April 19, 2024, 10:47:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18056 18057 18058 18059 18060 18061 18062 18063 18064 18065 18066 18067 18068 18069 18070 18071 18072 18073 18074 18075 18076 18077 18078 18079 18080 18081 18082 18083 18084 18085 18086 18087 18088 18089 18090 18091 18092 18093 18094 18095 18096 18097 18098 18099 18100 18101 18102 18103 18104 18105 [18106] 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 18130 18131 18132 18133 18134 18135 18136 18137 18138 18139 18140 18141 18142 18143 18144 18145 18146 18147 18148 18149 18150 18151 18152 18153 18154 18155 18156 ... 33282 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364592 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:11:29 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 10:04:01 AM by conspirosphere.tk

1) Miners attack - inevitably leading to POW change.

Not really inevitably. I would give low chances for that extreme outcome.

After the fork, 2X'ers will dump  their BTC stash and dramatically reduce the price

We'll see. Up to now no one put their money where their mouth is.

3) CME is a godsend tool for shorters, and has been engineered to come online just before the fork.(2 days before)  It is not good news at the moment.

yes, and this is why I always disagreed with people happy to see big money enter in the scene.

4)  BTC may well immediately drop 15% after the fork. It shouldn't 'create value out of thin air' like the Cash fork.

15% would be a small correction. The question is what happens later. But atm I'm quite confident in bitcoin resilience. And similar previous attacks failed utterly.

The easiest attack for them is just creating empty blocks

I'm always been in favor of invalidating empty blocks. And now there are more reasons to do it.

6) The new difficulty algorithm in BCash becomes active a 2 days before the fork, again this has been engineered to ensure BCash can efficiently steal mining power from other chains.

They keep that trash alive just by a korean exchange which must be JihadWu's playground. BCH is a zombie coin whose expiry date is near.

they are un-predicatble because, as in a war, they depend of the tactics employed by the opposition. It all depends on the mind of the enemy, something you can't really know for sure.

The point is what is their objective. Since they cannot seriously believe that their alt would keep the bitcoin value they must be in just for the destruction, sponsored by TPTB behind the scene.
See: The cost of supporting the B2X fork: how to lose $100m in ten days https://medium.com/@danrobinson/the-cost-of-supporting-the-b2x-fork-how-to-lose-100m-in-ten-days-6797f7ef52da

I'm bullish for long term BTC, and will only support the original Core Chain, but the times are very uncertain and locking in some profits now is probably a wise move, (TBH I've already completed a sell, as I don't want to get caught in a rush for the door).

+1. But do not count on being able to buy back your btc cheaper. I would dump only what I can afford to forget about.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheFlynn49

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:29:05 AM

That Bitconnect thing gets weirder and weirder :S

I understand it's kind of a Ponzi scheme, right ?

You send them bitcoins, they give you "Bitconnect coins" which you can then "loan out" and get "interest".

Basically, you send your bitcoins and get fake coins in interest payments.

And when is this thing supposed to blow up ?
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:57:02 AM

That Bitconnect thing gets weirder and weirder :S

I understand it's kind of a Ponzi scheme, right ?

You send them bitcoins, they give you "Bitconnect coins" which you can then "loan out" and get "interest".

And when is this thing supposed to blow up ?

If it works like MMM it blows up when the ar8ehole running it decides to shut it down and keep the money, leaving the participants with tokens that are valueless. It will then reopen in another country and suck in a new batch of “customers”
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 09:57:53 AM

OK, I'm out. Sold everything @ 6120 euro. Only have some Dash and Byteball left. Gonna watch this whole Segwit2X-thing from the sidelines, I'll buy back cheaper or more expensive depending on the outcome.

Hope this selling everything pans out as well as the last time I did.

Did you leave the money or the exchange or withdraw it?

I left it on the exchange as I will be buying back (either cheaper or more expensive).
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:04:32 AM

What does this obvious ponzi scheme masked as a n00b investment platform have to do with even an inkling of bitcoin's progression again? Undecided

It damages bitcoin reputation.
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 10:05:21 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2017, 10:16:27 AM by afbitcoins

OK, I'm out. Sold everything @ 6120 euro. Only have some Dash and Byteball left. Gonna watch this whole Segwit2X-thing from the sidelines, I'll buy back cheaper or more expensive depending on the outcome.

Hope this selling everything pans out as well as the last time I did.

Did you leave the money or the exchange or withdraw it?

I left it on the exchange as I will be buying back (either cheaper or more expensive).

Similar to me Julian, also holding  Dash and Byteball both very interesting projects (and some bitcoin cash). I haven't cashed all by bitcoin segwit but a significant chunk, only because I have other uses for it. Bitcoin segwit can go up down or sideways from here, I'm happy with my decision.  

Besides bitcoin segwit is beginning to veer away from the cash concept towards being settlement layer for offchain transacting, not my favourite direction. I remain invested because it has retained the bitcoin brand and lots of support with that.

fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:11:04 AM

This cant be real.

Seriously, the level of stupidity is so high I cant barely believe it.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:26:48 AM

This cant be real.

Seriously, the level of stupidity is so high I cant barely believe it.

Are they actually getting away with it? It's illegal aint it?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:38:20 AM

https://medium.com/@jimmysong/segwit2x-game-theory-scenarios-part-1-7f863904a72
Jimmy gives a balanced-ish view

My tl;dr - scammers Mike Belshe, Brian Armstrong and Barry Silbert are gonna need a bigger float.

There is no way that this round of attacks has enough dollars or secret, reserved hashpower behind it.

FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:01:27 AM

I'm bullish for long term BTC, and will only support the original Core Chain, but the times are very uncertain and locking in some profits now is probably a wise move, (TBH I've already completed a sell, as I don't want to get caught in a rush for the door).
Im  still weighing these options, not decided yet:

1] to sell BTC now, in case bitcoin+b2x will go down, and after the fork both BTC+b2x will not add up to current price-so it would be cheaper to buy them after that
2]keep my BTC until I get b2x forked coins and then try to dump both as fast as possible, and wait. - the risk is it can drop down much faster before I'll be able to sell.
3] do nothing and keep both BTC and b2x indefinitely, hoping for the best. but i don't want to support any rogue fork or bitcoin takeover attempt.- therefore i would rather be out of BTC completely than hold b2x.

4] get out of all cryptos to fiat temporarily and wait for the dust to settle. (there is a chance alts will go deep down after BTC fork as well as bitcoin.) and reload later.

5] hedge with some alts (diversification) - may be risky as well. Some altcoins may pump hard though

--- aditional possible options:
*short BTC - but it would be against my "no BTC shorting" rule #1 of trading
*spend some bitcoin for hardware and stuff, before it (possibly) drops.

atm I still think we may see another ATH before fork, as people will panic buy, so they can get free b2x forked coins. ( hedging against the the takeover/death of BTC)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:20:25 AM

I just rushed to their thread to sign up and this little fella reckons it's the creation of my dream man.

Bitconnect was organized and is orchestrated, by well known Russian scammer Sergei Mavrodi and his partners. Mavrodi was running MMM scam in Russia and many other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MMM_(Ponzi_scheme_company)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Mavrodi

I will post additional information about that guys and their location very soon.

I am sooo sold. And I'm printing that face on my entire ceiling.

Just look at the creator of all you bitconnect fuddy duddy fudsters
and

KNELL TO YOUR MASTER!

Muhahaahha!

He f'd you all from his Russian hacker mum's basement.

Pure mastermind at it's finest to keep bitcoin in the trenches of obscurity. Roll Eyes

No wonder it can not keep above and hold near it's ATH for atleast a week.

And NEVER WILL! Tongue

Newbie jail now!
Dakustaking76

Activity: 579
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:24:07 AM

1] to sell BTC now, in case bitcoin+b2x will go down, and after the fork both BTC+b2x will not add up to current price-so it would be cheaper to buy them after that
2]keep my BTC until I get b2x forked coins and then try to dump both as fast as possible, and wait. - the risk is it can drop down much faster before I'll be able to sell.
3] do nothing and keep both BTC and b2x indefinitely, hoping for the best. but i don't want to support any rogue fork or bitcoin takeover attempt.- therefore i would rather be out of BTC completely than hold b2x.

4] get out of all cryptos to fiat temporarily and wait for the dust to settle. (there is a chance alts will go deep down after BTC fork as well as bitcoin.) and reload later.

5] hedge with some alts (diversification) - may be risky as well. Some altcoins may pump hard though

atm I still think we may see another ATH before fork, as people will panic buy, so they can get free b2x forked coins. ( hedging against the the takeover/death of BTC)

The original chain Will survive
The original chain is Just under attack Thats all
To get more free coins
If  SegwitX2 has more hashrate iT doenst mean that Will survive
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:31:04 AM

2] keep my BTC until I get b2x forked coins and then try to dump both as fast as possible, and wait. - the risk is it can drop down much faster before I'll be able to sell.

I'm going for a combo of options 2 and 5. After the BCC|BCH fork some of the larger alts like XMR rocketed - Not sure if history will repeat itself - but certainly worth speculating over, if so there will likely be a small correction in BTC price - but nothing to cry about...
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:34:43 AM

"conferences about Bitcoin"
https://youtu.be/CHhcy_QQghU?t=13m15s

W T F   is that guys? Out of all the videos, only the first one was bearable (this one: https://youtu.be/hXRhIXp4idM), thanks to the pretty girls... How is it possible that people fall for this sh*t?

Damn!

people. are. stupid.

you can NEVER overestimate the levels of stupid that exist. never.

I can tell by the smug people in suits and the production values that they are going to fuck so many gullible people over.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 4127

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:35:44 AM

Im  still weighing these options, not decided yet:

Call me stupid, but I'm thinking of buying some more coins now... The thing is, if I buy after the fork, then which chain branch will my coins belong to? I don't want to have this uncertainty. I believe in Bitcoin, and even it there is a big drop, I believe and hope it will pick up again. So my losses will be in the short term. It has happened to me before, and HoDLing has rewarded me. Hopefully, after all is said and done, we will be left with valuable coins.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:36:54 AM

To get more free coins
If  SegwitX2 has more hashrate iT doenst mean that Will survive

still, think it is a plot so slam the price down to like 3k a bitcoin...even if these forks fail...likely price will reflect cheap coin as the fallback option if they can't win the chain from bitcoin core
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2017, 11:38:29 AM

Im  still weighing these options, not decided yet:

To get more free coins
If  SegwitX2 has more hashrate iT doenst mean that Will survive

Well I'll be a little bit pedantic but the original chain is an abstract concept with more than one which can claim ancestry of transactions leading back to genesis block. Maybe what you actually mean is the current bitcoin core team will retain the bitcoin brand for their chain?

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:39:54 AM

Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:47:15 AM

"conferences about Bitcoin"
https://youtu.be/CHhcy_QQghU?t=13m15s

W T F   is that guys? Out of all the videos, only the first one was bearable (this one: https://youtu.be/hXRhIXp4idM), thanks to the pretty girls... How is it possible that people fall for this sh*t?

Damn!

people. are. stupid.

you can NEVER overestimate the levels of stupid that exist. never.

I can tell by the smug people in suits and the production values that they are going to fuck so many gullible people over.
Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 11:56:22 AM

https://medium.com/@jimmysong/segwit2x-game-theory-scenarios-part-1-7f863904a72
Jimmy gives a balanced-ish view

My tl;dr - scammers Mike Belshe, Brian Armstrong and Barry Silbert are gonna need a bigger float.

There is no way that this round of attacks has enough dollars or secret, reserved hashpower behind it.

I'm not looking forward to this. Without a surefire plan to capitalize on these fork coins, short term seems doomish.
Pages: « 1 ... 18056 18057 18058 18059 18060 18061 18062 18063 18064 18065 18066 18067 18068 18069 18070 18071 18072 18073 18074 18075 18076 18077 18078 18079 18080 18081 18082 18083 18084 18085 18086 18087 18088 18089 18090 18091 18092 18093 18094 18095 18096 18097 18098 18099 18100 18101 18102 18103 18104 18105 [18106] 18107 18108 18109 18110 18111 18112 18113 18114 18115 18116 18117 18118 18119 18120 18121 18122 18123 18124 18125 18126 18127 18128 18129 18130 18131 18132 18133 18134 18135 18136 18137 18138 18139 18140 18141 18142 18143 18144 18145 18146 18147 18148 18149 18150 18151 18152 18153 18154 18155 18156 ... 33282 »
  Print  

Jump to: