June 22, 2024, 06:01:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 6514 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 6523 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 [6557] 6558 6559 6560 6561 6562 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 6568 6569 6570 6571 6572 6573 6574 6575 6576 6577 6578 6579 6580 6581 6582 6583 6584 6585 6586 6587 6588 6589 6590 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 6597 6598 6599 6600 6601 6602 6603 6604 6605 6606 6607 ... 33469 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26404630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:36:49 AM

Is this for real or just another bitcoinwisdom glitch?

Or a fault of the fake volume bot at Huobi.

windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:37:31 AM

Litecoin seems to be firmly uncoupled from bitcoin now (if that's not an oxymoron). Doge also falling. Dark days ahead for both?

Do you not remember way way way way way way back 6 months ago, back when it was the year 2013, long long ago, when LTC was .007 btc? 1/3 of what it is now?

Probably not, that was a long time ago.

Sorry, not sure I follow your point. It's been uncoupled before and survived/caught up just fine, so the same could happen again?
Another fair point, though the landscape is VERY different now.

Darkcoin will never get the mainstream adoption of BTC/LTC

this is all about new coin vitality that you are enjoying now ...if and when it comes on teh radar of any government/political/banking sector it will be firmly stomped on teh head

Enjoy your kiddie fanatsy of smoking cigarettes down the back of the bus Darkcoin coolness... i.e creating a coin that by design is made to launder money & buy drugs is really going to go down well with society & the infrastructural systems that you will need to connect with

Also welcome to teh world of anybody who has/uses DRK are now targets for law enforcement types

DARKCOINS future look really bright to me ...lolz

Never owned a single DRK, never plan to. It was an example - an apt one, given that it currently has #3 market cap.

Agreed, DRK is just another regular hype.

What makes a coin succeed is the infrastructure surrounding it.
Even though privacy may be a factor, no one actually uses darkcoin, or will use it.
Merchants aren't going to accept darkcoin. Litecoin on the other hand, though it may not be technologically different from bitcoin, has a huge
network and infrastructure compared to the other alts.

LTC will be still number 2 when Darkcoin is rotting in the altcoin graveyard where all the other so-called LTC successors are rotting now, Auroracoin, etc.

I predict that LTC, together with the older, more establshed alts, will see a huge price surge in this bubble, BTC-ratio wise.
The older, the more established a coin, the better. Network and infrastructure are the key words here imho.

I agree. Although I also think any coin that can be traded for fiat directly will have a way to survive outside of Bitcoin. NXT for example will have this soon.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:40:14 AM

Litecoin seems to be firmly uncoupled from bitcoin now (if that's not an oxymoron). Doge also falling. Dark days ahead for both?

Do you not remember way way way way way way back 6 months ago, back when it was the year 2013, long long ago, when LTC was .007 btc? 1/3 of what it is now?

Sorry, not sure I follow your point. It's been uncoupled before and survived/caught up just fine, so the same could happen again?

this is all about new coin vitality that you are enjoying now ...if and when it comes on teh radar of any government/political/banking sector it will be firmly stomped on teh head

Enjoy your kiddie fanatsy of smoking cigarettes down the back of the bus Darkcoin coolness... i.e creating a coin that by design is made to launder money & buy drugs is really going to go down well with society & the infrastructural systems that you will need to connect with

Also welcome to teh world of anybody who has/uses DRK are now targets for law enforcement types

Never owned a single DRK, never plan to. It was an example - an apt one, given that it currently has #3 market cap.

Even though privacy may be a factor, no one actually uses darkcoin, or will use it.
Merchants aren't going to accept darkcoin. Litecoin on the other hand, though it may not be technologically different from bitcoin, has a huge

LTC will be still number 2 when Darkcoin is rotting in the altcoin graveyard where all the other so-called LTC successors are rotting now, Auroracoin, etc.

I predict that LTC, together with the older, more establshed alts, will see a huge price surge in this bubble, BTC-ratio wise.
The older, the more established a coin, the better. Network and infrastructure are the key words here imho.

I agree. Although I also think any coin that can be traded for fiat directly will have a way to survive outside of Bitcoin. NXT for example will have this soon.

I'm happy to stand corrected on this one. (I know, standard procedure is to disappear for a while when a good point is made, sorry.)
Very pleased about NXT getting a fiat exchange soon. I'm more invested there, in both senses, than anything else. I recently sold what few LTC I had for NXT for that reason.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:46:54 AM

I'm happy to stand corrected on this one. (I know, standard procedure is to disappear for a while when a good point is made, sorry.)
Very pleased about NXT getting a fiat exchange soon. I'm more invested there, in both senses, than anything else. I recently sold what few LTC I had for NXT for that reason.

NXT, more than any other coin and ecosystem has already decoupled from Bitcoin.

NXT price is hindered by the lack of exposure - the inability to implement its code into large exchanges like Mintpay due to the fact that its not a bitcoin clone. This has caused the dissemination of coins to be slowed down and a price "cap" to be forced on the coin for a long time now.

However, it has no less than 100 different development projects in the works, more than any other coin besides BTC.

NXT is a long term play, imo.  It might be at around the same price it is today (in BTC terms) 6 months from now. But when it "pops" it has the potential to pop big and have that pop be sustained.

Its definitely the lead dog in the 2.0 world. For now at least.
ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:50:44 AM

NXT price is hindered by the lack of exposure - the inability to implement its code into large exchanges like Mintpay due to the fact that its not a bitcoin clone. This has caused the dissemination of coins to be slowed down and a price "cap" to be forced on the coin for a long time now.

However, it has no less than 100 different development projects in the works, more than any other coin besides BTC.

NXT is a long term play, imo.  It might be at around the same price it is today (in BTC terms) 6 months from now. But when it "pops" it has the potential to pop big and have that pop be sustained.

I guess no one told you about Mastercoin
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:52:42 AM

A few hours ago, I thought that I spotted a couple of significant transactions at Huobi that occurred below the highest bid at the time.  Either that, or robots re-populated the spread after a dump with several bids, so quickly that the current price and highest bid did not change on the chart.  This glitch now makes me wonder...

Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 09:53:24 AM

This is pretty much how I see it. But it's worth noting that it is being badly held back and it's already #5. A lot of good devs, great community, a lot of promise. And not exactly a competitor to bitcoin, either, which could help a lot.
Fiat exchange should improve exposure. Multigateway too.
dreamspark

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:54:21 AM

A few hours ago, I thought that I spotted a couple of significant transactions at Huobi that occurred below the highest bid at the time.  Either that, or robots re-populated the spread after a dump with several bids, so quickly that the current price and highest bid did not change on the chart.  This glitch now makes me wonder...

If your watching bitcoinwisdom rather than actual order books this happens all the time. Its just the bids filling in after a trade is executed which could be 15 secs ago real time.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:55:22 AM

I guess no one told you about Mastercoin

Yeah, I know all about it. Its at the mercy of the bitcoin protocol and therefore is a non-starter imo.
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 09:59:30 AM

I hate glitches like that because it stuffs up the view of the chart
On bitcoinwisdom you can select Settings/Chart range/Auto to clip such glitches.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:00:37 AM

Explanation
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:00:43 AM

On bitcoinwisdom you can select Settings/Chart range/Auto to clip such glitches.

Jorge, dont you have a job?

Or do you just take your tax payer salary, pocket it every week while you obsess over a currency you do not own?

Don't you have work to do?
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:05:07 AM

Or do you just take your tax payer salary, pocket it every week while you obsess over a currency you do not own?
Don't you have work to do?
It is 07:04 am here.  My class tonight starts early, at 19:00.
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:11:17 AM

And, by the way, last week a former student of mine came to ask me about bitcoin.  Someone was trying to get him into a GPU-based mining business.

I think I am doing my job by gawking here.
windjc
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:13:56 AM

And, by the way, last week a former student of mine came to ask me about bitcoin.  Someone was trying to get him into a GPU-based mining business.

Sure whatever you need to tell yourself.

I hope you at least told him to take the money and invest it directly into BTC vs. mining equipment.

But, I am sure you told him to keep with fiat instead, and let it deflate along with the rest of the Brazilian economy.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:15:13 AM

Agreed.

You're our mascot bear... you being around brings us luck, and will propel us to a new ATH!

Btw, if/when this party comes to fruition, and somehow your ticket would be paid for (only xbt accepted, hehe), would you consider joining? You could think of it as one of those field trips anthropologists go on :D
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 10:17:38 AM

@Jorge
I'm curious. You're an academic, and a scientist, I believe. So any theory you hold must be falsifiable in order to be viewed as credible.
Under what criteria would you entertain the idea that you might be wrong about bitcoin, or cryptocurrency in general?
JorgeStolfi

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:31:45 AM

@Jorge
I'm curious. You're an academic, and a scientist, I believe. So any theory you hold must be falsifiable in order to be viewed as credible.
Under what criteria would you entertain the idea that you might be wrong about bitcoin, or cryptocurrency in general?
I answered this some 6,223,678,221 pages ago on this thread.  "Success" will be when bitcoin (or crypto) gets used by a large number of people because it is cheaper/faster/safer/easier/whatever than the alternatives.  Not because one has a BTC stash to burn, not to support the cause, not to evade taxes or make illegal payments, not because it is hip, not to speculate with, not out of curiosity, etc.

Offline key/address generation and asymmetric crypto-signing of "digital checks" are undeniable wins that I am sure will be widely adopted eventually.  As for the rest of the bitcoin protocol, and the Satoshi blockchain in particular, I am more skeptical than ever.
Cassius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 10:35:01 AM

@Jorge
I answered this some 6,223,678,221 pages ago on this thread.  "Success" will be when bitcoin (or crypto) gets used by a large number of people because it is cheaper/faster/safer/easier/whatever than the alternatives.  Not because one has a BTC stash to burn, not to support the cause, not to evade taxes or make illegal payments, not because it is hip, not to speculate with, not out of curiosity, etc.

Offline key/address generation and asymmetric crypto-signing of "digital checks" are undeniable wins that I am sure will be widely adopted eventually.  As for the rest of the bitcoin protocol, and the Satoshi blockchain in particular, I am more skeptical than ever.

I must have missed that. I was probably distracted by a picture of a train at the time.
Define "large number of people".
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 10:45:29 AM

As for the rest of the bitcoin protocol, and the Satoshi blockchain in particular, I am more skeptical than ever.

From you posting history, you seems much more interested in the timing of Chinese people eating and sleeping, rather than the design of blockchain.
Pages: « 1 ... 6507 6508 6509 6510 6511 6512 6513 6514 6515 6516 6517 6518 6519 6520 6521 6522 6523 6524 6525 6526 6527 6528 6529 6530 6531 6532 6533 6534 6535 6536 6537 6538 6539 6540 6541 6542 6543 6544 6545 6546 6547 6548 6549 6550 6551 6552 6553 6554 6555 6556 [6557] 6558 6559 6560 6561 6562 6563 6564 6565 6566 6567 6568 6569 6570 6571 6572 6573 6574 6575 6576 6577 6578 6579 6580 6581 6582 6583 6584 6585 6586 6587 6588 6589 6590 6591 6592 6593 6594 6595 6596 6597 6598 6599 6600 6601 6602 6603 6604 6605 6606 6607 ... 33469 »
  Print  

Jump to: