May 11, 2024, 07:22:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24172 24173 24174 24175 24176 24177 24178 24179 24180 24181 24182 24183 24184 24185 24186 24187 24188 24189 24190 24191 24192 24193 24194 24195 24196 24197 24198 24199 24200 24201 24202 24203 24204 24205 24206 24207 24208 24209 24210 24211 24212 24213 24214 24215 24216 24217 24218 24219 24220 24221 [24222] 24223 24224 24225 24226 24227 24228 24229 24230 24231 24232 24233 24234 24235 24236 24237 24238 24239 24240 24241 24242 24243 24244 24245 24246 24247 24248 24249 24250 24251 24252 24253 24254 24255 24256 24257 24258 24259 24260 24261 24262 24263 24264 24265 24266 24267 24268 24269 24270 24271 24272 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381900 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 04:56:54 PM

Second one is definitely my style

No kidding !  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 04:59:32 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2)

How does that work ? To you digitally re-insert it, and snap into place as needed, or do you simply keep it in the glass as a memento ?

More sentimentality but you never know what technology will bring.

I'll dry it out in the sun and remember the days when I was not incontinent and even got the occasional erection.

I may even wedge it between my thighs every Christmas eve.
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2713

Farewell LEO: o_e_l_e_o

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 05:02:54 PM

BIG
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:05:42 PM

having 4 or 5 obedient 17 year old males around would be pretty dammed handy.

Ha! Haha! HahahhhaaaahhahahahahHahahaHaaaa!

Hoo, boy. That's rich.

Just got to raise them right, spare the rod and all that...says the non-parent  Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:14:35 PM

$4250

I sell land if that happens #forreal

The odds for below $4,250 seem pretty damned low, even though that was our breakout point.  How far below 40%?  Maybe 33%-ish? 

So, yeah Lindy effect and momentum suggest that we are more inclined towards UP rather than down, and even a break down to $7k would not really negate any BTC UP thesis.

Frequently, it can be difficult to assign probability values to various price directions and how far it is likely to go in one direction or another.

Recent times, I have heard from relatively credible Bitcoin proponents that we are likely to go to $8,500 or below before going back above our local yearly high ($13,880)...... so whether those predictions are reasonable or not, I still would wonder whether such a down correction to $8,500-ish would at this time would have a value greater than 60%, and surely if we were to go UP before DOWN, then the down before up thesis would not be completely negated, it would just need to be reassigned different values.. and likely there should be a bit of an assessment that buyers are just not sufficiently able to keep up with higher and higher prices.

Either way, we seem to be sitting pretty damned pretty with these ongoing supra $10k prices and with the passage of time, it seems quite likely that more and more buyers are catching up to this price.  No complaints from this cat.  Meow.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:21:12 PM

$6,790.  Just enough to make everyone poo their pants.  Then massive green dildo.  

Soooooo you are saying sell all your coins buy back at 6K and double the Corn??

[size=2pt.......]F*** I would never ever eveeeeer take a risk of selling and buying back cheaper, especially not when i'm able to gain corn with FIAT or poker[/size]

For most people it is not realistic or even a practical suggestion that they should be striving to accumulate bitcoin through poker or other gambling methods.  Yeah, that might work for some peeps, including yourself, but the vast majority of people are not served well when they engage in a gambling lifestyle or to rely on gambling tactics to earn an income.

In other words, those gambling strategies might work for you, but that is a suggestion that is contrary to other BTC accumulation and hodl suggestions that you seem to be suggesting.  So, yeah, to the extent that you are suggesting to just keep buying bitcoin that is a great idea, but the vast majority of peeps do not win money in gambling and cannot win money in gambling, even though that might be one of your personal eccentric specialities (purportedly).
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:24:54 PM

I like fake tits, botox, lip fillers & stuff like that.

ewwwww
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 05:26:42 PM

For most people it is not realistic or even a practical suggestion that they should be striving to accumulate bitcoin through poker or other gambling methods.  Yeah, that might work for some peeps, including yourself, but the vast majority of people are not served well when they engage in a gambling lifestyle or to rely on gambling tactics to earn an income.

In other words, those gambling strategies might work for you, but that is a suggestion that is contrary to other BTC accumulation and hodl suggestions that you seem to be suggesting.  So, yeah, to the extent that you are suggesting to just keep buying bitcoin that is a great idea, but the vast majority of peeps do not win money in gambling and cannot win money in gambling, even though that might be one of your personal eccentric specialities (purportedly).
I lost more than win in gambling. But sometimes it's f**king addictive.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:42:04 PM

probably my next mouse
Looks perfect for high volume shit posting on bitcointalk. JJG / V8 / Mic are you paying attention over here?

I will not rise to your flocculent trolling for one moment, young liberal colonial channeller that you are. Don't deflect your rampant rodent ignorance onto us immortals.
Where would this puny thread be without us and our fellow shitposters? Without our painstaking and fulsome analyses of DCA'ing and laddering? Without our {whatever it is I do}? Without our peepee shots?
These questions are rhetorical. An answer is not required.

I am not sure whether I follow the stringing together of these various thoughts, but I do agree with the idea that it helps to be able to witness a variety of perspectives in this thread, even if some of us might want to beat up on each other from time to time.. or even if we can figure out whether some of the peeps are genuine, if they are really peeps or if their ideas are somewhat consistent and understandable.

It is also interesting that this WO thread has evolved into a kind of "everyman" thread, and you get some peeps who chime in with suggestions that they have been following this thread for many years, and all of a sudden they will start to contribute or even to beat up on the trolls, shills and the misinformation dumbfucks - and no names need to be mentioned regarding the from time to time or even the persistent troll/shills - but there is a decent amount of pleasure to see that trolls and shills tend to be kept in a decent amount of check, here, as compared with some other places on the interwebs where it can frequently be quite difficult to sort through the misinformation bullshit.

By the way, I have also seen some people (mostly in other bitcoin-related threads) asserting that bitcoin's adoption is dying down and bitcoin just does not seem to be going anywhere in terms of the size of the community, but the actual evidence does not support those kinds of conclusions, so if anyone here is into bitcoin podcasts, some very quality bitcoin podcasts have come onto the scene - and sure there are shitty ones out there pumping altcoin bullshit, but we have a lot of good information sources out there, they don't really get paid for their content, and some of these great content sources have only come into bitcoin in recent times.. so we have OGs mixing with more newbies, and I have been noticing that some of the newbies really know their shit... and have figured out that bitcoin is the dog (aka king, aka not the tail).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 05:47:36 PM

For most people it is not realistic or even a practical suggestion that they should be striving to accumulate bitcoin through poker or other gambling methods.  Yeah, that might work for some peeps, including yourself, but the vast majority of people are not served well when they engage in a gambling lifestyle or to rely on gambling tactics to earn an income.

In other words, those gambling strategies might work for you, but that is a suggestion that is contrary to other BTC accumulation and hodl suggestions that you seem to be suggesting.  So, yeah, to the extent that you are suggesting to just keep buying bitcoin that is a great idea, but the vast majority of peeps do not win money in gambling and cannot win money in gambling, even though that might be one of your personal eccentric specialities (purportedly).
I lost more than win in gambling. But sometimes it's f**king addictive.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a total gambling prude, but we should realize that gambling is not a good strategy for the vast number of people, but they can have fun with gambling if they are able to employ it with a large amount of moderation and they don't attempt to build their investment strategy around any kind of gambling approach.

Winning strategies tend to be a bit slower, more monotonous, but more assured of long term profits.. Frequently, if guys employ a gambling strategy (or approach), then they will always say that they will stop once they achieve x, but they frequently will continue to be tempted to try x+1 and then x+2 and then x+3, and at some point, the odds catch up and they are worse off than if they had merely employed a non-gambling approach from the get go, and then just continued to employ the non-gambling approach - with maybe only a small amount of side money that might be used as gambling/fun money.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 06:01:29 PM

High & Tight Flag?
https://twitter.com/Pladizow/status/1147505429150359558
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 06:23:48 PM

Don't get me wrong, I am not a total gambling prude, but we should realize that gambling is not a good strategy for the vast number of people, but they can have fun with gambling if they are able to employ it with a large amount of moderation and they don't attempt to build their investment strategy around any kind of gambling approach.

Winning strategies tend to be a bit slower, more monotonous, but more assured of long term profits.. Frequently, if guys employ a gambling strategy (or approach), then they will always say that they will stop once they achieve x, but they frequently will continue to be tempted to try x+1 and then x+2 and then x+3, and at some point, the odds catch up and they are worse off than if they had merely employed a non-gambling approach from the get go, and then just continued to employ the non-gambling approach - with maybe only a small amount of side money that might be used as gambling/fun money.
Gambling is not my investment strategy (I hope it would but I can't control my greed when I gamble, I fall for odds). It's an entertainment but I have to admit that I have lost a lot in gambling which cost me to lose my BTC too.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:25:05 PM

ladder style

I won't be able to mention ladders (in the JJG/Jbreher sense) without secretly or openly laughing at the memory of Globb0's words - brainwashed ladder drone. Which reminds me, I really owe an sMerit there, and now I have one, so I'll comply.

I don't recall the significance of such a comment.  Maybe I missed it?

I think that laddering could be an attempt to remove a lot of the thinking - and I have said that many times in terms of the execution remaining bot-like, yet the bot does not program nor tweak itself, so there could be too much modesty or even misrepresentation(s) to conclude that no thinking is involved.

Also, I have frequently suggested that people who employ ladders should attempt to find a kind of balancing that works for their own circumstances and views, so in that regard, there should be few ladderings that look exactly alike except through a kind of happenstance that several peeps might reach similar conclusions that cause them to be setting their trading intervals and/or even their amounts similarly.

Another individualistic question would be to determine whether you are employing your ladder in a BTC accumulation phase, maintenance phase, or if you are engaging in a kind of short or long term liquidation phase.  None of these phases would be absolutes, and for me personally, I considered myself in heavy accumulation in 2014, and a lighter form of accumulation in 2015.  By the time we reached 2016 and 2017, I had considered myself to be mostly in maintenance which seems to continue to be my phase, and tentatively, I am expecting variations of my liquidation phases to begin in a few years, and mostly my thoughts of leaning more towards liquidation is because of my own age and life expectation considerations, rather than due to where bitcoin is at exactly, and surely it is helpful for my own thinking that my BTC accumulation and maintenance has been able to run for a while, and such running of accumulation and maintenance phases causes the likely upcoming liquidation phase to play out with a lot more comfort and ability to give less thought or rethinking regarding whether I am doing the right thing, for myself...

In other words, I tailor to myself and don't give too many ratt's asses about what bitcoin is doing or what other peeps might think.... yet it seems that participating in a forum like this has allowed for an ongoing brainstorming about my strategy, and surely I have learned a lot along the way in terms of the strategy that I attempt to employ and various ways that I attempt to describe my strategy in order that other peeps can pick and choose the extent that they might apply parts of my strategies or thinking to their own approach.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:39:35 PM

If you're 99% certain that the price will go significantly down from now, in the next few months, why not sell some of your stash, and keep that fiat to buy more later ? The risk is minimal when the price is high like right now.

Who the fuck is going to be 99% confident about anything?  If you are 70% confident in bitcoin, then that is pretty fucking strong, and frequently people who are greater than 70% confident are likely setting themselves up for disappointment, especially in the short term.

I know many here talk about buying BTC regularly, but personally I don't earn enough fiat to invest significantly in BTC. I must already invest more than 20% of my salary in my "401K" (because my employer doubles it, and it's a sound investment), so after that, not much is left.

Regarding 401ks and other traditional investments, it is likely going to remain prudent to invest at least as much as the employers matching amount, and sometimes it could be prudent to also invest in some kinds of funds that allow you tax deferral.

Yet, bitcoin is a bit of a different animal, and so there could be a considerable amount of dilemma if anyone is running out of money by "maxing" out their 401ks in terms of at least getting the matching funds, so then a question might be whether a  person has additional funds that can be reasonably and prudently invested into bitcoin, which will vary from person to person, and one of the problems is that bitcoin might be creating some confusion about whether it could be even a better investment than getting matching funds - especially in terms of the benefits of being able to increase control over wealth.  Tough choices that individuals have to make without any answers that are necessarily correct for all persons.

Part of the reason that building wealth can take a whole hell of a long time, is that the vast majority of young people won't necessarily have been able to build up their wealth or have received wealth from parents or even have been able to get into a decent job that has even a 401k plan with matching funds.  Knowing about bitcoin and having that option should be good for a lot of young people whether they have other options or not, yet I am frequently concerned when anyone, wether young or not, attempt to rush their path to richness, even while there might be ways that even young people with no assets, might be able to hedge a little more into a risky asset and become rich a lot faster than traditional paths, and bitcoin is likely going to continue to serve as one of those possible vehicles that allows an amount of value appreciation that is greater than other traditional investment avenues.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:42:35 PM

Many shorters burned this year

I clicked some thread the other day about a guy that lost his life savings attempting to short Dashcoin when it was artificially rigged upwards in that pump and dump Roger Ver was involved in.  He kept piling on more and more as the trade went against him.  I almost shorted the hell out of that thing too from being so stupidly overpriced.  I actually know how to manage risk, but still would have lost a bunch.  Glad I didn't.  Morale of the story:  never short fake, rigged markets (aka bitcoin and all other digital scamcoins).

Decent point about the risk of shorting, and even can apply to bitcoin as well like you suggested, even though bitcoin is not a scam coin and you are misleading when you are lumping your ideas like that without properly differentiating bitcoin.
BitcoinGirl.Club
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 06:45:35 PM

Anyone is using Tor? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5162429.0
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2940

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 06:49:09 PM

I’m 33, been with my girl for 11 years. We’re not married but I can’t see myself with anybody else. If for some awful reason something happened I’d probably go for a little older.

I like somebody who can look after me, obviously they’d have to be hot though. I like fake tits, botox, lip fillers & stuff like that.

LOL. Me too dude, me too. I just don't really care for the emotional baggage that often comes with that sort of thing. Usually there's a backstory... Well, lets face it, all women of a certain age have backstories, but only some can afford fake tits and botox.

But with regards to your first part, good on you dude. Stick with it. I've only been with my g.f. for a year and a few months but she's already pissed we're not married yet (its a Philippines thing). Taking my sweet time for the moment.

Maybe when 1 signature campaign payment = 1 engagement ring, things will change in her favor.

Finally on topic! All this bitcoin chatter is distracting.

With a few exceptions, I've always dated younger girls. I've had my modest share of milfs, but I'm under par in that department - at least if I compare myself to my friends. I too like youth (within decency, as nutildah rightly put it). I can be flexible about physical age, and I have been, but my issue with older women is emotional, not only physical.

Most mature women (and I mean around 35 and up, but sometimes even before!) really have no clue about relationships. Rather than living it up while the gas lasts, they keep throwing their emotional baggage, scars, and past experiences in the face of their new acquaintances, as if the new guys had to atone for the alleged jerks they met. Jerks they were happy to marry and have children with in most cases, by the way. I don't doubt those guys were "bad" each in his own way - I am no saint myself. But puh-leeze...

All these women seem to want to do is wilt and dry up alone. Or are they waiting for, say, George Clooney to take them to his castle in the clouds? The rich and famous have access to an army of fresh pussy these candidate cat ladies can't even start to imagine. George Clooney would probably have a taste of your DAUGHTER, ma'am. Provided she's hot enough, I mean.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2434

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 06:50:51 PM

Those transgender freaks are absolutely disgusting. (both)

If you want milfs check this one (43 yo), my favorite:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1183509/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm
makrospex

Activity: 728
Merit: 317

nothing to see here

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:09:23 PM

Those transgender freaks are absolutely disgusting. (both)

If you want milfs check this one (43 yo), my favorite:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1183509/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

And a good example for plastic surgery and/or photoshopped portrait pics  Grin
But sex is preserving the beauty, they say.
I can second that, because after four kids with the same woman, sex becomes pretty rare, and that was when i started to look older faster (and the misses too)... Roll Eyes
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2940

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:15:06 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2019, 07:27:19 PM by d_eddie
Merited by wwzsocki (1)

ladder style

I won't be able to mention ladders (in the JJG/Jbreher sense) without secretly or openly laughing at the memory of Globb0's words - brainwashed ladder drone. Which reminds me, I really owe an sMerit there, and now I have one, so I'll comply.

I don't recall the significance of such a comment.  Maybe I missed it?

Here it is. Oops, I'm laughing again.

By the way, I checked in with my mom in regards to some of her BTC details a few days ago, and I was surprised in a few regards.

She is actually one of the few peeps who actually did something that is in the neighborhood of what I suggested, and that was to at least put some money into BTC and to dollar cost average and to only sell small amounts on the way up in order to be prepared for further possible UP.

So, she largely has been following my suggestions, but her revelations to me a few days ago, showed me that peeps are going to do what they are going to do, and peeps got their own minds and they are going to experiment to some degree.  

-snip-

You brainwashed your mum!

Fuck. She will be rich but she can never enjoy it now she is a ladder drone.   Cheesy
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I never really sold any btc, except for the occasional, insignificant, small expense. I've always replaced the spent corn asap, and often at a lower price too  Cool Which means I'm basically still in DCA accumulation phase, albeit with irregular frequency, when there is excess fiat that begs promotion to 'real money' status (btc).

Your ladder concept, however, works very well for me in trading atm. I just extended the concept so I have 2 parallel ladders, one going up (long) and one going down (short). I do tweak a lot, especially to get out of trouble during stormy weather, so I often cut both ladders when I'm in the green and I feel the exposition is making me sweat too much.

Now is such a time. I would be happy to be left flat or with only the long open, but I would like a much lower entry point, so I'm still dancing on two ladders until the corn either makes my long side shine (I'll happily close both ladders, possibly after enlarging the short to match the long) or takes a small nosedive (I'll cash out the short and increase the long a bit, averaging down).
Pages: « 1 ... 24172 24173 24174 24175 24176 24177 24178 24179 24180 24181 24182 24183 24184 24185 24186 24187 24188 24189 24190 24191 24192 24193 24194 24195 24196 24197 24198 24199 24200 24201 24202 24203 24204 24205 24206 24207 24208 24209 24210 24211 24212 24213 24214 24215 24216 24217 24218 24219 24220 24221 [24222] 24223 24224 24225 24226 24227 24228 24229 24230 24231 24232 24233 24234 24235 24236 24237 24238 24239 24240 24241 24242 24243 24244 24245 24246 24247 24248 24249 24250 24251 24252 24253 24254 24255 24256 24257 24258 24259 24260 24261 24262 24263 24264 24265 24266 24267 24268 24269 24270 24271 24272 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: