June 24, 2024, 08:38:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 18342 18343 18344 18345 18346 18347 18348 18349 18350 18351 18352 18353 18354 18355 18356 18357 18358 18359 18360 18361 18362 18363 18364 18365 18366 18367 18368 18369 18370 18371 18372 18373 18374 18375 18376 18377 18378 18379 18380 18381 18382 18383 18384 18385 18386 18387 18388 18389 18390 18391 [18392] 18393 18394 18395 18396 18397 18398 18399 18400 18401 18402 18403 18404 18405 18406 18407 18408 18409 18410 18411 18412 18413 18414 18415 18416 18417 18418 18419 18420 18421 18422 18423 18424 18425 18426 18427 18428 18429 18430 18431 18432 18433 18434 18435 18436 18437 18438 18439 18440 18441 18442 ... 33475 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26405655 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 07:46:00 PM

The thing is, monetary tokens are not like a stock.

A stock has a finite intrinsic value - or a measurable value at least - based on the turnover of the business, earnings ratio, prospective commercial opportunities in its sector etc.

It's questionable if stocks have any value at all, much less the speculative value placed on them. Most people have no idea how the stock market really works or how stocks are really valued. It's pretty frightening really. Read my post on it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2098580.msg21161390#msg21161390
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:04:39 PM

What´s this american thing, bigger is better ? I think, it´s enough to have a handfull.
It´s sexier.

I think it has to do with bottle feeding.

Could be. I was breast fed, and I'm a butt man.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, those butts (not american style, just handfull), and bitcoin, they rule !

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:11:49 PM

Most people have no idea how the stock market really works or how stocks are really valued. It's pretty frightening really. Read my post on it here:

Another way of looking at the stock market is as a wealth transfer scheme. After all, for each buyer there is a seller. The net result is 0, it’s a zero sum game, but some will win along the way and some will lose. You just have to be aware of the cycle.
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:26:57 PM

Most people have no idea how the stock market really works or how stocks are really valued. It's pretty frightening really. Read my post on it here:

Another way of looking at the stock market is as a wealth transfer scheme. After all, for each buyer there is a seller. The net result is 0, it’s a zero sum game, but some will win along the way and some will lose. You just have to be aware of the cycle.

Transfer that wealth to me. Now.
No, you´re right !

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:35:53 PM

Ok guys, back in front of my computer and it seems I have not missed *THE* ath.

Ready when you are Smiley
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:36:35 PM

The ultimate wealth transfer is not to any Average Joe retail buyer, it's to the wealthy elite owners and angel investors of these companies. They own the lions share of every insta-mined company stock IPO, of which they paid next to nothing for (relatively speaking).

Bitcoin's valuation, by contrast, has been bootstrapped and crowdfunded from the ground up by Average Joe. That's why the wealthy elite hate it.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:50:58 PM

Earwig. Low.

Stamp moving again. 637 coins left priced under 10k.

If it breaks 10k we should get to 20k within a few hours.

Wut?  Reasoning?
Ivor Biggun

Activity: 196
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 09:54:55 PM

The forum's getting slower to load now bitcoin's getting close to $10k. I hope we can still post here at the $10k ATH.

Busy, try again (504)

The server seems to be overloaded right now. Please try again in a little while.

If you are getting this error while trying to post something, press the reload/refresh button in your browser and accept the browser warning. Keep doing this until you get a non-error page, at which point your post will be made. Leave at least a few seconds between each attempt.

It is normal for this error to occur every once in a while. There is generally no need to report it. However, if you get this error so often that it becomes especially disruptive, post to the Meta section of the forum about it.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 2194

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:02:54 PM

the 1 hour optimism chart is looking very good.I think this is it, $10000 is imminent
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:18:36 PM

Also, who remembers the $1k Bitcoin party...

I do. Didn't last long though.

It wasn't the most fun for me as I was coming to realize I wasn't going to get my 50 coins back from Gox and I had <100 coins left.

Luckily 2014-5 gave me the opportunity to buy back many more than I lost.

This time I was much calmer. The day my Bitcoin stash was first worth over $1mCAD, I spent $1.2k on a new ultra-light powerful bass amp (bought with fiat) and had a few beverages.

I'm still gonna wait for the price to double a few more times before getting into my stash and making any real purchases. Anything under $10m is still just comfortable. I'd like to experience being rich before I get too old to enjoy it.

You don't need to disclose any further details or admit to anything; however, I am going to place you in the about 160BTC club (give or take 15 coins); therefore, having a $10million portfolio is going to require $62,500 value for bitcoins, and surely you do not need that much dough, as an old foggie to live comfortably.  

I am actually going to quibble with your target and suggest that anything in the $2million to $5million territory is going to be sufficient for you to start withdrawing some value - and surely you need not withdraw principle, because it is likely that anything you withdraw is going to be far and above your principle investment.  Therefore with a more splurgy investment, you could start withdrawing at $12,500, and the most conservative of the range, you would start withdrawing at $31k - which really I think is much too unnecessary, especially given your old foggie status.   Tongue

Hahahaha... that is called "unsolicited advice"... I concede that we all hate unsolicited advice.

Without disclosing exactly how many I have (your estimate is a bit off), I could have started spending some of my coins a while ago but since I'm still earning elsewhere, I'd rather keep acquiring more coins, albeit in much smaller amounts. Keeping busy helps keep you young and I learned long ago that prosperity comes in cycles.

When I was 20, my GF was the ex-wife of a brain surgeon so we lived pretty high off the hog. We had way too much spending money for kids our age.

After Uncle Sam decided I wasn't contributing enough to the American economy and suggested I leave of my own free will, I fell on tougher times back in Toronto. I moved into a cheap rooming house and scrambled to keep myself fed. Only stubbornness kept me from moving into my parents' home, collecting welfare, or getting a job. I scraped and hustled to earn any money I could and learned to live on almost nothing.

When I finally broke down and got a job I maintained my thriftiness. I kept spending to a minimum and earned extra money playing music at night while keeping up my day job.  I only bought things that were cheap enough to resell at a profit. I kept hustling any buck I could. Slowly I accumulated enough to finally quit employment for good and live completely off of music and hustles.

If a band broke up and my musical income was interrupted, I was back to scrounging to feed myself again. I still tell the story about how, after we'd eaten all the stale pasta with takeout squeeze-packet sauce, all we had was oatmeal. We had it with old brown sugar for breakfast, chicken bouillon cube porridge for lunch and Oxo porridge for dinner. Employment, welfare and panhandling were not options.

By the time I was in my 40s, I'd managed to acquire 3 properties in downtown Toronto while still maintaining dirt-cheap tenancy in an old house next to the train tracks. My 8 tenants paid my mortgages, taxes and maintenance costs, and gave me a good income as well. I slowly started falling into bad habits. I started to eat in restaurants and take taxicabs. I bought a trailer and kept a country place. I started living high off the hog again.

When prime minister Brian Mulroney "Cooled down the over-heated Canadian economy to wrestle inflation to the ground" everything changed again. My mortgage rates tripled, I had to lower my rents because of soaring unemployment and a collapsing local real estate market. My properties weren't worth what they were mortgaged for. Then I was involved as a passenger in a head-on highway collision.

Since I wasn't an employee and had no registered business, the insurance company gave me nothing. They offered me an insulting pittance for pain and suffering, but I refused it and retained a civil litigation lawyer. It took 2 years to see a penny. In the meantime I was unable to earn, confined to a wheelchair and crutches. The banks foreclosed on my mortgages and I was forced to declare bankruptcy.

Due to a precedent in an Ontario court in the 1920s, it was determined that the bankruptcy trustee couldn't touch any receivables from an auto accident settlement. Meanwhile the insurance company played hardball, not reaching a settlement until we'd already set a court date. I was forced to go on welfare, which paid for most of the cost of my rent. To subsist I was forced to sell some of my instruments and roll up my old nickels and pennies to buy cheap raw food. I ate a meal a day at a local soup kitchen. Then finally my lawyer called to say he'd received the minutes of settlement from the insurance company. I went and signed the papers and went straight to the trustee to declare bankruptcy. The next day, I went and picked up my settlement check, took it to the bank where it was written and got it certified, then went straight to my local bank branch and opened an account, withdrawing $5k in cash to pay off actual people I owed money to. I was a real person again.

Since then, I've done okay for myself but I'll always try to maintain my poverty buying habits. Never borrow. Buy only to earn, not to spend. Avoid banks. I'll try to maintain this attitude even if I become very wealthy.

This is why I'll keep holding, and buying the dips.

Dear Jimbo...

You seem to have a lot of bad karma! Smiley

You need to address that issue!!! Karma is the force of the nature of the Universe and the ways that it is manifested or expressed. I might guide you, but first you need to do your research on the web about the ways of the karma. Smiley

By the way, from what I have read... you seem to have a greedy personality. And I don't intending in saying that you are actually greedy. But you seem to think like a 'single cell organism'. In a way a bit self centered. And by that what is wrong about that is that you need to attune to the vibration of your environment. Smiley
BTCOP

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:19:58 PM

That's one big ass wall on Bitstamp! Feels like everyone is just standing at the bottom at the moment, looking up trying to figure out how to get over it? Well i've seen Game of Thrones and in my opinion we just need some big fuck of dragon to come in behind us and blow to fucking pieces!
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:29:57 PM

Also, who remembers the $1k Bitcoin party...

I do. Didn't last long though.

It wasn't the most fun for me as I was coming to realize I wasn't going to get my 50 coins back from Gox and I had <100 coins left.

Luckily 2014-5 gave me the opportunity to buy back many more than I lost.

This time I was much calmer. The day my Bitcoin stash was first worth over $1mCAD, I spent $1.2k on a new ultra-light powerful bass amp (bought with fiat) and had a few beverages.

I'm still gonna wait for the price to double a few more times before getting into my stash and making any real purchases. Anything under $10m is still just comfortable. I'd like to experience being rich before I get too old to enjoy it.

You don't need to disclose any further details or admit to anything; however, I am going to place you in the about 160BTC club (give or take 15 coins); therefore, having a $10million portfolio is going to require $62,500 value for bitcoins, and surely you do not need that much dough, as an old foggie to live comfortably.  

I am actually going to quibble with your target and suggest that anything in the $2million to $5million territory is going to be sufficient for you to start withdrawing some value - and surely you need not withdraw principle, because it is likely that anything you withdraw is going to be far and above your principle investment.  Therefore with a more splurgy investment, you could start withdrawing at $12,500, and the most conservative of the range, you would start withdrawing at $31k - which really I think is much too unnecessary, especially given your old foggie status.   Tongue

Hahahaha... that is called "unsolicited advice"... I concede that we all hate unsolicited advice.

Without disclosing exactly how many I have (your estimate is a bit off), I could have started spending some of my coins a while ago but since I'm still earning elsewhere, I'd rather keep acquiring more coins, albeit in much smaller amounts. Keeping busy helps keep you young and I learned long ago that prosperity comes in cycles.

When I was 20, my GF was the ex-wife of a brain surgeon so we lived pretty high off the hog. We had way too much spending money for kids our age.

After Uncle Sam decided I wasn't contributing enough to the American economy and suggested I leave of my own free will, I fell on tougher times back in Toronto. I moved into a cheap rooming house and scrambled to keep myself fed. Only stubbornness kept me from moving into my parents' home, collecting welfare, or getting a job. I scraped and hustled to earn any money I could and learned to live on almost nothing.

When I finally broke down and got a job I maintained my thriftiness. I kept spending to a minimum and earned extra money playing music at night while keeping up my day job.  I only bought things that were cheap enough to resell at a profit. I kept hustling any buck I could. Slowly I accumulated enough to finally quit employment for good and live completely off of music and hustles.

If a band broke up and my musical income was interrupted, I was back to scrounging to feed myself again. I still tell the story about how, after we'd eaten all the stale pasta with takeout squeeze-packet sauce, all we had was oatmeal. We had it with old brown sugar for breakfast, chicken bouillon cube porridge for lunch and Oxo porridge for dinner. Employment, welfare and panhandling were not options.

By the time I was in my 40s, I'd managed to acquire 3 properties in downtown Toronto while still maintaining dirt-cheap tenancy in an old house next to the train tracks. My 8 tenants paid my mortgages, taxes and maintenance costs, and gave me a good income as well. I slowly started falling into bad habits. I started to eat in restaurants and take taxicabs. I bought a trailer and kept a country place. I started living high off the hog again.

When prime minister Brian Mulroney "Cooled down the over-heated Canadian economy to wrestle inflation to the ground" everything changed again. My mortgage rates tripled, I had to lower my rents because of soaring unemployment and a collapsing local real estate market. My properties weren't worth what they were mortgaged for. Then I was involved as a passenger in a head-on highway collision.

Since I wasn't an employee and had no registered business, the insurance company gave me nothing. They offered me an insulting pittance for pain and suffering, but I refused it and retained a civil litigation lawyer. It took 2 years to see a penny. In the meantime I was unable to earn, confined to a wheelchair and crutches. The banks foreclosed on my mortgages and I was forced to declare bankruptcy.

Due to a precedent in an Ontario court in the 1920s, it was determined that the bankruptcy trustee couldn't touch any receivables from an auto accident settlement. Meanwhile the insurance company played hardball, not reaching a settlement until we'd already set a court date. I was forced to go on welfare, which paid for most of the cost of my rent. To subsist I was forced to sell some of my instruments and roll up my old nickels and pennies to buy cheap raw food. I ate a meal a day at a local soup kitchen. Then finally my lawyer called to say he'd received the minutes of settlement from the insurance company. I went and signed the papers and went straight to the trustee to declare bankruptcy. The next day, I went and picked up my settlement check, took it to the bank where it was written and got it certified, then went straight to my local bank branch and opened an account, withdrawing $5k in cash to pay off actual people I owed money to. I was a real person again.

Since then, I've done okay for myself but I'll always try to maintain my poverty buying habits. Never borrow. Buy only to earn, not to spend. Avoid banks. I'll try to maintain this attitude even if I become very wealthy.

This is why I'll keep holding, and buying the dips.

Dear Jimbo...

You need to address that issue!!! Karma is the force of the nature of the Universe and the ways that it is manifested or expressed. I might guide you, but first you need to do your research on the web about the ways of the karma. Smiley

By the way, from what I have read... you seem to have a greedy personality. And I don't intending in saying that you are actually greedy. But you seem to think like a 'single cell organism'. In a way a bit self centered. And by that what is wrong about that is that you need to attune to the vibration of your environment. Smiley

You shit posting donkey. Jimbo is the personification of Bitcoin. He's classy as fuck!
savetherainforest

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:49:13 PM

You shit posting donkey. Jimbo is the personification of Bitcoin. He's classy as fuck!

Bitcoin has nothing and everything to do with Karma.

For example probably if Jimbo didn't suffer so much, he would have probably never had the audacity to look around him and observe the impending presence of the future elephant(aka Bitcoin) in the room. Smiley

Also... Karma brought Bitcoin as a consequence of the actions of other people from the history of the world. The Universe feels when it is out of balance and needs to bend time, space and information of matter. Smiley
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:53:55 PM

For example probably if Jimbo didn't suffer so much, he would have probably never had the audacity to look around him and observe the impending presence of the future elephant(aka Bitcoin) in the room. Smiley

Also... Karma brought Bitcoin as a consequence of the actions of other people from the history of the world. The Universe feels when it is out of balance and needs to bend time, space and information of matter. Smiley

Karma is horse hockey. Have a string of bad luck yourself for a while, then talk to me about the feels of the universe.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Merit: 10432

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:55:21 PM

Monthly RSI at 94,1% today.

RSI has been higher on monthly only 3 times in BTC history:

* January to February 2013 - 95 to 96,8% max.
* November 2013 - 96,5% max.
* August 2017 - 94,5% max.

Each and very time after the RSI peaking a correction started.
In the very best case it was a 40% correction.

good luck with your having had sold your bitcoins.  We will see you in the $11,500 to $12,500 price arena in the near future.  Hopefully not crying too hard. 
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:55:49 PM

uk media gotten hold of this now . front page of the financial times and other newspapers. switched radio on and they're talking about bitcoin .this is definitely gentleman

It's on the front page of every paper I checked just now.

This is a new one -
CNBC

Bitcoin could lead kids into illegal activities like drug dealing, South Korean prime minister warns

They are reaching

If kids held BTC they wouldn't need to dabble in illegal activities to make money.
Dont be ridiculous - half of you are originally here due to illegal activities, and still do illegal things with your taxes.

What kind of fucking prude are you?   

I don't know how it would be relevant to be suggesting illegal and/or immoral activities of anyone participating in this thread (whether it is perhaps 5% 50% or 75%), unless you have some kind of clear, convincing and unequivocal evidence of such and/or are trying to build a case against these supposed persons that you suggest are engaging in either illegal or immoral activities, otherwise seems to be an inappropriate line of discussion or accusation or innuendo.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 10:57:07 PM

Monthly RSI at 94,1% today.

RSI has been higher on monthly only 3 times in BTC history:

* January to February 2013 - 95 to 96,8% max.
* November 2013 - 96,5% max.
* August 2017 - 94,5% max.

Each and very time after the RSI peaking a correction started.
In the very best case it was a 40% correction.

good luck with your having had sold your bitcoins.  We will see you in the $11,500 to $12,500 price arena in the near future.  Hopefully not crying too hard. 
savetherainforest

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:07:36 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2017, 11:27:16 PM by savetherainforest

Karma is horse hockey. Have a string of bad luck yourself for a while, then talk to me about the feels of the universe.

There is no such thing as 'good luck' or 'bad luck', there is just control of information or lack of information. Smiley
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:18:57 PM

Dear Jimbo...

LOL You haven't got a clue.

You come across as an arrogant self-absorbed twit. You're so full of yourself.

You dare talk about karma?  Roll Eyes Perhaps you should drop the pseudo-concerned schtick and actually think about your own karma. Take a look at yourself.

Do you actually have any friends in the real world?
____

Don't worry about me. I'm surrounded by a community of friends. I look after them and they look after me. I feel like I'm part of a small town in the middle of a big city. I can't walk the street without people greeting me.

I don't sweat those times (such as I described) when things don't go well because I know that somehow they'll turn out for the best in the end.

In my slightly verbose reply to JJG I was attempting to instill a sense of moderation in the midst of excessive enthusiasm over the impending $10k landmark.

I was stressing how lean times can come unexpectedly without doting unnecessarily on all the good times in between. I was pointing out the wisdom of conservative spending and self control.
___

Perhaps you shouldn't jump to conclusions about people you don't really know.

Cheers.

realsteelboy

Activity: 219
Merit: 23

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:30:38 PM

Now now lads, let's keep it friendly.  Cheesy

Just bought an android phone to sweep the BTG off of a paper wallet or two. Worked a treat.

More BTC for me.  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 18342 18343 18344 18345 18346 18347 18348 18349 18350 18351 18352 18353 18354 18355 18356 18357 18358 18359 18360 18361 18362 18363 18364 18365 18366 18367 18368 18369 18370 18371 18372 18373 18374 18375 18376 18377 18378 18379 18380 18381 18382 18383 18384 18385 18386 18387 18388 18389 18390 18391 [18392] 18393 18394 18395 18396 18397 18398 18399 18400 18401 18402 18403 18404 18405 18406 18407 18408 18409 18410 18411 18412 18413 18414 18415 18416 18417 18418 18419 18420 18421 18422 18423 18424 18425 18426 18427 18428 18429 18430 18431 18432 18433 18434 18435 18436 18437 18438 18439 18440 18441 18442 ... 33475 »
  Print  

Jump to: