April 26, 2024, 10:34:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 16319 16320 16321 16322 16323 16324 16325 16326 16327 16328 16329 16330 16331 16332 16333 16334 16335 16336 16337 16338 16339 16340 16341 16342 16343 16344 16345 16346 16347 16348 16349 16350 16351 16352 16353 16354 16355 16356 16357 16358 16359 16360 16361 16362 16363 16364 16365 16366 16367 16368 [16369] 16370 16371 16372 16373 16374 16375 16376 16377 16378 16379 16380 16381 16382 16383 16384 16385 16386 16387 16388 16389 16390 16391 16392 16393 16394 16395 16396 16397 16398 16399 16400 16401 16402 16403 16404 16405 16406 16407 16408 16409 16410 16411 16412 16413 16414 16415 16416 16417 16418 16419 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368110 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4457

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:09:43 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 07:33:18 PM by JimboToronto

This is what they call a dump nowadays.

Take your pick:

Smiley Wink Cheesy Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 07:54:09 PM

This is what they call a dump nowadays. Good times! Who sold at the bottom?

I don't know if we can assert bottom yet.

1) One thing is predicting ONLY UP from here on out - with a 1 or 2% variation, 2) another thing expecting that another test of support at $1000 is reasonable, 3) and a third thing is hanging out for $800 or lower like poolminor and some others who seem to be projecting those kinds of "inevitabilities".   

At this point, one or two seems much more likely than 3, yet even if 3 were to happen, after the fact, we would probably assert that 3 was within reasonable expectations?   

There are also some bears and bear trolls who are placing much higher probabilities to scenario 3 and maybe even betting too much in that direction.  Maybe an upward spike could be reasonable to force close several shorts, and teach some further lessons to shorters?

I personally think that on an individual level we have to prepare for all three scenarios, with 1 or 2 seeming to be the most likely (under current facts, context and market dynamics).. and at this moment, I am kind of torn about how much more scenario 1 is as compared with scenario 2.  What you guys thinking?
slap

Activity: 564
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 08:03:34 PM

My teenage niece bought shoes with btc. So. Moon?
What the Fart.  Cheesy
Where can you buy shoe with bitcoin?
Overstock still taking our bits for shoes? Grin
iOffer, I didnt know they accept btc
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:06:01 PM

1st the dump...after a bounce back not strong enough and maybe now the second wave..maybe we see 2nd bottom for today? who knows...fingers crossed!

Soooooo downward it is... lets hope we get level stable again soon. Question for the people who actually know about these things: where is the next support we're gonna hit if this keeps going?

oh wow, it is going down sooooooo much. i think it went down ALMOST ONE PERCENT in the last 24 hours. the end is near. crypto is dead.

seroiusly folks, what tf are you talking about?

sorry 60watt, my answer comes little late maybe but my answer comes with facts, not just bla bla bla or questions etc....
have a look the time that i made the posts and the price and look the charts... after that maybe it's more easy for you to understand what tf we was talking about Smiley

do you see the price went down clear now >?? or i need paint it for you?....??
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6095

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:16:02 PM

I am also this time more convinced of a bullish than a bearish outcome of the 1EUR/mBTC fight.

The volume of the little "backtrace" was not very high. RSI is low, so we're not close to be overbought. And the buying pressure until now has prevented any panic-like sellings since the 735 dip.

A contrary indicator is the fact that the very bullish upward channel was probably broken, although that already has to be confirmed. I think if until Wednesday we reach the 1070 USD mark again (or pass the 1000 euro barrier for more than 24 hours) then 1100 are very likely. But that doesn't mean for me that a new ATH is in the making - we need much more market euphory for that, so I only give it a chance if the ETF is approved. 

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:22:00 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 09:42:50 PM by JayJuanGee

1st the dump...after a bounce back not strong enough and maybe now the second wave..maybe we see 2nd bottom for today? who knows...fingers crossed!

Soooooo downward it is... lets hope we get level stable again soon. Question for the people who actually know about these things: where is the next support we're gonna hit if this keeps going?

oh wow, it is going down sooooooo much. i think it went down ALMOST ONE PERCENT in the last 24 hours. the end is near. crypto is dead.

sorry 60watt, my answer comes little late maybe but my answer comes with facts, not just bla bla bla or questions etc....
have a look the time that i made the posts and the price and look the charts... after that maybe it's more easy for you to understand what tf we was talking about Smiley
[https://s23.postimg.org/t0st68m17/malakas.jpg[/img]

The more you post, bitcoinvest, the more you are coming off as disingenuous... which also has the sense that maybe your are just making shit up.  Yes we can read charts and see 1% or 2 % price movements in various directions.

Alright, maybe I can attempt to play along a bit with your seeming game... and maybe it is possible that you are buying or selling 50% of your total BTC stash (which may only be .5BTC for all we know?) based on 1% or 2% price movements and then rushing back in or out when the price reverses another .5%?    

Doesn't it seems a bit implausible that someone would purport to have such a short-sighted and small price swings strategy that seems to rely on some kind of actual insight towards likely BTC price movements (which likely none of us have, except maybe any whale manipulators who may be pumping decent amounts of coins or fiat and have some sense about how much BTC or fiat that they can pump or dump into the system in order to prepare for major market-affecting pumps or dumps that s/he is going to engage in)?

I mean for normal folks, we are going to attempt to play bigger swings, no? and maybe figure out how much we would like to hedge in each direction... which also may depend upon whether you are in the green or in the red, and by how much, no?

If you are trading with 50% of your stash, then what is your likelihood of getting it right and then being able to sustain whatever position that you took in a reasonable way and to not feel anxious about some of the fake outs that occur in either direction?

HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:25:34 PM

The coindesk averaged price hasn't changed much since you made the first post you referred to at 01:29:07 PM,

This is the coindesk averaged price at 21:16 (at up by $2 since your first post it's almost the same).

Yes there was a $15 dump before you posted, but that's just weekend noise. It's already up $7 from the low of that dump. If it was a $100 dump it might be significant.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 09:39:44 PM

it gives me real pleasure the fact that you speak with hypothetical scenarios and have very easy this thing to judge and put "labels" to people that are in this community since the early days like the one i read as "disingenuous"...
Well one mistake i did... i wrote this post before the sell of that took us down to 976.99.... and did not post it right away.. since my biggest concern was my assets... by the time i finished with my sell orders i did the last one at 990 euro... of course i will not say you how much it is but believe me it's not .5 like you said....
Get real people and don't judge people that really posted what was going on in that specific time.. and for me 22 euro down was a very good moment Smiley to win some more BTC...

i really not understand how exactly you can say something personal without any real clue on what you say... makes me thinking about who is just making shit up...

be loved people and if you have nothing more than in personal level to write, and only judge then i know some good reality shows and gossip websites that asks for this kind of people Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:21:06 PM

it gives me real pleasure the fact that you speak with hypothetical scenarios and have very easy this thing to judge and put "labels" to people that are in this community since the early days like the one i read as "disingenuous"...

I'm just not clear if there is a better word?  Maybe it is possible that disingenuous is too strong, when I am suggesting that what you are claiming to be doing seems a bit nonsensical, and it does not seem like a very decent strategy for anyone to attempt to replicate. So, in that regard, I find it is bit difficult to follow, and yeah, maybe you are inclined to believe that some kind of meaningful price correction is in the works, but if you are suggesting that it is a good strategy to play with 50% of your stash for the possibility of a 2% correction... maybe a 50/50 chance of a 2% correction, and a 50/50 chance that the price will go 2% in the other direction and then what do you do?  Wait it out and hope that you get your then hopeful 4% correction?  I doubt that there is anything wrong with having such a strategy if you are systematically attempting to employ it and then you have a kind of track record to describe if it is successful overall.. for example if you employ it 10 times and you win enough of the times that it pays off to employ it?

I speak of both hypothetical scenarios and personal practices.  Sometimes hypothetical scenarios can help us to either attempt to predict the price direction or to help us to attempt to employ trading, holding or selling strategies that are better tailored to our own particular circumstances.  

Maybe if you provide some details regarding how you employ your apparently sustainable strategies then they may become a bit more understandable and seemingly plausible for some kind of attempt for others to emulate some or all of your strategies?

Well one mistake i did... i wrote this post before the sell of that took us down to 976.99.... and did not post it right away.. since my biggest concern was my assets... by the time i finished with my sell orders i did the last one at 990 euro... of course i will not say you how much it is but believe me it's not .5 like you said....

Who cares about timing of your post, unless you are just wanting to claim that you were right and that you posted before the market moved and therefore you were right?  So what?  Is that the point that you want to make, that you were right, or are you trying to get others to sell after you already sold?  What is the point of the information?

Get real people and don't judge people that really posted what was going on in that specific time.. and for me 22 euro down was a very good moment Smiley to win some more BTC...

I doubt that anyone is really judging you as a person, but just what you are saying.  Recently, I had asked you several questions about what you were doing exactly in your trading strategies, and then you revealed that you were supposedly engaging in 50% sales while the price seemed to be going up, and you were hoping for a correction but then you realized that you had to buy back in.  Even though I asked you about your strategy, you seem to be asserting that you are employing the same kinds of nonsensical strategies that are nearly pure gambles.    Don't get me wrong, I have no problem if you admit that you are engaging in a kind of pure gambling, but when you come off as if you are attempting to employ some kind of meaningful and sustainable strategy of selling 50% of your stash and then buying back 100%  - you come off as a bit overly dramatic and ridiculous.  That is not really a judgement of you but instead a judgement of the nonsensical information that you are spouting.

i really not understand how exactly you can say something personal without any real clue on what you say... makes me thinking about who is just making shit up...

I started out by asking questions first, and you provided a sufficient amount of information in order to recognize that your strategy seems quite a whimsical kind of gambling, at best.

be loved people and if you have nothing more than in personal level to write, and only judge then i know some good reality shows and gossip websites that asks for this kind of people Smiley

no reason to take matters personally.  We can stick to various bitcoin price and wall observing and trading strategy topics without any need to lover or hate, no?  My inquiries of you are more attempts to find out what you are doing and why and whether your strategy is actually real or realistic rather than hating on you.
bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:36:22 PM

wow Smiley that was indeed  a good post, taking time and effort to do so.

i will answer you that from the time of question etc i made 15% on pure profit. i hope that is an answer you can understand.

I NEVER suggest to anybody follow something that i do.... and i will never do. we spend time here and we share our thoughts...
Good night bitcoin land - and get ready for tomorrow !
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:48:05 PM

Never argue with JJG.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 10:48:58 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 11:13:51 PM by JayJuanGee

wow Smiley that was indeed  a good post, taking time and effort to do so.

just responding to various points of your post.

i will answer you that from the time of question etc i made 15% on pure profit. i hope that is an answer you can understand.

I concede that there could be times that you accomplish considerable profits, maybe even greater than 15%, and most importantly is whether you are comfortable with whatever strategy you are employing.

I also think that a more important measurement of whether a strategy is good is whether it accomplishes various goals that you have - whether that be hedging against other investments or employing a strategy that is consistently profitable.

Some posters here suggest that the best strategy is just to HODL - which it is really difficult to argue against that strategy - so sometimes a decent measurement could be to determine if you are better off trading, as compared with merely holding (and then the devil is in the details concerning how much better off and whether that is good enough or not)  I personally believe that my portfolio is much better off by trading rather than holding - yet there are quite a few ways to measure - and sometimes a bit of a difficulty to grasp it exactly - like how much money is in the BTC portfolio and is there more in the portfolio at time B rather than time A, and was more money invested into the portfolio during that time.

I NEVER suggest to anybody follow something that i do.... and i will never do. we spend time here and we share our thoughts...
Good night bitcoin land - and get ready for tomorrow !

Nothing wrong with sharing some our BTC price, wall and trading thoughts here and there, so we are on the same page in regards to those goals.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 01:52:30 AM

What the Fart.  Cheesy

Amazon.

As for the price, it looks like we had a double top which is usually bearish. It could drop back down to near 1000 again.

Or we have some whale come in and jump us up $20-$30 and we move to new territory on a nice slow climb to new highs and beyond.
elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 03:18:33 AM

What the Fart.  Cheesy

Amazon.

As for the price, it looks like we had a double top which is usually bearish. It could drop back down to near 1000 again.

Or we have some whale come in and jump us up $20-$30 and we move to new territory on a nice slow climb to new highs and beyond.

Not directly, but she bought a gift card with Bitcoin, then bought the shoes, unless I'm outdated and Amazon is accepting Bitcoin directly

Good, but not perfect yet
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:23:14 AM

I find the absurd bearishness around here to be very bullish.
I second your thoughts and I would like to add that considering the very small trading volume seen recently now the price seems in the hand of very few traders. With such a low volume small drops are not significant to me
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:04:01 AM

Can the bottomsellers buy back? Cheesy
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:14:44 AM

Can the bottomsellers buy back? Cheesy

Guaranteed ... they always do.

Seems like a lotta people 'waiting for a pullback' will get left behind hodling fiat bags now this next run is tip-toeing along the threshold keeping them all a-guessing.

Saddle up, time to ride.
Ted E. Bare

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Bear with me

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 08:30:26 AM

Look at that Chinese LocalBitcoins volume:

Chinese exchanges weren't fake after all, what a surprise!
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 09:15:32 AM

Look at that Chinese LocalBitcoins volume:

Chinese exchanges weren't fake after all, what a surprise!

Well... Dohhhh... Smiley  ... Mostly all the coins are "Made in China"  and most of them stay there!

I don't think the government will let too many of them get out soon. They are probably buying everything! Or at least holding the price of the exchanges, since now there is no more margin trading there. Cheesy Cheesy

Because they can't allow their people to feel like they are losing money or that there is some unknown uncertainty. It is something that I would do if I was a dictator and wanted to make my sheeple feel safe and calm! Cheesy Cheesy

This will eventually lead more chinese to run away from their devaluing yuan and accept the safe heaven of BTCiTcoin!  Grin  Grin

Also... HODL tight!!! Its going UP! .. Its gonna blow! Cheesy Cheesy ... Chooo! Chooo!  Cheesy  Cheesy
bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 10:08:16 AM

Good morning to the best land of this world! the bitcoin land!
Where everything is possible and the price is also possible to uptrend or downtrend! what do you see for today wise people? started good as i look it Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 16319 16320 16321 16322 16323 16324 16325 16326 16327 16328 16329 16330 16331 16332 16333 16334 16335 16336 16337 16338 16339 16340 16341 16342 16343 16344 16345 16346 16347 16348 16349 16350 16351 16352 16353 16354 16355 16356 16357 16358 16359 16360 16361 16362 16363 16364 16365 16366 16367 16368 [16369] 16370 16371 16372 16373 16374 16375 16376 16377 16378 16379 16380 16381 16382 16383 16384 16385 16386 16387 16388 16389 16390 16391 16392 16393 16394 16395 16396 16397 16398 16399 16400 16401 16402 16403 16404 16405 16406 16407 16408 16409 16410 16411 16412 16413 16414 16415 16416 16417 16418 16419 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: