May 04, 2024, 12:53:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 25016 25017 25018 25019 25020 25021 25022 25023 25024 25025 25026 25027 25028 25029 25030 25031 25032 25033 25034 25035 25036 25037 25038 25039 25040 25041 25042 25043 25044 25045 25046 25047 25048 25049 25050 25051 25052 25053 25054 25055 25056 25057 25058 25059 25060 25061 25062 25063 25064 25065 [25066] 25067 25068 25069 25070 25071 25072 25073 25074 25075 25076 25077 25078 25079 25080 25081 25082 25083 25084 25085 25086 25087 25088 25089 25090 25091 25092 25093 25094 25095 25096 25097 25098 25099 25100 25101 25102 25103 25104 25105 25106 25107 25108 25109 25110 25111 25112 25113 25114 25115 25116 ... 33322 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371940 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 04:20:30 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2019, 06:51:30 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by JSRAW (1)

I'm used to be ignored. I was expelled from my country, i mean from the bigest crypto prediction thread in my country because i said that btc will bottom between 3.100 and 3.200 usd (it's still written on that site) and after it really bottomed there i was pissed off because nobody cared and i talked about this many times.
So they threw me out but after some time at crucial btc times they asked me to come back just to tell my btc price opinion.

I thought that you used to be a fairly decent fellow, and sufficiently easy enough to get along with.

You must have fallen on your head during your absence, and now you are obsessed with how supposedly wonderful you have become (and thinking that you have always been so wonderful   Roll Eyes   Roll Eyes  )  Go figure.   Tongue

So they threw me out...

How do I give them merit?

You can't but i can give you merit, because you are one example for my theory that majority of people are like that, no matter which country or forum.
They also have thread about btc price prediction but they don't like if you are talking too much about the charts and price. They rather have memes, jokes and other unimportant things which are not related to the price prediction. They kicked me out, which i had the most charts and price predictions. But they didn't kick out any trolls. They rather have a good laugh with a bad trades than a serious thread.

Every thread needs someone as wonderful, competent, on topic and always right, such as yourself.  If we were not sure, we should just ask you in order to get confirmation.  You are like medicine, and for our own good.  Cry

Nope, i don't think i'm wonderfull. I'm one of the most self-criticising persons in the real life. You have the same thinking like other people from my country that kicked me out. You got it all wrong.

I am just reading what you posted.  I have no agenda beyond that.  Don't even know you beyond your various posts that seem to have gone off of the deep end recently... at least in terms of their seeming presumptive patronizismness.

I was pissed off not because of my trading recognition but because i couldn't help any of you.

There is no need to attempt to save any of us.  We are responsible for ourselves.  You look out for yourself, and each of us looks after ourselves and everything should sufficiently work itself out in a kind of free agent kind of way.

Well maybe somebody bought, i don't know.

Of course, my system, for example is already set to buy at set increments that I tweak from time to time.  I do not not make any additional efforts to time the market or any of that because I have a system that I follow that involves buying as the BTC price goes down and selling as it goes up.

Yes the comments can show if somebody bought. I didn't see that.

Why is there any necessity for anyone to show that they bought?  Makes little to no sense?  We don't have to prove ourselves to anyone or to compete to show how smart we are or how much more of a bull we are than other people.  It does not matter one bit.  People should be tailoring their buying, selling or whatever the fuck they do to their own selfies and also to post whatever the fuck they want,  or not to post, if they so choose.

In my country i always tried to help and i warned several times at the important times.

Yeah, and people probably said to mind your own fucking business.  Have you ever heard about keeping your nose out of the business of other people and treating people like adults by letting them make their own decisions?

Didn't get any money or like for that.

I can see why.  The vast majority of people do not like to interact with a busy body or to receive unsolicited advice.

Because majority of others thought i'm narcissistic i changed nickname and i didn't care about recognition of my previous nickname.

What was your previous nickname?  Are you talking about in this forum or some other places?

Didn't get any like or money, i was doing this because i feel good if i could help someone.

Well, if whatever you are doing makes you feel good, then why the fuck is it necessary that you receive any like or money from others for that?  Shouldn't it be sufficiently satisfying for you that you are doing what you want to do?

Just reading some post history from SuperTA and starting to suspect this account may have been sold.  I don't see the obvious English grammar mistakes after some pages back.

Yep.. Seems to be a significant personality change in recent times, so either a sold account or a taken over (hacked) account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 04:39:40 AM

I went on a trip on friday for work and the price was 7450, I return today and there is a green dildo until 10,350 Cool, now in 9,1K.

I'm fine with this, little by little we are doing the way.

Surely a pleasant surprise, I am sure.   Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 05:27:52 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2019, 05:47:20 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Majormax (1)

...Long way off as in 1 year?  That's fine.  We can deal with it.  Or long way off like 2-3 years?  That does not seem too likely.

Seems that once we are approaching 2 years, especially 2 years from right now, we are going to be long into ATHs and maybe even we might be at the end of this particular bull cycle by then.  Perhaps?  Perhaps?  Perhaps we might get a bit front runned this time, who knows?  Time will tell, and these little periods of overexcited and irrational exuberance surely shows both the power of king daddy and also that we are in early days and experiencing a bit of an underlying battle... that sometimes us mere mortal regular people just have to have enough ability and foresight to HODL through such tramas and maybe even figure out ways to skim a little profits off of the nearly inbred likelihood that we are going to have ongoing volatility including sometimes extreme short period outbursts.  .....

Yes, that is around the sort of timescale I had in mind. I am really just helping to manage expectations so that ppl are not too disappointed.

Firstly, we have accepted that BTC can behave anyway at all, but then it's pointless trying to make some sense of a chart. The WO board is purposeless if everyone is just hodling for ever.

Of course, to the extent that we are not either bots or shill/trolls, we are individuals with varying approaches to the matter, and each person is responsible for his/her own trading behavior.  There is almost no way that a vast majority of peeps here are following some kind of unified strategy or that a large number of us have false expectations, as you seem to want to continue to argue and continue to strive towards attempting to save us from our lil selfies.

I am saying that IF BTC were a stock/commodity/price in the standard investing world, then the price chart/fractals/shapes are saying x y and z. This actually seems to work for 90% of the time , but very occasionally, at extended time intervals, there is a sudden supra-normal move.

That's fair enough, but why should you NOT believe that the vast majority us (especially the regulars, and likely even the newbies to this thread) already realize those kinds of BTC price dynamic possibilities, including aberrations like you suggest?

The recent exceptional spike has pointed out resistance at 10.5k,

It more likely pointed out that there was a need for some kind of break from an amazing record breaking and quick pumpening.  That is hardly even close to BTC price resistance, but instead a realistic lack of ongoing buying or pumpening support to sustain such a continued outrageous excited over exuberance.

and, coming below the strong resistance at 13.5k, it is a bearish indicator (in conventional analysis).

You are likely continuing to read too much into some kind of resistance when we are merely engaging in normal consolidation behaviors that also likely involves manipulation in a considerably less than fully mature market.

Assuming we ignore that analysis on a long (bull forever) view, my conclusion is that it will still be a more extended time before a challenge to the ATH. 1 to 2 years is my rough guess.  

Could be.  You know that I am a lot more ambivalent about making these kinds of somewhat specific calls except perhaps to criticize yours for seeming like overly long.. which causes it to be less likely than you are making it out to be as a more likely scenario.

I personally would suggest that a new ATH could come as soon as this calendar year, even though it is not too likely, but instead it is more likely that a new ATH would come 3 to 6 months after the halvening, which does put my thinking that it could come close to taking a year before we reach another ATH - but at the same time, I also believe that there seems to be some ongoing pressures and dynamics that could cause a front running that would cause such ATH to come sooner in the range that I had anticipated.  

As I type through my thinking on this, I do see that there could be a play that causes a kind of manipulation of the opposite of what I believe to be a more likely scenario and to cause a dragging out of the ATH like you said, but it still kind of seems like a bit of a minority likelihood of playing out like that, even though I can see the possibility of such gamesmanship (or gaming of the powers that be or whales or whatever they are and if they can attempt to keeps some control in regards to keeping BTC prices down).

I know that is going contrary to the halvening theory, so it's a really contrarian call, and I guess I am comfortable being a vilified contrarian.

Fair enough.  You deserve some vilifying for your ongoing overly-pessimism.. and maybe your purposefully taking a more negative view in order to exaggerate a worse case scenario that even you realize is not as likely as you are making it out to be.

You are not completely going against any theories of the halvening, because there does seem to be a kind of pattern in which it can take several months after the halvening for the actual effects to really meaningfully and materially be felt, so 6 months to 18 months after the halvening are within ranges of reasonable contemplation - but also I just get some senses that there are some behind the scenes forces that are buying too much bitcoin, which is likely to cause a whole hell of a lot more front running than your more overly pessimistic scenario seems to be projecting.

The recent exceptional spike has pointed out resistance at 10.5k, and, coming below the strong resistance at 13.5k, it is a bearish indicator (in conventional analysis).

I don't know nuttin' 'bout no conventional analysis, so I'll just ask. Does conventional analysis really consider a positive overshoot spike the same as being rebuffed at a resistance level?

Looks like jbreher beat me in his posting about this particular point (which is similar to what I said in one of my above responses)...

The recent exceptional spike has pointed out resistance at 10.5k, and, coming below the strong resistance at 13.5k, it is a bearish indicator (in conventional analysis).

No it's not. Hitting resistance on the way to another resistance isn't bearish. It's expected. Any asset emerging from a downtrend is going to hit resistance on the way up.

Did you really expect to go straight to the $13,000s without stopping?

Looks like illyiller beat me, too, in making the same point regarding the significance of the end of the extra-ordinary price run that we had yesterday... and yeah, that is neither any kind of meaningful showing of resistance nor a bearish sign.   Tongue Tongue
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 07:09:46 AM

I don't have a problem for others calling me different names. But i respect your opinion and that's why i said i will do you all a favour and stop with my price comments or comments that could get a (i'm better than you) narcisstic marks. Majority of people don't like to feel if others are saying that they are better than him. I completely understand psihology. That's not my intention but probably it seems to you that it was. So  i get it, i apologize.

You can post TA in here but you need to grow a thick skin.  I was bashed for relentlessly posting bearish predictions in 2018, but then I DGAF. 
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 07:20:02 AM

LFC's Vegeta Challenge is neatly stacked on the mantle next to Bob's beer and MicG's Hat art.  A real WO collection in the making!  

Perhaps my turn to contribute is near.   Wink  

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 07:25:30 AM

I don't have a problem for others calling me different names. But i respect your opinion and that's why i said i will do you all a favour and stop with my price comments or comments that could get a (i'm better than you) narcisstic marks. Majority of people don't like to feel if others are saying that they are better than him. I completely understand psihology. That's not my intention but probably it seems to you that it was. So  i get it, i apologize.

You can post TA in here but you need to grow a thick skin.  I was bashed for relentlessly posting bearish predictions in 2018, but then I DGAF.  

You deserved such purported bashing, and maybe even more?, even if you ended up being largely correct.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 07:27:57 AM

A dark rainy night
I just shot my dear old cat
Tears rolling down my face

Sorry to hear that.
I had to put my 15 year old standard poodle down last week.
Most unpleasant.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 07:35:08 AM

You can post TA in here but

really we prefer T&A
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 08:26:29 AM

Hard to talk to him. Cheesy
Negotiation

Activity: 1050
Merit: 262

Need a Helping hand? https://tinyurl.com/2p94uabm

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 08:28:44 AM

The previous bull market lasted 152 weeks

That's 1064 days

Almost 3 years

We are only 29 weeks into the new Bull Market

#Bitcoin has just reversed from its first major Bull Market correction

And recently rallied +40% over the past 2 days

$BTC #Crypto

Source: https://twitter.com/rektcapital/status/1188199578413289472

nice observe this information is real? 3 years .
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4160

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 09:04:47 AM
Merited by BinaryReign (10), JayJuanGee (1), somac. (1)

It's funny how so many people try to predict the future price of Bitcoin, when the answer is obvious:

Long-term: UP!
Short-term: Roll a dice!

I just buy when I can, HoDL, and don't look at the short-term price action much. It's the easiest and least stressful strategy that almost guarantees profits. Has served me well.

Also, I have bitterly regretted EVERY single time I could have bought, but didn't... Which confirms the above strategy.
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 09:11:04 AM

Just looked that up, quite a long read. And yes, the UK does not charge an annual tax for property (land) like Austria (for example) does.

We limeys do pay Council Tax which is banded based on property value, however.

Where would Satoshi go then, when in Australia such a tax exists?

Grin
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 09:11:36 AM

Holders who get free BTC, They seem not to care.
Any way, who paid cryptotourist?

Good point there r0achie rebal15, the answer is nobody!
Any donations are welcome, should you feel I have helped with your overall investment (goat, camel, hut).

1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa
Cryptotourist

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 09:15:28 AM

Where would Satoshi go then, when in Australia such a tax exists?

Grin

HA-HA.
There, my cold haha post. Tongue
Cryptotourist

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 09:18:47 AM

You can post TA in here but

really we prefer T&A

Tits & Anal Huh
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 10:19:16 AM

Just looked that up, quite a long read. And yes, the UK does not charge an annual tax for property (land) like Austria (for example) does.

We limeys do pay Council Tax which is banded based on property value, however.

As do we swedes, max 780 USD per annum and some properties are exempt, like some agriculture land for example.

Around here (US) the tax is once a year, about 2% of the total property value (in my state) and the retarded part about it is that they tell you the exact tax at around Nov 15, but you have to shell out the cash by Jan 31. Most people escrow the estimated tax payment together with the mortgage, though.
However, 2% is annoyingly high as they keep bumping the fake house prices up.
Why fake? Because houses sell at the numbers that are lower than citi estimates suggest.

I think the difference is you have a lower overall income tax (federal + state), so they make up the difference in property taxes.  You end up paying the same, it’s just collected differently.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 10:30:56 AM

A dark rainy night

Sorry to hear that.
Most unpleasant.

Commiserations to both of you. What was it Arrie, a car accident?
15 is pretty good machasm for a big dog. so sorry.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 10:34:03 AM

For the services provided they are still to high.

Hey now

somebody has to pay for those guys playing cards, er, changing the oil in the snowplows, down at the county shops

You have mentioned the guys down at the shop a couple of times.  Something you would like to share?
VB1001
Legendary

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 10:44:56 AM

A dark rainy night

Sorry to hear that.
Most unpleasant.

Oops, I thought I had already responded to this, I'm sorry, losing a pet is always sad. Cry
VB1001
Legendary

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 11:21:18 AM

It's fine if we stay above 9,500 the next step is to recover 10,000.

Bitstamp 9,600, go BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 25016 25017 25018 25019 25020 25021 25022 25023 25024 25025 25026 25027 25028 25029 25030 25031 25032 25033 25034 25035 25036 25037 25038 25039 25040 25041 25042 25043 25044 25045 25046 25047 25048 25049 25050 25051 25052 25053 25054 25055 25056 25057 25058 25059 25060 25061 25062 25063 25064 25065 [25066] 25067 25068 25069 25070 25071 25072 25073 25074 25075 25076 25077 25078 25079 25080 25081 25082 25083 25084 25085 25086 25087 25088 25089 25090 25091 25092 25093 25094 25095 25096 25097 25098 25099 25100 25101 25102 25103 25104 25105 25106 25107 25108 25109 25110 25111 25112 25113 25114 25115 25116 ... 33322 »
  Print  

Jump to: