 years...
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:34:12 AM

you seem short sighted,

Totally short sighted. That is why I have been holding on too these coins for the past 3 years...

so you just.. posted about how the coins are over valued.. and the main idea shared in your paragraph is a sentiment that coins shouldn't be held. contradictory much? expert troll

it is a good joke that you think those with money to invest, and who think bitcoin is going somewhere or might, shouldn't speculate at today's price because you bought in early and we're apart of the earlier phase of a revolutionary protocol/tool's unfolding.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:34:47 AM

I mostly hold because it's going up. It might go down first, but it's going up and I think even you know it. Market timing is not something everybody should attempt. I'm pretty good at it and even I use less than 5% of my holdings to play around with.  Investors are forward thinking. The utility value today is only one piece of the price. It's also the implied future value.  When the shit hits the fan in Turkey, Argentina or wherever, liquidity is gonna dry up fast and I want to be in a position to supply it.

Just wondering, where's all those coin you mined now? Still got em? hodling? or did you sell too early?  You sold at the top and now you wanna buy 'em back?
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:38:37 AM

you seem short sighted,

so you just.. posted about how the coins are over valued.. and the main idea shared in your paragraph is a sentiment that coins shouldn't be held. contradictory much? expert troll

yeah, this guy's hodling and criticizing me for telling people to hodl. so many trolls...
RicePicker

RicePicker

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:41:42 AM

I mostly hold because it's going up. It might go down first, but it's going up and I think even you know it. Market timing is not something everybody should attempt. I'm pretty good at it and even I use less than 5% of my holdings to play around with.  Investors are forward thinking. The utility value today is only one piece of the price. It's also the implied future value.  When the shit hits the fan in Turkey, Argentina or wherever, liquidity is gonna dry up fast and I want to be in a position to supply it.

Just wondering, where's all those coin you mined now? Still got em? hodling? or did you sell too early?  You sold at the top and now you wanna buy 'em back?

I have only ever invested $2000 mostly mining hardware and occasionally bought a few bitcoin when I had spare cash. I haven't sold because I already took out my initial investment last April. To me bitcoin is play money and if I lose everything I have learned a valuable lesson in economics and trading. I actually trade for fun on Bitfinex with the majority of my bitcoins which is 30ish coins. I lost about 25 BTC during the bitcoinica hack and 75 during the pirate ponzie scheme but that is somthing else.  
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:52:44 AM

People like you

Lol...good to see you Windy, not lost any of your charm I see Wink
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 10:00:40 AM

Economics and trading are two different things, Junior.  The fact that you consider it play money may be why you have less than a quarter of your original stack. Hope you enjoy that DD2 memory. Your brain memory isn't apparently doing you much good.
prof7bit

Activity: 938

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 10:01:56 AM

Interesting. I can see why distress in emerging markets would be good for Bitcoin, and I predict a whole lot more distress to come. Not happy about that even if it will be good for my bottom line. Lotta people gonna get hurt. They'll get less hurt if they buy some bitcoin.

All headlines about financial events are always composed in the following manner:

<something just happened> [as|after|despite] <something unrelated that happened at the same time>

The second part after the "as" is chosen randomly. Its sole purpose is to make it appear as if they were able to understand or explain what is going on. You will not find a single news source that would ever publish an article about a currency or commodity or stock rising or falling without the obligatory "as"-clause attached to it in the headline, no matter how absurd it may seem:

"Bitcoin drops as emerging market concerns ease"
"Bitcoin drops as Fed is cutting stimulus further"
"Bitcoin drops after disappointing Apple report"
"Bitcoin drops despite disappointing Apple report"
"Bitcoin drops as Google Doodle celebrates Year of the Horse"
"Bitcoin drops despite 6-time All-Star Lance Berkman announcing retirement"
"Bitcoin drops as Justin Bieber is charged with Toronto limo driver assault"

"Bitcoin rallies as emerging market concerns ease"
"Bitcoin rallies despite Fed cutting stimulus further"
"Bitcoin rallies after disappointing Apple report"
"Bitcoin rallies despite disappointing Apple report"
"Bitcoin rallies as Google Doodle celebrates Year of the Horse"
"Bitcoin rallies as 6-time All-Star Lance Berkman announces retirement"
"Bitcoin rallies as Justin Bieber is charged with Toronto limo driver assault"

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:02:21 AM

But you just said people had stopped spending because rates had gone down. And that merchants would now think twice. So are you saying $900 is the magic number for you and others to start spending? Or are you holding regardless?

I have nothing against you holding, btw.
Pages: « 1 ... 4028 4029 4030 4031 4032 4033 4034 4035 4036 4037 4038 4039 4040 4041 4042 4043 4044 4045 4046 4047 4048 4049 4050 4051 4052 4053 4054 4055 4056 4057 4058 4059 4060 4061 4062 4063 4064 4065 4066 4067 4068 4069 4070 4071 4072 4073 4074 4075 4076 4077 [4078] 4079 4080 4081 4082 4083 4084 4085 4086 4087 4088 4089 4090 4091 4092 4093 4094 4095 4096 4097 4098 4099 4100 4101 4102 4103 4104 4105 4106 4107 4108 4109 4110 4111 4112 4113 4114 4115 4116 4117 4118 4119 4120 4121 4122 4123 4124 4125 4126 4127 4128 ... 33308 »
  Print  

Jump to: