April 26, 2024, 11:06:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 21409 21410 21411 21412 21413 21414 21415 21416 21417 21418 21419 21420 21421 21422 21423 21424 21425 21426 21427 21428 21429 21430 21431 21432 21433 21434 21435 21436 21437 21438 21439 21440 21441 21442 21443 21444 21445 21446 21447 21448 21449 21450 21451 21452 21453 21454 21455 21456 21457 21458 [21459] 21460 21461 21462 21463 21464 21465 21466 21467 21468 21469 21470 21471 21472 21473 21474 21475 21476 21477 21478 21479 21480 21481 21482 21483 21484 21485 21486 21487 21488 21489 21490 21491 21492 21493 21494 21495 21496 21497 21498 21499 21500 21501 21502 21503 21504 21505 21506 21507 21508 21509 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368121 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:39:54 AM

I'm so glad that Tim Berners-Lee is still around so we can all consult him on how best to use the Internet going forward.

It's vital that we adhere to "Tim's Original Vision", because there aren't any other smartpeopleTM around to think about it for themselves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:40:52 AM

What plans are there for block explorers and electrum wallets for the new forks? The SV and ABC websites only seem to offer qt wallets. I can't find anything for everyday people, only stuff for miners and full node hosters.

Hmm. I thought the core narrative was that everyone should run a fully-validating non-mining wallet (often mistakenly called 'full nodes'). No? Say it isn't so!
Not if the blocksize is out of control.

I think even Satoshi said somewhere that it's not realistic in the long term?
He did, and the size has grown some indeed, even after the temporary hard limit to 1 MB. But can you imagine blocksize varying with emerging consensus? It can go to the moon immediately when the big fish fancy kicking everybody else off the validating business.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:49:20 AM

Jihan exactly knows how much hashpower they do have in total.

::*ahem!*:: Speculation based solely upon allegations not yet entered into evidence. By what mechanism do you think Jihan knows their total hash power?

You trying to assert that miners don't know their own business and their own hashing capabilities?   They might not know exactly in a granular way, but they should have a pretty sense about how much hashpower they are using and how such hashing power is currently allocated and how much they can ramp up more hashpower if they need to (or want to) and how much they are ready, willing and able to divert from one project to another.

They might not know exactly what others have, but they likely have a better sense than folks who are not daily engaged in such mining business.  Most sophisticated miners are likely tracking the actual hashpower of their competitors and their allies (and comparing those trackings with claims that are made about hashpower capabilities).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 01:53:32 AM

Dr Craig S Wright @ProfFaustus
Well. In 2017 I said there was a MAJOR issue with SegWit.
In mid to late 2019, I will explain it.
It cannot be removed. It cannot be fixed. It is not solvable and, you cannot work around it.

I am not a man prone to violence, but when I see outright blatant lies like this, I really want to clock that fart-huffer square across his moisturized cheek-bone.

I take some solace in knowing this lunacy will likely come to some sort of conclusion, within the next 48-72 hours.

I doubt that we really know for sure how long the drama will play out.  Sure, it could dry up quickly, but it might not, too.  I would not be counting my chickens too soon.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:01:21 AM

Or "He ... still actually has a bunch of mining capacity hidden away somewhere."

Oh. Would you look at that. Turns out that he did.

Believe it when we see it.

How's 2/3 of the network - up from considerable minority days ago.

https://cash.coin.dance/blocks/today

Oh too late! You didn't close your eyes fast enough.

There is none so blind as he who refuses to see.

Yep.  There can be a flash of hashpower, and then a question whether the hashpower is sustainable, so even if you can answer questions of ready and able to deploy in the affirmative, you may not be able to answer the questions about willing to deploy until you see the hardfork actually occur.. .that is if such hardfork actually does take place. 

So, I am not going to treat a maybe and a perhaps as if it already has happened when it has not happened, yet.  You can also tell me that I am wrong.. blah blah blah... but that is just the way I roll in terms of not assigning 100% to events that might only be 75% or 85% or 95%, if we are going to give them some benefit of the doubt that they really are going to do what they say they are going to do.

yep.....looks like Craig Wright has gotten his way and will soon be in control of Bitcoin Cash after taking over more than 51% of the BCH network.

https://cash.coin.dance/blocks

this is not gonna end well..press wise...fud wise...nor crypto wise Sad

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:01:57 AM

So all of this crash was because 2 guys and some more are fighting on twitter over hash power? Ridiculous market.

Its the same impact as a president tweeting something about any company.

But there is a difference from 1 company and a whole international 24/7 market, isn't it? Plus these are supposed to be currencies. It's ridiculous.

It’s only ridiculous because we implemented all those Wall Street regulations to avoid market manipulation.

Who is the "we" that you talk about?

And what are all of the supposed "wall street regulations"?

Bitcoin is hardly regulated...

Of course, regulators try to make some kyc and aml requirements, and they are going to continue to try to make more and more regulations to fit round pegs in square holes, and they may even customize some regulations to bitcoin and to other cryptos and even ICOs.

So far the kyc and aml regs have to do with on and off ramping from fiat and through bank regulated exchanges... Hardly applicable to overall bitcoin claims, right?  No general regulatory body covering world wide, either. 

Are you trying to sugguest something more meaningful about what is going on in bitcoin and various sporadic regs than making vague references to an ongoing desire of various governments (and likely traditional financial institutions) to regulate that some people might have? 

But that would hardly qualify as a "we" would it?  Neither in kind of regulation nor amount of regulation.  What am I missing about your seemingly vague point?

Calm down Jay, it was a joke. No need to bring out the Great Wall of china.

We don't joke in this thread.

Wow.... Been awhile since you been around... go figure.    Roll Eyes
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:03:18 AM

Or "He ... still actually has a bunch of mining capacity hidden away somewhere."

You don’t like theymos much, do you? LOL

Relevance? Never met theymos, so I don't have any basis upon which to like or dislike him or her.

I was just pointing out that theymos' blanket statement was erroneous.

Anyone can control bitcoin if they have enough money and the desire to do it. But who is stupid enough and has that much money to throw away? hash power=money.

In my experience, stupid people rarely amass much money. Lacking knowledge of the contrary, I would venture to speculate that an incidence of a stupid person amassing enough money to steer a $100B market is unprecedented.

Just some of the things you’ve said in the past. Maybe I should change that to “agree with him” instead of like.

Yes, it’s almost impossible to control $100b market by purchasing btc directly. Hash power is a lesser figure. Still tons of money but not $100b.

Stupid people don’t amass much money? Have you heard of Donald Trump and Paris Hilton?

Both born into it. What's your point?

Bitcoin is easy to control.

SEC disapproval of Winklevoss ETF:

“The Winklevoss ETF proposal was rejected because the SEC found that the significant markets for Bitcoin tend to be unregulated overseas markets that are potentially subject to price manipulation.”

Who gives a ratt's ass what SEC finds or says or approves or disapproves?

I’m pretty sure the SEC cares and I know the Winkledouches care.

Yeah?  But who else?  Anyone that matters?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:12:06 AM

Believe it when we see it.

How's 2/3 of the network - up from considerable minority days ago.

https://cash.coin.dance/blocks/today

Oh too late! You didn't close your eyes fast enough.

There is none so blind as he who refuses to see.

Yep.  There can be a flash of hashpower, and then a question whether the hashpower is sustainable, so even if you can answer questions of ready and able to deploy in the affirmative, you may not be able to answer the questions about willing to deploy until you see the hardfork actually occur.. .that is if such hardfork actually does take place. 

So, I am not going to treat a maybe and a perhaps as if it already has happened when it has not happened, yet.  You can also tell me that I am wrong.. blah blah blah... but that is just the way I roll in terms of not assigning 100% to events that might only be 75% or 85% or 95%, if we are going to give them some benefit of the doubt that they really are going to do what they say they are going to do.

yep.....looks like Craig Wright has gotten his way and will soon be in control of Bitcoin Cash after taking over more than 51% of the BCH network.

https://cash.coin.dance/blocks

this is not gonna end well..press wise...fud wise...nor crypto wise Sad

I would NOT be presuming to know what is going to happen in terms of actual hash rate deployment, when push comes to shove and the rubber hits the road. just as bitserve asserted a few pages back.  The hash war has not even started yet. 

Miners are merely in a current game of posturing, but does not conclusively indicate that they can either employ or sustain the amount(s) of hash power that they are pre-fork posturing.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1790

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:20:32 AM

Absolute fucking lulz.

I have to imagine Roger Ver is literally in tears at this moment.

Babies are dying, etc...

Unless he really has BTC1MM (or whatever will be left after fighting ABC) and is actually insane enough to believe he can take on BTC i really don't see his end game. So Bitmain will unload their 1MM in bcashSV to him, and if we to believe that he already has 1MM in bcashSV that'll put him at over 2MM+ in bcashSV. A shitcoin with even less support than bcash and a ton of enemies WTF is he planning on doing with that?
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:27:01 AM

Absolute fucking lulz.

Babies are dying, etc...

Unless he really has BTC1MM (or whatever will be left after fighting ABC) and is actually insane enough to believe he can take on BTC i really don't see his end game. So Bitmain will unload their 1MM in bcashSV to him, and if we to believe that he already has 1MM in bcashSV that'll put him at over 2MM+ in bcashSV. A shitcoin with even less support than bcash and a ton of enemies WTF is he planning on doing with that?

His view is quite obv imo:

He builds a better product than the rest and therefore generates demand. If Reddit, Twitter or Bitcointalk like him or not won't be decisive for success or not.

Now you can obv disagree if the markets will agree with him or not or if he really will have a better product but you asked for his "plan" and here you go, that's his plan. 

itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:36:37 AM

If that idiot Faketoshi outwits the snake Jihan I will eat the hat from my avatar. Hate to admit it, but I'm cheering for the Bitmain swindler in these shitfork wars.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7968

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:46:27 AM

Absolute fucking lulz.

Babies are dying, etc...

He builds a better product than the rest and therefore generates demand. If Reddit, Twitter or Bitcointalk like him or not won't be decisive for success or not.

Now you can obv disagree if the markets will agree with him or not or if he really will have a better product but you asked for his "plan" and here you go, that's his plan. 

Step 1 pretend Satoshi, Step 2 buy big into fork while cheap step 3 use some of the personal funds to intimidate during fork, Step 4 control shitcoin and pretend it's new Bitcoin Step 5 be richer than at step 1

For faketoshi, I think it just comes down to this -

DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:47:02 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Absolute fucking lulz.

Babies are dying, etc...

Hmm so bcash needed those insane capital injections just to be at 7% after a yr. Even if he is so delusional, and believe that his product is so much better he must realize the resistance thats building up, the spam, the DDoS, pissing off a bunch of ABC devs etc... I mean he twitted himself that he'll have to dig into his BTC reserves just to take over 51% of bcash which is at 7% of BTC, he seems to be struggling to raise ~4% of BTC hash as is
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:54:41 AM

Absolute fucking lulz.

Babies are dying, etc...

Step 1 pretend Satoshi, Step 2 buy big into fork while cheap step 3 use some of the personal funds to intimidate during fork, Step 4 control shitcoin and pretend it's new Bitcoin Step 5 be richer than at step 1

Nah this power move is definitely costing him a lot! In fact since he pretty much controls every aspect of SV it doesn't even makes sense for him to keep the value of it up and let Bitmain cash out. It'll be cheaper for him to keep the miners running but let the price crash, not much goodwill left to be lost to justify propping the price
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4865

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 02:56:02 AM

What the fuck you talking about?  I did a quick glance at your post history, and it appears that you just discovered bitcoin recently.  You have a lot of alt coin distractions and bullshit in your history... so you  may have only recently become awaken to bitcoin, perhaps?   

Part of my point is that you can likely glance through my post history and realize that I am not an AI program.. .so your assertion seems both contrary to the posting evidence my own history, and perhaps your own inabilities to grasp certain kinds of content - hence your failure/refusal to read content and your proclamation that you are wiser because you don't read content while asserting that the content is not meaningful because you chose not to read it..  Get real, Hueristic.

Or should I say, Get a grip, Hueristic?

Not wise, my biggest mistake in life was not switching over 2 of the 6 systems I had crunching F@H on bitcoins launch like I had planned, and yes I've known about it since then.
chichidori
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:18:57 AM

Absolute fucking lulz.

Babies are dying, etc...

For faketoshi, I think it just comes down to this -

The dude does allegedly have a colossal fuckton of coinage is the only thing that really scares me, if it is some power trip and he has more Bitcoin than what he knows what do with it could be an issue. Especially if he is fine with exchanging it and spending it but not cashing out due to tax and tracking reasons.
If his going to do a power trip he should have done it when bitcoin price was on the high 19k, but the fact that his in control with such large amount is a bit scary.
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 04:45:34 AM

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. From Coinbase:

"On November 15, we will pause Bitcoin Cash (BCH) trading, including the ability to send and receive BCH, while monitoring the outcome of a planned hard fork."

In their blog, there's several Q&A things, several of the A's start with, "We cannot predict xxxx"
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:50:46 AM

Jihan exactly knows how much hashpower they do have in total.

::*ahem!*:: Speculation based solely upon allegations not yet entered into evidence. By what mechanism do you think Jihan knows their total hash power?

You trying to assert that miners don't know their own business and their own hashing capabilities? 

No. Do try to keep up.

I am saying that one miner is unlikely to know the hash power capabilities of another miner, should second such miner have hash power yet undeployed.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3422
Merit: 4342

View Profile
November 15, 2018, 04:56:06 AM

Haven't seen this mentioned yet. From Coinbase:

"On November 15, we will pause Bitcoin Cash (BCH) trading, including the ability to send and receive BCH, while monitoring the outcome of a planned hard fork."

All the major exchanges ''favors'' ABC not SV because;

If this were a “clean split,” the two coins would be separated through a technical trick called “replay protection.” Transactions on one chain are invalid on the other, so (regular) users would be affected as little as possible.

But this will not be a clean split. While Bitcoin ABC implemented replay protection, Bitcoin SV copied this “protection” to cancel it out.

As such, transactions will look identical on both chains. This means that a Bitcoin ABC transaction can be re-transmitted (“replayed”) on the Bitcoin SV chain, having users accidentally spend both. And the other way around: Bitcoin SV transactions can be replayed on Bitcoin ABC. When Ethereum Classic and Ethereum split without replay protection in 2016, this caused significant losses to unprepared exchanges, like Coinbase. Therefore, this time many exchanges and other service providers will halt withdrawals and/or deposits for some time

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/when-fork-forks-what-you-need-know-bitcoin-cash-goes-war/

Miners only lose money mining that shitcoin.

Enjoy the show  Kiss

blacky90

Activity: 384
Merit: 117

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2018, 05:08:49 AM

Is Craig Wright really satoshi nakamoto?
If so, he could send bitcoin price down to 1000usd Embarrassed

This is scary...
Pages: « 1 ... 21409 21410 21411 21412 21413 21414 21415 21416 21417 21418 21419 21420 21421 21422 21423 21424 21425 21426 21427 21428 21429 21430 21431 21432 21433 21434 21435 21436 21437 21438 21439 21440 21441 21442 21443 21444 21445 21446 21447 21448 21449 21450 21451 21452 21453 21454 21455 21456 21457 21458 [21459] 21460 21461 21462 21463 21464 21465 21466 21467 21468 21469 21470 21471 21472 21473 21474 21475 21476 21477 21478 21479 21480 21481 21482 21483 21484 21485 21486 21487 21488 21489 21490 21491 21492 21493 21494 21495 21496 21497 21498 21499 21500 21501 21502 21503 21504 21505 21506 21507 21508 21509 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: