May 04, 2024, 02:53:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 27885 27886 27887 27888 27889 27890 27891 27892 27893 27894 27895 27896 27897 27898 27899 27900 27901 27902 27903 27904 27905 27906 27907 27908 27909 27910 27911 27912 27913 27914 27915 27916 27917 27918 27919 27920 27921 27922 27923 27924 27925 27926 27927 27928 27929 27930 27931 27932 27933 27934 [27935] 27936 27937 27938 27939 27940 27941 27942 27943 27944 27945 27946 27947 27948 27949 27950 27951 27952 27953 27954 27955 27956 27957 27958 27959 27960 27961 27962 27963 27964 27965 27966 27967 27968 27969 27970 27971 27972 27973 27974 27975 27976 27977 27978 27979 27980 27981 27982 27983 27984 27985 ... 33322 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371975 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 707

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 03:28:27 PM

Ants are pumping

Amazing picture.

BTC Price action looks very Boring.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/7Kfl5FMs-Bitcoin-Decisive-Pattern-Showing-Final-Conclusions-Upcoming/
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 03:31:51 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

How about some solar there-would provide a trickle (or a flood) of corn that would pay for the upkeep? js
I am not into farms myself, but sounds like an exciting venture.

Have already discussed devoting an entire acre to a solar array. Plans to dig our own well system. Set up a few huge-ass industrial size wind-farm propellors in the cattle pasture...

The idea is to be 100% self sufficient on the property, and actually pump excess energy back out to the local grid.

Also will be looking to set up a low-key private wireless ISP service for the area (will at least have a single Starlink satellite system, in addition to whatever runs we decide to have the local telcos make)

Hoping the agent gives us some sort of indication on the state of negotiations any time now. Low-balled 'em, and Rick is concerned they were offended with my initial offer. Dude worries too much "OK. So they get offended. I offer more money. What is the big deal ?"

Dude is such a diva. Needs to learn to relax. Trying to wrap up hand-off of his work to other teams before he announces his resignation in February, so he's kinda stressed out more than usual lately. Bleh.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 03:46:58 PM

Also will be looking to set up a low-key private wireless ISP service for the area (will at least have a single Starlink satellite system, in addition to whatever runs we decide to have the local telcos make)

Take a look at unify / ubiquity products. ui.com

I have their UAP-AC-Lite as my own separate wireless access point at home.

You will still want to install hard wire cables on your property, at least CAT6 ethernet (good enough for gigabit speeds or faster).
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 04:02:22 PM

bitcoin goes to the moon. for sure. this youtuber will send 30 btc up to the moon with a rocket:

https://cryptonews.com/news/major-youtuber-mrbeast-wants-to-sent-bitcoin-to-the-moon-lit-9001.htm

earthlings can have fun staying poor...

imagine this stash when btc price is north of $1mio. folks will get itchy to go to the moon and collect this stash...

"moon price" of bitcoin will be reached when price is high enough to make it profitable to collect this moon/btc bounty...  Cheesy

aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 04:02:58 PM

Aren't you dollar rich, now ?

Everything is relative. We have enough to live happily ever after.

With this ranch Rick and I are looking to buy, I've decided I'm going to try for "eccentric interracial gay couple builds private race track, cattle pasture, slaughterhouse, corn farm, apiary, Citadel, and private airport in the middle of Nowhere, TX" levels of lunacy, to dip my toe into that whole experience.

EDIT: Also, gonna build fucking terraces everywhere, goddamnit.

No island for you then ?
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3003

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 04:19:09 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (3), vapourminer (1)

How about some solar there-would provide a trickle (or a flood) of corn that would pay for the upkeep? js
I am not into farms myself, but sounds like an exciting venture.

Have already discussed devoting an entire acre to a solar array. Plans to dig our own well system. Set up a few huge-ass industrial size wind-farm propellors in the cattle pasture...

The idea is to be 100% self sufficient on the property, and actually pump excess energy back out to the local grid.

Hoping the agent gives us some sort of indication on the state of negotiations any time now. Low-balled 'em, and Rick is concerned they were offended with my initial offer. Dude worries too much "OK. So they get offended. I offer more money. What is the big deal ?"

Dude is such a diva. Needs to learn to relax. Trying to wrap up hand-off of his work to other teams before he announces his resignation in February, so he's kinda stressed out more than usual lately. Bleh.

IT jobs are just stressful. If some are not, most of them are for sure.
Some people become even restless after quitting their IT jobs, because their "system" doesn't know where to put the higher alert level awareness that they got used to in this business. It sucks, but it keeps you alive and able to compete in this area. One needs to progressively learn to relax in the first place, or substance abuse or chronic stress (or both) become daily companions. Get him to stick his nose into Yoga.

No island for you then ?

Lose all to a fucking tsunami or get home invaded by pirates? Are u nuts?  Shocked

Not joking: Sea levels rise. No future with islands.

You will still want to install hard wire cables on your property, at least CAT6 ethernet (good enough for gigabit speeds or faster).

And fibreglass linked switches everywhere!
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 04:46:24 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (4)

We went already break through the bottom!

So we have to paint new line somehow ... at least people how knows about TA should do it Cheesy

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12036

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 04:55:21 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (4), Torque (1), ivomm (1), OutOfMemory (1), strawbs (1)

cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 7741

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 05:16:55 PM

guys, which one of you did this woman break up with today? Grin

https://twitter.com/binance/status/1354087183578181632
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 05:20:23 PM

Holding Bitcoin is no excuse to sit on your lazy ass all day.

Although ...  Roll Eyes
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 7992

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 05:20:54 PM

guys, which one of you did this woman break up with today? Grin

https://twitter.com/binance/status/1354087183578181632

Dude almost didnt get the message with only 2% battery left.  Lucky bastard!
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 06:06:02 PM

The thing that used to annoy me most about conventional corporate wage-slavery was the 9-5 hours, specifically the 9 part. We all know that some people are morning people, some are night owls. I'm definitely the latter.  No less productive, just more productive in the evening than mornings.  Yet employers insist that everyone starts at 09.00. There was hardly any point me starting work at that time, I had no ability to focus until at least 12.00.  And just when my focus was starting to really come together at 17.30, it was time to go home. Ridiculous working system reflecting a bygone era

And why is it always seen as a virtue to be a morning person, yet it's assumed that night owls just sit around watching TV or playing video games late into the night?

And busy-ness - why is that seen as a virtue? There seems to be an underlying assumption that the busier a person is, the more virtuous they are. Why is so little value attached to making time to do nothing, to think, to slow down and to ponder the big questions?

If I get a solid 8 hours sleep I'm good for the next 16 hours - doesn't matter what time it is.

It takes time to adjust though and it's not something that should be changed on a regular basis.

It's always 9am somewhere in the world....
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 06:20:09 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2021, 06:44:52 PM by Torque
Merited by strawbs (1), greensheep (1)

this, basically. i always had enough hobbies and interests to never be bored working or not. and you may find areas of interest that you never would of though of once you dont need to keep someone elses schedule. once your time is truly yours and not someone elses you might be surprised where your wanderings take you. i havent worked for years and never have had more fun and new interests. its vastly more satisfying to invest your time into your projects rather than try to fit your lifestyle around some corporations daily schedule.

The thing that used to annoy me most about conventional corporate wage-slavery was the 9-5 hours, specifically the 9 part. We all know that some people are morning people, some are night owls. I'm definitely the latter.  No less productive, just more productive in the evening than mornings.  Yet employers insist that everyone starts at 09.00. There was hardly any point me starting work at that time, I had no ability to focus until at least 12.00.  And just when my focus was starting to really come together at 17.30, it was time to go home. Ridiculous working system reflecting a bygone era

And why is it always seen as a virtue to be a morning person, yet it's assumed that night owls just sit around watching TV or playing video games late into the night?

And busy-ness - why is that seen as a virtue? There seems to be an underlying assumption that the busier a person is, the more virtuous they are. Why is so little value attached to making time to do nothing, to think, to slow down and to ponder the big questions?

If you ever spend any significant time around mid-level managers, VPs, or C-Level executives (or if you are unlucky enough to be one yourself), you see how their entire workday is just slammed full of meetings. Meetings meetings meetings. And boy do they ever love to go to meetings, and talk and pontificate about pointless shit. All day, every day. And they view this as "productive time", as "work". But of course it's not actual work, because they never have any real action items to actually *produce* something from the outcomes of all these meetings (except for more fucking slide decks, lol). They are not the ones that actually have to go off and produce something tangible, it's all the worker-bees that do the actual work.

That's why executives, VPs, and mid-level managers can go home at 5 or early, workout, eat well, enjoy being with their family, get a good nights sleep, and get paid lots of money... because they never really have to take actual "work" home with them, or stress about it after hours or on the weekends. They are not really on the hook for getting the real work done. And they are totally fine with that. Why do you think they are smiling and laughing all the time?

Once I figured out that's how the corporate world works, I couldn't wait to get out. What a total waste of my brainpower dealing with all that crap.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 07:24:46 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Damn bawb if your telling him to relax then he better take a few quaaludes! Wink
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2781
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 07:31:58 PM

Of course the MSM has been dead silent about this. Gotta push those expensive vaccines.

The vaccines cost a few dollars per shot.

This is a false (fraudulent?) economy. There are many downsides to vaccines and those costs are externalised ... in fact big pharma makes sure of that by getting governments to sign water-tight liability waivers. dyodd.

There are many downsides to getting fucking COVID, too.

... those costs are on the Chinese Commie Lab that leaked it out ... if you're counting.

Yeah there are downsides to everything, there's a calculable chance of you getting hit by a lightning, or getting killed by your fridge right now, or for every single one of your atoms to spontaneously transfer behind a wall. I believe that's why most of us are here, we're able to do a cost/benefit analysis. Amongst others, the ultimate downsides of COVID is death, now everyone needs to consider the chances of dying from the vaccine vs COVID. Of course there are tons of additional unknown risks that should be considered, but those exists on both sides (and are highly speculative until we have more data). Calculations are not the same for everyone and highly personalized, if you're 90 short term consequences should be of much higher concern vs say if you're 18yrs old
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4892

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 07:36:33 PM

Once I figured out that's how the corporate world works, I couldn't wait to get out. What a total waste of my brainpower dealing with all that crap.

I only did about a decade of corporate slavery but because I never searched it out nor cared (GE called me out of the blue and offered me a position I couldn't turn down) I never had a day of stress in the corporate world because of zero fear of surviving without them. As an example one day I was writing an online resume because we were getting acquired and the director walked into my office and saw it and asked what I was doing and I told him we were getting bought so I was getting ready and did he want me to do one for him while I was at it. He laughed and said no but the next day they called me in to HR and gave me a 3.5% raise.
strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 07:38:24 PM
Merited by 600watt (1)

bitcoin goes to the moon. for sure. this youtuber will send 30 btc up to the moon with a rocket:

https://cryptonews.com/news/major-youtuber-mrbeast-wants-to-sent-bitcoin-to-the-moon-lit-9001.htm

earthlings can have fun staying poor...

imagine this stash when btc price is north of $1mio. folks will get itchy to go to the moon and collect this stash...

"moon price" of bitcoin will be reached when price is high enough to make it profitable to collect this moon/btc bounty...  Cheesy

https://www.space.com/nasa-chief-moon-landing-2024-costs.html

"NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine told Senate appropriators... that while the administration is not yet ready to release a revised budget that accommodates an accelerated [2024] human lunar landing program, the costs will not be as high as some rumors."

"He downplayed reports, though, that claimed NASA would seek an additional $8 billion a year for five years. "I will tell you that is not accurate," he said. "It is nowhere close to that amount. But I don't want to throw out a number until we have gone through the process with OMB and the National Space Council."

"Speculation has focused on a smaller, but still significant, increase of about $3 billion to $5 billion a year."

So, let's assume it costs $4b a year for five years = $20b to achieve a moon landing.

For 30btc to be worth $20b, one btc would be worth $666 million. At that price, a moon landing expedition to recover those bitcoins would break even.

So....official moon price is anything over $666 million. Nice and easy to remember and pretty fitting, given the old battles for $666.

#OtherNumbersAreAvailable
#OnlyMarginallyBetterThanPluckingNumbersFromMyAss
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 08:21:47 PM

And fibreglass linked switches everywhere!

Did you mean fiber optic? That may work, you could check out their air fiber things, they allow you to connect one point to another up to 22 miles away (you'd need to set up little towers on both ends). That would be your own backhaul.

But one location can handle a bunch of CAT6 cables just fine.

If you ever spend any significant time around mid-level managers, VPs, or C-Level executives (or if you are unlucky enough to be one yourself), you see how their entire workday is just slammed full of meetings. Meetings meetings meetings. And boy do they ever love to go to meetings, and talk and pontificate about pointless shit. All day, every day. And they view this as "productive time", as "work". But of course it's not actual work, because they never have any real action items to actually *produce* something from the outcomes of all these meetings (except for more fucking slide decks, lol). They are not the ones that actually have to go off and produce something tangible, it's all the worker-bees that do the actual work.

That's why executives, VPs, and mid-level managers can go home at 5 or early, workout, eat well, enjoy being with their family, get a good nights sleep, and get paid lots of money... because they never really have to take actual "work" home with them, or stress about it after hours or on the weekends. They are not really on the hook for getting the real work done. And they are totally fine with that. Why do you think they are smiling and laughing all the time?

It's not all like that. Maybe in the bigger corporations maybe. The smaller ones, we actually do some work, even if there are a lot of meetings. I was at VP level about 5 years ago (in a small company in a 3rd world country), then I decided I wanted to do my own thing. I was the IT Manager type who did all the network cabling too, LOL, and set up a computer semi-manually every week. No real servers. It was that small.

Before I left, I set up a single 24 port switch for them, and I think it died last year. (I'm sure they replaced it with something else, the guys I left there to run the IT dept knew what they were doing.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 08:57:34 PM

he he..GME is up 94.4% today....pushed up by a billionaire who bought calls on this. LOL
EDIT:
well, btctalk takes so long to post...only 85% now  Roll Eyes
btc is an island of stability comparing with this "madness"
TSLA would probably be up or down 200 points tomorrow.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2021, 09:14:59 PM

this, basically. i always had enough hobbies and interests to never be bored working or not. and you may find areas of interest that you never would of though of once you dont need to keep someone elses schedule. once your time is truly yours and not someone elses you might be surprised where your wanderings take you. i havent worked for years and never have had more fun and new interests. its vastly more satisfying to invest your time into your projects rather than try to fit your lifestyle around some corporations daily schedule.

This. So true. I also used to work for a corporation and I've never understood those meetings. What's the point? What a total waste of time you could have used to do some actual work! Worked there for about 3 years and I must admit I haven't participated in a single meeting that would result in a (tangible or intangible) outcome, action or product. And guess what? The higher level manager there was the more meetings he had. Head of our department had EXCLUSIVELY ONLY meetings on his timetable.  Grin 
Pages: « 1 ... 27885 27886 27887 27888 27889 27890 27891 27892 27893 27894 27895 27896 27897 27898 27899 27900 27901 27902 27903 27904 27905 27906 27907 27908 27909 27910 27911 27912 27913 27914 27915 27916 27917 27918 27919 27920 27921 27922 27923 27924 27925 27926 27927 27928 27929 27930 27931 27932 27933 27934 [27935] 27936 27937 27938 27939 27940 27941 27942 27943 27944 27945 27946 27947 27948 27949 27950 27951 27952 27953 27954 27955 27956 27957 27958 27959 27960 27961 27962 27963 27964 27965 27966 27967 27968 27969 27970 27971 27972 27973 27974 27975 27976 27977 27978 27979 27980 27981 27982 27983 27984 27985 ... 33322 »
  Print  

Jump to: