May 27, 2024, 11:09:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30350 30351 30352 30353 30354 30355 30356 30357 30358 30359 30360 30361 30362 30363 30364 30365 30366 30367 30368 30369 30370 30371 30372 30373 30374 30375 30376 30377 30378 30379 30380 30381 30382 30383 30384 30385 30386 30387 30388 30389 30390 30391 30392 30393 30394 30395 30396 30397 30398 30399 [30400] 30401 30402 30403 30404 30405 30406 30407 30408 30409 30410 30411 30412 30413 30414 30415 30416 30417 30418 30419 30420 30421 30422 30423 30424 30425 30426 30427 30428 30429 30430 30431 30432 30433 30434 30435 30436 30437 30438 30439 30440 30441 30442 30443 30444 30445 30446 30447 30448 30449 30450 ... 33388 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26391111 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10329

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 03:29:16 PM

So you seem to be searching for a problema  that does not exist...

Well, that’s just your opinion.

That's what we do here.  Opinions.

Some opinions are more fleshed out than others, and some opinions are just vague and conclusory - which sometimes might be acceptable (or at least, adding value) if the underlying facts are already known.

Some topics have either complex facts or controverted facts - which might require some level of additional fleshing out as a kind of courtesy... As we already touched upon, the amount of your courtesy is within your discretion... and understandably, the extent to which you allow your emotions to come through may or may not be under your complete abilities to control.. and surely some peeps will strategically employ emotions - which can also be effective to present or rebut a topic.

What topic do you want to post about that is not allowed?

Anything? Everything? Your pick.
I’m not authoritarian. I just want to call out the *outright* liars - to the best of my knowledge and ability.
Are you going to make me repeat myself again?

No need to repeat.  Each of us have already made our points regarding this angle.

Actually, on a personal level I hardly give too many shits when members lie about whatever the fuck topic that they want to, unless it relates to bitcoin..

That’s because you don’t have a soul. Sorry.

It seems to me that even if some members might not say anything, most likely an overwhelming majority would prefer that topics relate to bitcoin - of course, there is tolerance for a variety of off-topics, especially even regular members will be interested in what some members have to say about current topics of the day.. for the most part, I attempt to minimize my posts on those topics, but I can see how some members will feel inclined to post about some current topics of the day.. and surely in some sense all topics will have some relationship to bitcoin... but I doubt that there are needs to really argue about how much one topic might relate to bitcoin or another because some topics are just more obviously related to bitcoin than others, and no needs to belabor attempts at arguing a connection when the connection might be tangential at best.

Invoke satoshi.. that's going to help..

I explained why I’m doing this. Of course it’s not going to help, but there it is.

Look Jay, I don’t have the time to explain things to you (sic). It would be a waste of my energy - death by a keyboard - and I’m not suicidal.
Can we start swearing at each other now? I just love your name calling. Grin

Sure.. we can swear at each other.. no problem...... Feels better when it is not forced, though.. #justsaying... also not very effective if overdone, either.

Think about ur lil selfie for a second?  Perhaps your schedule is not exactly under your control, but do you really consider that there is some kind of effectiveness in coming in for short bursts of guns ablazing? and maybe you last a week or two and then you seem to even wear out ur own lil selfie with the level of your purposeful intentionality.    I really do not care that much.. I mean.. I am mostly just responding because you directed your comment at me.  You do you.. and whatever, let's let the chips fall where-ever they will.  Maybe you are purposefully coming out with your level and particular type of annoyances because you are striving to provide a kind of memorable and unique signature.. and yeah.. no problem with that, either.

And by the way, the points that Torque provides in this post might partially be somewhat explanatory of your own erratic behaviors, Cryptotourist.. I don't completely agree with all of Torque's points, but he still captures the  idea that some accounts and posts seem to be ONLY striving to either provide misinformation or to distract our abilities to actually have meaningful discussions because those accounts are just spouting out a bunch of irrelevant nonsense and even just blatant and gratuitous personal attacks... which may well be part of what you have been up to in recent times, Cryptotourist... so don't even act like you are on the side of "good" in whatever non-contributory angles you have been recently taking in this spurt of posts and even in your previous couple of times that you came into the thread to make some purported "contributions" to the talk-of-the-day in this thread.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8183

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 03:32:40 PM

Oh shit!  Are there no sensors to lock out the stamping machines when they detect a foreign body?  That's very dangerous.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2130

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 03:41:56 PM

Oh shit!  Are there no sensors to lock out the stamping machines when they detect a foreign body?  That's very dangerous.

Probably a human cannot get that close without locking out the equipment.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 04:03:29 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 04:52:08 PM

Senator Lummis Defends Owning Bitcoin as a Policymaker https://decrypt.co/96718/senator-lummis-defends-owning-bitcoin-policymaker

But how does she defend being a policymaker as a Bitcoiner?

You already know the expession, Richy...... no?

"bitcoin is for friends and enemies."

In other words, bitcoiners are going to come from all walks of life and likely be involved in all kinds of activities, and hold a very large variety of opinions... and even change their minds from time to time. 

In other words, the extent to which any person might become a policy maker because they might want to build certain areas of government, or they might want to destroy government in various ways, with the passage of time more and more of these people are going to hold some bitcoin, and some of them are going to start to hold shit tons of bitcoin, too.

Seems to me that bitcoin likely helps to make government more responsive and more responsible because it takes some aspects of their abusive behaviors (likely some of the governments/officials do not even realize that they are doing it), but that is their abuse of the money, the ways they attempt to control it, and the ways that they distribute it. 

Personally, I have difficult times to imagine a world of complete disappearance of governments - or even to project that the world is going to completely move into various forms of voluntarism..  Even with the proliferation of bitcoin and perhaps some of the resolution of the sound money abuses of governments, there are still ways that they can attempt to be abusive because people still want and need physical items.. in spite of all the bullshit about metaverse being the whole future world.. that sounds like bullshit.. we are still going to want to live in dwellings and eat actual food and have sex with actual people  (including wanting to move from place to place - travel and socialize and learn about other people  besides through the internet) in spite of some of the perversions that attempt to cause us to believe that we do not need/want these kinds of goods, services and meatspace interactions. 

The floor continues it’s March upward. With Do Kwon still having more than 8 billion dollars worth of Bitcoin to buy, it feels a lot like we might be seeing an advance above $50K next week. This feels much more permanent than the other runs above $50K we’ve seen. For now, it’s all eyes on Terra while we ride this purchase up. The question will be what will demand look like once Do Kwon is done buying? Will other billionaires follow suit or will that be a good short term cash out point before things return to being supported by the market instead of one major player.

You really seem to love getting stuck on narrow, and ill-thought-out explanations for whatever seems to be happening in bitcoin price dynamics at any given time.  I will admit that I have seen a few decent explanation from you, but many of them really love to incorporate some kind of lame conspiracy angle that seems to want to emphasize bitcoin as if it were some kind of lame-ass passing fad... .. All your time in bitcoin, and you ongoingly tend to miss some of the more fundamental bullish aspects of bitcoin, no?

Ok… I will bite.. I will address some of your points.

Regarding Terra buying up all the bitcoin, of course, that one causal explanation is narrow, even if they may well be buying bitcoin, anyone who has been in bitcoin for any length of time should have some ideas that these kinds of one-causal explanations are ONLY telling part of the story.. regarding current BTC price dynamics… in the Uppity direction

Regarding Terra buying $10 billion in bitcoin, that seems to be something that folks are latching upon, and that $10 billion seems to be a long term goal of that particular shitcoin, so I think that we should take with a grain of salt what any shitcoin is saying that they are doing.. whether they do it or not is not going to be clear.

Regarding what is going to happen next:  of course, the punchline is that bitcoin is going up forever OgNasty including the billionaires buying it, even if there may well be some short term ups and down that cause their buying it to take a few years, 10 years, 20 years or more, and in the end, billionaires, companies, countries, rich peeps and the general 7 billion peeps of the world are buying too… so on a personal level the main thing to do is to ABB.. always be buying.. unless you have already reached overallocation into BTC levels.. If you have reached overallocation, then you have a lot more options regarding what to do… so perhaps the punchline would be ABB until you are overallocated into BTC, and maybe not Michael Saylor psycho levels of overallocation, yet hopefully you can personally tailor the level of your overallocation into BTC?

Edit: By the way, I did have a better draft of the above post that I had posted. and for some reason it did not post and I had to rewrite the bottom portion.. but I did not have enough patience to spend as much time on the second draft.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 05:04:55 PM

Explanation
Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 05:10:57 PM

So you seem to be searching for a problema  that does not exist...

Well, that’s just your opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0_xCSoabnk
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 05:25:36 PM

April is the Historical Green (Bulish) month of BTC History and Considering this movement and March Indexes i can surely say that if Rally continue we can see a target of market movement of $55k. But long term movement i can see market moving in between the Range of $42k to the $52k for the whole 2022. Making a new ATH and Even making close of this year to it is not possible at this moment of current  financial affairs.

King daddy gives few shits about calendar year bullshit...

If you want to understand where bitcoin is, where it has been or where it might be going, you need to consider context rather than getting caught up in calendar year superficialities.

Regarding bitcoin getting stuck between $42k and $52k for the next three quarters.. good luck with that.. it might happen... but I doubt it.. you are even worse than some of the $30 to $60k assertions for this calendar year.. sure, it might happen.. anything is possible in bitcoinlandia.

Atleast $50k incoming.  Wink

Must be true.. if you are saying it..

hahahahahahhaha

Yeah.. right.

Atleast $50k incoming.  Wink

Hope so. With fiat inflation it feels more like we are back at about $22K-23K now late 2020.  Undecided

Something is wrong with what you are saying, BB..

if you remember late 2020, we just shot right past $22-$23k.. so we were never really there for any kind of meaningful time.

Of course, I am having troubles figuring out where we are too.. because no period really resembles previous periods with any kind of exactness in terms of some of the macro factors and just overall dynamics, not that we should put too much emphasis on certain macro-factors that are not going to end up making any kind of difference - except maybe providing some short-term BTC price movements.

We might be in a kind of extended 2013 double hump.. even though we have three humps going on.. Of course, we have way more adoption of a variety of more sophisticated players and also some interesting financial tools that are more sophisticated these days to attempt to push the BTC price down.. stop it from going up.. but maybe those tools are needed to keep the status quo financial elite somewhat comfortable while wealth is being transferred away from them in the event that they are continuing to fail/refuse to take some meaningful stake in king daddy.   
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 05:31:32 PM

With Bitcoin... when you transfer value from the control of one private key to another, that's IT.  The value is transferred.  That's the main, and really almost only thing the Bitcoin blockchain does.  I suppose you can sign messages with it too... and there is some limited scripting and multi-sig.  But the basic idea is simple.  And that simplicity leave less places for crooks to hide their schemes.

Not to worry, lightning network is here to save the day Wink

Well... if we are going to go here... then the point must be made that you do not have to use the lightning network.

We will end up in the weeds pretty fast, and I think you and I probably agree that Bitcoin needs a block size increase eventually (that last word is where some of the nuance is).

But the difference between Bitcoin and Ethereum is at least with the former you are ABLE to use the most decentralized financial netowk in the history of the planet.  No so with Ethereum.

Bitcoin can add complexity on optional layers.

Ethereum has it built in at the very bottom.

I think we have yet to see if Lightning causes shenanigans on the level of Ethereum.  It could.  I know there is talk about issuing tokens on the lightning network...  And frankly Ethereum may be even better for that purpose.

Actually there is a very good reason for Bitcoin-backed banks to exist… Bitcoin itself cannot scale to have every single financial transaction in the world be broadcast to everyone and included in the blockchain.

There needs to be a secondary level of payment systems which is lighter weight and more efficient. Likewise, the time needed for Bitcoin transactions to finalize will be impractical for medium to large value purchases.

[Bitcoin-backed banks] can work like banks did before nationalization of currency. Different banks can have different policies, some more aggressive, some more conservative. Some would be fractional reserve while others may be 100 percent Bitcoin backed. Interest rates may vary. Cash from some banks may trade at a discount to that from others.

What Finney seemed to envision was really what Blockstream is doing with Liquid.  That is the closest thing to that "prophecy".  Lightning on the other hand is a wee bit less centralized than Liquid.

And we may see the development of a network that is even MORE SO.  (Hmm I guess I really mean LESS SO as in more decentralized)

But without the base layer remaining as distributed as possible none of that would even have a chance of doing any better than ETH.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4936

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 05:59:33 PM

AlphaPhoenix:

I built a Turboencabulator! Inspiration from Bud Haggert, who I first saw explain this fantastic machine while I was on a robotics team in high school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBOB9SSdDfU
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 06:01:27 PM

Explanation
NoorulHuda

Activity: 196
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 06:42:38 PM

https://cryptoslate.com/turkey-wants-crypto-scammer-jailed-for-life/
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 07:01:23 PM

Explanation
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 3049

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 07:44:12 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (21), suchmoon (1), d_eddie (1)

We might be seeing the beginning of the end of the old imperial style Russia now, change can come about very quickly when the foundations start to crumble.

There's just a small problem i see:
Putin grew powerful in the shadow of the fall of the Sovjet Union. He, among many others in his back, experienced the fade of the SU as unjustified and cruel, and now it's perfectly reasonable that he (believes) is fighting for a good thing, the reestablishment of the good, old Union. Golden times will come again (and so on)...

Now imagine Russia under Putin ending as an imperial force, all the people under sanctions and poverty, without future visions, a whole nation in misery, just like North Korea, but on a higher scale. A nation's young generation, growing up under grief, with no future, because of the "bad western nazi imperium".
These times might create much more dangerous dictators than Putin.
And don't let us forget about China! Can Europe afford to lose Russia, as the "whore of Bejing"? I don't think so.

Imho, if Putin's regime finally fallls, Europe and the EU should embrace Russia as a part of europe, tear down ideological walls, bring more evenly distributed wealth to the country. As unrealistic as it might seem, it's the only long term solution to the Eurasian conflict. Of course, the EU has to adress their problems with corruption and become a way more serious government than they tried to put up so far. Otherwise the EU will start to crumble. That's why i think Russia should not be isolated after Putins regime ends. Otherwise when will they recover and start another war? 2030-2040?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4371

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 07:52:17 PM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 08:03:28 PM

Explanation
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 08:06:26 PM

Not to worry. You government spineless pussies can have my account. See how that turns out for you.

Ahh so I’m a government agent now eh?  God damn!! I learn something new everyday! Lmao
Btw… I’m also not retired. Not sure how how you deduced that falsehood.
Maybe the same way you deduced all the other complete nonsense you seem to think about me.
Not that it bothers me in the slightest. It’s amusing actually.
Carry on though. It’s what I love about this thread.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 3049

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 08:17:17 PM

Not to worry. You government spineless pussies can have my account. See how that turns out for you.

Ahh so I’m a government agent now eh?  God damn!! I learn something new everyday! Lmao
Btw… I’m also not retired. Not sure how how you deduced that falsehood.
Maybe the same way you deduced all the other complete nonsense you seem to think about me.
Not that it bothers me in the slightest. It’s amusing actually.
Carry on though. It’s what I love about this thread.

I think i will have to report to the president that you have been exposed. See you in the office  Tongue
Bubbles seem to be quite a thing, lately...
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 08:32:42 PM

the noon wall report

mixed trading on light Saturday volume
moderate downwards pressure observed
probably wait until late tomorrow or Monday and see if support remains intact and reevaluate
currently trading at $46.3kish

get out and enjoy some sunshine and let the corn grow is my plan

dyor

4h

D

stronghands
NoorulHuda

Activity: 196
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 08:47:52 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/tracker-shows-close-to-3000-crypto-atms-were-installed-in-2022s-first-quarter/
Pages: « 1 ... 30350 30351 30352 30353 30354 30355 30356 30357 30358 30359 30360 30361 30362 30363 30364 30365 30366 30367 30368 30369 30370 30371 30372 30373 30374 30375 30376 30377 30378 30379 30380 30381 30382 30383 30384 30385 30386 30387 30388 30389 30390 30391 30392 30393 30394 30395 30396 30397 30398 30399 [30400] 30401 30402 30403 30404 30405 30406 30407 30408 30409 30410 30411 30412 30413 30414 30415 30416 30417 30418 30419 30420 30421 30422 30423 30424 30425 30426 30427 30428 30429 30430 30431 30432 30433 30434 30435 30436 30437 30438 30439 30440 30441 30442 30443 30444 30445 30446 30447 30448 30449 30450 ... 33388 »
  Print  

Jump to: