June 20, 2024, 06:41:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 [6024] 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 ... 33463 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403541 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:08:40 PM

Just woke up, why it went down again?  Roll Eyes

Because the Chinese obviously are banning litecoin Smiley
I know that in December 7 or so coins were mentioned in a Chinese news but this years , did those statements mentioned any other coin other than bitcoin?
edwardspitz

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:09:49 PM

Well, for a long term investor, it is really better to not check the charts and the forum for a half year, just like I did last year. Because this price movements are really silly Grin

Yes I agree. I don't think that now is a bad time to buy if you are in it for long term. I consider doing that myself. For now I am attempting my luck at day trading I still make mistakes and I am not sure it is worth the time. It is funny however. I am short and mid term bearish but long term bullish. So my plan is to wait a bit (maybe 2 weeks) and then go long term.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 12:13:45 PM

Well, for a long term investor, it is really better to not check the charts and the forum for a half year, just like I did last year. Because this price movements are really silly Grin

Day traders are dedicated, I give them that much. I track major bubble movements and overall sentiments, but some stuff I read on here is from 24 hour chart watchers who seem to make decisions and start drawing lines with every $5 fluctuation in price. I could never do that. I just hope they are successful enough to make it worth their while, let alone not lose their shirt. Seems like a sad way to spend a majority of one's time, especially with nice weather on the horizon (here in Canada anyways, I am hoping).

Successful day traders provide a vital function. They are the liquidity providers, the decentral bankers of Bitcoin. They reduce volatility by profiting from it. They accomplish this without even intending to, by looking after their own interest.
rjp55

Activity: 798

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 12:18:55 PM

Day traders are dedicated, I give them that much. I track major bubble movements and overall sentiments, but some stuff I read on here is from 24 hour chart watchers who seem to make decisions and start drawing lines with every $5 fluctuation in price. I could never do that. I just hope they are successful enough to make it worth their while, let alone not lose their shirt. Seems like a sad way to spend a majority of one's time, especially with nice weather on the horizon (here in Canada anyways, I am hoping).

Successful day traders provide a vital function. They are the liquidity providers, the decentral bankers of Bitcoin. They reduce volatility by profiting from it. They accomplish this without even intending to, by looking after their own interest.

Key word there is successful though. Like I said if it is enough to make it worth your while, all the best of course. I fear there are less of you than what is actually admitted to as is always the case with "gambling", even educated gambling.

Edit. Back on topic- fluctuation! Resume speculating.
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:23:26 PM

So predictable its kinda scary
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:25:42 PM

I don't agree with your statement, inexperienced daily traders are causing the volatility, or should I call them "pigs" that jumps in and out without knowing what they are doing, a small price drop (5$) makes them sell and bring the price down and shout "Bitcoin IS DONE, IT IS THE END", then a small rise of 5$ makes them all buy back and yell "TO DA MOON".....

Why should Bitcoin go to wallstreet if wallstreet traders can make tons of money from such unregulated market with all these noobs around ? the moment Bitcoin hit Wall street they will lose this kind of game....take china as an example, anyone farts there the price crash, no new news, they use the same old thing to trigger panic and make tons of money.... I find it really hard to make money the last few months, I used to take a spot and stick to it when we didn't have these Chinese shit around, now it is impossible to predict a direction... because you know "you never know when the Chinese fart".
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:28:56 PM

Key word there is successful though. Like I said if it is enough to make it worth your while, all the best of course. I fear there are less of you than what is actually admitted to as is always the case with "gambling", even educated gambling.

Edit. Back on topic- fluctuation! Resume speculating.

I've just been reading up on spread betting cos of  Ristos thread.

"According to an article in The Times dated 10 April 2009 approximately 30,000 spread bet accounts were opened last year, and that the largest study of gambling in the UK on behalf of the Gambling Commission found that serious problems developed in almost 15% of spread betters compared to 1% of other gambling.[8] In addition a report from Cass Business School found that only 1 in 5 gamblers ends up a winner.[9] As noted in the report, this corresponds to the same ratio of successful gamblers in regular trading.[10] Evidence from spread betting firms themselves actually put this closer to being 1 in 10 traders as being profitable, with a high number of clients suffering from the volatility that is supposed to be one of the benefits of spread betting."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spread_betting

HODL!
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 12:33:08 PM

So predictable its kinda scary

THIS part is, but will I get my $340 retest? If it holds on high volume, we can tell the Chinese to reary go fook themselves.
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 12:38:11 PM

I don't agree with your statement, inexperienced daily traders are causing the volatility, or should I call them "pigs" that jumps in and out without knowing what they are doing, a small price drop (5$) makes them sell and bring the price down and shout "Bitcoin IS DONE, IT IS THE END", then a small rise of 5$ makes them all buy back and yell "TO DA MOON".....

Why should Bitcoin go to wallstreet if wallstreet traders can make tons of money from such unregulated market with all these noobs around ? the moment Bitcoin hit Wall street they will lose this kind of game....take china as an example, anyone farts there the price crash, no new news, they use the same old thing to trigger panic and make tons of money.... I find it really hard to make money the last few months, I used to take a spot and stick to it when we didn't have these Chinese shit around, now it is impossible to predict a direction... because you know "you never know when the Chinese fart".

That's why I qualified my statement and said "successful" traders. Noobs only exist to pay off the vets unless they learn before they go broke.
octaft

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:48:59 PM

I've always wondered why you call them "pigs." Going after the scraps? Feeding from the trough? Plain old greedy? I can't figure it out.
edwardspitz

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:49:23 PM

I agree that some day traders scream and shout a lot, but I don't think you are right about traders causing the volatility. Log term investors just follow a log term trend and they will sometimes just dump/buy a huge amount of coin out of the blue. That is very confusing, but also great for day traders. They quickly spot this and drive the market in the opposite direction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 12:56:38 PM

You ignore the chart indicators because of your belief, and then complain later and ask why you are losing.

I ignore the chart indicators, because I still don't know how to read chart indicators. I'm still learning, so I follow this forum for advice, and then follow the forum's advice not to follow any advice I find on this forum.

I have no idea whether I should be shorting right now and buying back lower. Last time I panic sold, I lost 1/8 of my investment.

No one can "read" the chart indicators correctly all the time because there are too many of them and they more often than not conflict. TERA, who admittedly does not do well unless there is a raging bull cycle, is telling people to do more of what he does. Not sure why.

At any rate, a good understanding of both technicals and fundamentals, a willingness to study the market behavior, and a good instinct is what you should aim for.

My 2cents here. Its not a great place to short. 520 was a great place to short.  This market is selling off on low volume into a lot of resistance. Sure it could do this for the next 2 weeks like it did in March, but thats not for certain. A news articles could crash it as well, but there is no news on the weekends most of the time.

I think its a good time to be out of coins into fiat until the continuation (my most likely scenario) of the bear market is confirmed.

I believe that I get what you are saying here; however how do you know when to get back in?  Are you getting back in, at some point?  $440-ish?  or lower?  and let's say we get to $440ish, then rally but bull trap?  you go based on volume to figure out whether it is a true rally?  it is just so hard to tell if there is a whale or two who seem to be selling at a loss, just to drive down prices.  You cannot be sure about when that whale is going to change strategies.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:00:17 PM

Explanation
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 01:04:18 PM

You ignore the chart indicators because of your belief, and then complain later and ask why you are losing.

I ignore the chart indicators, because I still don't know how to read chart indicators. I'm still learning, so I follow this forum for advice, and then follow the forum's advice not to follow any advice I find on this forum.

I have no idea whether I should be shorting right now and buying back lower. Last time I panic sold, I lost 1/8 of my investment.

No one can "read" the chart indicators correctly all the time because there are too many of them and they more often than not conflict. TERA, who admittedly does not do well unless there is a raging bull cycle, is telling people to do more of what he does. Not sure why.

At any rate, a good understanding of both technicals and fundamentals, a willingness to study the market behavior, and a good instinct is what you should aim for.

My 2cents here. Its not a great place to short. 520 was a great place to short.  This market is selling off on low volume into a lot of resistance. Sure it could do this for the next 2 weeks like it did in March, but thats not for certain. A news articles could crash it as well, but there is no news on the weekends most of the time.

I think its a good time to be out of coins into fiat until the continuation (my most likely scenario) of the bear market is confirmed.

I believe that I get what you are saying here; however how do you know when to get back in?  Are you getting back in, at some point?  $440-ish?  or lower?  and let's say we get to $440ish, then rally but bull trap?  you go based on volume to figure out whether it is a true rally?  it is just so hard to tell if there is a whale or two who seem to be selling at a loss, just to drive down prices.  You cannot be sure about when that whale is going to change strategies.

The Bitcoin day trading meat grinder: where the only line sure to go parabolic is the learning curve.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:05:28 PM

These notices on the Chinese exchange websites may be relevant, especially the OKCoin one below:

Huobi, April 17 17:16 CST = April 17 09:16 UTC
http://www.huobi.com/news/index.php?a=show_notice&id=324
Notice of suspension of bank recharge fire coins network approach

Time :2014-04-17 17:16:40 Source: Huobi.com

Dear Huobi.com users:

16:15 this afternoon received a branch of China Construction Bank on land client manager notification requirements should be higher line, CCB will suspend the provision of services for Huobi gold into the network. Due to the current banking policy uncertainties, we have decided to suspend the bank recharge this way (withdrawals are not affected), to be determined before making policy adjustments. Users can use the recharge card, prepaid card supports all major banks, 7 * 24 hours a timely arrival.

Huobi.com Operations

OKCoin, April 18 20:29 CST  = April 18 12:29 UTC
https://www.okcoin.com/t-1008440.html
Title: OKCoin revalue recharge way, you know everything!
[] OKCoin emergency notification platform Fraud Guide # 1 Posted :2014-04-18 20:29:42 - IP:. 114.249 * *.
OKCoin revalue recharge way, you know everything!
You know everything! Due to the current banking policy uncertainty, recent recharge channel is not stable, we decided to suspend the bank recharge this way (withdrawals are not affected), to be determined before making policy adjustments; Currently we please recharge code to recharge, recharge recharge code to support all mainstream banks, OKCoin funds will make every effort to ensure that users can properly recharge.
In order not to affect the normal market conditions, the recent adjustment of the way the site will no longer recharge announcement, users Please login OKCoin before recharge recharge using the latest methods. Recharge encounter any problems, please contact OKCoin24 hour customer service phone 400-660-9037.
magicmexican

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:23:44 PM

Where are links to scary chiniese articles, i think its time
SFHere

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:27:08 PM

Am I the only one questioning this downward trend?

Also listening to run to the hills by iron maiden while watching this has brought great joy.
Bagatell

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:31:03 PM

Am I the only one questioning this downward trend?

Which downward trend? There are several.
GameStarter

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 01:34:18 PM

So we return to catch the knife game .  How don't you want to day trade bitcoin it is so funny
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 01:35:38 PM

I still have my bids in the 300s, don't expect them to get filled, but would be nice if they did.
Pages: « 1 ... 5974 5975 5976 5977 5978 5979 5980 5981 5982 5983 5984 5985 5986 5987 5988 5989 5990 5991 5992 5993 5994 5995 5996 5997 5998 5999 6000 6001 6002 6003 6004 6005 6006 6007 6008 6009 6010 6011 6012 6013 6014 6015 6016 6017 6018 6019 6020 6021 6022 6023 [6024] 6025 6026 6027 6028 6029 6030 6031 6032 6033 6034 6035 6036 6037 6038 6039 6040 6041 6042 6043 6044 6045 6046 6047 6048 6049 6050 6051 6052 6053 6054 6055 6056 6057 6058 6059 6060 6061 6062 6063 6064 6065 6066 6067 6068 6069 6070 6071 6072 6073 6074 ... 33463 »
  Print  

Jump to: