June 29, 2024, 07:28:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7365 7366 7367 7368 7369 7370 7371 7372 7373 7374 7375 7376 7377 7378 7379 7380 7381 7382 7383 7384 7385 7386 7387 7388 7389 7390 7391 7392 7393 7394 7395 7396 7397 7398 7399 7400 7401 7402 7403 7404 7405 7406 7407 7408 7409 7410 7411 7412 7413 7414 [7415] 7416 7417 7418 7419 7420 7421 7422 7423 7424 7425 7426 7427 7428 7429 7430 7431 7432 7433 7434 7435 7436 7437 7438 7439 7440 7441 7442 7443 7444 7445 7446 7447 7448 7449 7450 7451 7452 7453 7454 7455 7456 7457 7458 7459 7460 7461 7462 7463 7464 7465 ... 33494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26408669 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
uhoh

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:11:00 AM

A peaceful and happy life, free from threat of violence and a long happy family filled and thoughtful life , filled with love and happiness?

or are you some sort of cunt?

oh and  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think that it depends on how you live your life. If you live a virtuous life or you give in to your vices. The choice is for everyone to make for themselves, and the dignified thing to do is to accept the consequences of your choices.
Expecting unconditional well-being is for those, who lack the sense of responsibility.

Yeah fine... you go out dishing the " I hope x gets what they deserve" and try to spin that into some moral high ground... whatever helps you through the day...   I wish everyone including you, happiness and fulfillment and the capacity to evolve and grow (and become better versions of themselves) if that is what they need.. that is what I feel people , all people deserve- and hopefully when people have enough love and understanding in their lives, they can spread it around to those in need.... that is my wish for everyone on this forum and in general....

The amount of people I see on here gleefully wishing people lose their shirts "to get what they deserve" or " to learn a lesson" or "because it will make you laugh so hard" etc etc  makes me want to vomit- it is twisted imo.

What a way to think/spend your time....

Wishing ill on other pople that you do not even know- just for the sake of it, or so you can feel clever... is really really low and dumb in my opinion and is for those who lack humanity.  ( and I hope that those people can become better versions of themselves- ie not be such cunts)

Welcome to the Internet!
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:18:01 AM

Welcome to the Internet!

I hear you, but that is just an excuse people hide behind - fact is if people behave like that online- then there is something wrong with them "in the real world"  and I hope that they can get better soon, and find another path.

bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1000

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:18:09 AM

here is a new coin - Gcoin you can buy with LTC and BTC here: https://askcoin.net/trading/GCN/LTC

so if anyones interested it is the second day on the exchange if i am right and i got mine already Smiley

reminds me the old days when i got involved in BTC.

let's see Smiley
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:18:58 AM

and here it is: https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20140723_report_en.pdf

another apology from Mark and almost nothing new from representative....

what a great day!

We got Goxed one more time!

what are your thoughts? mine is that the price is going up Smiley

hahaha i just love BTC!

Ive read that and have also been following the situation on the IRC channel. The whole thing is such a corporate mess from the way the bankruptcy trustee was speaking it doesn't sound like there will be any real conclusion for at least another 6-12 months.
uhoh

Activity: 742

Circle gets the Square

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:24:56 AM

Welcome to the Internet!

I hear you, but that is just an excuse people hide behind - fact is if people behave like that online- then there is something wrong with them "in the real world"  and I hope that they can get better soon, and find another path.

I agree with you, but I think many of the people that act like proper asshats online would never talk in similar fashion in the 'real world'. People get very self-aggrandizing and obnoxious when they're hiding behind a monitor.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:28:47 AM

Welcome to the Internet!

I agree with you, but I think many of the people that act like proper asshats online would never talk in similar fashion in the 'real world'. People get very self-aggrandizing and obnoxious when they're hiding behind a monitor.

Agreed.

Interesting read - http://www.theguardian.com/science/head-quarters/2014/feb/25/internet-trolls-are-also-real-life-trolls

Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:30:31 AM

Yeah fine... you go out dishing the " I hope x gets what they deserve" and try to spin that into some moral high ground... whatever helps you through the day...   I wish everyone including you, happiness and fulfillment and the capacity to evolve and grow (and become better versions of themselves) if that is what they need.. that is what I feel people , all people deserve- and hopefully when people have enough love and understanding in their lives, they can spread it around to those in need.... that is my wish for everyone on this forum and in general....

The amount of people I see on here gleefully wishing people lose their shirts "to get what they deserve" or " to learn a lesson" or "because it will make you laugh so hard" etc etc  makes me want to vomit- it is twisted imo.

Wishing ill on other pople that you do not even know- just for the sake of it, or so you can feel clever... is really really low and dumb in my opinion and is for those who lack humanity.  ( and I hope that those people can become better versions of themselves- ie not be such cunts)

You have a kind heart if you truly wish everyone else good. I prefer not to wish anything for anyone, especially for someone I know very little of. That's because I think that my wishes have no dominion in this matter. Like I said, everyone will get what they deserve and that will happen no matter what I wished for them.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:32:28 AM

what a great day!

hahaha i just love BTC!

Ive read that and have also been following the situation on the IRC channel. The whole thing is such a corporate mess from the way the bankruptcy trustee was speaking it doesn't sound like there will be any real conclusion for at least another 6-12 months.

I avoid IRC like I avoid the plague- would you mind giving a summary if you have time ? thanks
dreamspark

Activity: 798

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:39:40 AM

what a great day!

hahaha i just love BTC!

I avoid IRC like I avoid the plague- would you mind giving a summary if you have time ? thanks

Long story short (really short);

Nothing much has changed, still no mention of BTC as its dissapearance is under investigation.
Bankruptcy trustee still open to someone buying the company.
Recovery of loans from other subsidaries or parent companies (Tibbane, Bitcoin cafe, Mark himself) are being carried out.
Creditors filing which was set in November likely to be pushed back even further with another creditors meeting in November.

Oh Mark said sorry again...
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:51:01 AM

Quote from: Jorge_Stolfi
(3) Bitcoin's only intrinsic value is its utility as a method of payment.  Its value as an investment depends entirely on that utility.
No, this is not true. A significant portion of bitcoin value comes from its utility as a storage of value: an asset that is scarce, non-confiscatable, exceptionally carriable (cf. gold), pseudonymous, uncorrelated to any traditional asset, and more.
Those properties do not suffice to make an asset into a reliable store of value. (The last one is in fact a defect.)
Yes they do.
No they don't.  
Not this BS again.

1oz gold is 1oz gold is 1oz gold. Its value is not pegged to anything.

Also read "Rai stones" on wikipedia

For alt-coins, bitcoin is better than alt-coins because of its novelty. You may have 1000 bitcoin clones, but Bitcoin is always the FIRST successful cryptocurrency.
Sigh. JUST LOOK AT THE CHARTS.

The "power of the network" is important for a cryptocoin's utility as a currency. IF BITCOIN IS NOT GOING TO BE USED AS A CURRENCY its network is as good as dogecoin's, or as the UN Agency for Plutonian Development.  if the market price of an item is not derived from some utilitarian demand, and there is no agent that strives to keep it stable, it can drop drastically and unpredictably, even without any external cause.

Gold is a good example of that (Its price already dropped 30% from its all-time high last year, and nothing says that it could not drop another 50%), as is bitcoin (50%) and Rai stones (how much would you invest in one?). 

It does not matter that the item is scarce etc.  You cannot compute the value of gold five years from now, not even by an order of magnitude, from the amount that exists and its other properties. An item whose future value is unpredictable is a lousy store of value.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:52:17 AM

You have a kind heart if you truly wish everyone else good. I prefer not to wish anything for anyone, especially for someone I know very little of. That's because I think that my wishes have no dominion in this matter. Like I said, everyone will get what they deserve and that will happen no matter what I wished for them.

You are correct you or I have no control over what other people en masse end up getting.... the only thing you have control over are your thoughts and your intent and actions, and you can use those to better the world, or not, not just for other people, it is not purely unselfish, as at the end of the day the thoughts in your head are a mirror.

People do not always get what they deserve either - for example the 227,898 odd people that died in the 2004 tsunami as an easy example.

Anyways- have a good day - don't lose your shirt.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:53:19 AM

what a great day!

hahaha i just love BTC!

Long story short (really short);

Nothing much has changed, still no mention of BTC as its dissapearance is under investigation.
Bankruptcy trustee still open to someone buying the company.
Recovery of loans from other subsidaries or parent companies (Tibbane, Bitcoin cafe, Mark himself) are being carried out.
Creditors filing which was set in November likely to be pushed back even further with another creditors meeting in November.

Oh Mark said sorry again...

Great - thanks : ) did Mark mention anything to do with coffees?
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:00:06 PM

Quote from: Jorge_Stolfi
(3) Bitcoin's only intrinsic value is its utility as a method of payment.  Its value as an investment depends entirely on that utility.
No, this is not true. A significant portion of bitcoin value comes from its utility as a storage of value: an asset that is scarce, non-confiscatable, exceptionally carriable (cf. gold), pseudonymous, uncorrelated to any traditional asset, and more.
Those properties do not suffice to make an asset into a reliable store of value. (The last one is in fact a defect.)
Yes they do.
No they don't.  
Not this BS again.

1oz gold is 1oz gold is 1oz gold. Its value is not pegged to anything.

Also read "Rai stones" on wikipedia

For alt-coins, bitcoin is better than alt-coins because of its novelty. You may have 1000 bitcoin clones, but Bitcoin is always the FIRST successful cryptocurrency.
Sigh. JUST LOOK AT THE CHARTS.

The "power of the network" is important for a cryptocoin's utility as a currency. IF BITCOIN IS NOT GOING TO BE USED AS A CURRENCY its network is as good as dogecoin's, or as the UN Agency for Plutonian Development.  if the market price of an item is not derived from some utilitarian demand, and there is no agent that strives to keep it stable, it can drop drastically and unpredictably, even without any external cause.

Gold is a good example of that (Its price already dropped 30% from its all-time high last year, and nothing says that it could not drop another 50%), as is bitcoin (50%) and Rai stones (how much would you invest in one?).  

It does not matter that the item is scarce etc.  You cannot compute the value of gold five years from now, not even by an order of magnitude, from the amount that exists and its other properties. An item whose future value is unpredictable is a lousy store of value.

You love the word IF - when it suits you.

If the internet suddenly got taken out in a single event, or if the US was to get hit by an asteroid tomorrow... or IF Jorge suddenly had a change of heart and becomes the biggest Bitcoin spokesperson out there...  what about you make the same argument and play the logic out but this time... use
"IF BITCOIN IS GOING TO BE USED AS A FORM OF CURRENCY"  then what ? then what do you say to the power of the network?

I need to book more flights for next week- but IF the country I am flying to suddenly gets hit by an asteroid - then the flights I have booked will be a complete waste of time.  Reductio ad absurdum
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:00:10 PM

Explanation
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:07:49 PM

empowering gave me an idea for a new poll question:
How many bitcoins would JorgeStolfi need to have in order to become a bitcoin nutter advocate?  Tongue
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:09:24 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 01:29:17 PM by empowering

How many bitcoins would JorgeStolfi need to have in order to become a bitcoin nutter advocate?  Tongue

How many bitcoins would JorgeStolfi need to have in order to become a nutter = 0

There is such a good risk to reward profile with BTC, you have to be a nutter not to own one at least imo, even if you think as Hor-hey does that they are going to zero. Just going on the past few years performance.  Logically it makes sense.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:10:41 PM

How many bitcoins would JorgeStolfi need to have in order to become a bitcoin nutter advocate?  Tongue

=1 

An amount that he can't afford or something, or he wouldn't be here trolling all the time with inane arguments.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:13:14 PM

it will be very hard to invest a significant fortune in bitcoins without the government knowing it.

But it is amazingly easy to invest an insignificant fortune in bitcoin, and subsequently spend a significant one.
Yes, YOU were able to do that, thanks to the coins that you bought or mined dirt cheap, and the people who now are willing to pay 600$ each for them.  Will they be as successful as you?  Maybe, maybe not...

[ long false analogy with false analogies ]
Would you finally consider yourself, then, a free and dignified human being, well-served by the servants of the public, who merit your confidence?

Sigh.  Whom do you want me to trust instead -- Shrem, Kapelès, Ver, Brewster, Pierce, Silbert, Winklevum and Winklevee, ...?

Do you really believe that replacing dollars with bitcoins will get rid of thieves and thugs, and give dignity to human beings?  Think hard...

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:15:13 PM

Fuck this I am off to self harm again.
kehtolo

Activity: 707

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:17:37 PM

Fuck this I am off to self harm again.

Don't do it! do those 5g of dried mushrooms you mentioned earlier instead Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 7365 7366 7367 7368 7369 7370 7371 7372 7373 7374 7375 7376 7377 7378 7379 7380 7381 7382 7383 7384 7385 7386 7387 7388 7389 7390 7391 7392 7393 7394 7395 7396 7397 7398 7399 7400 7401 7402 7403 7404 7405 7406 7407 7408 7409 7410 7411 7412 7413 7414 [7415] 7416 7417 7418 7419 7420 7421 7422 7423 7424 7425 7426 7427 7428 7429 7430 7431 7432 7433 7434 7435 7436 7437 7438 7439 7440 7441 7442 7443 7444 7445 7446 7447 7448 7449 7450 7451 7452 7453 7454 7455 7456 7457 7458 7459 7460 7461 7462 7463 7464 7465 ... 33494 »
  Print  

Jump to: