April 26, 2024, 11:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31014 31015 31016 31017 31018 31019 31020 31021 31022 31023 31024 31025 31026 31027 31028 31029 31030 31031 31032 31033 31034 31035 31036 31037 31038 31039 31040 31041 31042 31043 31044 31045 31046 31047 31048 31049 31050 31051 31052 31053 31054 31055 31056 31057 31058 31059 31060 31061 31062 31063 [31064] 31065 31066 31067 31068 31069 31070 31071 31072 31073 31074 31075 31076 31077 31078 31079 31080 31081 31082 31083 31084 31085 31086 31087 31088 31089 31090 31091 31092 31093 31094 31095 31096 31097 31098 31099 31100 31101 31102 31103 31104 31105 31106 31107 31108 31109 31110 31111 31112 31113 31114 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368121 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 04:32:32 PM

Everyone hate 9 to 5 job but still we have to do that. Crypto is a new way to earn income. Thanks to crypto I can now afford a better life style.

https://twitter.com/imodernman/status/1556018554918649856?t=fLbKurAyY-5lMkIKTs54Zw&s=19 Smiley

Well I'm happy not to live in the USA.
We get way more vacation with a regular job. Also job security is way better. Sick leave no matter how long you need to recover, etc.

Americans think they live in the most free country in the world but that's simply not true.

Yet average GDP for every EU country except for Luxemburg is still lower than that of the USA.

Certain job sectors in fact across Europe such as IT pay pittance salaries compared to the USA. Sure, you only have private healthcare in the States but it is also of a much higher quality.
Many Europeans need to flock exactly to the States to get experimental cancer treatments simply not available in Europe.

I think you are pretty much the definition of an ignorant European who stupidly have outsourced energy security to a country you for some bizarre historical reason hate and you have also installed countless layers of government thinking it will protect you from trouble where in fact it is turning into a similar political setup that Adolf Hitler wanted to achieve: Germany in control and no one else gets a say. When someone wants to leave said political system such as the UK you shame them and completely forget it was them who saved your asses from all speaking German or Russian by now.

It is also my understanding that the once secure job market in the likes of The Netherlands now with year only contracts is nowhere near as safe as it used to be. Plus the constant mumblings over ditching the mortgage tax break would make the average worker / mortgage payer much poorer if it were to go.

The EU concept was Germany's plan B if the war was lost, to continue their dominance over Europe.
Sadly the occupied Europe of WW2 has long forgotten why they are not all now speaking German.

Am I correct in thinking you mostly live in Netherlands. I understand that thousands of farmers are to be forced to cease farming because of some misguided Green policy on reducing Nitrate pollution. Only to import food which has likely been produced under the exact same systems. Thereby outsourcing pollution, that's OK then.
Europe and indeed the entire world need as much food production this year as is possible to prevent mass starvation for those that cannot bid the high market prices needed to secure essential commodities. Shame on the Netherlands' well heeled population for their efforts to reduce that food supply.
Oh the US is no different! we are being run by the inmates from the asylum, the latest the Climate Bill $369 billion, what utter fuckwits could have conceived this and at this time in history when the world is on the brink.
Those with even modest amounts of Bitcoin will ride this storm better than most.

Farmers are not ceasing their work they are just negotiating which is normal here.
We have a tradition of getting things worked out so I have no doubt many will get compensated etc.
For a country that mostly lives under sea level we know how to pull through together.

Because we are a highly populated country with one of the highest densities it isn't strange that we generate a lot of nitrate and other greenhouse gases. Also we have one of the most advanced farming industries in the world increasing that load. Importing has always been cheaper for us and it also distributes the nitrate load. Most farming we do is for export.

Countries like France have way more space so it's not a strange concept to move farming to other places in the EU.
The problem is finding a workable solution for the farmers which I believe they will find.

On the flipside we have a working democracy so we can always kick the government out if it becomes unworkable.

And for the WW2 propaganda... without the people from the European continent you would all be living in a tipi running around with bows and arrows  Kiss

And remember who hired all the nazis when the war ended ;-)

Thank you for enlightening me on the farming situation as seen from the Netherlands itself.
So you also agree with outsourcing the pollution to increase your collective green credentials whilst benefiting from cheap imports.
As a sovereign country you must do what is best for Netherlands under current ideology.

"The WW2 propaganda" as you refer to Germany's plan B was common knowledge in Europe after the war.
But has quietly been erased from collective memory so that your generation is shocked if it is mentioned.
I visited Holland 45 years ago, where they did not like being called Dutch as it was too like Deutsche and preferred the term Hollander as memories of the Nazi Occupation were still raw.
Oh well forgive and forget, the EU is now one big equal happy family (ruled by Germany)

We don't half talk some crap here, me included while Bitcoin bounces along nicely.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 05:01:21 PM

Explanation
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 05:18:58 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (10)

cygan
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 7699

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2022, 05:30:10 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 04:15:25 PM by cygan

finally there are the right orange pills in the pharmacy

WatChe

Activity: 896
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2022, 05:40:43 PM
Merited by eXPHorizon (3)

What about ethereum? It too has unlimited supply.

Image source
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 05:52:26 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), AlcoHoDL (1), Gachapin (1), Farmer Bill (1)

WTF???
It seems Elon doesn't know about the Lightning Network!

Elon Musk, the famous billionaire and Tesla CEO, compared Dogecoin and Bitcoin in an interview recently with the Full Send Podcast. The ardent supporter of Dogecoin said the meme coin has more transactional capacity than BTC.

https://crypto.news/elon-musk-says-dogecoin-can-handle-more-transactions-compared-to-bitcoin/
He is right you are wrong.

LN is actually pos

and BTC is now a hybrid coin

There is something strange about what you are proclaiming Philip.

I agree that LN is largely proof of stake... but lightning is not bitcoin.. its a second layer that can be run on top of bitcoin and to complement bitcoin in largely decentralized way...

Bitcoin does not need lightning.. and only coins are produced (made available while the mining reward still exists) on bitcoin through POW.. coins are not produced on lightning.. so the extent that POS actually exists on lighting does not really screw with bitcoin's security, scarcity, governance (mostly lack thereof) and/or incentives...

so labeling bitcoin as a "hybrid" is misleading and seems to be convoluting bitcoin's value proposition and falsely creating the impression that it is either similar to shitcoins or some kind of variation of a shitcoin.. which is far from the case.. even if you might not have intended to create such an impression...  (I tried to use nice language here in this previous sentence to give you some benefit of the doubt, but I see from the rest of your comments, that I was too charitable to you in this part, but I will leave the "nice" language in this previous sentence because I am so fair and generous in ways like that sometimes.   Wink Wink)

While I will be attacked for saying DOGE has a far better 50 100 150 200 year viewpoint due to its decreasing inflation plan vs BTC depending on only transaction fees and then hurting transaction fees with LN setup.
It is why I hodl 2 coins

BTC and Doge

oh gawd..  Roll Eyes  maybe you are retarded.. (#nohomo)?     Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

at 65 I will not live to see Doge surpass BTC,

but  My guess is in 2077  Doge will show it's decreasing inflation method is better then btc and the LN net work

doggie coin is still going to be alive in 2077  Shocked Shocked  beyond some possible niche use cases.. that would be surprising.

I think BTC should have put the LN off and that the LN is what damaged the spring 2021 65k+ numbers.

Oh gawd...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  Lightning network caused BTC's failure to pump?  really reviving those nonsense 2017-ish bigblocker talking points.

But I digress.

Yes you do.

Just hodl Doge and BTC you will do well.

Pumping shitcoins and foggy thinking... I rest my case about the retarded part.. . [insert batslap here]
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 05:59:17 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

<snip>

The EU concept was Germany's plan B if the war was lost, to continue their dominance over Europe.
Sadly the occupied Europe of WW2 has long forgotten why they are not all now speaking German.

<snip>

While I am all in for some recreational Germans bashing, this is not true. They went all in and lost, there was no plan B.

The original and primary goal of the Montan Union (predecessor of the European Community which is the predecessor of European Union) was to keep the Fritzes under close watch of their neighbours after the war (especially France wanted to have a close look) by common control over the (war-)important resources like steel, coal etc.
The idea came from France, Germany agreed immediately as it allowed them to regain some sovereignity. And most of the world agreed that helping them rebuild is a smarter thing than keeping them down for ages (like after WWI, which was what brought Hitler and the NSDAP to power finally).

It is however IMO true, that today they're calling the shots in the EU and the EURO could be seen as their trojan horse to transfer wealth into their direction.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 06:03:34 PM

Explanation
WatChe

Activity: 896
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2022, 06:35:14 PM

Man Who Invested $24,000 Into Bitcoin Scam Now Told His Investment is Worth $23.16
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2486

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 06:42:44 PM
Merited by Farmer Bill (1)

Everyone hate 9 to 5 job but still we have to do that. Crypto is a new way to earn income. Thanks to crypto I can now afford a better life style.

https://twitter.com/imodernman/status/1556018554918649856?t=fLbKurAyY-5lMkIKTs54Zw&s=19 Smiley

We get way more vacation with a regular job. Also job security is way better. Sick leave no matter how long you need to recover, etc.

Americans think they live in the most free country in the world but that's simply not true.

Yet average GDP for every EU country except for Luxemburg is still lower than that of the USA.

Certain job sectors in fact across Europe such as IT pay pittance salaries compared to the USA. Sure, you only have private healthcare in the States but it is also of a much higher quality.
Many Europeans need to flock exactly to the States to get experimental cancer treatments simply not available in Europe.

I think you are pretty much the definition of an ignorant European who stupidly have outsourced energy security to a country you for some bizarre historical reason hate and you have also installed countless layers of government thinking it will protect you from trouble where in fact it is turning into a similar political setup that Adolf Hitler wanted to achieve: Germany in control and no one else gets a say. When someone wants to leave said political system such as the UK you shame them and completely forget it was them who saved your asses from all speaking German or Russian by now.

It is also my understanding that the once secure job market in the likes of The Netherlands now with year only contracts is nowhere near as safe as it used to be. Plus the constant mumblings over ditching the mortgage tax break would make the average worker / mortgage payer much poorer if it were to go.

Am I correct in thinking you mostly live in Netherlands. I understand that thousands of farmers are to be forced to cease farming because of some misguided Green policy on reducing Nitrate pollution. Only to import food which has likely been produced under the exact same systems. Thereby outsourcing pollution, that's OK then.
Europe and indeed the entire world need as much food production this year as is possible to prevent mass starvation for those that cannot bid the high market prices needed to secure essential commodities. Shame on the Netherlands' well heeled population for their efforts to reduce that food supply.
Oh the US is no different! we are being run by the inmates from the asylum, the latest the Climate Bill $369 billion, what utter fuckwits could have conceived this and at this time in history when the world is on the brink.
Those with even modest amounts of Bitcoin will ride this storm better than most.

Farmers are not ceasing their work they are just negotiating which is normal here.
We have a tradition of getting things worked out so I have no doubt many will get compensated etc.
For a country that mostly lives under sea level we know how to pull through together.

Because we are a highly populated country with one of the highest densities it isn't strange that we generate a lot of nitrate and other greenhouse gases. Also we have one of the most advanced farming industries in the world increasing that load. Importing has always been cheaper for us and it also distributes the nitrate load. Most farming we do is for export.

Countries like France have way more space so it's not a strange concept to move farming to other places in the EU.
The problem is finding a workable solution for the farmers which I believe they will find.

On the flipside we have a working democracy so we can always kick the government out if it becomes unworkable.

And for the WW2 propaganda... without the people from the European continent you would all be living in a tipi running around with bows and arrows  Kiss

Thank you for enlightening me on the farming situation as seen from the Netherlands itself.
So you also agree with outsourcing the pollution to increase your collective green credentials whilst benefiting from cheap imports.
As a sovereign country you must do what is best for Netherlands under current ideology.

"The WW2 propaganda" as you refer to Germany's plan B was common knowledge in Europe after the war.
But has quietly been erased from collective memory so that your generation is shocked if it is mentioned.
I visited Holland 45 years ago, where they did not like being called Dutch as it was too like Deutsche and preferred the term Hollander as memories of the Nazi Occupation were still raw.
Oh well forgive and forget, the EU is now one big equal happy family (ruled by Germany)

We don't half talk some crap here, me included while Bitcoin bounces along nicely.

Outsourcing anything that leads to the same amount of pollution around the world, just so the pollution in your own country doesn't look as bad has never made sense to me unless the "looking not so bad" agenda is exactly your goal. It most likely will only increase global pollution this mindset as long distance transportation doesn't come without consequences.

People still need to eat, and I think locally sourced is best, unless you trust the WEF overlords not to feed you with bugs.

The Dutch delegation at the WEF meetings was one of the largest. It is just heartbreaking to see a country I lived in go down that route.
I don't think many citizens can see what is happening.

Remember what Mark Rutte said recently "Ukraine's war is also our war". Personally I think it's disgusting, whilst you are actively trying to erase a profession / lifestyle from your own country.

I think the Germans have too much control what is going on in The Netherlands. Consider the migrants that had to be absorbed after Merkel's big mouth. They are still dealing with problems with that very much. It is only a small country. But if farming is bad and more migrants is good then that is their choice.

I worry the fragmented political system in The Netherlands cannot turn that tide of political influence. (Very easy to ignore a certain group of voices with so many parties, what I've seen happen in their elections for the last 10 years)

Anyway those our my thoughts. If the Dutch are happy and think they are free, they should go along with whatever is best.

I'm confronted with my own set of political imbeciles here in the UK who completely baffle me with every clown move they make it has to be said.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 06:57:00 PM
Merited by WatChe (1)

Isaiah 22:22 NIV
I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David; what he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open.

Mysterious are his ways... But i follow and obey them blindly nonetheless. For i know his wisdom has no comparison
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 07:04:54 PM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 07:20:58 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Farmer Bill (1)

European countries always dominate the top 10 index, better quality of life.

Whenever you look at the questions used to make such determinations, most of them come down to "is this country implementing Marxist policies?" and are not a direct measure at all. Then when you look at who is commissioning these surveys, well... Be wary of such graphs presented as a fait accompli, especially if they support your biases.

My suspicion is that if you honestly look at happiness levels... they're mostly going to be fairly uniform cause that's just the way people work.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 2113

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 07:30:21 PM

I don't understand how they allow these systems to operate when they are literally less safe than a drunk driver and they would not be able to pass a driving test in the first place.

They are not supposed to be operating unsupervised. Which totally ignores how humans behave.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1850
Merit: 2829

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 07:31:48 PM

WTF???
It seems Elon doesn't know about the Lightning Network!

Elon Musk, the famous billionaire and Tesla CEO, compared Dogecoin and Bitcoin in an interview recently with the Full Send Podcast. The ardent supporter of Dogecoin said the meme coin has more transactional capacity than BTC.

https://crypto.news/elon-musk-says-dogecoin-can-handle-more-transactions-compared-to-bitcoin/
Elon is zero, nada, outsider, autist and asperger. These creatures look like humans, talk like humans, but are not humans. They have no human emotions like sympathy and empathy and can't get the irony and sarcasm. They can memorize whole books but can't understand why 2+2=4. Zero wisdom! But sometimes they get lucky and have a false success only because of the people who believe in them. This is the typical USA dream, istn't it? One might be a complete imbecile, but still can become incredibly rich and even a president. And the sheep follow them to their complete destruction.
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 07:45:03 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), JayJuanGee (2)

At least he didn't lose everything!

He could buy 23 bucks worth of satoshis and still win having learned a valuable lesson.

(Yes I know its clickbait, with the aim of painting Bitcoin in a bad light, to dissuade people from buying actual Bitcoin.)
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 07:49:00 PM
Merited by Farmer Bill (1)

With propaganda I mean the "the USA is the greatest country in the world and single handedly saved Europe propaganda"
It was a common effort of many nations yet the USA tries to frame it as a 100% USA action. But yes we have the USA, UK, Canada, etc. to thank for the help. It was a world war...

And the USA was quick to take in (and blanket pardon) all NAZIs that were developing tech like Wernher von Braun who developed the V2 rocket before developing the Saturn V rocket.

But enough with history. Bitcoin is doing nicely  Grin
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 2486

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 07:53:57 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (9)

RIP Olivia Newton-John.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 08:01:21 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2022, 09:01:30 PM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 31014 31015 31016 31017 31018 31019 31020 31021 31022 31023 31024 31025 31026 31027 31028 31029 31030 31031 31032 31033 31034 31035 31036 31037 31038 31039 31040 31041 31042 31043 31044 31045 31046 31047 31048 31049 31050 31051 31052 31053 31054 31055 31056 31057 31058 31059 31060 31061 31062 31063 [31064] 31065 31066 31067 31068 31069 31070 31071 31072 31073 31074 31075 31076 31077 31078 31079 31080 31081 31082 31083 31084 31085 31086 31087 31088 31089 31090 31091 31092 31093 31094 31095 31096 31097 31098 31099 31100 31101 31102 31103 31104 31105 31106 31107 31108 31109 31110 31111 31112 31113 31114 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: