May 23, 2024, 07:05:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7368 7369 7370 7371 7372 7373 7374 7375 7376 7377 7378 7379 7380 7381 7382 7383 7384 7385 7386 7387 7388 7389 7390 7391 7392 7393 7394 7395 7396 7397 7398 7399 7400 7401 7402 7403 7404 7405 7406 7407 7408 7409 7410 7411 7412 7413 7414 7415 7416 7417 [7418] 7419 7420 7421 7422 7423 7424 7425 7426 7427 7428 7429 7430 7431 7432 7433 7434 7435 7436 7437 7438 7439 7440 7441 7442 7443 7444 7445 7446 7447 7448 7449 7450 7451 7452 7453 7454 7455 7456 7457 7458 7459 7460 7461 7462 7463 7464 7465 7466 7467 7468 ... 33375 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26388565 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:53:15 PM

Oh, and the bastardization of Fibonacci is another event occurring. Even the mentally ill man at the bookstore that takes paper towels and turns them into intricate flowers is but a Fibonacci adherent. I seriously feel bad for Fibonacci.

Fascinating contribution and insight please do tell us more from the book of Newb /s   Cheesy

Oh yes, I am just a dumb--- because we base the importance of messages on this board based on seniority rather than the merits or demerits of the observation. Of course, that mode of thinking contravenes the espoused views of many if not all Bitcoin proponents.
empowering
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:57:32 PM

Oh, and the bastardization of Fibonacci is another event occurring. Even the mentally ill man at the bookstore that takes paper towels and turns them into intricate flowers is but a Fibonacci adherent. I seriously feel bad for Fibonacci.

Fascinating contribution and insight please do tell us more from the book of Newb /s   Cheesy

Oh yes, I am just a dumb--- because we base the importance of messages on this board based on seniority rather than the merits or demerits of the observation. Of course, that mode of thinking contravenes the espoused views of many if not all Bitcoin proponents.

errr is Newbie not your name?have I has too much sangsom? I could swear that is what it says? so I shortened it to Newb , you are Newbie and I am asking for more insight into TA from the book of Newb - chill out fella - if you are so confident- discuss like a grown up my dear.

Newbie1022

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:57:45 PM

Fascinating contribution and insight please do tell us more from the book of Newb /s   Cheesy

Oh and I looked back at the earlier posts... you are the little ten-year old graph boy who has a new depiction each day and hasn't the slightest clue what the f--- he is doing. That's fun. Good luck with that. =D
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:00:11 PM

Explanation
Newbie1022

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:00:34 PM

Fascinating contribution and insight please do tell us more from the book of Newb /s   Cheesy

errr is Newbie not your name?hav eI has too uch sangsom? I could swear that is what it says? so I shortened it to Newb , you are Newbie and I a asking for more insight into TA fro the book of Newb - chill out fella.

I am not mad, I am actually sitting in a coffee shop laughing as I wait for my girlfriend to finish up an interview across the street. That said, great use of another classical logical fallacy... asking the other person why they are so upset or overheated. You are really good at doing things that are repugnant to logic, aren't you?
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:00:55 PM

Oh and I looked back at the earlier posts... you are the little ten-year old graph boy who has a new depiction each day and hasn't the slightest clue what the f--- he is doing. That's fun. Good luck with that. =D

right... okay dokey whatever works for you my friend- I have only posted 2 sets of charts, showing 2 difffernt things my dear , with different timescales- calm down,  deary me... and I am no doubt a lot older than you are.
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:04:28 PM

Yay!!! I set off a s--- storm before going to sleep. What a delightful thing to wake up to. Anyhow, them graphs and lines (technical analysis) don't work for s---. No, it isn't because I haven't learned how to use and appreciate the inner-beauty of graphs and lines. Part of me just wants to say it is simply because the s--- is useless and akin to interpretive dance on paper. But, I suppose in some markets it will tee you off trend... Here, however, with the volume fluctuations, the sensitivity (and recently changing sensitivity) of the market to outside forces and news, and other non-traditional behaviors of niche market v. established market participants... the f---ing lines are meaningless. Got it. You peeps keep posting groovy looking graphs and sometimes two people will say a graph says the price is going to $5000 and another two people will say that the graph says the price is going to zero and low and behold the price stays the exact f---ing same. It's funny, but Jesus.
Dude, I just posted the only prediction I made (along with another member that posted a even better graph) in the past for BTC that came true with perfect accuracy that predicted a sudden shift in price that some people with no knowledge of the very basics of TA were surprised about.
I don't know why the hell would you say that that accuracy was pure coincidence. It's basic stuff really.

Are you telling me that price fluctuations in BTC are always 100% unpredictable to you?
Nobody said that TA can predict the exact shape of the BTC graph, but it can predict major moves with sometimes almost perfect accuracy like I just showed you, and if not, they are still buy/sell reliable indications of the market participants' intentions.

The forces you are talking about are priced in and don't contradict at all the basic TA I'm talking about here.

Again, the people here saying "your lines are meaningless" seriously haven't even looked into it not even for one second.
Sometimes they do that to justify their complete lack of trading skills. "It's not my fault I lose money, that BTC price shit does whatever it fucking wants!"
Other times it's just people laziness.
Newbie1022

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:05:37 PM

right... okay dokey whatever works for you my friend- I have only posted 2 sets of graphs, showing 2 difffernt things my dear , with different timescales- calm down,  deary me... and I am no doubt a lot older than you are.

Doubtful rube, highly doubtful.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:10:18 PM

right... okay dokey whatever works for you my friend- I have only posted 2 sets of graphs, showing 2 difffernt things my dear , with different timescales- calm down,  deary me... and I am no doubt a lot older than you are.

I think not- but maybe and  in that case sn'r watch the blood pressure  - anyway enjoy your coffee- I take it there are no other pearls of wisdom from the book of Newbie1022 then?  actually scrap that - on your way - have fun with your "girlfriend" all the best to you both at this late stage of your lives ... much luck and BTC to you... Cheesy Cheesy
Newbie1022

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:11:27 PM

Yay!!! I set off a s--- storm before going to sleep. What a delightful thing to wake up to. Anyhow, them graphs and lines (technical analysis) don't work for s---. No, it isn't because I haven't learned how to use and appreciate the inner-beauty of graphs and lines. Part of me just wants to say it is simply because the s--- is useless and akin to interpretive dance on paper. But, I suppose in some markets it will tee you off trend... Here, however, with the volume fluctuations, the sensitivity (and recently changing sensitivity) of the market to outside forces and news, and other non-traditional behaviors of niche market v. established market participants... the f---ing lines are meaningless. Got it. You peeps keep posting groovy looking graphs and sometimes two people will say a graph says the price is going to $5000 and another two people will say that the graph says the price is going to zero and low and behold the price stays the exact f---ing same. It's funny, but Jesus.
Dude, I just posted the only prediction I made (along with another member that posted a even better graph) in the past for BTC that came true with perfect accuracy that predicted a sudden shift in price that some people with no knowledge of the very basics of TA were surprised about.
I don't know why the hell would you say that that accuracy was pure coincidence. It's basic stuff really.
Are you telling me that price fluctuations in BTC are 100% unpredictable to you?

Nobody said that TA can predict the exact shape of the BTC graph, but it can predict major moves with sometimes almost perfect accuracy like I just showed you.

The forces you are talking about are priced in and don't contradict at all the basic TA I'm talking about here.

Again, the people here saying "your lines are meaningless" seriously haven't even looked into it not for one second.
Sometimes they do that to justify their complete lack of trading skills. "It's not their fault, that BTC price shit does whatever it fucking wants!"

Hey, I am not picking on individuals -- well, maybe Empowering a bit because he decided to try to pick an argument over it. If your graph is right (and was right beforehand rather than to support some post-hoc rationalization) then I am happy for you. In this specific market, to be frank, I get a lot more out of order book balances and volume than a bunch of squiggly lines on a computer screen (I guess you could always convert the data into squiggly lines if you were so disposed, but that's neither here nor there) -- again, the non-snarky reason is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your (broader you, not you specifically) technical analysis at all, but rather this is an atypical market.
Wandererfromthenorth

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:18:19 PM

Are you telling me that price fluctuations in BTC are 100% unpredictable to you?

Nobody said that TA can predict the exact shape of the BTC graph, but it can predict major moves with sometimes almost perfect accuracy like I just showed you.

Again, the people here saying "your lines are meaningless" seriously haven't even looked into it not for one second.
Sometimes they do that to justify their complete lack of trading skills. "It's not their fault, that BTC price shit does whatever it fucking wants!"

Hey, I am not picking on individuals -- well, maybe Empowering a bit because he decided to try to pick an argument over it. If your graph is right (and was right beforehand rather than to support some post-hoc rationalization) then I am happy for you. In this specific market, to be frank, I get a lot more out of order book balances and volume than a bunch of squiggly lines on a computer screen (I guess you could always convert the data into squiggly lines if you were so disposed, but that's neither here nor there) -- again, the non-snarky reason is that there is absolutely nothing wrong with your (broader you, not you specifically) technical analysis at all, but rather this is an atypical market.
It's interesting you say that because even if from my observations the BTC markets are very different from forex and stocks (and here I agree with you), they are a lot more predictable really (for a whole bunch of reasons).
Also, order books are full of manipulation especially in the unregulated BTC market. Their observation alone can hardly predict major moves from what I have seen.

I used to look majorly at order books for BTC trading, but when I realised that I was supposed to zoom out the graph a whole new world was open for me, and it's not even that difficult to fully apply that approach to your trading strategy.

If your approach works for you everything's fine, but I would suggest you give those "squiggly lines" a try (in the end a major part or those is self-fulfilling prophecy, and that's why they work with sometimes great accuracy), you might be surprised to how simple BTC trading (and more relaxed) can become.

empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:19:51 PM

I think not- but maybe and  in that case sn'r watch the blood pressure  - anyway enjoy your coffee- I take it there are no other pearls of wisdom from the book of Newbie1022 then?  actually scrap that - on your way - have fun with your "girlfriend" all the best to you both at this late stage of your lives ... much luck and BTC to you... Cheesy Cheesy

Have a nice day as well (you condescending little s---). =D

Nice....  Cheesy Cheesy I was having a laugh with you, but I can see you are highly strung, and do not like anyone having a different opinion to you... did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning?  anyways I " " girlfriend because I stopped referring to my partners as "girlfriends" when I was in my 20's but hey each to there own- no need to get all hot under the collar, and with all due respect "sn'r"  stick the ad hominem up your jumper..

The End.

ps I really did mean have a nice day , as I am having a whale of a time but anyways...

Newbie1022

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:22:23 PM

Nice....  Cheesy Cheesy I was having a laugh with you, but I can see you are highly strung, and do not like anyone having a different opinion to you... did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning?  anyways I " " girlfriend because I stopped referring to my partners as "girlfriends" when I was in my 20's but hey each to there own- no need to get all hot under the collar, and with all due respect "sn'r"  stick the ad hominem up your jumper..

The End.

ps I really did mean have a nice day , as I am having a whale of a time but anyways...

I had actually gone to delete my post when you posted this. However, this very much confirms I should have just left it there. Let's agree to dislike each other and proceed accordingly. And you really are just terribly condescending.
Newbie1022

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:23:15 PM

It's interesting you say that because even if from my observations the BTC markets are very different from forex and stocks (and here I agree with you), they are a lot more predictable.
Also, order books are full of manipulation especially in the unregulated BTC market. Their observation alone can hardly predict major moves from what I have seen.

I used to look majorly at order books for BTC trading, but when I realised that I was supposed to zoom out the graph a whole new world was open for me, and it's not even that difficult to fully apply that to your trading strategy.

If your approach works for you everything's fine, but I would suggest you give those "squiggly lines" a try (in the end a major part or those is self-fulfilling prophecy, and that's why they work with sometimes great accuracy), you might be surprised to how simple BTC trading (and more relaxed) can become.

Thoughtful. I dig it. Good luck, man!!
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:30:17 PM

The End.

I had actually gone to delete my post when you posted this. However, this very much confirms I should have just left it there. Let's agree to dislike each other and proceed accordingly. And you really are just terribly condescending.

I have no negative feelings towards you at all- I could not really give a hoot- I hope you have a great day/life/time success etc really I do there is not a hint of condescension in that.

I have no idea what your problem is- and I do not really care - I hope it works out for you... I was just giving you a gentle ribbing and you have full out gone and shit the bed- well that is down to you-  I frankly do not care what age you are or if you benefit from or use TA or not, or if you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend or a sock, I was having a laugh with you and yes asking you to go further than TA is nonsense blah blah blah  - I am sorry if it upset you, that is NOT my style - I am actually on holiday and I am enjoying myself.  

and when I said "The End" I had hoped that would be it-  anyways and I hope you take this as it is meant- all the best to you in your life - much happiness and love and I hope you make a killing on BTC however you get there. ok?

For me that really is the end of it.

Chokh dī
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:33:42 PM

Thank you for stopping by and chewing the cud.
empowering
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:34:59 PM

Thank you for stopping by and chewing the cud.

Absolute pleasure  Smiley

Now if only this sideways would get going then this really would be an amazing night.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1778

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:59:06 PM

Are you ready?
Wandererfromthenorth

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:01:54 PM

Are you ready?
Holy shit!
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:04:24 PM

what's cracking on the 24th? FED pushing the global economy reset button? Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 7368 7369 7370 7371 7372 7373 7374 7375 7376 7377 7378 7379 7380 7381 7382 7383 7384 7385 7386 7387 7388 7389 7390 7391 7392 7393 7394 7395 7396 7397 7398 7399 7400 7401 7402 7403 7404 7405 7406 7407 7408 7409 7410 7411 7412 7413 7414 7415 7416 7417 [7418] 7419 7420 7421 7422 7423 7424 7425 7426 7427 7428 7429 7430 7431 7432 7433 7434 7435 7436 7437 7438 7439 7440 7441 7442 7443 7444 7445 7446 7447 7448 7449 7450 7451 7452 7453 7454 7455 7456 7457 7458 7459 7460 7461 7462 7463 7464 7465 7466 7467 7468 ... 33375 »
  Print  

Jump to: