April 28, 2024, 01:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 30325 30326 30327 30328 30329 30330 30331 30332 30333 30334 30335 30336 30337 30338 30339 30340 30341 30342 30343 30344 30345 30346 30347 30348 30349 30350 30351 30352 30353 30354 [30355] 30356 30357 30358 30359 30360 30361 30362 30363 30364 30365 30366 30367 30368 30369 30370 30371 30372 30373 30374 30375 30376 30377 30378 30379 30380 30381 30382 30383 30384 30385 30386 30387 30388 30389 30390 30391 30392 30393 30394 30395 30396 30397 30398 30399 30400 30401 30402 30403 30404 30405 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368860 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 05:10:54 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

“Crypto has grown by leaps and bounds, and is now playing a significant role in the investment decisions of lots of Americans. We would like to … create a regulatory environment in which healthy innovation can continue.” - @SecYellen on #Bitcoin
https://twitter.com/saylor/status/1507357337597718550
Dan Held @danheld
@saylor @SecYellen
Wow.
What a change of tune!
 Grin Grin Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 05:15:19 PM

Now you have the next 5 years of looking forward to having nightmares of being a wage-slave, and waking up in a cold sweat, realizing "Oh, wow, that was just a dream.

It's been years since I had an employment dream (job-free since 1976). They always involved standing around trying to look busy.

Now I get poverty nightmares... trying to scrape up enough change to afford transit fare home or buy something to eat.

Funny how that works.

I don't have nightmares. Just weird dreams with annoying repeating themes. One is walking through town, fruitlessly trying to
find my parked car. Another is always ending up with someone else's cellphone that is broken.
I'm sure some pseudo-genius PHD psychologist character could come up with deep meaning...

My dreams are like that too, not nightmares, but just annoying dreams where I just can't do the task at hand.

My favorite dreams are where I “consciously” realize I’m actually in a dream (disappointingly this happens rarely
in my case) and so I decide to take on super human powers or some such thing. Like flapping my arms,
leaping up and soaring through the skies. That is awesome.

But anyway, not to stray down the dream rabbit hole as it can get rather deep…

GO BITCOIN
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 05:30:22 PM

Looters in Ukraine are now being tied to posts with their pants down.

Looters in the US already have the second part covered. (or uncovered as it were).
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 05:46:02 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

I'm sure some pseudo-genius PHD psychologist character could come up with deep meaning...

I suffer with REM Sleep Disorder. We should definitely talk in meatspace if the opportunity ever presents itself. I know exactly what you mean, about your "weird" dreams. Some of mine tend toward themes of being "lost" and unable to "find my way home/the destination I'm seeking". Crazy stuff, and the REM Sleep Disorder vocalizations and parasomnic-limbic actions are pretty fucking amazing, I'm told.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 05:52:54 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2022, 06:44:41 PM by savetherainforest
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

Aliens and their intergalactic council will held us accountable one day for Hrambe and they will justify some atrocity by pointing back at that specific situation.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Meanwhile, Rockets on the rise!!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMYLo-COsmc  
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 06:01:27 PM

Explanation
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 06:03:25 PM

the noon wall report

kitteh shows bullshoulders in the morning
4h

D

stronghands
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 06:06:10 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (7), fillippone (3), xhomerx10 (2), Paashaas (1)

There's nothing wrong with shaving some profits on the way up, and for sure there can be an insurance rationale behind such shavings - so in fact whether there would have been an "objectively" better way to play it - seems to be somewhat irrelevant because the insurance angle has a bit of intangibility to it... because it is both psychological and financial (but also within the financial angle there is no real easy way to place a price upon the benefit that was gotten from a scenario that may well have ended up not playing out.)...  

Maybe it could be said that so many times, we end up paying more from insurance than any benefit that we get because we never get into any car accidents and our house never burns down.. but we would really be a in an insecure position in the event that we did not carry the insurance on those items.  perhaps?  perhaps?

And therein lies the interesting part of the bet, if you ask me.

You can ask:  If xxx BTC is destined to equal xx% of the worlds wealth, then what is it worth to hold, and what to cash out now?

I understand and appreciate that considering those kinds of BIGGER questions regarding where Bitcoin might go in terms of the so many of the world's monetized assets that could end up getting absorbed into it, yet if we look at bitcoin's historical price charts, we should be able to appreciate that it does not even come close to going up in a straight line - and even if BTC may well be up every 4 years (no matter which 4-year period that is considered), it may well not be practical for guys to hang on for 4 years or longer without tapping into some of their bitcoin... and yeah, maybe aspects of my down-side insurance problems are flawed - especially if guys really could structure their finances in very long periods that would exceed several 4-year cycles.

Some of the financial and psychological management may well hinge upon how aggressive any of us may have been in the earlier timelines of our investment into bitcoin.   Let's just take my (not only mine) earlier year recommendations that guys should attempt to assess a 1% to 10% range for bitcoin in their BTC investment portfolios, which does retain some presumptions that the investor has some investment maturity in order to have other investments besides bitcoin.  By the way, in the past several months, I have tweaked my own recommendation for the initial investment allocations to be considered to be within 1% to 25%.  In any event, guys could approach the investment allocation matter whimpily or aggressively, and perhaps the more whimpily the investment into bitcoin ends up having some advantages in terms of allowing for delays in the considerations of whether reallocation (or even shaving off) of profits might end up being advisable and/or prudent.

Guys who invest on the higher ends of the spectrum of 10% historically and 25% in recent times, are likely to be harder pressed regarding how to chose about whether to diversify out of some of the profits (and thus imbalances) of their investment portfolios that had been allocated to bitcoin.. so in the earlier days, a guy with a 10% allocation into bitcoin, is faced with a kind of dilemma when bitcoin might end up going up 10x, 30x or even up to 78x (in the period between late 2015 and late 2017) about whether there might be some value in reallocating back to original authorization levels - which some have called reallocating back to the losers, since the bitcoin ended up way outperforming the other assets that may well have ONLY gone flat during that same period or only increased 10% to 40% during that same period which may well cause the BTC allocation of the investment portfolio to go from 10% to 90% or higher - which may well seem to be too imbalanced.. partially depending on the value of the remaining assets in terms of a guys possible ability to live off of those other assets in the event that the bitcoin portion were to go to zero (or to some very low price).

I suppose that part of my point remains that global world problems and long term BTC bullishness might not necessarily serve as central considerations when there may well be justifications to make sure that one's investment portfolio remains somewhat strong even to prepare for negative possible scenarios in spite of the long term bullish scenarios.... and surely I have been arguing that the extent to which any investor had chosen to take some what aggressive (rather than whimpy) investment stances in regards to his/her BTC investment proportion in earlier days will contribute towards how pressing the reallocation and taking insurance question would play out.  I understand also that there could be some biasness contained within some of my framework because I am not even completely attempting to judge the more whimpy investors in the sense that I recognize that financial/psychological circumstances might not even have had allowed for the whimpy investors to take more aggressive stances in their earlier bitcoin investment allocations.

And how does that balance with my geriatric mother, and my struggling sister, and my children, and my wife, and my own desires for extravagance (umm, nil).

Yes.. exactly.. we are making similar points in the end.

And if xxx BTC is destined to equal xx% of the worlds wealth, then how much is it worth to me NOW to lock in some comfort and security for MYSELF rather than provide fir all those folks who did not see it coming.

I don't know cAPSLOCK because I doubt that very many of us are merely investing 20 BTC in 2015 and waiting for BTC to reach $10 million or $20 million, so in that sense, even if we might have taken fairly whimpy stances in 2015 or some earlier date, we might still have ended up reaching quite high levels of BTC accumulation without even had striven to do that.  So, if we held BTC and maybe even kept investing in BTC at various points along the way (maybe got lucky too without too many boating accidents or other grave mistakes), we might have gotten to a position where we are able to support some of the others who failed/refused to prepare to the extent that we have any kind of moral obligation in regards to providing such support - but I have my doubts about whether our preparations would have necessarily been aimed at helping anyone beyond ourselves and perhaps our very immediate family.. even though events might cause us to have become (or to become in the future) way more richie than we had ever even expected in our most wildest of dreams.

So, perhaps if some of us might recognize that either we have abilities to prepare for such a future without much of any extra skin off of our back, then maybe it is easy enough to do so.. or if we have already partially or fully recognized that our already preparations are likely going to lead down such a path, then we might feel sufficiently comfortable in terms of letting such course play itself out..  and, both you and I know that having such rosey sights of the future are probabilistic rather than guaranteed.. even though there are pretty damned decent odds that the writing is on the walls and we are likely more correct in our assessment of distribution of wealth matters than the so many currently existing doubters who continue to fail and refuse to even take minimal actions to protect themselves (whether they currently have capacities for such or not).

Sure, you may well have broader aspirations and sympathies than me, yet I do consider that our most immediate imperitive is to make sure that we are individually protected first before figuring out how much we might be ready, willing and able to help others - depending on how far out past the immediate family that we might be ready, willing and able to go in terms of providing help.. and surely there could be some icing on the cake windfall benefits in some of those kinds of better than expected outcomes (at least the outcomes were not guaranteed), too.

THAT... is a VERY PERSONAL DECISION.  And one that cannot be rightly judge by any man or woman NOT in YOUR shoes.

Yeah but in some sense, you seem to be attempting to answer some slightly different questions than me in terms of your questions regarding how richie do you want to become or to maintain your wealth in terms of how many obligations that you might have or want to have versus my more narrow questions merely involving how to just manage your portfolio in more narrow terms regarding making sales on the way up can serve as portfolio insurance no matter how loftie your richie status goals might have been historically or what they have evolved into being based on each of our considerations that our vision of the future may well be superior than a very large number of the public as a whole, not necessarily limited to the bitcoin naysayers.

(this is, by extension, the reason we get angry when people come to beg for BTC they could have bought, or mined (or in the case of some lunatics played poker for)).

For sure there can be some questions now or even into the future regarding "when did you find out about bitcoin, and what did you do about it", so we could end up coming to harsher judgements directed towards folks who seem to have had known better and failed/refused to take any kinds of actions - even though retrospectively, we can recognize/appreciate that the level of their necessary actions would have been way easier to have had accomplished at earlier dates.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2022, 06:39:52 PM

No, The Kyiv Independent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kyiv_Independent

But the numbers comes from the armed forces of Ukraine, could have been posted by anyone.

Reminds me of when Michael Scott said Wikipedia is the best resource on the planet because "anybody can edit it so you know it's true."  Cheesy

Well, those (not russian) who fact checks these things seems to agree that Ukraine is trying to keep the numbers accurate as best they can.

I'd take that with a grain of salt. Even the western intelligence admitted Russian casualties are only about 30-50% of what Ukrainians claim them to be. Latest numbers from US intel was something in the 5-7k area. Ukrainians are just adding +1k every day as simple as that.   Grin

Also they're not publishing they're own losses for some reason...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:01:21 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:06:50 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

Well that was a weird blip on the chart just now. Undecided
While checking the price just happen to catch it go up a couple of hundred on a leg up.
Pretty good corn! Grin
Hahahaha

Looking at the three minute chart..  Hard to get me excited about a spiking UPpity $200-$300 wick within such candle when the BTC price base starts out at about $43,200 and it spikes all the way to the high tops of up to $43,500..  .. Is that a whole 0.7% (not even a whole percent) spike?   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Really?

Is anyone really going to get excited about that kind of candle wickening, unless such person (or bot) is just looking for an excuse to get excited about something?    

in other words:

nothing to see here.

in other words:

a big nothing burger

AmInotrite?
Not exciting but strange. Anyhow, it was the exact start of this bullrun up to past $44k we are at now. And it has not slowed down.

Oh gawd.   You are going to double-down upon a non-event and now proclaim that it has some kind of causal purpose regarding our current UPpity run?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Get a grip.

I never have, while looking at the chart for price had it jump up so quickly like this. And I look at the 3minute (actually forgot to change it to 15minute) while looking at the price difference when making a buy of btc.
It probably was the Do Kwon effect with him doing $125million purchase buys of BTC at all different times of the day.
As he has proposed on his twitter he'll be doing.

in the above paragraph, you are getting into the shadows on the cave wall section of your presentation.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

But then again you don't care about these sh*tcoins ramblings.

True dat.  Wink

The goal should not be to retire, but to be able to.

Of course, getting to entry-level fuck you status is partially about having had increased one of your options, and that is whether or not to work... For sure, the idea of entry-level would signify that you may well not be increasing your lifestyle in terms of abilities to spend - and might even involve coming down on some of your financial spending matters because you have been able to exercise the pulling of the fuck you lever.

Another thing would be reaching entry-level fuck you status, and being able to sustain being in fuck-you status because you have not made any material and/or significant mistakes in your calculation to have to (forced in other words) remove yourself from fuck you status.

For sure, getting higher than entry-level fuck you status or even multiples (or magnitudes) higher than entry-level FU status would help to assure that your choices are surely voluntary rather than for some reasons that you may be rationalizing in a possible reality that you may have not actually reached fuck you status (I am not proclaiming your status to be anything other than what you represent it to be, AlcoHoDL... even though, none of us would completely be exempt from even misanalyzing our own circumstances and perhaps even the reasons that we might be engaged in x, y or z activities rather than u, v or w activities... so.. largely my comments are directed at our being within a public thread in terms of the weighings that guys/gals might be doing regarding what level of fuck you status they might be at and the extent to which changes to what they do might be warranted).

When one achieves that status, combined with certain types of creative work, there's no real need to retire, you simply enjoy what you do, be creative and productive, and financially independent too. Win-win.

Nothing wrong with staying involved in work that you truly enjoy, and even someone in high levels of fuck you status might find himself/herself having to spend decent amounts of time performing tasks that are not easily (or realistically) delegatable.
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:40:45 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2022, 09:17:30 PM by BobLawblaw
Merited by cAPSLOCK (25), Hueristic (1), suchmoon (1), Paashaas (1)

Also they're not publishing they're own losses for some reason...

You are absolutely correct they are not publishing losses on the UKR side.

Having said that, I am following many telegram groups related to the event, and am indeed seeing independent reporting of UKR losses.

The fact I saw Chechen forces fighting for Ukraine, blowing up RUS tanks while expounding "Allah Akbar" is some absolute next-level, brain-pretzeling shit.

The facts are, however, UKR is dishing out way more costly pain than RUS anticipated, and they are admirably holding their own against a superior force.

It does not appear RUS will be able to take Kyiv.

Provided that UKR survives this invasion, is allowed to rebuild, and manifest their own destiny, it will have been at a great cost of RUS arrogance.

It's arguable RUS is presently set back about 30 years geo-politically, but that's another thread entirely.

Apologies for the derail.

EDIT: cAPSLOCK. IKYK. Will likely officially break opsec with you at some point in the near future. Expecting that the barn will be up in time to celebrate 4th of July.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:42:33 PM

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/24/russia-might-take-bitcoin-as-payment-for-oil-and-gas-as-sanctions-rise.htmlu
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 07:42:46 PM

Russia is now mobilizing conscripts and scraping together what working material they can, here's a convoy that shows the state of the russian army right now.

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1507275250505027589?s=20&t=AmMRpDSoJtZpPj0zMpMeVA

They are scraping the bottom of the barrel.

They're probably using Doordash, Grubhub, FoodPanda and UberEats or whatever their equivalent delivery apps are to get food to the front lines; none of those gig workers can afford to live a decent life let alone a decent vehicle so that's why it looks kinda rag-tag.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 08:01:22 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:01:27 PM

Explanation
PhoenixZephyrus

Activity: 155
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 09:58:34 PM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), d_eddie (1), Toxic2040 (1)

Well...it seems like users of Coinbase residing in Canada are in a bit of a pickle now...

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 10:01:21 PM

Explanation
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 10:04:22 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (7), Toxic2040 (1), PhoenixZephyrus (1)

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2022, 11:01:23 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 30305 30306 30307 30308 30309 30310 30311 30312 30313 30314 30315 30316 30317 30318 30319 30320 30321 30322 30323 30324 30325 30326 30327 30328 30329 30330 30331 30332 30333 30334 30335 30336 30337 30338 30339 30340 30341 30342 30343 30344 30345 30346 30347 30348 30349 30350 30351 30352 30353 30354 [30355] 30356 30357 30358 30359 30360 30361 30362 30363 30364 30365 30366 30367 30368 30369 30370 30371 30372 30373 30374 30375 30376 30377 30378 30379 30380 30381 30382 30383 30384 30385 30386 30387 30388 30389 30390 30391 30392 30393 30394 30395 30396 30397 30398 30399 30400 30401 30402 30403 30404 30405 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: