June 27, 2024, 02:59:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 10643 10644 10645 10646 10647 10648 10649 10650 10651 10652 10653 10654 10655 10656 10657 10658 10659 10660 10661 10662 10663 10664 10665 10666 10667 10668 10669 10670 10671 10672 10673 10674 10675 10676 10677 10678 10679 10680 10681 10682 10683 10684 10685 10686 10687 10688 10689 10690 10691 10692 [10693] 10694 10695 10696 10697 10698 10699 10700 10701 10702 10703 10704 10705 10706 10707 10708 10709 10710 10711 10712 10713 10714 10715 10716 10717 10718 10719 10720 10721 10722 10723 10724 10725 10726 10727 10728 10729 10730 10731 10732 10733 10734 10735 10736 10737 10738 10739 10740 10741 10742 10743 ... 33487 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26407616 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:06:27 AM

Hello bulltards.
I am back. With even more fiat and BTCs.
I told you in december 2013... but you did not want to listen. Hopefully you lost a lot of BTC or FIAT or BOTH!
Ok, so you got lucky and made a good call. So what? You are nothing but a trader that knows how to take advantage of this legacy centralized trading system. Guess what? Decentralized markets are coming and you will be a clueless as everyone else how they unfold. So enjoy your spoils of war, because they will be among your last. Go gloat to your Wall Street buddies that made billions ripping off hard working people. No? That's because you are not one of them. You are not one of us either. Holding bitcoins makes you lose nothing, and you will never understand that.

Wait.  Do you know where you are?  This is the Speculation forum, where money changers come to make money & layabouts come to gamble.  There are no "hard-working people" here.
Or, at least, shouldn't be, after all the warnings I've posted.
Face it, the d00d's just better than you at this.  Give credit where it's due.
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:06:55 AM

is anyone paying attention to the macroeconomic picture? The Swiss National Bank shocked world markets by removing it's peg to the Euro, causing it's value to skyrocket. Two systemic Greek banks are using an emergency liquidity tool at the ECB to try and prevent a bank run.  Oil Tanked and Gold spiked. This is 2008 all over again only worse this time.

How this will affect Bitcoin is anyone's guess, but I'm starting to think even my 2.5% margin long was way too premature.

Bank runs mean extreme DEFLATION of national currencies until the central banks ramp up the printing presses, start accepting used toilet paper as collateral and various other forms of counterfeiting.

Wealth is going to evaporate, credit is going to dry up and markets are going to crash with the exception of the safest government bonds (U.S., Swiss and maybe a few others).

I've warned many times for everyone to get their coins (and even fiat) off the exchanges if you aren't going to trade, but now I am saying it may soon be time to get your fiat out of the banks. 

still some time . they have to get all the mexican's (illegal immigrants) money in the banks.

they making them feel like they are first rate citizens getting free obama 'get ur money in the bank" cards.
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:09:51 AM

still some time . they have to get all the mexican's (illegal immigrants) money in the banks.

they making them feel like they are first rate citizens getting free obama 'get ur money in the bank" cards.

Right on.

all illegal immigrants (mexicans) now get a free 'get your money in the bank' id cards so they too can enjoy the same benefits as first class citizens (instead of being second class and left out of the benefits). first class citizen benefits: get abusively taxed, get obama-irs-scheme-cared, buy stocks @ATH's, buy high sell low, and get bailed-in!!

What can we do to stop these mud people, aztecminer?  The Jews and their government puppets (look who's the president now, those people are shameless!  It's as if they are mocking us!) have colluded to impoverish the decent, full-blooded Americans like you and me.
What's To Be Done?!

the reason for any bail-ins will be because of an economic crisis. i think making sure your own ass is covered. i think still some time left though cuz they gotta get the mexican's money in the bank's .

Why pardon my quoting of an ignored character, but... aren't you Russian?  Grin

It'll take more than your slanderous lies to sabotage my clan career Cool

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:11:42 AM

Made a quick couple hundred bucks by buying some more btc at $170 the other day. If you believe in long term for btc, the price is pretty hard to resist... even right above $200.  At the end of 2013, people would have sold a kidney to get btc that cheap
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:12:15 AM

lambchop, plz stop the tedious debates and post some bullish pix,

thx
NotLambchop

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:13:09 AM

sry Sad
(away from the box where all my pictures are stored, right on the HD, the old school way, before we had clouds)
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:14:11 AM

This is my theory, Mark is not A DPR, Ross is. Ross is the mastermind behind SR and when you are dealing with something like SR, its not easy to cashout. So he probably made some sort of money laundering agreement with Mark to help him cashout. Authorities found connection by tracking bitcoin movement and they pushed Mark. Mark is not a hero, he is probably afraid of his own shadow and he probably broke and made an agreement with authorities to reveal who DPR is and agreed to hand out 850 000 BTC for his freedom, to destroy biggest btc exchange and to vanish and never get involved in bitcoin again.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1116

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:18:02 AM

lambchop, plz stop the tedious debates and post some bullish pix,

thx

+1
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:25:32 AM

This is my theory, Mark is not A DPR, Ross is. Ross is the mastermind behind SR and when you are dealing with something like SR, its not easy to cashout. So he probably made some sort of money laundering agreement with Mark to help him cashout. Authorities found connection by tracking bitcoin movement and they pushed Mark. Mark is not a hero, he is probably afraid of his own shadow and he probably broke and made an agreement with authorities to reveal who DPR is and agreed to hand out 850 000 BTC for his freedom, to destroy biggest btc exchange and to vanish and never get involved in bitcoin again.

billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 03:25:50 AM

Could you remind me the last time FDIC has been unable to pay?  
If enough people go to the same coffee shop all at the same time, there'd be carnage.  Fortunately, shit like that hasn't happened yet, so while it remains a metaphysical possibility, color me not worried.

It is Bank deposit insurance. It is not banking system insurance. It was designed to prevent runs on individual banks, not on the entire banking system. It was dangerously undercapitalized in 2008 and required a bail-in and also had to hike rates to repay the emergency loan.

So TL;DR: FDIC has never been unable to pay?  But you're worried that it might, some day?  Gotcha.
BTW, you say FDIC hiked its rates?  Yet I haven't noticed it on my bank statements.  I'm sure I'm unwittingly paying for those too, tho.  Perhaps through inflation?  Nope, the US dollar seems to be fine.  It's almost as if ...nah.
Also, don't seem to remember FDIC being bailed in/out.  Sauce?  (not that I doubt your learnings)

You don't seem to be arguing in good faith, so I'm not going to expend the effort of goggling sources. History is filled with firsts. Things never happen until they do. I'm trying to warn people to be careful with whom they trust their money, but if you think that warning is unwarranted, I don't think I'll be able to convince you otherwise.

"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled."~ Mark Twain
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:35:29 AM

THIS THING IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE
aztecminer
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:36:58 AM

is anyone paying attention to the macroeconomic picture? The Swiss National Bank shocked world markets by removing it's peg to the Euro, causing it's value to skyrocket. Two systemic Greek banks are using an emergency liquidity tool at the ECB to try and prevent a bank run.  Oil Tanked and Gold spiked. This is 2008 all over again only worse this time.

How this will affect Bitcoin is anyone's guess, but I'm starting to think even my 2.5% margin long was way too premature.

Bank runs mean extreme DEFLATION of national currencies until the central banks ramp up the printing presses, start accepting used toilet paper as collateral and various other forms of counterfeiting.

Wealth is going to evaporate, credit is going to dry up and markets are going to crash with the exception of the safest government bonds (U.S., Swiss and maybe a few others).

I've warned many times for everyone to get their coins (and even fiat) off the exchanges if you aren't going to trade, but now I am saying it may soon be time to get your fiat out of the banks.  

Potential bank run in the small Greek banks? So what.

What's the worst that can happen? The ECB step in and take over the banks' assets and loan books?

And besides, Greece is about 1% of the Euro (if even).

Greece is the canary in the coal mine. They are not having a liquidity crisis. They are having a solvency crisis. They owe an ass-load of money to Germany and if German banks are forced to write off those bad loans, it could very easily trigger a cascade as Portugal, Italy, and Ireland are in almost as bad shape. Just like when a margin call sets off a string of margin calls in bitcoin, these things can spiral out of control very fast.

Many many People, companies and national governments owe an extremely large amount of money that they can only make payments on by taking on new debt. If credit dries up, it presents a systemic risk that can only be halted by massive new liquidity injections from the central banks. But this only kicks the can down the road, as the crisis of 2008 was only postponed until this year. The only way to really fix it is to let it happen.  We need a massive severe depression to transfer the malinvested capital to competent managers.  But of course the banksters who run the world will not let that happen, so we'll get another round of QE counterfeiting to kick the can once again.

there are several other german divisions facing greece in this matters . if greece wants another bail-out then they might have to trade some of their gold reserves .
JamesBrown

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:47:11 AM

Bears seem to have went to sleep?
WarrenBuffert and his "crew" not dumping 1000BTC in 3 phases anymore? Smiley

Wait, you're proud that for the first day since ever, the price hasn't tanked?  I remember bulls being huge fans of "The Big Picture."  "Zoom Out," they say.  So zoom out from 24hrs to  3d | 7d | 30d | 6m.  Yep.
Bears farting through silk is all I see Cool

NotLambchop seems to not be boasting about an inevitable crash - BULLISH!
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 03:55:01 AM

is anyone paying attention to the macroeconomic picture? The Swiss National Bank shocked world markets by removing it's peg to the Euro, causing it's value to skyrocket. Two systemic Greek banks are using an emergency liquidity tool at the ECB to try and prevent a bank run.  Oil Tanked and Gold spiked. This is 2008 all over again only worse this time.

Potential bank run in the small Greek banks? So what.

What's the worst that can happen? The ECB step in and take over the banks' assets and loan books?

And besides, Greece is about 1% of the Euro (if even).

Greece is the canary in the coal mine. They are not having a liquidity crisis. They are having a solvency crisis. They owe an ass-load of money to Germany and if German banks are forced to write off those bad loans, it could very easily trigger a cascade as Portugal, Italy, and Ireland are in almost as bad shape. Just like when a margin call sets off a string of margin calls in bitcoin, these things can spiral out of control very fast.

Many many People, companies and national governments owe an extremely large amount of money that they can only make payments on by taking on new debt. If credit dries up, it presents a systemic risk that can only be halted by massive new liquidity injections from the central banks. But this only kicks the can down the road, as the crisis of 2008 was only postponed until this year. The only way to really fix it is to let it happen.  We need a massive severe depression to transfer the malinvested capital to competent managers.  But of course the banksters who run the world will not let that happen, so we'll get another round of QE counterfeiting to kick the can once again.

there are several other german divisions facing greece in this matters . if greece wants another bail-out then they might have to trade some of their gold reserves .

Greek gold reserves aren't even close to being enough. The only way out is for Greece to exit the EU and repay its debts in it's own massively devalued currency (Drachma?)  But the damage will have been done anyway, as credit tightens, defaults pile up and the money multiplier runs in reverse. If your debtor can't repay you, then lending him even more money to make the payments only makes the loss that much greater when the delayed Day of Reckoning finally comes.

After the PIIGS, Spain and even France will follow, countries falling like dominoes. Nobody will believe Mario Draghi as he already admitted that when things get bad, you have to lie. Christine Gerard and Janet Yellen- well, they're women. They will be more concerned about who gets the blame that trying to prevent disaster. When Central Bank jawboning doesn't work, increasingly draconian measures will be taken. Withdrawal limits at first, and eventually capital controls.

The central banks will rev into high gear to save their fellow bankers and leave everybody else high and dry. They will massively expand their balance sheets, essentially creating money out of thin air. They will accept garbage as collateral for zero interest loans to big banks but we won't be able to get credit at any interest rate. Then it will finally be clear who runs the world and for whom they run it. (Hint: it ain't you)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10443

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:56:20 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2015, 04:16:25 AM by JayJuanGee

Supply and demand...as simple as that.

now the reak question is about the inflated demand, and the complicated answer is the greedy people who were so blind to not see or ignore the huge bubble, they were also promised $10K coins, so as naive as they were they kept buying bitcoins... in fact they were buying hope and held and wishes and dreams, but now they are realizing how ignorant they were... this is why the bubble is taking so long to burst, it was delayed with hope and dreams and wishful thinking.

Edit: BTW, technical analyzes work most of the time...the fact that you don't understand charts or don't know how to use them doesn't mean they are worthless.

If technical analysis worked out most of the time then we all should've been rich by now. I'm pretty fucking sure that you or any other else never predicted $150 bitcoin followed by $200, dip to $170 and back to $220 in a ridiculous 2-3 days timeframe. What you can do with T.A is to paint a history and then place a "bet" based on it. Saying that T.A works most of the time is an overstatement.

well, you are wrong sir, just read my posting history.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

hahahahahaha

MmiTech holding himself out as some kind of bitcoin price predictor guru.   Cheesy

Who would have thunk that we would get such dweebs as out leaders?

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:57:23 AM

Hello bulltards.
I am back. With even more fiat and BTCs.
I told you in december 2013... but you did not want to listen. Hopefully you lost a lot of BTC or FIAT or BOTH!
Ok, so you got lucky and made a good call. So what? You are nothing but a trader that knows how to take advantage of this legacy centralized trading system. Guess what? Decentralized markets are coming and you will be a clueless as everyone else how they unfold. So enjoy your spoils of war, because they will be among your last. Go gloat to your Wall Street buddies that made billions ripping off hard working people. No? That's because you are not one of them. You are not one of us either. Holding bitcoins makes you lose nothing, and you will never understand that.

Wait.  Do you know where you are?  This is the Speculation forum, where money changers come to make money & layabouts come to gamble.  There are no "hard-working people" here.
Or, at least, shouldn't be, after all the warnings I've posted.
Face it, the d00d's just better than you at this.  Give credit where it's due.
I did give him props. BTW, why didn't you speculators predict the oil, stock, and euro crash? Is it because you are only broken clocks hoping to be right once in awhile? Sure this is the speculation forum where we discuss relevant events that effect the market. It's not a pulpit for end-of-days street preachers.

BULLISH!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:00:01 AM

Bitfinex

Bitstamp

Explanation
JamesBrown

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:03:33 AM

source: http://www.goldmadesimplenews.com/gold/this-is-what-10000-people-queuing-to-buy-gold-in-china-looks-like-10987/
camolist

Activity: 896

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 04:07:37 AM

im all in... countdown till crash...

anyday now... (all in but could still margin buy on crash which im kind of hoping for...)
YourMother
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1046

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 04:11:17 AM

Shhhht!

Let them buy overpriced coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 10643 10644 10645 10646 10647 10648 10649 10650 10651 10652 10653 10654 10655 10656 10657 10658 10659 10660 10661 10662 10663 10664 10665 10666 10667 10668 10669 10670 10671 10672 10673 10674 10675 10676 10677 10678 10679 10680 10681 10682 10683 10684 10685 10686 10687 10688 10689 10690 10691 10692 [10693] 10694 10695 10696 10697 10698 10699 10700 10701 10702 10703 10704 10705 10706 10707 10708 10709 10710 10711 10712 10713 10714 10715 10716 10717 10718 10719 10720 10721 10722 10723 10724 10725 10726 10727 10728 10729 10730 10731 10732 10733 10734 10735 10736 10737 10738 10739 10740 10741 10742 10743 ... 33487 »
  Print  

Jump to: