April 26, 2024, 03:28:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 [708] 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368016 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Frozenlock

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:37:36 AM

Wall around $105 is now 11k.  Shocked

One big order for 6k and another for 2k.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lucas.sev

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:38:49 AM

Wall around $105 is now 11k.  Shocked

One big order for 6k and another for 2k.

And of course walls are never fake  Roll Eyes  Although yeah, this one might stand.
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:39:25 AM

If you want to make a river, pour water on the mountain top.

This is only one of many reasons I choose Ripple as a better world currency alternative.  There are vastly more XRP's.  So many in fact, it could be literally hundreds of year, if ever, that you would need to calculate beyond the 3rd decimal.  It's nearly impossible to do this with Bitcoin because there are only 11 million of them and at most 21 million.  And that doesn't account for how many have been or will be lost forever.  I know what you'll say, "Bitcoin can be broken down to 8 decimal places."  What the vast majority of people say is, "Who cares, what a pain in the arse to deal with .00239484 of something."  And I agree.
Wow... just wow dude.... if that really is a problem why don't we just multiply all bitcoins in existence with 1000 ? Nobody loses and you get that vastly more bitcoins you're looking for Wink

But in that case, mBTC and later uBTC or satoshi will basically do the same thing, in solving this "problem".

No, you're trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.  And honestly, nobody cares.  We didn't ask to have the wheel reinvented, we just said build a better wheel.  

In the end, that's why I choose Ripple as the future.  You choose what you want...but you're all wasting your time trying to sell me on 8 decimal places, satoshis, sushis, whatever.  Who cares.  It's waste of time.  I thought I made that clear. There are better ways to do it.  Bitcoin is not a currency.  That's my view.

Eh, i'm not feeling it. Ripples, centralised, mass-producible currency which is easy to regulate. Stupid name too. Who the hell is going to post on Facebook that they got "900 ripples this week! Who wants a drink?"?
Coinseeker

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:41:21 AM

I think we're going to see more minimal up and down around this 110 spot until those whale walls give in.  Same thing is going to happen as the last time they put a huge wall up to prevent the fall.  The longer it stays there, the harder the fall is going to be when they pull the plug.  Maybe that's what they want because in the end, they will lose.  If the markets want to go down, they are going down.  Just delaying the inevitable, assuming down is what's inevitable. 

I'm just ready to cash in my double digit guarantee.    Grin
Coinseeker

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:47:47 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 02:03:11 AM by Coinseeker

Eh, i'm not feeling it. Ripples, centralised, mass-producible currency which is easy to regulate. Stupid name too. Who the hell is going to post on Facebook that they got "900 ripples this week! Who wants a drink?"?

And that's the beauty of freedom and of the Ripple network.  You can use whatever currency you want.  XRP are a currency within Ripple, sure.  But Ripple is a payment ecosystem that allows people to use whatever currency they choose, without boundaries.  I could theoretically pay someone in Japan with Bitcoins and the user on the other end can have their money in Yen, for instance.  They never had to deal with BTC, eventhough I do, yet everyone is happy dealing with the currency of their choice.  

I'm not going to turn this into a Ripple discussion.  That wasn't my intention.  It's actually a brilliant system though, if you take the time to understand.  It's everything Bitcoin could have been and never will be.  That's MY view.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:50:46 AM

I'm not going to turn this into a Ripple discussion.  That wasn't my intention.  It's actually a brilliant system though, if you take the time to understand.  It's everything Bitcoin could have been and never will be.  That's MY view.

lucas.sev

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 01:59:41 AM

I'm not going to turn this into a Ripple discussion.  That wasn't my intention.  It's actually a brilliant system though, if you take the time to understand.  It's everything Bitcoin could have been and never will be.  That's MY view.

But he IS right in saying that bitcoin will never be used for microtransactions.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 02:13:05 AM

But he IS right in saying that bitcoin will never be used for microtransactions.

why not?

i guess using ltc is an option for doing alot of super micro tx

the reddit bot is another good thing people can use, the bot can make miro tx between reddit users for free....
lucas.sev

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:13:58 AM

I'm not going to turn this into a Ripple discussion.  That wasn't my intention.  It's actually a brilliant system though, if you take the time to understand.  It's everything Bitcoin could have been and never will be.  That's MY view.

why not?

the reddit bot is another good thing people can use, the bot can make miro tx between reddit users for free....

Why not? Because when my friend lacks money to spend on a steam sale that ends in an hour or two, I can't send him bitcoin as it will take too long. I need to use paypal.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:15:34 AM

Bought all back in at $112......wondering if I made a mistake.  Obviously missed the bottom, but was that just a false bottom?

Yeah, I bought back in 80% at $131. Holding 20% (or less as conditions indicate) as trend trading funds using Goomboo's moving average algorithm. The hourly chart trend is clearly downwards at the present.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:18:51 AM

Obviously. For microtransactions you have paypal. VISA. Or another crypt. Actually BTC cap is 7 transactions per second. VISA is +2000 per second.

BTC was never intended as a microtransactions system. And BTC could never have been Ripple, because is antagonic to debt-based, created-out-of-thin-air money.

BTC's point is a completely different one. It's more about freedom than about convenience.

I guess you need to read more and educate yourself, because you are not getting BTC's point if you think that not being ideal for fast micro-transactions is a flaw. Again: it was not designed with that in mind. The problems it solves are different, and deeper.
Coinseeker

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:19:26 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2013, 02:33:13 AM by Coinseeker

why not?

This says it better that I ever could.  So to get a full functioning world currency, one needs Bitcoin, Litecoin and a reddit bot.  Come on...really?  

Mass adoption = Not imminent.  Roll Eyes

Obviously. For microtransactions you have paypal. VISA. Or another crypt. Actually BTC cap is 7 transactions per second. VISA is +2000 per second.

BTC was never intended as a microtransactions system. And BTC could never have been Ripple, because is antagonic to debt-based, created-out-of-thin-air money.

BTC's point is a completely different one. It's more about freedom than about convenience.

I guess you need to read more and educate yourself, because you are not getting BTC's point if you think that not being ideal for fast micro-transactions is a flaw. Again: it was not designed with that in mind. The problems it solves are different, and deeper.

At least you're acknowledging that it's not suited to be a world based currency.  My job is done here.  The ideology, you can keep.
Jozzaboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:24:24 AM

why not?

This says it better that I ever could.  So to get a full functioning world currency, one needs Bitcoin, Litecoin and a reddit bot.  Come on...really?  

Mass adoption = Not imminent.  Roll Eyes

At least your acknowledging that it's not suited to be a world based currency.  My job is done here.

Ahem... Bitcoin=Gold, LTC=Silver and as for the reddit bot, this is just a relatable example in a very young innovation. You stick to your Ripples, we will keep our finite monies.
lucas.sev

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:25:58 AM

But this will stop it from being used as a currency. It will be store of value, but not currency in a sense "pay for dinner" or "buy a coffee" currency. Of course you CAN buy a dinner in few obscure places that I do not know names of in LA paying with BTC, but that's not the point.

I appreciate BTC benefits. Being decentralised is fantastic. Having a paper wallet is mind blowing. Its compressing value into a QR code. This stuff is truly, truly amazing to me. But I cringe when I hear that BTC will become a widely adopted currency.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:30:28 AM

And it's failing at that. 

Yep. Sure. Started from scratch as a piece of code in 2009 and here we are, looking how all the three letter agencies stare at it. Even Coinseeker the patriot is hooked in the bitcointalk forums chatting with bitcoiners terrorists, because it is such a failure.

BTW, today I sent money BTC to one of my best friends who recently moved to a South American country. He cannot easily send money out of where he's currently living, nor receiving money from abroad, because he just opened a bank account and he has not been working in the country for at least 3 months, so international wires are "disabled". Funny regulation, right?. Well, we just said *fuck off* to that, only two hours ago. True story. But yeah, what a failure.

Saying that what is happening with Bitcoin now "is a failure" defines yourself.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:34:47 AM

But this will stop it from being used as a currency. It will be store of value, but not currency in a sense "pay for dinner" or "buy a coffee" currency. Of course you CAN buy a dinner in few obscure places that I do not know names of in LA paying with BTC, but that's not the point.

I appreciate BTC benefits. Being decentralised is fantastic. Having a paper wallet is mind blowing. Its compressing value into a QR code. This stuff is truly, truly amazing to me. But I cringe when I hear that BTC will become a widely adopted currency.

Services can be built on top of Bitcoin that can allow you to instant off-chain transactions. And anyhow, not being able to pay your morning coffee with Bitcoin is irrelevant. 90% of the people in here agrees that there is no need to be able to pay for your chewing gum with it. You don't need it to be the "world currency" used by 5 billion people, and with a price per bitcoin of $1M. BTC covers a specific area that generates a huge demand, simply because it enables you to be more free than you were without it.

And now call it a failure...
Coinseeker

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:35:55 AM

Yep. Sure. Started from scratch as a piece of code in 2009 and here we are, looking how all the three letter agencies stare at it. Even Coinseeker the patriot is hooked in the bitcointalk forums chatting with bitcoiners terrorists, because it is such a failure.

BTW, today I sent money BTC to one of my best friends who recently moved to a South American country. He cannot easily send money out of where he's currently living, nor receiving money from abroad, because he just opened a bank account and he has not been working in the country for at least 3 months, so international wires are "disabled". Funny regulation, right?. Well, we just said *fuck off* to that, only two hours ago. True story. But yeah, what a failure.

So how does he plan to spend it?  With all the regulation and all. Huh  

As a store of value, it's an absolute success.  Yet still dwarfed by the thousands of years that gold has survived as a store of value. 
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:41:50 AM

So how does he plan to spend it?  Huh  

I knew you were going to ask that. OTC. It's not the most convenient way, but it's still a step towards freedom. 2 years ago, probably he wouldn't have found a single person to trade with where he is staying. Today, he will. These are just the first steps. And it's unstoppable, because there are many who, unlike you, are not happy about being enslaved by the ones controlling fiat money. There is such a powerful demand on what Bitcoin has to offer that you cannot even imagine.
lucas.sev

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:45:06 AM

Services can be built on top of Bitcoin that can allow you to instant off-chain transactions. And anyhow, not being able to pay your morning coffee with Bitcoin is irrelevant. 90% of the people in here agrees that there is no need to be able to pay for your chewing gum with it. You don't need it to be the "world currency" used by 5 billion people, and with a price per bitcoin of $1M. BTC covers a specific area that generates a huge demand, simply because it enables you to be more free than you were without it.

Isn't ripple such service?

Such demand is Silkroad Wink
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 02:45:44 AM

Hmm , sorry but your story smells so fishy all the cats are going dizzy

first , it happend TODAY , great coin-cidence.
Second , you wwnt to the trouble of typing "to a South American country" instead of the actual country name
Third , I would like to know what country that is because the regulations you're talking about are also quite "interesting".

Also , what is he going to do with those bitcoins? eat them?
Pages: « 1 ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 [708] 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: