April 19, 2024, 07:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24447 24448 24449 24450 24451 24452 24453 24454 24455 24456 24457 24458 24459 24460 24461 24462 24463 24464 24465 24466 24467 24468 24469 24470 24471 24472 24473 24474 24475 24476 24477 24478 24479 24480 24481 24482 24483 24484 24485 24486 24487 24488 24489 24490 24491 24492 24493 24494 24495 24496 [24497] 24498 24499 24500 24501 24502 24503 24504 24505 24506 24507 24508 24509 24510 24511 24512 24513 24514 24515 24516 24517 24518 24519 24520 24521 24522 24523 24524 24525 24526 24527 24528 24529 24530 24531 24532 24533 24534 24535 24536 24537 24538 24539 24540 24541 24542 24543 24544 24545 24546 24547 ... 33281 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364466 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 06:28:55 PM

mindrust is overly bearish in my opinion. We've had enough of those dumps and "last down before up" theories. It's very unlikely we're going back into 4 digits.  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2407

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:34:00 PM

mindrust is overly bearish in my opinion. We've had enough of those dumps and "last down before up" theories. It's very unlikely we're going back into 4 digits.  Cool

You call that bearish? If was bearish, I would name $1k.

When that triangle gets broken, it will make a huge move. That move %80+ is going to be upwards. Why? Because that's a bull market. The small possibility is that it will be downwards to $7.5k just to build up more strength for the next upwards move.

Calm down, we'll get there. Not in a week though.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:39:39 PM

By the way, even though you are using coinbase in your charts, which seem a little anathema in this thread, but let's just presume, for the sake of argument, that your coinbase numbers and lines on a chart are very similar to those that would be drawn with the use of our beloved bitstamp.

The Coinbase chart is %99.9 identical to the bitstamp chart. I don't see a problem. Maybe I am blind. Changing back and forth, it is the exact same chart.

Why you fighting it?

Use bitstamp.. .. it be called "ease of reference."

Furthermore, there are more important things to battle about.... no...?

Also, as a little side glance regarding coinbase:  I am pretty confident that even though most of the time coinbase is in line with bitstamp, it is not bitstamp nor the same as bitstamp in terms of its actual track record in respect to bitcoin..   In that regard, coinbase has been accused of some pretty BIG ASS heavy shenanigans in terms of forgetting who brought it to the dance, as well as manipulating its launching of the trading of bcash (December 2017), likely to the attempted detriment of our best lil fiend, bitcoin.
mindrust
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:43:17 PM

I am not saying coinbase is a good exchange dawg it is just a chart. I know that bald guy is in bed with Roger.

It is just when i type "btc" into the search bar, it is the first result bruh. Don't make it a big deal.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:49:36 PM

When that triangle gets broken, it will make a huge move. That move %80+ is going to be upwards. Why? Because that's a bull market. The small possibility is that it will be downwards to $7.5k just to build up more strength for the next upwards move.

Those seem to be reasonable numbers to the extent that I understand what you are talking about.  There is a bit of a tension in your numbers... you seem to be giving a decent amount of attention to down, but then only assigning reaching below $7.5k to 20% or less.  Am I confused or what?

I mean, even if I were to assign slightly higher odds towards our lil fiend breaking upwards first, 80% plus seems to be quite high odds, but if you really were to believe that the odds of UP were that great (80% plus), then why would we be giving much, if any attention, at this time, to odds of down that would presumably be less than 20%?

I would think that the odds for reaching $7.5k in this correction to be a bit greater than 20%, maybe even approaching 40%-ish, but if we are actually talking about going to the $3,122 price arena, then the odds of going to that or below that might more reasonably be described in the less than 20% arena.

Anyhow, I find your numbers a bit confusing, and also if true your desire to focus on what you consider to be low probability events.  To attempt at better consistency, either you have to change your focus or change your numbers... hahahahahha   Tongue Tongue Tongue
bkbirge

Activity: 1197
Merit: 482

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:50:23 PM

One time this security guard warned me against drinking GSM gin, he said sometimes people literally don't wake up the next day after drinking it, but I'm still here, so...

I only drink the finest Dominican Republic brewed methanol.

mindrust
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:53:52 PM

Those seem to be reasonable numbers to the extent that I understand what you are talking about.  There is a bit of a tension in your numbers... you seem to be giving a decent amount of attention to down, but then only assigning reaching below $7.5k to 20% or less.  Am I confused or what?

I mean, even if I were to assign slightly higher odds towards our lil fiend breaking upwards first, 80% plus seems to be quite high odds, but if you really were to believe that the odds of UP were that great (80% plus), then why would we be giving much, if any attention, at this time, to odds of down that would presumably be less than 20%?

I would think that the odds for reaching $7.5k in this correction to be a bit greater than 20%, maybe even approaching 40%-ish, but if we are actually talking about going to the $3,122 price arena, then the odds of going to that or below that might more reasonably be described in the less than 20% arena.

Anyhow, I find your numbers a bit confusing, and also if true your desire to focus on what you consider to be low probability events.  To attempt at better consistency, either you have to change your focus or change your numbers... hahahahahha   Tongue Tongue Tongue

Let's make this %50.

It is either going to go up, or down. It is pointless to say %20, 40 ,80 or whatever. %20 is just what I pulled out of my ass.  Grin Why? Because I want it to go up.  Grin If it goes down, I won't cry like a baby, I'll just buy more.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:56:09 PM

I am not saying coinbase is a good exchange dawg it is just a chart. I know that bald guy is in bed with Roger.

It is just when i type "btc" into the search bar, it is the first result bruh. Don't make it a big deal.

I am just saying what we do in these here parts in terms of having a bitstamp preference... whether you consider that a BIG deal or not is up to you.... I am not going to be shy about continuing to suggest that you or any others use bitstamp, and surely many of the posters here will just use bitstamp as  a courtesy...

Of course, if you find some chart using another exchange and you are not really able to replicate it (I certainly have not been in the practice of customizing charts nor memes either... I just try to find the one that best fits whatever point I am attempting to make), then you should use whatever you have and maybe mention from where you got it... inferior as that might be.. hahahahahaha

Of course, there are several rebels including your buddy jbreher who just wuvs himselfie some coinbase.... hahahaha and of course there are others who are all over the place in regards to their use of various exchanges, besides bitstamp.. and even adamant about their supposed rebel status.. maybe you want to join those ranks of non-cooperators? 
mindrust
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:00:50 PM

I am just saying what we do in these here parts in terms of having a bitstamp preference... whether you consider that a BIG deal or not is up to you.... I am not going to be shy about continuing to suggest that you or any others use bitstamp, and surely many of the posters here will just use bitstamp as  a courtesy...

Of course, if you find some chart using another exchange and you are not really able to replicate it (I certainly have not been in the practice of customizing charts nor memes either... I just try to find the one that best fits whatever point I am attempting to make), then you should use whatever you have and maybe mention from where you got it... inferior as that might be.. hahahahahaha

Of course, there are several rebels including your buddy jbreher who just wuvs himselfie some coinbase.... hahahaha and of course there are others who are all over the place in regards to their use of various exchanges, besides bitstamp.. and even adamant about their supposed rebel status.. maybe you want to join those ranks of non-cooperators?  

jbear my buddy? Who the fuck is he? Must have ignored him years ago.

I think you don't know me well enuff JJ-G.
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 07:04:24 PM

Those seem to be reasonable numbers to the extent that I understand what you are talking about.  There is a bit of a tension in your numbers... you seem to be giving a decent amount of attention to down, but then only assigning reaching below $7.5k to 20% or less.  Am I confused or what?

Anyhow, I find your numbers a bit confusing, and also if true your desire to focus on what you consider to be low probability events.  To attempt at better consistency, either you have to change your focus or change your numbers... hahahahahha   Tongue Tongue Tongue

Let's make this %50.

It is either going to go up, or down. It is pointless to say %20, 40 ,80 or whatever. %20 is just what I pulled out of my ass.  Grin Why? Because I want it to go up.  Grin If it goes down, I won't cry like a baby, I'll just buy more.

I think what JJG is trying to say (and I agree on this) is that I mean if it's 50:50 then why do you only describe the down scenario here? To be fair you should also speculate on the up scenario just to stay objective and not scare the shit out of the noobs and weak hands...  Cool  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:07:09 PM

Let's make this %50.

Now you are speaking some truth... you and your bald exec at coinbase... hahahahaha

You gotta admit that there is a difference between 50% and 20%, and it is not meaningless to throw out those kinds of numbers willy nilly.

I do the same.  I attempt to approximate what I think, but jeez I am not going to assert that there is not much if any difference between saying 55% and saying 80%.

If I ever had an 80% confidence in any short term BTC price direction, I would have pretty strong feelings to take some meaningful measures to tweak my strategies and my holdings in that direction.... Sometimes I will feel quite strongly about a short term direction, but maybe I get into the 60% or 65% arena of "strong" feelings, but those levels of conviction do not usually cause me to tweak in any kind of meaningful way.

For example, I have a theory that chances are pretty fucking good that when BTC prices significantly go above $17.5k and stay there (I am talking bitstamp brah), then there is a pretty strong likelihood that that BTC prices are going to pass to nearly $24k without any real or meaningfully strong resistance.   I am still too damned chickenshit to change my pattern of trading in that whole price range because even though I consider my confidence to be pretty damned strong, I would still only characterize such strength of my confidence to be in the 60% to 65% arena.

Anyhow, part of my point is attempting to assert that I continue to consider 80%, or the inverse, 20% to be pretty damned strong conviction levels, especially short term.
mindrust
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:07:17 PM

Let's make this %50.

I think what JJG is trying to say (and I agree on this) is that I mean if it's 50:50 then why do you only describe the down scenario here? To be fair you should also speculate on the up scenario just to stay objective and not scare the shit out of the noobs and weak hands...  Cool  

Dude you are so emotional about my guesses. I told you before.

If you feel depressed by any down scenarios, even though the major trend is bullish, it means you are too deep in bitcoin.

We'll get there. Hang on.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:09:35 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The point is that we have a standard datum of reference on the thread.
mindrust
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:13:42 PM

The point is that we have a standard datum of reference on the thread.

Who decided that?

Alright, alright, I'll not be using coinbase anymore. Can't promise on bitstamp though.  Grin I heard Bitfinex is cool  Grin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:17:03 PM

I am just saying what we do in these here parts in terms of having a bitstamp preference... whether you consider that a BIG deal or not is up to you.... I am not going to be shy about continuing to suggest that you or any others use bitstamp, and surely many of the posters here will just use bitstamp as  a courtesy...

jbear my buddy? Who the fuck is he? Must have ignored him years ago.

I think you don't know me well enuff JJ-G.

How are we supposed to really know peeps on the interwebs?  Maybe I am just trying to ruffle your feathers, and I suppose if I were to argue that the two of you must have the same handler, then I might get both of you aligning to draw and quarter me.  You know that jbreher got pretty worked up when some of us (well partly emphasized by me) continued to refer to him as a govt agent... hahahahahaha

Anyhow, point is that we should not get too worked up if we are not known too well by others on the interwebs and sometimes allegiances are tested. 

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:23:34 PM

[edited out]

I believe that I was saying something slightly different, but I agree with your statement too, serveria.  If something is 50/50, then it still might be o.k. to just talk about one side, but to disclose that you believe it is 50/50.  However, it is worse if you believe something is only 20% odds, but then you neither disclose that you believe it is 20% odds, while you talk about it as if you believe the odds were greater than 20%.

I give two shits about whether noobs or weak hands are scared, especially if you are actually discussing something in a way that you really believe.  It is good to put out there information of either the plus or the minus or the fears that you might have as long as you really are attempting to characterize your information and your emotions and your fears accurately.  

I would not conclude that mindrust is engaging in any kind of bad faith, but I will assert that some of what he had been saying seemed to had been a bit internally contradictory... but I don't think that he was doing it on purpose (at least mostly not).   Currently, I believe that through several of his further explanatory posts he has cleared up quite a bit of what he had been saying.  Not completely, but who needs complete clarification, anyhow?  We are all BIG boys and girl and we should be able to come to our own various conclusions.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:28:26 PM

Australian Government to declare war on its people, taking steps to make cash, (gold?) crypto currency illegal through IMF influenced legislation.
Paying someone to vote for me has nothing to do with democracy, its a farce.
https://youtu.be/770M2s6ZD8Y
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4303

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:41:56 PM

Who decided that?

This was all hammered out and ratified in the Vegas accords in 2014, I can dig up the minutes if you want.
serveria.com
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 08:06:04 PM

Let's make this %50.

Dude you are so emotional about my guesses. I told you before.

If you feel depressed by any down scenarios, even though the major trend is bullish, it means you are too deep in bitcoin.

We'll get there. Hang on.

Dude I've been HODLing since 2011 nothing can make me feel depressed anymore. I've seen it all. I'm freaking invincible. Grin 
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 08:06:47 PM

Yeah, I dunno. What do the last three paragraphs have to do with Blockstream having large mining power?

Dude.

I am reduced to handing out credit for the simple lack of glaring errors in spelling or syntax.  I don't like it any better than you do.

Whatta world we live in, eh?
Pages: « 1 ... 24447 24448 24449 24450 24451 24452 24453 24454 24455 24456 24457 24458 24459 24460 24461 24462 24463 24464 24465 24466 24467 24468 24469 24470 24471 24472 24473 24474 24475 24476 24477 24478 24479 24480 24481 24482 24483 24484 24485 24486 24487 24488 24489 24490 24491 24492 24493 24494 24495 24496 [24497] 24498 24499 24500 24501 24502 24503 24504 24505 24506 24507 24508 24509 24510 24511 24512 24513 24514 24515 24516 24517 24518 24519 24520 24521 24522 24523 24524 24525 24526 24527 24528 24529 24530 24531 24532 24533 24534 24535 24536 24537 24538 24539 24540 24541 24542 24543 24544 24545 24546 24547 ... 33281 »
  Print  

Jump to: