May 04, 2024, 08:21:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26155 26156 26157 26158 26159 26160 26161 26162 26163 26164 26165 26166 26167 26168 26169 26170 26171 26172 26173 26174 26175 26176 26177 26178 26179 26180 26181 26182 26183 26184 26185 26186 26187 26188 26189 26190 26191 26192 26193 26194 26195 26196 26197 26198 26199 26200 26201 26202 26203 26204 [26205] 26206 26207 26208 26209 26210 26211 26212 26213 26214 26215 26216 26217 26218 26219 26220 26221 26222 26223 26224 26225 26226 26227 26228 26229 26230 26231 26232 26233 26234 26235 26236 26237 26238 26239 26240 26241 26242 26243 26244 26245 26246 26247 26248 26249 26250 26251 26252 26253 26254 26255 ... 33322 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372084 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:34:16 AM

The key for me here in Panama is not if I will run out of food, but that the many poor people nearby will run out of food. Then they will go searching. They already rioted in one town and cleared out a local grocery store. My friend was told at his building for everyone to park their cars in the parking garage at his building because thieves are breaking into cars.

Fortunately I was preparing for Thai hitmen to come so I am prepared. I may have to change my sleep schedule though.

Sounds like you are living in a not so safe neighborhood.... Of course, one of the things that any of us needs to consider is the condition of the neighborhood in which we live, and whether it would be better to get more security, merely by feeling more comfortable with the values and culture of the neighbors.   

Sometimes traveling in a country outside of your own will put you more into those kinds of safety, security, health dilemmas.. but sometimes also NOT understanding the safety (or lack thereof) of a location until you have lived in such lcoation for a bit of time.

Seems that older people are less tolerant to taking such risks, too, but older people do not tend to move locations as often, either.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:49:39 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2020, 04:25:30 AM by Paashaas
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

Coronavirus Cases: 721,384. Deaths: 33,994. Recovered: 158,665.

- Italy death toll surges past 10.000.

- Spain toughens restrictions as death toll rises to 6,803.

- U.S death toll doubles in two days to 2,510 with 142,548 cases in total.

- Bolivia, Uruguay, New Zealand and Syria reporting first deaths.

- South Africa deployed military controlled lockdown as infections soar.

- Turkey halted intercity trains and limited domestic flights, called for a stay-at-home order.

- Netherlands recalls 600,000 masks from hospitals for being defective after being donated from China.

- Timor-Leste and Bosnian Serb region declared state of emergency.

- Kenya's first day of curfew slid into chaos.

- Mexico’s health minister Hugo Lopez-Gatell called on Saturday on all residents to stay at home for a month.

- New York City ambulance service close to breaking point.

- World’s largest glove maker sees shortage.

- North Korea fires more missiles than ever amid corona outbreak.

- Thai prison riot that was sparked by rumors of an outbreak.

- Russia closes borders to foreigners.

- Belarus president refuses to cancel anything  and says vodka and saunas will ward of Covid-19.

- Country music singer Joe Diffie has died of complications caused by coronavirus.

- Japan will deny entry to people coming from the U.S., China, South Korea, and most of Europe.

- South Korea to provide emergency cash payments to famillies, except the top 30% by income.

- Tokyo record biggest daily increase in cases as authorities identified large infection clusters in and around the capital.

- 4000 nurses are expected to participate in strikes across Papua New Guinea this week over concerns that country lacks the medical supplies and funding to handle a potential outbreak.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:55:29 AM

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 03:59:11 AM

I just saw that between my two buys from yesterday, with roughly eight hours apart, the transaction code of the bitcoin broker i used was only incremented by 3.
So in 8 hours there were only three other buys! Price wise, i think we might go down for more. Seems almost everybody just watches or lost interest in BTC, from this perspective. I try to tage advantage, accumulation wise, i'm not bearish mid-term at all.

Of course, you are not to the level of Searing in your pessimistic expressions, yet I am still having some trouble how you could conclude either that there is a lack of interest in the buying of bitcoin or that the price is going down from here based on your scanty evidence.  You have a broker, and the broker's bitcoin transaction count is low?  Do you know the history of this bitcoin broker transaction count, and is the transaction count reflective of anything meaningful?

I am not going to argue if the BTC price is going to go down or up from here, and surely there is likely to be some dragging effects on bitcoin in terms of macro considerations of the stock market and the virus situation is not exactly getting better, so in that regard, we might get some additional downward pressures on BTC, but it's price direction is far from guaranteed, even if the stock market and the overall printer go brrrrrr phenomena might not be in the best of condition, either.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 04:00:37 AM

Bitcoin broke ten-year support and struggles to get back on track

It will only get worse I'm afraid. Trump just announced 100,000 dead Americans ONLY in all this and he will call it a 'good job'. Damn, the Dow Jones is gonna crap itself on Monday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/29/president-trump-extends-national-social-distancing-guidelines-through-april-30.html

It would be nice if that happens BTC/Crypto would at least 'decouple' somewhat and at least go 'sideways' for the price..er...kinda sorta?

I should probably get used to this, it will be 'quite a ride' for ANY asset of ANY kind in the next 2-months. Black Swan Event Indeed! Sad

psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 04:18:20 AM

Have to agree with Roger Vermin here -

@rogerkver
If YOU are worried about the coronavirus, YOU should self isolate.
Leave the rest of us alone.
https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/1244263515172601857?s=21

How convenient to have such exact, up to the minute figures...
Is he travelling around the world constantly counting dead bodies?
Or is every place in world reporting death figures to him directly?

Social Media at its best I guess.

Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 04:28:53 AM

Have to agree with Roger Vermin here -

@rogerkver
If YOU are worried about the coronavirus, YOU should self isolate.
Leave the rest of us alone.
https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/1244263515172601857?s=21

Same nonsense as "this is just a flu".
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7971

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2020, 04:47:07 AM

Anybody who was paying attention to the videos coming out of Wuhan in February knows this wasn't "just a flu."

Sorry Lambie but you were wrong on this one.

Furthermore, nothing on that list is as contagious as this virus.

Not that Trump has been remarkably accurate about anything ever, but he has completely changed his tune from it being a hoax in the last 6 hours:

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1250772/trump-extends-virus-guidelines-braces-us-for-big-death-toll

All this and they still don't want to quarantine the virus epicenter, NYC.  Roll Eyes

To be fair, neither does Governor Cuomo... That puts him in the same dumb camp as Trump as far as I'm concerned. Quarantine is the smartest thing to do at the moment.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:33:22 AM

COV19 flu. Strains attached.

Now how weird is it, that the scammers of scammers, could actually have a plausible narrative this time? Hm.
Don't answer that, just throw in some more stats, and a weenie filthy accusation to top it off.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:40:02 AM

All this and they still don't want to quarantine the virus epicenter, NYC.  Roll Eyes

Interesting. I wonder why?

Quarantine is the smartest thing to do at the moment.

Most likely, so we are told.
Always question what you are told. Especially if they try to shove it down your throat.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:41:46 AM

... the US dollar bubble top may have just been pricked. the outrush will be impressive.

Trump says 100,00-200,000 dead is not too bad ... because if they did nothing it was 2 million  Shocked yups that's the real deal we're hearing now, everything else was pablum to keep the herd calm.

... quietly move to the US$ exits as fast as you can now, shtf.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:44:45 AM

NYC should have been quarantined long time ago, regardless of what virus they're cooking up, but that's a whole other story.
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1538

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:49:33 AM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7971

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2020, 05:55:09 AM

Interesting. I wonder why?

Quarantine is the smartest thing to do at the moment.

Most likely, so we are told.
Always question what you are told. Especially if they try to shove it down your throat.

Well, the excuse is that the rest of America - and ostensibly the world - depends on the ongoings of NYC; especially Wall Street and the financial sector. Another thing was Trump's (now abandoned) narrative that its simply un-American to close down business to such a magnitude, and that everything will be fine.

OK, so I'm questioning the quarantine request...

- People remain at home.
- Those who are carriers can't spread the virus to other people.
- Those who don't have it can't get it.
- In total isolation with 100% follow-through rate, it would only take 14-28 days for the problem to subside completely.
- Seeing as how that is not a viable alternative, I think 60 days of fairly stringent quarantine measures is reasonable. People do have to go out to get food and supplies, and people do have to be present at workplaces to deliver them.
- Everybody else whose employment is deemed non-essential will suffer financially.
- A relatively large amount of people are going to die from inadequate medical care.

This is the best case scenario.

Do you disagree with any of these premises or conclusions?
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3003

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 05:55:20 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2020, 06:17:10 AM by OutOfMemory

... i'm with jimbo, don't mess with Gordons and Schweppes, maybe a slice of lemon or lime.

... or cheese and pickled onion on a cracker.

Schweppes (props for correct spelling, btw.) cures a lot of blemishes when it comes to gin.
When you take the Gordons-on-the-rocks test and pass it with ease, compare this to a fine gin, you'll notice the difference.

I stand corrected on the spelling of Schweppes (I should have checked it) but I'll disagree with your assessment of Gordon's.

Gordon's (correct spelling!) is a fine gin but it isn't intended to be drunk straight, on-the-rocks, or lightly seasoned with vermouth and olive. It's at its best mixed with a tonic with enough balls to stand up to its robust flavor. Of course you want a more delicate gin for a martini or on-the-rocks.

I value your opinion, though i disagree still on the Gordon's being called a "fine" gin. But it's not much of an issue, really.
It makes little sense to argue about personal taste and preference.
Sure, it's certainly good if a gin comes strong, especially in a long drink or cocktail, to add definition.

It's like tequila. You don't use Patron or Don Julio to make a margarita. You drink them straight with a wedge of lime and some salt. For a Margarita you want something with more agave bite, like Cuervo Especial Gold.

Gotta try this/them. I think i never had any of these.

I just saw that between my two buys from yesterday, with roughly eight hours apart, the transaction code of the bitcoin broker i used was only incremented by 3.
So in 8 hours there were only three other buys! Price wise, i think we might go down for more. Seems almost everybody just watches or lost interest in BTC, from this perspective. I try to tage advantage, accumulation wise, i'm not bearish mid-term at all.

Of course, you are not to the level of Searing in your pessimistic expressions, yet I am still having some trouble how you could conclude either that there is a lack of interest in the buying of bitcoin or that the price is going down from here based on your scanty evidence.  You have a broker, and the broker's bitcoin transaction count is low?  Do you know the history of this bitcoin broker transaction count, and is the transaction count reflective of anything meaningful?

I was looking for similar low timeframes between buys and found the intermediate transaction count (per hour) was way higher than now.
There's only one point that has influenced the count for sure, it's the mandatory KYC registration since beginning of 2020.
This was likely to push down the count, but so low?
However, as it's a national broker, it clearly speaks for lack of buys in my country.
You can only transfer fiat from/to a national banking account OR use exclusive national ATMs. With the latter one needs an id (drivers license) to scan for using the service.

I am not going to argue if the BTC price is going to go down or up from here, and surely there is likely to be some dragging effects on bitcoin in terms of macro considerations of the stock market and the virus situation is not exactly getting better, so in that regard, we might get some additional downward pressures on BTC, but it's price direction is far from guaranteed, even if the stock market and the overall printer go brrrrrr phenomena might not be in the best of condition, either.

Agree. I am not really pessimistic, but optimistic for lower price possibilities or forming of a temporary bottom.
The ultimate breakout of pessimism, imho, was the mindrust accident that happened lately.

EDIT: Hit "save" three times until the "new post" warning disappeared. Now THAT's a transaction frequency i wanna see at the brokerzzz Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT2:
Trying to keep it short on the Covid19 topic:
Almost everybody seems to care more about the sick economy lately, instead of questioning it. Really pathetic, imho.
How can one think he is "free" when he (and everbody else) is dependent on inflationary economy, better descibred as wage slavery for most of the participants?

bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 06:21:48 AM

Warren Buffett in his 1979 shareholder letter:

Long term results
[...]

“One friendly but sharp-eyed commentator on Berkshire has pointed out that our book value at the end of 1964 would have bought about one-half ounce of gold and, 15 years later, after we have plowed back all earnings along with much blood, sweat and tears, the book value produced will buy about the same half ounce. A similar comparison could be drawn with Middle Eastern oil. The rub has been that government has been exceptionally able in printing money and creating promises, but is unable to print gold or create oil.

“We intend to continue to do as well as we can in managing the internal affairs of the business. But you should understand that external conditions affecting the stability of currency may very well be the most important factor in determining whether there are any real rewards from your investment in Berkshire Hathaway.”
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 06:29:00 AM

Of course, you are not to the level of Searing in your pessimistic expressions, yet I am still having some trouble how you could conclude either that there is a lack of interest in the buying of bitcoin or that the price is going down from here based on your scanty evidence.  You have a broker, and the broker's bitcoin transaction count is low?  Do you know the history of this bitcoin broker transaction count, and is the transaction count reflective of anything meaningful?

I was looking for similar low timeframes between buys and found the intermediate transaction count (per hour) was way higher than now.
There's only one point that has influenced the count for sure, it's the mandatory KYC registration since beginning of 2020.
This was likely to push down the count, but so low?
However, as it's a national broker, it clearly speaks for lack of buys in my country.
You can only transfer fiat from/to a national banking account OR use exclusive national ATMs. With the latter one needs an id (drivers license) to scan for using the service.

Agree. I am not really pessimistic, but optimistic for lower price possibilities or forming of a temporary bottom.
The ultimate breakout of pessimism, imho, was the mindrust accident that happened lately.

EDIT: Hit "save" three times until the "new post" warning disappeared. Now THAT's a transaction frequency i wanna see at the brokerzzz Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT2:
Trying to keep it short on the Covid19 topic:
Almost everybody seems to care more about the sick economy lately, instead of questioning it. Really pathetic, imho.
How can one think he is "free" when he (and everbody else) is dependent on inflationary economy, better descibred as wage slavery for most of the participants?

I hear regularly investing Bitcoin folks questioning various bear theories and previously proclaimed FUD spreading is getting some traction, and even questioning whether we are going to either get BTC price growth because of the bitcoin halvening and even questioning if mining could continue to spiral downwards.

And, I am not just talking about in this thread.

It seems so strange to me to find similar levels of hysteria and questioning of the power of king daddy bitcoin, and even assertions that this time is different because bitcoin has never been in such challenging times, and therefore, the stock to flow theories might not play out and bitcoin might really be ded this time.

All seems like baloney to me, and I suppose I am surprised how easily some folks can get shaken out of their coins... or fail and refuse to buy ... or wait for lower prices  that might not come.  

It's like the same talking points played over and over, and they continue to be effective to scare peeps out of their bitcoin...

Some of us did tentatively conjecture that we might end up getting a bit of a front running of the four year fractal, and these price dips and other circumstances seem to either put BTC back on schedule for a normal kind of four year fractal or even a possibility of  little bit of  delay, but I still doubt that the delay is likely to be as grand as various pessimists want to assert.  

Of course, we still do have ongoing dynamic of froth in the shitcoin space, and I have always been wondering if more of that froth has to be shaken out and beat to a pulp before bitcoin resumes on its upward trajectory, and so in that regard, there can be some consideration and questioning about whether the shitcoin space has suffered enough.  Maybe there is going to be another altcoin season... I cannot proclaim to have any kind of meaningful insight about the possibility of another altcoin season, but their performance has been quite parallel to bitcoin in recent times, such as the past few months and maybe even slightly outperforming bitcoin in terms of dollar prices.

Fuck those shitcoins, except to the extent that sometimes we might need to be considering their ongoing pulling effects on bitcoin.. in both price directions.
Cryptotourist

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 06:32:40 AM

OK, so I'm questioning the quarantine request...

- People remain at home.
- Those who are carriers can't spread the virus to other people.
- Those who don't have it can't get it.
- In total isolation with 100% follow-through rate, it would only take 14-28 days for the problem to subside completely.
- Seeing as how that is not a viable alternative, I think 60 days of fairly stringent quarantine measures is reasonable. People do have to go out to get food and supplies, and people do have to be present at workplaces to deliver them.
- Everybody else whose employment is deemed non-essential will suffer financially.
- A relatively large amount of people are going to die from inadequate medical care.

This is the best case scenario.

Do you disagree with any of these premises or conclusions?

- Not a bad idea. For safety sake just in case this is not a total shitshow.
Do you know anyone personally, to have died from COV19? Does anybody know? (talked to my French buddy yesterday, he knew one 70 year old)
- Yes. How about the carriers before this thing went MSM viral? Or after this outbreak has settled.
- Yes and no. Those who don't have it, will eventually get it. This year or the next.
- Yes and no. Define completely.
- Better make that for the rest of the year, just to make sure that we're all safe.
- Definitely yes. Just because.
- Unfortunately yes. It is a shit world that we live in.

My thesis is that we all (most of us anyway) have COV already. And if we don't have it, we will definitely get it. Maybe not the latest mutated strain, but what ever.
This is how pandemics work imo.

Looks like we mostly agree.
Call me crazy, but tell me why we can't get rid of the regular flu for like decades.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12038

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 07:30:41 AM
Merited by DeathAngel (1)

I did bought the dip yesterday

Feeling pro  Roll Eyes
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 30, 2020, 07:45:50 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

- Netherlands recalls 600,000 masks from hospitals for being defective after being donated from China.
Made in china.

A... what was the term? cynical actor? might suggest that the chinks are making broken stuff on purpose. Makes them look good for being oh so helpful, while not helping at all.
Pages: « 1 ... 26155 26156 26157 26158 26159 26160 26161 26162 26163 26164 26165 26166 26167 26168 26169 26170 26171 26172 26173 26174 26175 26176 26177 26178 26179 26180 26181 26182 26183 26184 26185 26186 26187 26188 26189 26190 26191 26192 26193 26194 26195 26196 26197 26198 26199 26200 26201 26202 26203 26204 [26205] 26206 26207 26208 26209 26210 26211 26212 26213 26214 26215 26216 26217 26218 26219 26220 26221 26222 26223 26224 26225 26226 26227 26228 26229 26230 26231 26232 26233 26234 26235 26236 26237 26238 26239 26240 26241 26242 26243 26244 26245 26246 26247 26248 26249 26250 26251 26252 26253 26254 26255 ... 33322 »
  Print  

Jump to: