7/21 - 1 (1.1%)
7/28 - 11 (11.6%)
8/4 - 16 (16.8%)
8/11 - 7 (7.4%)
8/18 - 5 (5.3%)
8/25 - 7 (7.4%)
After August - 48 (50.5%)
Total Voters: 95

Pages: « 1 ... 18056 18057 18058 18059 18060 18061 18062 18063 18064 18065 18066 18067 18068 18069 18070 18071 18072 18073 18074 18075 18076 18077 18078 18079 18080 18081 18082 18083 18084 18085 18086 18087 18088 18089 18090 18091 18092 18093 18094 18095 18096 18097 18098 18099 18100 18101 18102 18103 18104 18105 [18106] 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 18130 18131 18132 18133 18134 18135 18136 18137 18138 18139 18140 18141 18142 18143 18144 18145 18146 18147 18148 18149 18150 18151 18152 18153 18154 18155 18156 ... 33674 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26447637 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Dakustaking76

Activity: 579
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:24:07 AM

I'm bullish for long term BTC, and will only support the original Core Chain, but the times are very uncertain and locking in some profits now is probably a wise move, (TBH I've already completed a sell, as I don't want to get caught in a rush for the door).
Im  still weighing these options, not decided yet:

1] to sell BTC now, in case bitcoin+b2x will go down, and after the fork both BTC+b2x will not add up to current price-so it would be cheaper to buy them after that
2]keep my BTC until I get b2x forked coins and then try to dump both as fast as possible, and wait. - the risk is it can drop down much faster before I'll be able to sell.
3] do nothing and keep both BTC and b2x indefinitely, hoping for the best. but i don't want to support any rogue fork or bitcoin takeover attempt.- therefore i would rather be out of BTC completely than hold b2x.

4] get out of all cryptos to fiat temporarily and wait for the dust to settle. (there is a chance alts will go deep down after BTC fork as well as bitcoin.) and reload later.

5] hedge with some alts (diversification) - may be risky as well. Some altcoins may pump hard though

--- aditional possible options:
*short BTC - but it would be against my "no BTC shorting" rule #1 of trading
*spend some bitcoin for hardware and stuff, before it (possibly) drops.

atm I still think we may see another ATH before fork, as people will panic buy, so they can get free b2x forked coins. ( hedging against the the takeover/death of BTC)

The original chain Will survive
The original chain is Just under attack Thats all
To get more free coins
If  SegwitX2 has more hashrate iT doenst mean that Will survive
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:31:04 AM

1] to sell BTC now, in case bitcoin+b2x will go down, and after the fork both BTC+b2x will not add up to current price-so it would be cheaper to buy them after that
2] keep my BTC until I get b2x forked coins and then try to dump both as fast as possible, and wait. - the risk is it can drop down much faster before I'll be able to sell.
3] do nothing and keep both BTC and b2x indefinitely, hoping for the best. but i don't want to support any rogue fork or bitcoin takeover attempt.- therefore i would rather be out of BTC completely than hold b2x.
4] get out of all cryptos to fiat temporarily and wait for the dust to settle. (there is a chance alts will go deep down after BTC fork as well as bitcoin.) and reload later.
5] hedge with some alts (diversification) - may be risky as well. Some altcoins may pump hard though

I'm going for a combo of options 2 and 5. After the BCC|BCH fork some of the larger alts like XMR rocketed - Not sure if history will repeat itself - but certainly worth speculating over, if so there will likely be a small correction in BTC price - but nothing to cry about...
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 5232

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:34:43 AM

"conferences about Bitcoin"
https://youtu.be/CHhcy_QQghU?t=13m15s

W T F   is that guys? Out of all the videos, only the first one was bearable (this one: https://youtu.be/hXRhIXp4idM), thanks to the pretty girls... How is it possible that people fall for this sh*t?

Damn!

people. are. stupid.

you can NEVER overestimate the levels of stupid that exist. never.

I can tell by the smug people in suits and the production values that they are going to fuck so many gullible people over.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 4532

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:35:44 AM

I'm bullish for long term BTC, and will only support the original Core Chain, but the times are very uncertain and locking in some profits now is probably a wise move, (TBH I've already completed a sell, as I don't want to get caught in a rush for the door).
Im  still weighing these options, not decided yet:

2]keep my BTC until I get b2x forked coins and then try to dump both as fast as possible, and wait. - the risk is it can drop down much faster before I'll be able to sell.

atm I still think we may see another ATH before fork, as people will panic buy, so they can get free b2x forked coins. ( hedging against the the takeover/death of BTC)

Call me stupid, but I'm thinking of buying some more coins now... The thing is, if I buy after the fork, then which chain branch will my coins belong to? I don't want to have this uncertainty. I believe in Bitcoin, and even it there is a big drop, I believe and hope it will pick up again. So my losses will be in the short term. It has happened to me before, and HoDLing has rewarded me. Hopefully, after all is said and done, we will be left with valuable coins.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:36:54 AM

To get more free coins
If  SegwitX2 has more hashrate iT doenst mean that Will survive

still, think it is a plot so slam the price down to like 3k a bitcoin...even if these forks fail...likely price will reflect cheap coin as the fallback option if they can't win the chain from bitcoin core
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 11:38:29 AM

Im  still weighing these options, not decided yet:

To get more free coins
If  SegwitX2 has more hashrate iT doenst mean that Will survive

Well I'll be a little bit pedantic but the original chain is an abstract concept with more than one which can claim ancestry of transactions leading back to genesis block. Maybe what you actually mean is the current bitcoin core team will retain the bitcoin brand for their chain?

Torque
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:39:54 AM

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:47:15 AM

"conferences about Bitcoin"
https://youtu.be/CHhcy_QQghU?t=13m15s

W T F   is that guys? Out of all the videos, only the first one was bearable (this one: https://youtu.be/hXRhIXp4idM), thanks to the pretty girls... How is it possible that people fall for this sh*t?

Damn!

people. are. stupid.

you can NEVER overestimate the levels of stupid that exist. never.

I can tell by the smug people in suits and the production values that they are going to fuck so many gullible people over.
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:56:22 AM

https://medium.com/@jimmysong/segwit2x-game-theory-scenarios-part-1-7f863904a72
Jimmy gives a balanced-ish view

My tl;dr - scammers Mike Belshe, Brian Armstrong and Barry Silbert are gonna need a bigger float.

There is no way that this round of attacks has enough dollars or secret, reserved hashpower behind it.

I'm not looking forward to this. Without a surefire plan to capitalize on these fork coins, short term seems doomish.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:59:56 AM

My tl;dr - scammers Mike Belshe, Brian Armstrong and Barry Silbert are gonna need a bigger float.

There is no way that this round of attacks has enough dollars or secret, reserved hashpower behind it.

I'm not looking forward to this. Without a surefire plan to capitalize on these fork coins, short term seems doomish.

hodl
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:00:08 PM

I myself never time this stuff correctly, I just HODL

I think there will be FUD and a 1/3 correction, like other waves in BTC's past, this due to the Segwit2x+2mb attempted fork...it will likely survive as an ALT.....muddy'ing the waters with 3 now flavors of BTC claiming they are "the one"

thus usual....pump it up....then pump up the FUD ..drive it down and buy at the bottom

So will let the present hoard ride..since 2013 onward, .and if I am (unfortunately correct about the above) buy when it dumps 1/3 in price, as it has in the past before the next "go around"

to yet another future All-Time High...

rinse/wash/repeat

(how the btc whales splash in the crypto ocean..pump/fud/buy)

Poboy88

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:02:35 PM

People getting all bearish. Makes me think there's one more spike upwards to squeeze all your shorts before the crash actually happens. Hopefully the fork isn't too messy. Who knows, there's still time for the btc1 people to add optional replay protection....
LewisPirenne

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:07:13 PM

I bet that right after CME goes live with its BRR contact on Nov 14, someone will do a custom double one-touch right before Nov 16, just so that whales will profit whether it be 5K or 10K after the S2X freak show.
realsteelboy

Activity: 219
Merit: 23

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:07:48 PM

Apologies for the crosspost infofront but I trust most of you guys in here and the majority of you seem to know what you're talking about.

Any idea on this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2367477.new#new
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:11:55 PM

People getting all bearish. Makes me think there's one more spike upwards to squeeze all your shorts before the crash actually happens. Hopefully the fork isn't too messy. Who knows, there's still time for the btc1 people to add optional replay protection....

I'm not thinking of selling, I'm thinking of where to park my coins during the fork. Trezor doesn't plan to be very helpful.
krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 3452

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 12:22:57 PM

HODLing all the way boys... Whatever the outcome!  SO will you HODL or FODL? Tongue
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:37:11 PM

This thread has attracted more than 19 million views now (19,499,935 to be precise). Won't take much long to reach the magic number 21 million Grin
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:41:30 PM

HODLing all the way boys... Whatever the outcome!  SO will you HODL or FODL? Tongue

I'm kinda looking at a justification (hedge) on my ego on holding as per usual since 2013 in the following manner....

IF I was to sell some...capital gains would be high in my state with me at 47% tax rate etc already to IRS...

thus I say lose what 35% all said in done on my sale of more than 1 year and 1 day of held BTC

then

we are due, according to most reputable economists of either the liberal or conservative stripe...of a correction (ie recession)

a recession is 20% retraction or more

thus now my BTC moved to fiat lost another 20% in my view if we do have a recession..it will be more like 40% with the dysfunction of USA gov't at this time, imho

boy, would I feel silly

thus if I hodl and ONLY have a 30% (usual 1/3 pullback before the next leg) with BTC and this recession comes along as I expect in spring

well.....I can live with that

I also ALWAYS GUESS WRONG thus another reason to just HODL

anyway, my 'rationalization' on HODL

Torque
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:55:13 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 01:26:35 PM by Torque

we are due, according to most reputable economists of either the liberal or conservative stripe...of a correction (ie recession)

a recession is 20% retraction or more

thus now my BTC moved to fiat lost another 20% in my view if we do have a recession..it will be more like 40% with the dysfunction of USA gov't at this time, imho

boy, would I feel silly

thus if I hodl and ONLY have a 30% (usual 1/3 pullback before the next leg) with BTC and this recession comes along as I expect in spring

I'm starting to wonder if we are even going to have a correction of any sort.

The Fed and the world CBs have engineered the most massively manipulated soft-landing that world history has ever seen. I think we already are in a recession since the beginning of 2017, and they are making sure there is no significant crash by keeping interest rates slammed to near 0, continuous money printing, buying up everything, and nationalizing certain mega corps.

They know that a crash or correction now, when the world economy is the most vulnerable, would be devastating and long felt.

What is starting to settle-in though, is rising inflation. So you want to HODL your Bitcoin to outrun that long term. Same with the FAANG stocks, as equities go they're a long term safe bet since the world banks are actively nationalizing them and will keep buying them forever. But know that the FAANG companies will continue their expansion of their worldwide spying game for their govt masters.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 12:55:32 PM

I'm not thinking of selling, I'm thinking of where to park my coins during the fork. Trezor doesn't plan to be very helpful.

trezor does it well:
https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-statement-segwit2x-2x-hard-fork-b2x-f245fe4f0fb

what exactly is "not helpful" here?

TREZOR device supports both BTC and B2X.

The TREZOR device supports both BTC and B2X. For both, new and legacy addresses will be supported.

However, as SegWit2X will not implement replay protection, there are certain steps you need to take before you can use both coins safely. We will prepare a guide for you to follow, should you wish to split your coins and use both coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 18056 18057 18058 18059 18060 18061 18062 18063 18064 18065 18066 18067 18068 18069 18070 18071 18072 18073 18074 18075 18076 18077 18078 18079 18080 18081 18082 18083 18084 18085 18086 18087 18088 18089 18090 18091 18092 18093 18094 18095 18096 18097 18098 18099 18100 18101 18102 18103 18104 18105 [18106] 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 18130 18131 18132 18133 18134 18135 18136 18137 18138 18139 18140 18141 18142 18143 18144 18145 18146 18147 18148 18149 18150 18151 18152 18153 18154 18155 18156 ... 33674 »
  Print  

Jump to: