May 07, 2024, 10:01:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28560 28561 28562 28563 28564 28565 28566 28567 28568 28569 28570 28571 28572 28573 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 28587 28588 28589 28590 28591 28592 28593 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 [28610] 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 28624 28625 28626 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 ... 33329 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373358 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12055

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:00:29 PM

So Zuckerberg is a nothingburger  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2056
Merit: 1188

Never selling

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:09:22 PM

Doing my daily look at the mempool and the damn thing is near empty. 1 sat fees are now being processed now, so a great time to make some transactions.

Curious about ETH strength of late, I take a look at their mempool. Full, massivily full, and has been since the start of this year. Of course high fees are the norm but I think what this also says is that there is a tonne of consistant demand out there on their network, BTC looks like a ghost town in comparison. Now I realise this is because their network is clogged up with all sorts of silly shit (and BTC hash has increased), but if this demand is maintained (and I'm sure no one here wants to hear this), we have to consider the very likely possibility that ETH will eventually beat out BTC for the number one spot.

Yes ETH is a centralized shitcoin and a mess in so many ways, but nobody seems to care about that. The attitude is "well they'll solve all those problems with future updates". Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Either way I don't think it matters. ETH has their network effect, just like BTC does, there will be no ETH killer, but with all the extra shit that is flooding their network as time goes on, how could it not beat BTC, the digital gold that everyone just hodls but doesn't do much else with.

I won't be investing in it, but also don't want to be disappointed when (if) it does unseat BTC. I don't think it will be able to take BTC place this cycle either, but next on, maybe.

I hope I am wrong.

Everybody can see the scam, yet all the so called "crypto" podcasters are ignoring it, and not just the shitcoin pumpers and dumpers podcasters.

Binance bought "Coinmarketcap" to control the MSM of price of every shitcoin and altcoin created. Even the BITCOIN price relies on this shit website, yet all the alleged Bitcoin OG'S and the shitcoin pumpers and dumpers don't say a word about this cluster fuck!, I wonder why that is?

I did not know Binance bought CMC, but holy shit that fits in with all the pumps that are coming out of that place. It is my belief that a lot of these pumps are being made via direct manipulation of the markets by Binance itself. The volumes out of there for these shitcoins make zero sense when you compare them to BTC size.

Something is rotten over there at Binance I'm sure of it.
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:11:29 PM

So Zuckerberg is a nothingburger  Roll Eyes

It's because he said Bitcoin. Retail doesn't care about that anymore. Or more likely the markets are being manipulated by pieces of shit like Binance.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:13:52 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Yes ETH is a centralized shitcoin and a mess in so many ways, but nobody seems to care about that. The attitude is "well they'll solve all those problems with future updates". Maybe they will, maybe they won't. Either way I don't think it matters. ETH has their network effect, just like BTC does, there will be no ETH killer, but with all the extra shit that is flooding their network as time goes on, how could it not beat BTC, the digital gold that everyone just hodls but doesn't do much else with.

I won't be investing in it, but also don't want to be disappointed when (if) it does unseat BTC. I don't think it will be able to take BTC place this cycle either, but next on, maybe.

If you think that a centralized mess of a shitcoin with a 90M pre-mine and currently $50-500 transaction fees will ever "overtake" BTC, then you are delusional. And POS will be a big fail.
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:17:48 PM

If you think that a centralized mess of a shitcoin with a 90M pre-mine and currently $50-500 transaction fees will ever "overtake" BTC, then you are delusional. And POS will be a big fail.

It does make you wonder where the term "smart money" comes from?
Doesn't seem that smart to me.
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:25:15 PM

Don't underestimate the stupidity of the sheeple.

It does make you wonder where the term "smart money" comes from?
Doesn't seem that smart to me.

That's the problem, it's not smart, never was. It's also greedy and likes to cheat.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2903

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:27:18 PM

Doing my daily look at the mempool and the damn thing is near empty. 1 sat fees are now being processed now, so a great time to make some transactions.

Curious about ETH strength of late, I take a look at their mempool. Full, massivily full, and has been since the start of this year. Of course high fees are the norm but I think what this also says is that there is a tonne of consistant demand out there on their network, BTC looks like a ghost town in comparison. Now I realise this is because their network is clogged up with all sorts of silly shit (and BTC hash has increased), but if this demand is maintained (and I'm sure no one here wants to hear this), we have to consider the very likely possibility that ETH will eventually beat out BTC for the number one spot.

I hope I am wrong.
I hope and think you are. Technically, Bitcoin is superior. Eth is a clusterfuck of gas, pre-mine and upcoming PoS (no, that doesn't mean piece of sh**, although it might be construed to). Bitcoin is getting taproot and rootstock. There are already the first attempts of sidechains for DeFi, for those who want to do that. Eth might get to 10k all right. I want to see where btc will be when/if that happens.

Honey badger really doesn't give AF.
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:40:11 PM

I hope I am wrong.
I hope and think you are. Technically, Bitcoin is superior. Eth is a clusterfuck of gas, pre-mine and upcoming PoS (no, that doesn't mean piece of sh**, although it might be construed to). Bitcoin is getting taproot and rootstock. There are already the first attempts of sidechains for DeFi, for those who want to do that. Eth might get to 10k all right. I want to see where btc will be when/if that happens.

See, while Bitcoin is superior and is/will be able to do everything ETH can do and more. ETH was the first out of the gate (at least in terms of effective marketing) with this stuff. So does their network effect negate Bitcoin's better offerings???

I hope people aren't that stupid, but, well you've seen how the world operates. Stupid is a dominant chain of thought.
MERlT

Activity: 162
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:49:34 PM

I hope I am wrong.

Everybody can see the scam, yet all the so called "crypto" podcasters are ignoring it, and not just the shitcoin pumpers and dumpers podcasters.

Binance bought "Coinmarketcap" to control the MSM of price of every shitcoin and altcoin created. Even the BITCOIN price relies on this shit website, yet all the alleged Bitcoin OG'S and the shitcoin pumpers and dumpers don't say a word about this cluster fuck!, I wonder why that is?

I did not know Binance bought CMC, but holy shit that fits in with all the pumps that are coming out of that place. It is my belief that a lot of these pumps are being made via direct manipulation of the markets by Binance itself. The volumes out of there for these shitcoins make zero sense when you compare them to BTC size.

It's all coming from Binance.... does anybody know where this exchange is based?Huh, I mean apparently it's allegedly the largest Crypto Exchange in the world, .........I'll wait?Huh?
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:53:06 PM

I hope I am wrong.

I am not worried.
Eth will undergo massive problems with the London Hard Fork and miners could get angry if losing the multi billion dollar mining gains.
Good luck vitalik.
Bitcoin, doesn't care
somac.
Legendary

Never selling

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 01:31:02 PM

I hope I am wrong.

It's all coming from Binance.... does anybody know where this exchange is based?Huh, I mean apparently it's allegedly the largest Crypto Exchange in the world, .........I'll wait?Huh?

Isn't it a Chinese exchange run offshore.

Edit: from the wiki

Binance was founded by Changpeng Zhao, a developer who had previously created high frequency trading software. Binance was initially based in China, but later moved out of China due to China's increasing regulation of cryptocurrency.

These guys are as dodgy as Bitmex, remember when the SEC got onto them and the Barts ceased and then the BTC price went up and never looked back. Binance has taken over their role I suspect. It makes you wonder if these exchanges get pressured by certain authorities to use there opaqueness to prevent BTC growth.

Takes tin foil hat off.
MERlT

Activity: 162
Merit: 32

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 01:40:01 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I hope I am wrong.

Isn't it a Chinese exchange run offshore.

Have you read the book "The Emperors new Clothes" ? similar story about Binance..... it' doesn't exist.

Binance utilising the aid of "Coinmarketcap" is delivering a cluster fuck to the so called "crypto" "blockchain" space ....I hope the Honey Badger doesn't give a fuck. However! the legacy banking cabal, and their MSM filth will have a field day.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 01:52:16 PM

It looks like all markets in the US are down on the news that inflation was at 3.4% yesterday.

This means that there will be pressure on the Fed to stop their Bitcoin pumping scheme by cutting back on their monthly spending and eventually raise rates.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 01:56:20 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2021, 02:11:08 PM by eXPHorizon

I smell a Cuntonian...
Have you ever heard about Kathleen's bike?

I love to see People who matter (Cryptonians/Kryptonians) being mentioned. Even if its a Typo as you typo up there with the Cunt but its ok. Its them who put Crypto on a path you see today. Deny it or not doesnt matter. The masses who were there know the truth Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzQ8ZAMF4eM

0:51- 1:10
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2903

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 02:01:06 PM

I smell a Cuntonian...
Have you ever heard about Kathleen's bike?

I love to see People who matter (Cryptonians/Kryptonians) being mentioned. Even if its a Typo as you typo up there with the Cunt but its ok. Its them who put Crypto on a path you see today. Deny it or not doesnt matter. The masses who were there know the truth Cheesy

My sense of smell hasn't failed me yet.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 02:18:48 PM

It looks like all markets in the US are down on the news that inflation was at 3.4% yesterday.

This means that there will be pressure on the Fed to stop their Bitcoin pumping scheme by cutting back on their monthly spending and eventually raise rates.

Yeah, but we all know they won't in either regard.

They are trapped between 1.5-2% range in interest rates. Completely trapped.

They will keep printing, and announce YCC to the world and act like they are saving markets from out of control inflation. But it'll keep rising, especially in assets.

The billionaire talking heads will keep spouting "market bubble" and "potential selloff", all the while continuing to buy buy buy the stock market. It'll keep hitting ATH after ATH.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 02:46:49 PM

Weird: If inflation is high why wouldn't people be rushing to shove their worthless dollars into Bitcoin ATMs?
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 02:49:44 PM

They will keep printing, and announce YCC to the world and act like they are saving markets from out of control inflation. But it'll keep rising, especially in assets.

The billionaire talking heads will keep spouting "market bubble" and "potential selloff", all the while continuing to buy buy buy the stock market. It'll keep hitting ATH after ATH.

Is the problem money is being printed or demand+debt is at insane levels. Everyone coming out of this pandemic wants a new house, horse, and hooker so I would expect the prices for these (limited, although onlyfans will supply an endless stream of hookers) assets would rise regardless of current monetary supply.

The real fun comes if people can tap debt once again to bid up the prices of goods. Then we have 2004-2008 all over again where those of us with money are constantly outbid by people who are using debt to mortgage their houses, cars, souls, kids, and whatnot. Bad financial choices wind up driving out the good.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7858

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 02:54:54 PM

Labels.
I am at retirement age and in my youth I am sure people suffered from the same ailments as people do today.
Its just that today everyone seems to need a label for a particular behaviour as if by having one seems to justify said behaviour.
Meh. What do I know, I am just an old bloke on the internet (I don't have a label).

It's not just labels. It's fashionable now. Young people brag about it.

Like in that viral CIA 'woke' recruitment video the woman claims "I'm diagnosed with ...!" like it's a badge of honor.

I think you are now legendary material. As I topped you off with 17 merits.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 03:01:43 PM

I hope I am wrong.

What I wonder is why people don't just shift their loads to ETC. Same network with some integrity.
Pages: « 1 ... 28560 28561 28562 28563 28564 28565 28566 28567 28568 28569 28570 28571 28572 28573 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 28581 28582 28583 28584 28585 28586 28587 28588 28589 28590 28591 28592 28593 28594 28595 28596 28597 28598 28599 28600 28601 28602 28603 28604 28605 28606 28607 28608 28609 [28610] 28611 28612 28613 28614 28615 28616 28617 28618 28619 28620 28621 28622 28623 28624 28625 28626 28627 28628 28629 28630 28631 28632 28633 28634 28635 28636 28637 28638 28639 28640 28641 28642 28643 28644 28645 28646 28647 28648 28649 28650 28651 28652 28653 28654 28655 28656 28657 28658 28659 28660 ... 33329 »
  Print  

Jump to: