March 19, 2024, 08:13:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
$65,000 - 59 (86.8%)
$48,000 - 9 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 68

Pages: « 1 ... 26266 26267 26268 26269 26270 26271 26272 26273 26274 26275 26276 26277 26278 26279 26280 26281 26282 26283 26284 26285 26286 26287 26288 26289 26290 26291 26292 26293 26294 26295 26296 26297 26298 26299 26300 26301 26302 26303 26304 26305 26306 26307 26308 26309 26310 26311 26312 26313 26314 26315 [26316] 26317 26318 26319 26320 26321 26322 26323 26324 26325 26326 26327 26328 26329 26330 26331 26332 26333 26334 26335 26336 26337 26338 26339 26340 26341 26342 26343 26344 26345 26346 26347 26348 26349 26350 26351 26352 26353 26354 26355 26356 26357 26358 26359 26360 26361 26362 26363 26364 26365 26366 ... 33173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26330545 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (170 posts by 1 users with 9 merit deleted.)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 02:31:12 AM

Alts are the "lungs" of bitcoin.

You must be smoking something...

It's just an observable fact.

Bitcoin dominance is on a one-way ticket to depletion, but at the same time its marketcap has been rising - all in tandem with the growth of the alt sector which has pulled in way more capital on aggregate than would ever have turned up without it.

Bitcoin and the alt sector have a complimentary relationship. They are not in conflict, contrary to some of the deluded views expressed in here which remain stuck in a 2013 mindset.

We're now on the verge of another intake of breath where dominance will dip back down as a bull BTC market takes hold.

Get used to it Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 02:53:45 AM

It is a made up bullshit talking point of altcoin pumpeners like yourself, so why don't you take your bullshit somewhere else?

Bitcoin dominance is on a one-way ticket to depletion,

Who gives any shits?  bitcoin is the only one out there that is neither a scam, including having sound money attributes in which no other coin is even close.. so who gives any shits if they get pumped and thousands of them get made.. especially when they are merely smoke and mirror imitation bullshit.. with hardly any product except perhaps some of them to pump other scams.

but at the same time its marketcap has been rising - all in tandem with the growth of the alt sector which has pulled in way more capital on aggregate than would ever have turned up without it.

So what?  Yeah, they can be a kind of interesting way to get stupid money to come into crypto and then realize that snake-oils are just bullshit...

you need to pump your bullshit talking points here?  Why don't you go to some shit coin thread and pump your belly gazing nonsense.

Bitcoin and the alt sector have a complimentary relationship.

as long as you realize that bitcoin is king daddy then maybe there could be some benefits that bitcoin has in terms of the camouflage that all that shitcoin nonsense provides...

They are not in conflict, contrary to some of the deluded views expressed in here which remain stuck in a 2013 mindset.

Oh.. how sweet?  You want to be friends.  There are other threads for those kinds of talking-up altcoins discussions.

We're now on the verge of another intake of breath where dominance will dip back down as a bull BTC market takes hold.

Who cares about your cycle predictions or whether there might be another altcoin season or some other scam such as stable coins might take up some of the space.  It is not that relevant for you to be distracting here with the baloney.

Get used to it Wink

I already am used to shitcoins, you dumb ass.  Does not mean that we need to pump them in this thread or to applaud some kind of lovey dovey relationship.

Great... you can make-up whatever squiggles of a fantasy that you want to make, it does not make it either relevant in this thread or even worth discussing, here, except that you want to pump some nonsense shitcoin talk.. and try to bring credibility the various pump and dump smoke and mirror scams that are trying to imitate bitcoin but somehow presenting themselves as if they were some vital piece.

Yeah, the shitcoins are going to be in a whole hell-of-a lot more trouble without bitcoin, rather than the other way around.  On the other hand, I am not even denying the presence of shitcoins.  I acknowledged them as a presence that is out there and the world of "is" requires acknowledge of them, but instead you want to elevate the world of "is" into some kind of mutual dependence.. which just shows that you are pumping foggy thinking... which is more likely to confuse people into believing that shitcoins have some kind of value, which is not part of what we discuss here.   We tend to either just recognize the existence of shitcoins here, or we bash them.  If you want elevate their stature (which is what you are doing) then get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.  Be gone.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 4080

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 03:03:38 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JimboToronto (1), xhomerx10 (1), bitebits (1), Last of the V8s (1)

Very disappointing story.    Cry Cry Cry  I was hoping for a kind of happier ending or a real compelling dilemma. momentarily, living vicariously through toxic....  #nohomo

So are you saying I am lying? Or is that the story in and of itself is uncompelling? I found it poignant and slightly frightening myself.

My fear is many do not realise we are in the fight of our lives this very minute. What if it was decided tomorrow that cash is a transmission vector for the virus and was banned? While undoubtedly beneficial for bitcoin in the near term I am uncertain about long term repercussions.

Right now every government on the planet is scrambling to figure how to impose more stringent tracking protocols in the name of 'safety' for the public good...and sheeple will walk right towards it eyes wide open saying save me..save me.

I am not saying any here are sheeple..mostly..but you have to admit they seem to have us out numbered.

I dont know about you..but there are certain trappings of civilisation that I enjoy very much. I am not sure I am ready to just give them up quite yet unless absolutely necessary. 

Anyways...back to story telling as it were.

Well here you go good citizen, here is a free brand new iphone 20 with all the latest in telemetry, gps and why..even a thermal camera. We are giving these to every citizen so we can fight the war on this pandemic. We also have pre-installed the new gubbermint wallet for you AND deposited your first UBI check. Dont mind the fact we have backdoored all of it and will monitor you and everything around you 24/7   

Its blockchain baby(with centralised servers) and completely secure...not to worry. Your data is safe with the Fed!  We are doing this for everyones safety. Be a good citizen and do your part!

Hows that scenario grab you jjg?

Btw I think it unlikely that such a event would happen but you never know...especially right now.

I guess what I am trying to say is entropy is high at the moment and most, if not all models are broken in the long term. Anyone trying to predict anything more than a few weeks out right now is delusional imho.

Despite this fact..what you say...what you do right now is important. Maybe more so than any time in your life. Think about what you want the future to be...and make it happen...thats my story.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 03:15:11 AM

^^^ it's a huge worry.

How have the gubmints been sooo slow to actually do anything to stop the virus but incredibly fast and efficient to roll out surveillance measures (supposedly to stop the virus)??
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 03:22:06 AM

Very disappointing story.    Cry Cry Cry  I was hoping for a kind of happier ending or a real compelling dilemma. momentarily, living vicariously through toxic....  #nohomo

So are you saying I am lying? Or is that the story in and of itself is uncompelling? I found it poignant and slightly frightening myself.

I found that it had a good beginning and a pretty decent set-up for a quite interesting story, but then turned into a kind of story that was NOT able to grab my attention.

My fear is many do not realise we are in the fight of our lives this very minute. What if it was decided tomorrow that cash is a transmission vector for the virus and was banned? While undoubtedly beneficial for bitcoin in the near term I am uncertain about long term repercussions.

My fear is that the beginning of the story included an obvious dame in distress, and a lot of potential for provocative dilemma that petered out into nerdom.

Right now every government on the planet is scrambling to figure how to impose more stringent tracking protocols in the name of 'safety' for the public good...and sheeple will walk right towards it eyes wide open saying save me..save me.

My interest is that human relationships fell out of the story, and what is going to come from those kinds of inabilities to connect.

I am not saying any here are sheeple..mostly..but you have to admit they seem to have us out numbered.

It is not going to do us any good, if we cannot go have one slurpie with two straws - one coming out of each end of the slurpy.

I dont know about you..but there are certain trappings of civilisation that I enjoy very much. I am not sure I am ready to just give them up quite yet unless absolutely necessary. 

Exactly!!!!

Anyways...back to story telling as it were.

Well here you go good citizen, here is a free brand new iphone 20 with all the latest in telemetry, gps and why..even a thermal camera. We are giving these to every citizen so we can fight the war on this pandemic. We also have pre-installed the new gubbermint wallet for you AND deposited your first UBI check. Dont mind the fact we have backdoored all of it and will monitor you and everything around you 24/7   

We don't want any of that.  No one wants to be monitored.

Its blockchain baby(with centralised servers) and completely secure...not to worry.

I was thinking more about real babies, or just being able to practice.

Your data is safe with the Fed!  We are doing this for everyones safety. Be a good citizen and do your part!

Sure, we all do our part.  I supposed. Kind of tough with various kinds of controls, and even the dominance of a virus including lack of testing and a lot of other fears that are keeping us apart.

Hows that scenario grab you jjg?

It grabs me as sad.  There used to be a girl and boy in the story, and all that the story evolved into is 1984, or some similar variant.

Btw I think it unlikely that such a event would happen but you never know...especially right now.

seems like anything can happen, right now.

I guess what I am trying to say is entropy is high at the moment and most, if not all models are broken in the long term. Anyone trying to predict anything more than a few weeks out right now is delusional imho.

Yes.  We have not gotten over the curve, so there remains a lot of uncertainties.

Despite this fact..what you say...what you do right now is important. Maybe more so than any time in your life. Think about what you want the future to be...and make it happen...thats my story.

Well, your story is much more serious than my wanting to hear a boy and girl story.

And, yeah, those items are important, but I am not really in the mood for politics or trying to engage in any kind of serious activism. It's not like you can do a lot during a state of an emergency, until the emergency starts to subside.  So, I was just hoping for a more basic scenario, but you are wanting to solve world problems or at least attempt to battle, which is not where I am at, currently.
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 03:48:15 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

-much snipped for brevitys sake..apologies-

Well, your story is much more serious than my wanting to hear a boy and girl story.

And, yeah, those items are important, but I am not really in the mood for politics or trying to engage in any kind of serious activism. It's not like you can do a lot during a state of an emergency, until the emergency starts to subside.  So, I was just hoping for a more basic scenario, but you are wanting to solve world problems or at least attempt to battle, which is not where I am at, currently.

Well...with Passover and the Holiday..not to mention 4 weeks of pandemic lockdown...my current cocaine and hooker stories are in short supply I am loathe to admit..I will get back to you in a few weeks and see what we can do. Fair enough?

I have had quite the week as well..honestly its been very stressful. I am not sure where I derailed on the story really...but I felt some of the writers block I have been experiencing lift and well..words just started to flow.

I hope I didnt bring you down to much Juan..  Keep thy chin up..there yet remains hope.

#stronghands

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 7749

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 03:57:47 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), bitebits (1), BobLawblaw (1)

-much snipped for brevitys sake..apologies-

Well...with Passover and the Holiday..not to mention 4 weeks of pandemic lockdown...my current cocaine and hooker stories are in short supply I am loathe to admit..I will get back to you in a few weeks and see what we can do. Fair enough?

I have had quite the week as well..honestly its been very stressful. I am not sure where I derailed on the story really...but I felt some of the writers block I have been experiencing lift and well..words just started to flow.

I hope I didnt bring you down to much Juan..  Keep thy chin up..there yet remains hope.

#stronghands

You need to de-stress.  Colour some eggs with me Smiley

DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2750
Merit: 1747

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 04:10:40 AM

1) alts kind of hanging on with a kind of symmetry to bitcoin .. .but what the fuck can we do about that?  the situation with alts and the various dumbfucks buying or promoting that crap "is what it is".

I was thinking more like an anus, if you touch them you're sure to get shit all over yourself
Toxic2040
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 04:30:19 AM

I would really like to do that homer, very much so. Amazing work yet unsurprising considering your other artistic talents. Is it sitting on a piece of nori?

+5 WOsMerit's
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 7749

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 04:38:19 AM

I would really like to do that homer, very much so. Amazing work yet unsurprising considering your other artistic talents. Is it sitting on a piece of nori?

+5 WOsMerit's

Not nori but it is edible - beeswax.  You layer the colours and put a coat of wax in over each colour where you want it to stay and then wash off the colour once the wax is applied.  It's time consuming but the result is satisfying.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 04:47:12 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2020, 07:02:20 AM by jojo69
Merited by vapourminer (1), JimboToronto (1), JayJuanGee (1), kurious (1), Toxic2040 (1), Last of the V8s (1)

So, been thinking pretty hard...

When exactly did we go from dystopian fiction being cautionary to being a fait accompli?

Clearly, Orwell intended his work as a cautionary tale. Emerging from the trauma of World War II, visions of totalitarian futures in fiction and film seemed to offer the viewer the chance to redeem the past by deciding how not to make the future. But somewhere, we lost our way.

Logan's Run seemed to me, as a child, as cautionary, but was it really just preparing me? Soylent Green?

Blake's 7?

The manifesting of dystopian visions in our present reality represent a failure of imagination on the part of the masses, who have abdicated responsibility for what the future looks like to writers and directors and,
ultimately, to the Hollywood box office.

By Blade Runner, it is obvious that the individual, as reified by either Hauer's or Ford's character, is exhausted in its struggle against the faceless state. The die is cast.  

Now, the trope of "the future" includes militarized cops and ubiquitous surveillance by default. Endless war and increased alienation from nature.

This is a spell we have cast on ourselves, or at the very least have allowed. We must claim sovereignty over our visions and exert our own imaginative effort if we would have the future be another way.

Choice exists.

We can yet take 1984 as a warning, not as an eventuality.

The rest of this noise is bullshit.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1451

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 05:01:08 AM

So, been thinking pretty hard...

When exactly did we go from dystopian fiction being cautionary to being a fait accompli?

Clearly, Orwell intended his work as a cautionary tale. Emerging from the trauma of World War II, visions of totalitarian futures in fiction and film seemed to offer the viewer the chance to redeem the past by deciding how not to make the future. But somewhere, we lost our way.

Logan's Run seemed to me, as a child, as cautionary, but was it really just preparing me? Soylent Green?

Blake's 7?

The manifesting of dystopian visions in our present reality represent a failure of imagination on the part of the masses, who have abdicated responsibility for what the future looks like to writers and directors and,
ultimately, to the Hollywood box office.

By Blade Runner, it is obvious that the individual, as reified by Hauer's or Ford's character, is exhausted in its struggle against the faceless state. The die is cast.  

Now, the trope of "the future" includes militarized cops and ubiquitous surveillance by default. Endless war and increased alienation from nature.

This is a spell we have cast on ourselves, or at the very least have allowed. We must claim sovereignty over our visions and exert our own imaginative effort if we would have the future be another way.

Choice exists.

We can yet take 1984 as a warning, not as an eventuality.

The rest of this noise is bullshit.

You are right. That previously dystopian future is almost here in many ways... but what is the alternative? What is the choice? In practical terms and applied to the current situation we are already living, I mean.

At this time I would NOT be extremely surprised if we are forced to use that activity control app they are talking about to access any public commerce/place or even to be allowed to walk on public streets. And we would even be thankful that at least we can go out again. Mindblowing.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2538

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2020, 05:13:58 AM

https://twitter.com/100trillionUSD/status/1249286522991456259

Government debt as percent of GDP

https://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=ds22a34krhq5p_&met_y=gd_pc_gdp&idim=country_group:eu&hl=en&dl=en

Bitcoin is your friend.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 4815

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 05:19:54 AM

Never watched Blake's 7, watching it now.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2347

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 05:28:39 AM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1), Last of the V8s (1)

fear not, you are sitting at the nexus of the future right here, in bitcoin.

What we are witnessing is the beginning of the end of an epoch of massive centralisation, based primarily on fiat monies and the empires of debt slavery built upon those. The surveillance and control apparatus built up for financial facism to protect the fiat scam is now being rolled out to 'fight the virus' but it is really a dying system writhing around like a snake with it's head cut off. Bill Gates spending billions to build vaccine factories that may never be used are put options on his fiat wealth evaporating in a virus-precipitated global reset away from the empires of the few hundred mega-rich, e.g. Buffet, Bezos and co who attend Davos.

The virus has the globalist apparatchik cornered, like rats. Open up the economy, people die in the millions, endless lockdowns bring the hyper-global economy model to an end. Where to?

Read SnowCrash and other Stephenson novels for possible futures where the Nation States and their crumbling fiat promises are just pie-in-the-sky and unenforceable laws become irrelevant (like 3rd World failed dictatorships). Hyper-local economies of City-States, barter, local currencies and bitcoin for rare travel begin to come to the fore.

Centralisation, globalisation was well-past it's due-by date. The virus has merely pushed it over the edge into oblivion. Command and control economies always end the same way, the fabric tears apart in a myriad of ways at local levels. People disregard confusing endless edicts from remote rulers who are locked in their own mansions miles from anywhere anyway. Taxes revert to local payments for obvious services only. Unpaid law enforcement take bribes, backhanders and blowjobs and real politik takes over in every individual transaction. City-states with their own rules and border controls spring up to stay clean from the virus, local economies thrive inside the walled cities.

It's a brave new world, might not be the one your were expecting. Hyper-decentralisation.
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2538

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2020, 05:34:18 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2020, 06:54:19 AM by VB1001

https://imgur.com/K0nCMYb

We also expect a big green dildo.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 05:58:25 AM

^^^ it's a huge worry.

How have the gubmints been sooo slow to actually do anything to stop the virus but incredibly fast and efficient to roll out surveillance measures (supposedly to stop the virus)??

It's part of the play marcus.
You of all people, should know that.

At this time I would NOT be extremely surprised if we are forced to use that activity control app they are talking about to access any public commerce/place or even to be allowed to walk on public streets. And we would even be thankful that at least we can go out again. Mindblowing.

It certainly looks that way.
Time to get rid of those smartphones boyz n girlz.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2188
Merit: 3072

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 06:07:09 AM

In case your mind gets tricked into thinking price = Bitcoin, go back to the basics. Been around for a bit and know this stuff, but a refresh from time to time never hurts. Can be shared with no-coiners as well:

https://twitter.com/breedlove22/status/1141567060847149056
Robert Brrrrrrrrreedlove
@Breedlove22
1/62. As ambassadors of #Bitcoin, I believe we must speak the common tongue and avoid esoteric language so that our message can penetrate minds far and wide. Here, I will shed some light on the Bitcoin and cryptoasset universe in an exoteric nutshell. Let's begin...
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 06:46:18 AM

https://i.imgur.com/StM4XsQ.png

A trader’s mind. Love it  Grin
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 2932

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 13, 2020, 07:03:44 AM

1) alts kind of hanging on with a kind of symmetry to bitcoin .. .but what the fuck can we do about that?  the situation with alts and the various dumbfucks buying or promoting that crap "is what it is".

I was thinking more like an anus, if you touch them you're sure to get shit all over yourself

This day was meh all morning, until i finally spit a good sip of coffee over the table after reading your analogy.
Looks like a day saver, despite the mess i had to clean up. Luckily i missed my laptop  Grin
Have a nice day

and

BTFD!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 26266 26267 26268 26269 26270 26271 26272 26273 26274 26275 26276 26277 26278 26279 26280 26281 26282 26283 26284 26285 26286 26287 26288 26289 26290 26291 26292 26293 26294 26295 26296 26297 26298 26299 26300 26301 26302 26303 26304 26305 26306 26307 26308 26309 26310 26311 26312 26313 26314 26315 [26316] 26317 26318 26319 26320 26321 26322 26323 26324 26325 26326 26327 26328 26329 26330 26331 26332 26333 26334 26335 26336 26337 26338 26339 26340 26341 26342 26343 26344 26345 26346 26347 26348 26349 26350 26351 26352 26353 26354 26355 26356 26357 26358 26359 26360 26361 26362 26363 26364 26365 26366 ... 33173 »
  Print  

Jump to: