May 08, 2024, 04:55:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29639 29640 29641 29642 29643 29644 29645 29646 29647 29648 29649 29650 29651 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 [29689] 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 ... 33332 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373767 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2021, 06:14:58 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

What is it with Fridays and dips?
It used to be the last Friday of the month, now it's every bleedin Friday.

The guy who decides the Bitcoin price is a new guy. He really has no idea how this is supposed to go. :/  Tongue

Link or it did not happen.

Angry Angry Angry Angry

https://www.coindesk.com/business/2021/11/12/sec-rejects-van-ecks-spot-bitcoin-etf-proposal/
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 06:19:00 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

So when NEW poll??

Is S2F   98k close November going to happen
Yes or No ….

You asked for it  Wink

Here are the old poll results, for posterity or whatever:

gallianooo

Activity: 678
Merit: 346

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 06:20:34 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (3)

Guess he has realised his price target this month isn't going to be anywhere near close.

$93k does seem to be a bit of a stretch to be calling that a kind of "worse-case scenario" for November (as he called that in July/August time-frame) .. .bitcoin no does not seem to work like that... but hey, we still have around 18 days for the month to close out - as had already been mentioned by a couple of posters.

Just one thing in my mind...

Nobody talked/talk here about the release of 140K BTC from Mtgox (should be very soon) ?

I assume it doesn't change the long term view on BTC... But into this bull market cycle (still quite calm and not so explosive as many expected/expect till now) , I am curious to see how the market can react at least on a short time view. Some drop again? 52K? 42K?

I do agree that there would likely be a decent amount of selling pressure from the MTGOX release of 140k BTC, and even though we likely do not know all of the details, there are a certain number of those coins that would be getting released to third-party entities who have bought those coins off of the original account holders, so a certain number of those coins would be sold - whether such sales are attempted strategically to NOT move the market or are attempted in ways to push the BTC price down is still to be found out. 

On a personal level, I am not very concerned about the BTC market NOT being able to absorb such coins, and I doubt that there is any major fear for $52k or $42k, even though those price could happen as well.  Whether bitcoin is transitioned from its current bull market (or even inability to meaningfully pass through noman's land) to a bear market is also a possibility, but seems to be on the minority side - at least at this time... In other words, I will believe it when I see it (if I see it).

On another level, of course if we ever start to witness what seems to be any kind of meaningful reversal in momentum, that is going to be attempted to be played as maximally as possible to attempt to scare additional HODLers out of their coins.. so surely, if extreme corrections can be accomplished based on all of the circumstances to couple both psychological factors with actual physical dumpening of coins, then we are not going to put it past the bearwhales to play such card(s) to as much of an extent as they are able to accomplish.

On the other hand, we have all the positive fondamental from the BTC side : ETF, GAFA owning BTC (corporate or individuals), legal tenders started in Central-South America... And if we are honest, on 2015 or 2017 we even didn't think about these points. So should be VERY bullish now IMHO.

HODL.

WE also have various BTC price prediction models of stock to flow, four year fractal and exponential s-curve adoption based on networking effects and Metcalfe principles that would suggest that we have not experienced any kind of significant or meaningful blow off top, yet... so having the 56% correction in May/June/July and then revisiting the ATH.. seems to lend quite a bit of credibility that the UPside movement of this here little party cycle has not quite come close to playing its course, yet...   So those kinds of factors should be taken into account, including the fact that experiencing 10% to 15% to more than 30% corrections (even during the upside portions) of a bull market exponential UPpity price periods has not been unusual happenings in bitcoinlandia.. even to shake out a decent number of weakeling and whiny hands along the way.. and sure the smarter of them might just shave a little off in order to not be too overloaded in BTC, but for sure, there are always a decent number who end up selling too much too soon.. and speculating that they sold at or near the top when then end up selling somewhere below 50% (and sometimes even 25% or lower) of what ends up being the actual top, so when bitcoin goes the remainder of its way UPpity, they have either no coins or hardly any coins to sell on the way up.  Happens every cycle, even to some seemingly smart HODLers.

I am mostly agree with you. The only point I am not agree is : there is a big difference between doing 10-15% or 30%+ corrections in a bull market BECAUSE we had a huge upside before. Of course we had these kind of down in the previous bull market cycles but we made at the same time much higher multiple of BTC price.

What I see on this run is that we go up quite slowly (and smaller multiple) BUT we make  the same % of correction than the previous more explosives bullrun.

What I see too (and probably the good part) is there isn't any FOMO yet, we made very shy new ATH and we are staying not so far on the previous one. Should be strange to TOP the bull market on this kind of situation (even if we never know). Don't know if it's relevant, even the google trend (worldwide) on Bitcoin keyword is still very low.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2021, 06:22:20 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2021, 07:43:44 PM by goldkingcoiner

So when NEW poll??

Is S2F   98k close November going to happen
Yes or No ….

You asked for it  Wink

Here are the old poll results, for posterity or whatever:

My dude. This is not a yes or no question.  Tongue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG_8Vxm0Dzs
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7862

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2021, 06:23:35 PM

So when NEW poll??

Yes or No ….

Maybe  Grin
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 06:24:18 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

To all those that love to say “boomer”

watch this movie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063808/

and stfu 😊

and while you are at it watch this one

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048545/

boomer fucking “morons”

biden
 trump

bush
clinton

are and were not boomers.

yeah so far only one boomer prez

obama

btw

he is still the only president younger than me.  which makes sense.

I have nothing against boomers, and abhor that phrase.  Almost a boomer myself.  Cusp.  But on the GenX side.  We are a sarcastic generation.

And cynical.

One day the millennials will also be sarcastic and cynical.

It is called growing up.
Farmer Bill

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 06:56:27 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2)

Nobody talked/talk here about the release of 140K BTC from Mtgox (should be very soon) ?

I assume it doesn't change the long term view on BTC... But into this bull market cycle (still quite calm and not so explosive as many expected/expect till now) , I am curious to see how the market can react at least on a short time view. Some drop again? 52K? 42K?

On the other hand, we have all the positive fondamental from the BTC side : ETF, GAFA owning BTC (corporate or individuals), legal tenders started in Central-South America... And if we are honest, on 2015 or 2017 we even didn't think about these points. So should be VERY bullish now IMHO.

HODL.

This has been at the back of my mind too.

I had an account at Gox but withdrew my coins before withdrawals were stopped.

I did consider at the very end to deposit $100 for a punt as this would have bought 1 BTC when market price was several times that. Had I done so my recompense today in fiat terms would be a nice windfall.

I think most Gox customers would be people like me, I'd take the settlement in BTC and put in in my cold wallet.

For those taking settlement in fiat I imagine the trustees, not wanting to collapse the market, (like they did when some BTC were sold to pay the insolvency administrators) would seek an OTC solution. I'm sure major players are aware of the situation.

There is about $9 billion to disburse, which will be spread over a fairly long timeline, of course it will affect the market but probably not by that much.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:01:24 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:12:14 PM
Merited by Richy_T (1), Farmer Bill (1)

To all those that love to say “boomer”

watch this movie

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063808/

and stfu 😊

and while you are at it watch this one

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048545/

boomer fucking “morons”

biden
 trump

bush
clinton

are and were not boomers.

yeah so far only one boomer prez

obama

btw

he is still the only president younger than me.  which makes sense.

I have nothing against boomers, and abhor that phrase.  Almost a boomer myself.  Cusp.  But on the GenX side.  We are a sarcastic generation.

And cynical.

One day the millennials will also be sarcastic and cynical.

It is called growing up.

Perhaps so... We GenXers got to that place a little early I think... 

A fav link for me:

https://babylonbee.com/news/nations-gen-xers-announce-plan-to-just-sit-back-and-enjoy-watching-boomers-millennials-tear-each-other-to-shreds
Macadonian

Activity: 467
Merit: 578

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:42:10 PM
Merited by Westingcote (2)

You better go, mom is calling you for lunch, don't spend Friday's pocket money all at once, you could buy a few Satoshis with it. $63k is a great time to buy. Go on do it, or I'll be reminding you again at $90k.
Unironically this is the best advice on this topic right now. For a long time we have been seeing dips on Fridays and if history continues to repeat itself then using your pocket money for a couple of satoshi's might be worth it.  

What I see too (and probably the good part) is there isn't any FOMO yet, we made very shy new ATH and we are staying not so far on the previous one. Should be strange to TOP the bull market on this kind of situation (even if we never know). Don't know if it's relevant, even the google trend (worldwide) on Bitcoin keyword is still very low.
We need some big news to push it further that is the only way we will get the FOMO factor. Most news sites are not talking about Bitcoin either.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10221

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:55:42 PM
Merited by Macadonian (3), AlcoHoDL (1)

[edited out]

I am mostly agree with you. The only point I am not agree is : there is a big difference between doing 10-15% or 30%+ corrections in a bull market BECAUSE we had a huge upside before.

Of course, I am not wedded to any kind of scenario, but you seem to be the one that is more emphasizing upon some kinds of scenarios are not within the realm of because this time is different or some kind of nonsense (or presumption) like that.

Sure, we might have differing presumptions about where we are at exactly, and my description has been that we have been largely been in a bull cycle since about April 2019 - which was largely confirmed in May 2019... so there have been a lot of ups and downs in that 2.5 year timeframe, and surely I will concede that you want to focus upon where we are at currently and attempt to analyze whether we might be in an exponential upwards phase or if that exponential upwards phase had already happened and therefore we might be topping or not able to recover from various 15% to 30% recoveries because the 4-year fractal timeframe is running out.. 

Even if I have not characterized your argument adequately or fairly, I am still going to assert that there seems to be some attempts at putting limits on king daddy in terms of what is possible and you seem to be wanting to fight the various BTC price models to assign higher probabilities to downside (such as your suggestion that $52k or $42k is even decently likely) than what I would consider to be reasonable in terms of both my consideration that we are in an upwards price pressure posture including being in noman's land which largely gives some presumptions to $80k having high chances of being reached before $52k.., and yeah for sure nothing is inevitable or for sure and maybe even the odds are not very high that $80k would be reached before $52k.. in the ballpark of 53/47?  or some other weighing of odds rather than proclaiming matters with high levels of certainty.

Of course we had these kind of down in the previous bull market cycles but we made at the same time much higher multiple of BTC price.

I doubt that bitcoin is limited in any kind of meaningful sense based on these kinds of assertions.. sure instead of getting 100x in 1-2 years like in 2013 or 78x in 2-3 years like 2017 we might only be capable of some smaller numbers, such as 50x.. and yeah we might already be well over 16x if we might be counting $4,200-ish as our 2019 starting point (or surely we could have different assessments regarding what is reasonable or feasible based on starting from different price points.. and some peeps might argue that $10k is our reasonable starting point or the previous ATH of $20k as reasonable starting off points, and I personally would claim that those higher number starting off points are not really representative of a more reasonable starting off point that would more likely be somewhere in the sub $10ks such as using bottom prices or even bases in which it could be argued that the current run started).

By the way, I also would suggest that this time does not even seem that much different in terms of outlining limitations because of some of the macrofactors involving money printing or even the level of financialization that bitcoin has been experiencing in recent times and further supported by some of the BIGGER players increasingly getting into the bitcoin space and making fundamental assessments of the solidity of bitcoin's investment thesis compared with other asset classes.

What I see on this run is that we go up quite slowly (and smaller multiple) BUT we make  the same % of correction than the previous more explosives bullrun.

Sure you are free to come to whatever assessment that you like in terms of what you believe to be in the short to medium term bitcoin cards, yet from my perspective you seem to be both bearish on the upside and seemingly failing/refusing to give sufficient accounting for various seemingly credible BTC price projection models that would not give too much weight to either the top already being in or that we have already gone through our exponential price rise period for this cycle.. and sure I am repeating myself on this aspect and sure you seem to be downplaying such exponential upside potential for this cycle.

I could also proclaim that bitcoin does not work in the way that you seem to be ascribing because 1) we already had a hell of a pretty large price correction with the 56% correction and 2) large corrections become mostly justifiably likely when large upside has also happened... but hey, do what you like in terms of spinning your own model, even if some folks, including yours truly, would consider such a model to be a wee bit detached from how bitcoin works even while I would concede that anything is possible, even if I consider you to be describing a less likely scenario while suggesting that you consider such a scenario to be amongst the more likely of scenarios.

Ok fair enough... we do seem to agree on this part.. and in that regard maybe at minimum each of us would conclude that something like a doubling of the current top (which would be something like $130k-ish) would have decent chances of happening for this cycle and we have not seen a kind of crazy-ass price moves, yet.  Surely, I have reservations to presume anything too crazy in terms of tops, either, so I will grant that my assignment of probabilities does get increasingly less and less as we go up the spectrum of price possibilities.. but seems that I am a bit more receptive than you to some of the upside possibilities.. and you are likely assigning more weight than me to downside probabilities.

Accordingly, at this time, I probably have not moved very much off of my probability estimations from about 5 days ago (quoted below for ease of reference)...

Do you think we will see a 200K BTC within the next 4-5 months? I'm not so sure.

I hardly have any clue.  Recently, I have provided my assignments of probabilities both in terms of price and in terms of timeline in the below two linked posts.. and sure even I might waffle from time to time, and reserve the right to change my opinion from time to time, too.  

This post that I made about Price from about 8 days ago:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg58307876#msg58307876

My post about price puts supra $200k at about 30.5% for this cycle, but it does not put the end of the cycle at 4-5 months.. but suggests a 95% chance that the end of the cycle would happen by the 3rd quarter of 2022.

This post that I made about time from a few days ago:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5346118.msg58346117#msg58346117

Furthermore, I stated in that post that I have about a 77.5% expectation that the cycle would end before the 2nd quarter of 2022... but what the fuck do I know.. I am just doing my best to put probabilities on various events.
cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 7804

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2021, 07:57:10 PM

So when NEW poll??

Yes or No ….

just hodl - and all is good Cool
Farmer Bill

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 07:57:39 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), Westingcote (1)

That upgrade to fikka in a hipster joint has got to you.
No more cheap delicacies for you at the discount store.

What is going on in Sweden with the director of finance supervisory authority and the lapdog in environment protection agency trying to get the EU to ban bitcoin. Because energy use might see Sweden fail to meet its climate nonsense target.

Seems more to be that Swedes are keeping cash in their microwaves rather than in the bank at negative interest rates that is worrying the financial guy Erik Thedéen.

So in future we might be saying Sweden bans Bitcoin again! All panic.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 08:01:24 PM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 08:53:55 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), Farmer Bill (1)

HODL.

140K coins is not even half of the supply of a year of the current halvening cycle.
About as many coins as are "supplied" by mining are leaving exchanges, sometomes even more, according to on-chain analysis, IIRC.
I put "supplied" under quotes, because miners are also accumulating for future sales, so these coins might get on the market in the future, or not.
Also, i consider the typical MtGox customer as a hodler, so i doubt that every single released coin will be dumped for filthy fiat.

Even if my opinion might have flaws:
We'll see. For me it will be an opportunity to throw spare fiat at low bitcoin prices.

If you survived 2013 with most of your stash (did you?), you will have the patience to sit this out. Turbulences ahead doesn't make a pilot return to the airport.
In 90's hipster slang: Go with the flow  Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 09:01:31 PM

Explanation
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15476

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2021, 09:29:16 PM

I just got vaccinated for the 23th time, this week.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 09:43:17 PM

In 90's hipster slang: Go with the flow 

I thought that was 60s hippie slang.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 10:01:25 PM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3007

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
November 12, 2021, 10:03:49 PM

In 90's hipster slang: Go with the flow 

I thought that was 60s hippie slang.

Hm, afaik "the flow" was a concept of the early 90's.
For example, "groovy" was more a popular 60's hippy slang term, imho.
But i might be wrong, i was born in the 70s and "go with the flow" was a revived phrase.

Pages: « 1 ... 29639 29640 29641 29642 29643 29644 29645 29646 29647 29648 29649 29650 29651 29652 29653 29654 29655 29656 29657 29658 29659 29660 29661 29662 29663 29664 29665 29666 29667 29668 29669 29670 29671 29672 29673 29674 29675 29676 29677 29678 29679 29680 29681 29682 29683 29684 29685 29686 29687 29688 [29689] 29690 29691 29692 29693 29694 29695 29696 29697 29698 29699 29700 29701 29702 29703 29704 29705 29706 29707 29708 29709 29710 29711 29712 29713 29714 29715 29716 29717 29718 29719 29720 29721 29722 29723 29724 29725 29726 29727 29728 29729 29730 29731 29732 29733 29734 29735 29736 29737 29738 29739 ... 33332 »
  Print  

Jump to: