May 08, 2024, 02:11:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 [6275] 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 ... 33331 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26373718 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
xulescu

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:56:39 AM

I do agree with you to the extent that we seem to be transitioning into some uncertain state of affairs that could get messy b/c of the fact that bitcoin (and other crypto currencies) are disruptive to the status quo.  Certainly, I do NOT feel that I have a very clear vision regarding how the struggle is going to play out, and I would NOT put it past various governmental and corporate institutions to engage in various co-optation tactics.  There will also be areas in which these entities are NOT able to co-opt and areas of ambiguity in which some semblance of freedom could prevail.  I would NOT want to predict too soon about whether and/or who suffers bloody battles or paradise(s) within this evolving new social order... but we likely know that the haves and the haves not tend to come out differently with any evolving change to the status quo.

Tech always wins. Some haves will adapt, some not. Some have nots will adapt, some not. Many people will die or be in a state of social suspension until they die. There are too many people on Earth, but there will be even more. We're burning debt with inflation and more struggle. The net effect is that society accelerates exponentially (and has done so for a while now). Tech loves this. Tech loves everyone. Not everyone loves tech. They will be swept away.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:56:50 AM

I'm sorry, but if there is anyone on here that does not see the blatant similarities to the market's  sell off behavior now vs. the days leading up to the Gox closure, then you deserve not to make any money.
I don't know whether there is similarity yet. 

FXBTC closed down neatly - stopped deposits, stopped trading, allowed ample time for withdrawals.  Exactly the opposite of MtGOX.

(By blocking withdrawals while allowing deposits and posting a price 10-20% over market, Mark tricked who-knows-many
newbie investors into a trap that he knew would eat their money.  That is NOT mere incompetence, sorry.)

Will Huobi and OKCoin also close down neatly? I find it worrisome that Huobi still has posted no announcement about it on their homepage; the last notice there is still from Apr/17.

Are they BTC and/or CNY solvent?  I would rather think so, MtGOX's collapse should have been a clear lesson.   If they are insolvent, however, they will may have to block withdrawals early and without warning, and then their CEOS will probably be in deep trouble. 

Sudden collapses may actually be the best scenario for the price, since it will decouple those exchanges from the market before all their BTC balances are taken out.  If they are solvent and close neatly like FXBTC, more coins will be taken out, therefore more coins will hit the western exchanges, and the price will drop more.

On the other hand, more GOX-style failures may lower the public confidence in Bitcoin and thus lower its price too.  Who knows.

techboy

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:58:36 AM

Are we going to see BTC price at 1k usd anytime soon?
xulescu

Activity: 263

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:00:20 AM

I'm sorry, but if there is anyone on here that does not see the blatant similarities to the market's  sell off behavior now vs. the days leading up to the Gox closure, then you deserve not to make any money.
I don't know whether there is similarity yet.  

FXBTC closed down neatly - stopped deposits, stopped trading, allowed ample time for withdrawals.  Exactly the opposite of MtGOX.

(By blocking withdrawals while allowing deposits and posting a price 10-20% over market, Mark tricked who-knows-many
newbie investors into a trap that he knew would eat their money.  That is NOT mere incompetence, sorry.)

Will Huobi and OKCoin also close down neatly? I find it worrisome that Huobi still has posted no announcement about it on their homepage; the last notice there is still from Apr/17.

Are they BTC and/or CNY solvent?  I would rather think so, MtGOX's collapse should have been a clear lesson.   If they are insolvent, however, they will may have to block withdrawals early and without warning, and then their CEOS will probably be in deep trouble.  

Sudden collapses may actually be the best scenario for the price, since it will decouple those exchanges from the market before all their BTC balances are taken out.  If they are solvent and close neatly like FXBTC, more coins will be taken out, therefore more coins will hit the western exchanges, and the price will drop more.

On the other hand, more GOX-style failures may lower the public confidence in Bitcoin and thus lower its price too.  Who knows.

Hey Jorge, I heard you named Earth Mover Distance in like... last century. Came up in my research. My respect for you grows.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:00:49 AM

Explanation
Tyson95

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:01:43 AM

So if you guys were Chinese what would your exit strategy have been?
Mine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKBLf-crl0Y&list=FLKxMahK_-dKbLrBdb-nnNtw&index=2
Davyd05

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:07:57 AM

so is this bounce a nice bull trap ? I sure feel like it might be ... hate fast recoveries unless BTC China tweeted some sort of clarification
F-bernanke

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:12:42 AM

this looks like "good newses" from china?!
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:16:04 AM

Pretty impressive pump out of China.

I assume there is some news?
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:18:39 AM

"there must be news" - exactly what a pumper wants you to think.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:20:33 AM

从2009年比特币诞生开始,由于其思路创新、数学设计优美,比特币在世界各国都有所发展,很多人认为比特币作为一种支付技术,可以提高效率、降低成本。世界各国的监管机构出于对创新的尊重,给了比特币合适的发展空间,我国监管机构也非常睿智地给了比特币相对宽容的监管环境,并在五部委联合文件中提出自担风险的情况下可以自由买卖比特币。
  然而我们也看到比特币在中国的发展中出现了一些问题,比如价格上涨过快、庄家操盘、对散户的风险提示不足等等,导致了一些中小投资者出现了损失。作为比特币交易平台,对目前出现的各种问题,我们的确负有不可推卸的责任。目前OKCoin、BtcTrade、火币网、比特币中国、CHBTC五家交易平台经过深刻的反省和讨论,决定采取一致的自律行动,促进比特币的积极发展。

我们联合承诺:

1、做好比特币交易风险提示,引导民众正常的投资观念
2、不组织及参与大型营销性质的比特币会议或集会,引导行业会议向技术及应用创新的方向发展
3、遵守政策法规,在合法合规的框架下运作交易平台,在5月10号之前停止新的融资融币,在全部融资或融币还清后停止杆杠交易业务
4、抑制过度投机,保护中小投资者,对高频交易征收一定的手续费,五大交易平台随后会讨论出统一的费率
5、推进交易平台透明化进程,控制好清算、结算环节的风险
6、遵守国家相关部门的要求,严格进行实名制认证,可疑交易跟踪反馈以及履行反洗钱义务

7、建立健全的信息批露机制,让投资者拥有充分知情权
8、定期主动向主管部门汇报行业的最新发展、风险等

以下五家比特币交易平台自愿遵守上述约定,并同意加强磋商,积极促进公开透明的比特币交易,让比特币在中国得到健康发展,同时接受各方的监督。

联合声明成员:
OKCoin BtcTrade 比特币中国 火币网 CHBTC
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10221

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:20:59 AM

To respond to my earlier comment, I felt bad about ignoring you cause..there really was no reason.. lol ..and in your first response to my post you understood my meaning 100%.  So in honor of that, though you may not care, have earned life time un-ignored status...But yea more tolerance for walls of text as trolls just usually post cheap ass one liners!

That is pretty hilarious... to achieve reversal of ignore status.   Cheesy    I can definitely appreciate that people get frustrated with the numerous posts in this thread that seem to meander.  I try to make my post substantive and contributory, yet I understand that sometimes, my posts will turn people off - especially if they are responding to some random matter that does NOT even seem to relate to the theme of the thread.

Sorry Adam... hahahaha .   

I was reading through the article at yeah it really does scream hey we need bitcoin cause we're just stepping over constitutional rights life right and center..and then oh hey a Corporation broke the law...ahh fuck it.. fine em their daily lunch money.

All three articles tend to show a pattern of behavior in which the connected people tend to get away with a lot more than the unconnected people.  I appreciate that in theory, bitcoin and other crypto-currencies can disrupt the policies, practices and procedures of the status quo institutions, yet the achievement of more "just" institutions and practices is NOT a given.

I think that a lot of people who are into bitcoin recognize ways in which bitcoin can address some of the injustices of society, yet many of us hopefully "early" adopters also believe that appreciation of bitcoin prices could also help us personally to be financially above the fray, to some extent.

I personally believe that we need to remain somewhat sophisticated in our participation in and our approach to bitcoin by diversifying our assets and investments in such a way that we can hopefully profit from the adoption of bitcoin while at the same time take safeguards from being an easy target of various governmental and/or institutional hostilities when we are attempting to advocate, employ or apply the disruptive aspects of bitcoin.

windjc
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:21:57 AM

That was the biggest pump in Houbi for a long time - 100+ CYN in about 15 minutes.

I shorted some more when it spiked up, but I'm still curious what that was about. Would a pumper really try to make it look like we had a double bottom at 2555? That just doesnt seem as likely as news.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:22:32 AM

从2009年比特币诞生开始,由于其思路创新、数学设计优美,比特币在世界各国都有所发展,很多人认为比特币作为一种支付技术,可以提高效率、降低成本。世界各国的监管机构出于对创新的尊重,给了比特币合适的发展空间,我国监管机构也非常睿智地给了比特币相对宽容的监管环境,并在五部委联合文件中提出自担风险的情况下可以自由买卖比特币。
  然而我们也看到比特币在中国的发展中出现了一些问题,比如价格上涨过快、庄家操盘、对散户的风险提示不足等等,导致了一些中小投资者出现了损失。作为比特币交易平台,对目前出现的各种问题,我们的确负有不可推卸的责任。目前OKCoin、BtcTrade、火币网、比特币中国、CHBTC五家交易平台经过深刻的反省和讨论,决定采取一致的自律行动,促进比特币的积极发展。

我们联合承诺:

8、定期主动向主管部门汇报行业的最新发展、风险等

联合声明成员:

Wow. Thanks for the translation.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:25:11 AM

Holy Crap!  If that's the news, then holy crap.

Basically all the exchanges saying they will do things right.

That is nothing more than transparent PR to try and put out fires. That's very bearish imo.

They said nothing about having ways to deposit fiat. They basically are at a point where they are praying the Chinese government has mercy on them.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:25:14 AM

我们联合承诺:

8、定期主动向主管部门汇报行业的最新发展、风险等

联合声明成员:

Oh I see. The pumpers wrote a statement.  What does this actually change.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:25:19 AM

我们联合承诺:

8、定期主动向主管部门汇报行业的最新发展、风险等

联合声明成员:

Here you go buddy

2009-től a Bitcoin születése , mert az innovatív gondolkodás , a matematika és a gyönyörű design, Bitcoin alakult ki a világban , sokan azt hiszik , hogy a Bitcoin , mint a fizetési technológia, amely a hatékonyság javítása és a költségek csökkentése . Szabályozási ügynökségek világszerte való tekintettel az innováció , adott Bitcoin alkalmas a fejlődés, a kínai szabályozók is nagyon bölcsen adott Bitcoin viszonylag toleráns a szabályozási környezet, valamint javaslatot tesz saját kockázatukra az öt minisztérium közösen fájlba az ügy lehet kereskedni szabadon bitcoin .
Ugyanakkor azt is látni van néhány probléma Bitcoin Kína fejlődése , mint például az árak emelkedtek túl gyorsan , így a manipulátor , a hiányának kockázata kiskereskedelmi tippek, stb , oda vezetett, hogy a megjelenése számos kis befektetők elvesztették . A Bitcoin kereskedési platform , jelenleg úgy tűnik, a különböző kérdésekben , nem vonhatja ki magát a felelősséget. Jelenleg OKCoin , BtcTrade , tűz valuta hálózat bitcoin Kína , CHBTC öt kereskedési platform után mély gondolkodás és vita, úgy döntött, hogy a saját következetes cselekvés , hogy a pozitív fejlődésének Bitcoin .

Mi közös elkötelezettség :

1 , ne Bitcoin ügylet kockázatát kéri , hogy irányítsák az állami beruházási koncepciók normális
2 , nem vesznek részt a nagy marketing szervezetek és a természet a Bitcoin találkozók és összejövetelek , találkozók és iparág-vezető szerepet az irányt a technológiai fejlődés és az innovatív
3. betartása politikák és szabályozások keretében, működésének jogi megfelelés kereskedési platform , mielőtt május 10 megállítani finanszírozása új finanszírozási valuta után pénznemben fizeti ki az összes létesítmény vagy megállás tőkeáttételes pénzügyi kereskedelmi tevékenység
4 , hogy megfékezze a túlzott spekuláció és védik a kis befektetők, egy bizonyos díjat vetnek ki a magas frekvenciájú kereskedés , az öt kereskedési platform fogja beszélni egységes mértéke
5 , hogy támogassák a folyamat átlátható kereskedési platformok , ellenőrzési elszámolási , kiegyenlítési kockázat kapcsolat
6 , megfelelnek az érintett állami szervek , a szigorú valós név rendszer tanúsítás, nyomon gyanús ügyletek és hajtsa végre a pénzmosás elleni kötelezettségek visszajelzést

7. , létrehozása és fejlesztése az információk közzététele mechanizmust , hogy a befektetők teljes mértékben joga van tudni,
8. , rendszeresen megteszi a kezdeményezését , hogy jelentse a legújabb fejlesztéseket az iparban, a kockázatot, hogy az illetékes hatóságok , stb

A következő öt Bitcoin kereskedési platform önkéntes teljesítés a megállapodás , és megállapodtak abban , hogy erősítse konzultáció és aktívan elősegítik a nyílt és átlátható Bitcoin tranzakció , így a Bitcoin egészséges fejlődését Kínában, és fogadja el a felügyeletet a felek .

Közös nyilatkozat Tagok:
OKCoin BtcTrade bitcoin valuta hálózat CHBTC China tűz
fortif78

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:25:33 AM

我们联合承诺:

8、定期主动向主管部门汇报行业的最新发展、风险等

联合声明成员:

copy and paste it into google translate.  Shocked technology!
Davyd05

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:25:55 AM

From 2009 Bitcoin birth, because of its innovative thinking , math and beautiful design , Bitcoin has developed in the world , many people think that bitcoins as a payment technology that can improve efficiency and reduce costs. Regulatory agencies around the world out of respect for innovation , given Bitcoin suitable for development , China's regulators are also very wisely gave Bitcoin relatively tolerant regulatory environment , and propose their own risk in the five ministries jointly file the case can be traded freely bitcoins .
However, we also see there are some problems bitcoins in China 's development, such as prices rose too fast , making the manipulator , the risk of lack of retail tips , etc., has led to the emergence of a number of small investors lost . As Bitcoin trading platform , currently appears on various issues , we do not shirk responsibility. Currently OKCoin, BtcTrade, fire currency network, bitcoin China , CHBTC five trading platform after deep reflection and discussion, decided to take a self- consistent action to promote positive development of Bitcoin .

Our joint commitment :

1, do Bitcoin transaction risk prompts to guide public investment concepts normal
2, do not participate in large marketing organizations and the nature of Bitcoin meetings or gatherings, meetings and lead the industry in the direction of technology development and application of innovative
3 , compliance with policies and regulations, in the framework of the operation of legal compliance trading platform before May 10 to stop financing new financing currency after currency to pay off all of the facility or stopping leveraged finance trading operations
4 , to curb excessive speculation and protect small investors , for a certain fee levied on high-frequency trading , the five trading platform will then discuss a unified rate
5 , to promote transparency in the process of trading platforms , control clearing , settlement risk link
6 , comply with the requirements of relevant state departments , strict real-name system certification, tracking suspicious transactions and perform anti-money laundering obligations feedback

7 , establish and improve the information disclosure mechanism , so that investors have full right to know
8 , regularly take the initiative to report the latest developments in the industry, the risk to the competent authorities , etc.

The following five Bitcoin trading platform for voluntary compliance of the agreement , and agreed to strengthen consultation and actively promote open and transparent Bitcoin transaction , let bitcoin healthy development in China , and accept the supervision of the parties.

Joint Statement Members:
OKCoin BtcTrade bitcoin currency network CHBTC China fire

did someone beat me to an English version?

edited for grammar on my part only.. and then pointed out something I think is interesting at the least lol
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:27:55 AM

Chessnut says this is bullish.
Pages: « 1 ... 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 [6275] 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 6283 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 ... 33331 »
  Print  

Jump to: