June 25, 2024, 07:08:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18316 18317 18318 18319 18320 18321 18322 18323 18324 18325 18326 18327 18328 18329 18330 18331 18332 18333 18334 18335 18336 18337 18338 18339 18340 18341 18342 18343 18344 18345 18346 18347 18348 18349 18350 18351 18352 18353 18354 18355 18356 18357 18358 18359 18360 18361 18362 18363 18364 18365 [18366] 18367 18368 18369 18370 18371 18372 18373 18374 18375 18376 18377 18378 18379 18380 18381 18382 18383 18384 18385 18386 18387 18388 18389 18390 18391 18392 18393 18394 18395 18396 18397 18398 18399 18400 18401 18402 18403 18404 18405 18406 18407 18408 18409 18410 18411 18412 18413 18414 18415 18416 ... 33480 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26406332 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
xxZeoXxx

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:05:25 AM

over 10k for me sure. just wait
Logic-Elliven

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:06:13 AM

I haven't verified this, but it seems the whole CME listing thing may be BS?

China "news" comes out that it is shutting down exchanges. Partial selloff but not enough so what do we need. Let's see!

Jamie Dimon comes out and calls Bitcoin' a fraud, ok was the selloff part of normal pullbacks or did Jamie add to the degree. No one knows for sure, but one of JP Morgan's client's seemed to buy a crap load the day after the selloff. Hmmmmm Yes I know it wasn't JPM' themselves but you rub my back I rub yours!

We also saw Zcash announcing a partnering with JPM' to use their block chain technology. GREAT!! Yes and it's semi private. OOOPS JPM' in the news for money laundering. Maybe they should have partnered with XMR' (noticed the run it had as of late).

Then we get the news the CME' and the CBOE' are going to start trading bitcoin 6.16% futures! YEAH to the moon baby. It's happening in the 4th quarter right. I'm excited and was even more excited to see posted on the CME's website that futures start trading Dec 0.77% 10th! Yeah baby! I even called my broker to see if they will be handling them. Nope so I called another and setup and account there, as tradestation is going to allow bitcoin' futures trading! I'm ready to go! Wait where did the post on Dec 0.77% 10th go? OOOPS Laurie Bischel, spokeswoman for the exchange said the original posting "WAS DUE TO AN ERROR WITH THE WEBSITE". HUH. You mean your not starting to trade futures Dec 0.77% 10th, I'm setup and ready to go! What is an "error with the website"? Were you hacked? Was it a joke? Was it premature? Do you not have any protocols in line to insure this doesn't happen? OR is the CFTC' putting it's foot down on your idea?

So I read a little further. CME has NOT yet filed with the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission but are in "active" discussions with the regulators. Why are you "in discussion with regulators" thanks to the laws that were passed by our wonderful government the CME does not need the CFTC's permission to list products for trading. Just has to file a "self certification" with the regulator, meaning the products complies with the Commodity and Exchange ACT. So what's the holdup? and more over why are you "talking" with regulators about a product that you can self certify? HMMMMM This is not good news and I may be closing that tradestation account! Something is definitely not right here!

But Bitcoin 6.16% does not care and neither do the buyers for now! The chart screams higher, but I remember when the chart screamed PULLBACK. Be careful at these levels. Maybe this is just a collusion of JPM' and the CME' group to run this puppy up to allow their large investors to bank on the backs of us average Joe's.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/Jc54sMRa-BTC-Price-Manipultion-The-CME-and-JPM-are-at-it-again/
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:11:36 AM

I don't even know if that CME futures trading will be positive, negative or neutral for Bitcoin price... so who cares if they do open in december or not?
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:19:04 AM

I think there is much more than 1M bitcoins lost.

and when you google for these lost bitcoins stories most are really dated numbers in terms of value.
You literally have to multiply the reported value 15 fold making it even more "head shaking worthy." (for want of a better term)
So for example this familiar story
I'm sure most of the legendaries/heroes in here have heard about the
7500 bitcoins lost valued at over a reported $5 million then that are now worth around $70 million.
And this is just one story of many.
It's mind blowing when you think about it.

No one takes into account the dust left behind everywhere. 

I have one inaccessible wallet containing enough for a good night out year's salary.  The other one has only dust  enough for a really good night out.  Still only makes me smile and shake my head at my own stupidity.

To be revisited after the next batch of zeroes are handed out.   

Why is it inaccessible? You don't remember absolutely anything about the password you might have used or is it another thing?
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:21:16 AM

I don't even know if that CME futures trading will be positive, negative or neutral for Bitcoin price... so who cares if they do open in december or not?
Its definitely positive. It means everyone with a brokerage account suddenly has access to bitcoin without having to deposit onto a third party exchange they might not trust, and they can go in and out of bitcoin trades next to their stock trades. It means massive liquidity. Think billions of dollars suddenly added to the finex order book. Possibly with leverage too. I posted on here some time in 2013 or 2014 a prediction that if BTC were to be integrated with standard brokers, the price would immediately surge to $10K. This is what the rally has been all about.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:25:39 AM

Its definitely positive. It means everyone with a brokerage account suddenly has access to bitcoin without having to deposit onto a third party exchange they might not trust, and they can go in and out of bitcoin trades next to their stock trades. It means massive liquidity. Think billions of dollars suddenly added to the finex order book. Possibly with leverage too. I posted on here some time in 2013 or 2014 a prediction that if BTC were to be integrated with standard brokers, the price would immediately surge to $10K. This is what the rally has been all about.

I was under the impression that CME futures did not touch Bitcoin directly at any moment during the entire process. It's USD all the way. Am I wrong?
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3520

born once atheist

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:25:47 AM

and when you google for these lost bitcoins stories most are really dated numbers in terms of value.
You literally have to multiply the reported value 15 fold making it even more "head shaking worthy." (for want of a better term)
7500 bitcoins lost valued at over a reported $5 million then that are now worth around $70 million.

I have one inaccessible wallet containing enough for a good night out year's salary.  The other one has only dust  enough for a really good night out.  Still only makes me smile and shake my head at my own stupidity.

Well that sucks my friend, really sorry to hear that.
Lost password? I only ask as that's what gets me paranoid now, due to an issue I recently had
when I set a password on a newly installed electrum wallet.
I SWEAR I had it right when trying to get back in...even written down... but nope. locked out. PHUUUUUK!!!
Should have tested BEFORE loading wallet with funds... duhhh! stupid phukkin me!!!

My recovery seed saved me...THAT was correct, phew!...thank phuk for that...Lesson learned.

Being in charge of one's own banking security has its merits to be sure.
 Just be aware of the downfalls as they can be costly indeed...

CoinCaps.net
Copper Member

Activity: 61

CoinCaps.net

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 12:32:34 AM

I'd feel better about the current rally if there were more bearish individuals.  The wall of worry is virtually gone in the current market.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:34:25 AM

Why is it inaccessible? You don't remember absolutely anything about the password you might have used or is it another thing?

I have 1 ETH lost.  I have the back up but don’t have the password because wrote the password down electronically and the file didn’t save properly.  No seed with Mist.  
explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:36:02 AM

Strong passwords, lost.  I kept notes on the variations tried and failed, but it's years ago now.  Water under the bridge, but maybe worth revisiting someday.  If a family member continues an interest in cryptography then perhaps I will hand over the notes some day.  There is a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow, if you can reach it Cheesy  No worries.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:37:52 AM

On CME the product details are all on their webpage.  You can check for yourself.

They self-certify so they dont have to lodge until they intend to start trading. They are talking to the regulator because they don’t want to piss them off.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:42:54 AM

I have one inaccessible wallet containing enough for a good night out year's salary.  The other one has only dust  enough for a really good night out.  Still only makes me smile and shake my head at my own stupidity.

Strong passwords, lost.  I kept notes on the variations tried and failed, but it's years ago now.  Water under the bridge, but maybe worth revisiting someday.  If a family member continues an interest in cryptography then perhaps I will hand over the notes some day.  There is a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow, if you can reach it Cheesy  No worries.

Even if it is strong, if it is not purely random -which probably isn't- and you do remember some hints about what you might have used -most people do even have some "style" of generation- it would potentially be crackeable with the right custom rules. It also depends on the actual value of the wallet to determine if it would be worth the effort or not.

If you even tried variations manually it sounds like you have some general idea of how it could be formed. There's hope.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4605

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:43:14 AM

Oh looky. It's another ATH at Stamp.

I love how honey badger shook off the correction/profit-taking so quickly and moved right on up with not a sign of panicking.

Let's see $10k. Go Bitcoin go.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:45:01 AM

$9500 approaching

$9499 Gdax

Edit: bang. $9500 on both Gdax and BFX.

BIG GREEN CANDLE.
TERA2

Activity: 266
Merit: 222

Deb Rah Von Doom

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:49:49 AM

I was under the impression that CME futures did not touch Bitcoin directly at any moment during the entire process. It's USD all the way. Am I wrong?
They are futures contracts which means eventually at some date on the contract, the exchange has to buy actual bitcoins and deliver them. In addition, the futures prices will move the bitcoin price by mere arbitrage.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:52:20 AM

They are futures contracts which means eventually at some date on the contract, the exchange has to buy actual bitcoins and deliver them. In addition, the futures prices will move the bitcoin price by mere arbitrage.

That second part is what worries me... if they massively short the futures with their huge piles of cash... couldn't that also "move the bitcoins price by mere arbitrage" DOWN?

Naked short selling anyone?
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:53:30 AM

I have one inaccessible wallet containing enough for a good night out year's salary.  The other one has only dust  enough for a really good night out.  Still only makes me smile and shake my head at my own stupidity.

Strong passwords, lost.  I kept notes on the variations tried and failed, but it's years ago now.  Water under the bridge, but maybe worth revisiting someday.  If a family member continues an interest in cryptography then perhaps I will hand over the notes some day.  There is a pot of gold at the end of that rainbow, if you can reach it Cheesy  No worries.

Even if it is strong, if it is not purely random -which probably isn't- and you do remember some hints about what you might have used -most people do even have some "style" of generation- it would potentially be crackeable with the right custom rules. It also depends on the actual value of the wallet to determine if it would be worth the effort or not.

If you even tried variations manually it sounds like you have some general idea of how it could be formed. There's hope.

Exactly.  It is not critical to my net crypto at this point, but could make a great project/windfall someday.  Who knows, I might even get around to learning how to crack it myself someday. 
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:53:53 AM

Sorry but no. They are cash settled.  It is a fiat bet on bitcoin price in $.  Nothing more.

Other players will move BTC price by arb.  
Heater

Activity: 403
Merit: 360

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:56:56 AM

$9,500 USD on Bitstamp - a new ATH

The blow-off top may be closer than we think - who knows. Get ye self ready.
explorer
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 12:57:08 AM

I understood that they were USD settled.  As in zero BTC contact, unless one used it independently to hedge the futures.  Basically USD bets on the price of BTC, a good ol' derivative that can be used to control prices with unlimited paper.
Pages: « 1 ... 18316 18317 18318 18319 18320 18321 18322 18323 18324 18325 18326 18327 18328 18329 18330 18331 18332 18333 18334 18335 18336 18337 18338 18339 18340 18341 18342 18343 18344 18345 18346 18347 18348 18349 18350 18351 18352 18353 18354 18355 18356 18357 18358 18359 18360 18361 18362 18363 18364 18365 [18366] 18367 18368 18369 18370 18371 18372 18373 18374 18375 18376 18377 18378 18379 18380 18381 18382 18383 18384 18385 18386 18387 18388 18389 18390 18391 18392 18393 18394 18395 18396 18397 18398 18399 18400 18401 18402 18403 18404 18405 18406 18407 18408 18409 18410 18411 18412 18413 18414 18415 18416 ... 33480 »
  Print  

Jump to: