June 19, 2024, 06:30:45 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 9546 9547 9548 9549 9550 9551 9552 9553 9554 9555 9556 9557 9558 9559 9560 9561 9562 9563 9564 9565 9566 9567 9568 9569 9570 9571 9572 9573 9574 9575 9576 9577 9578 9579 9580 9581 9582 9583 9584 9585 9586 9587 9588 9589 9590 9591 9592 9593 9594 9595 [9596] 9597 9598 9599 9600 9601 9602 9603 9604 9605 9606 9607 9608 9609 9610 9611 9612 9613 9614 9615 9616 9617 9618 9619 9620 9621 9622 9623 9624 9625 9626 9627 9628 9629 9630 9631 9632 9633 9634 9635 9636 9637 9638 9639 9640 9641 9642 9643 9644 9645 9646 ... 33461 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26403273 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ShroomsKit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:43:20 AM

The price has been recently taking massive swings. It has gone from 320 to over 400, and back down, 2 times. I am not sure what to understand from it.

It has one reason. Something which is new to Bitcoin since this year: Dumpers who do everything in their power to take the price down. Every single time.
We're gonna have a real hard time going up again.
I just don't understand what caused this behaviour. They just refuse to let the price go up. 

It's absolutely crazy.
hmmkay

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:49:23 AM

The price has been recently taking massive swings. It has gone from 320 to over 400, and back down, 2 times. I am not sure what to understand from it.

It has one reason. Something which is new to Bitcoin since this year: Dumpers who do everything in their power to take the price down. Every single time.
I just don't understand what caused this behaviour. They just refuse to let the price go up. 

It's absolutely crazy.

Only thing I can think of is, lower prices with same price-swings means more % increase.
When the price is 2000, a $100 dollar price swing means a lot less than it does now.

It's hilarious how most traders in this thread justify all this behavior.
Claiming how all this dumping is natural and necessary, they should try a politicians job, they'd be good at it..
aspa

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:53:04 AM

Thank you aspa! Your feedback helped me immensely. Now I know a little bit more how much I don't know Smiley
Then here's some more food..
Read up on patterns and their link to behavior, e.g., here:
https://www.credit-suisse.com/pwp/pb/pb_research/technical_tutorial_de.pdf

Candle sticks themselves are fun too. Read more here on them too! E.g., here:
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:introduction_to_candlesticks
and
http://www.fxkeys.com/category/candlesticks/

Next step is to actually trade on them instead of only analyse them.. Most people only start to get healthy caution after losing a lot of money because they still match patterns to their emotions. Feeling happy? You'll see that great bullish pattern. Took a bearish position? Confirmation bias will lead you to plenty of bearish patterns and indicators..
(Not sure if I'm there yet. I was born a bull I guess. But a more happy bull when in bitcoins then in oil, that's for sure Smiley)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:00:35 AM

It's absolutely crazy.

You are constantly whining like a child which can not understand why do the grownups do what they do. Problem is you are stuck in the fiat logic, counting your gains/loses in fiat instead of BTC. Try to finally understand that if you had 100 BTC each worth US$ 1000 each, and you now have 110 BTC each worth 400 BTC, you have not lost 56%, you gained 10%. Try to dig that into your thick head, the current price is irrelevant, it only matters how much BTC you will have when the day comes you wouldn't have to exchange them for fiat at all. The most straightforward way for smart people to gain more BTC trading is to push the price down selling as much as they can and buy more BTC when the price hits the bottom of the dump. Not everyone can trade with leverage on Bitfinex, most people trade on all other exchanges where there is no leveraged margin trading, so every they of price rising is their day lost, and every day price falling can be a big gain for them. I don't know how to put it more simpler, please try to finally understand total non-importance of short term price drops.
nanobrain
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Dumb broad

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:06:04 AM

It's absolutely crazy.

You are constantly whining like a child which can not understand why do the grownups do what they do. Problem is you are stuck in the fiat logic, counting your gains/loses in fiat instead of BTC. Try to finally understand that if you had 100 BTC each worth US$ 1000 each, and you now have 110 BTC each worth 400 BTC, you have not lost 56%, you gained 10%. Try to dig that into your thick head, the current price is irrelevant, it only matters how much BTC you will have when the day comes you wouldn't have to exchange them for fiat at all. The most straightforward way for smart people to gain more BTC trading is to push the price down selling as much as they can and buy more BTC when the price hits the bottom of the dump. Not everyone can trade with leverage on Bitfinex, most people trade on all other exchanges where there is no leveraged margin trading, so every they of price rising is their day lost, and every day price falling can be a big gain for them. I don't know how to put it more simpler, please try to finally understand total non-importance of short term price drops.

I love the smell of "welcome to ignore" in the morning!!
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:10:28 AM

It's absolutely crazy.

Ignore me or not, I just can't stand any more ShroomsKit's jealousy for other people making money on dumps. All he wants is a day to dump all his BTC to his fiat bank account, and he is calling other people short-sighted, imagine that!
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:19:26 AM

PaymentsSourceKim Kardashian's Lessons for the 'Bitcoin Card' IndustryPaymentsSourceKim Kardashian may be an overexposed reality star, but she's also a tech entrepreneur with a short-lived past in the payments industry. And several companies in the Bitcoin space are repeating her biggest mistake by offering a plastic payment card....

http://news.bitcoinial.com/news/kim-kardashians-lessons-for-the-bitcoin-card-industry-paymentssource

Damn... ALL THIS and brains too!
Mervyn_Pumpkinhead
Legendary

Activity: 876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:41:42 AM

PaymentsSourceKim Kardashian's Lessons for the 'Bitcoin Card' IndustryPaymentsSourceKim Kardashian may be an overexposed reality star, but she's also a tech entrepreneur with a short-lived past in the payments industry. And several companies in the Bitcoin space are repeating her biggest mistake by offering a plastic payment card....

http://news.bitcoinial.com/news/kim-kardashians-lessons-for-the-bitcoin-card-industry-paymentssource

A good example of an bitcoin "tech entrepreneur". Just like some people here consider themselves as "tech entrepreneurs", after they figured out on how to buy coins from an exchange, and then sit on their coins without doing much else. Some miners also consider them as "tech industrialists", after they order mining equipment and plug it in Smiley

These kinds of news can have importance to BTC's price though. What BTC currently needs is dumb money from loads and loads of people. Meaningless celebrities can actually tune BTC into this channel. The chances of smart money entering BTC is very small, but one should never underestimate the power of stupidity.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:46:27 AM

Mehehe they should put more plastic elsewhere.. Grin
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:47:05 AM

volume is at historical highs in every exchange
Say what?? Historical highs for last 24 hrs maybe.

Volume at OKcoin  was 429 kBTC on 2014-11-12, 609 kBTC on 2014-11-13.  The previous high was 286 kBTC on 2014-03-05; typical volume for several months until 2014-10-03 (start of last recovery) was ~50 kBTC/day, and 110 kBTC/day in the few weeks until 2014-11-11.

The numbers at BTC-China on those two days were 371 kBTC and 508 kBTC.  The previous high was 132 kBTC on 2013-12-07.  Typical recent volumes were ~7 kBTC/day until 2014-08-13 (when they removed the trading fees?), then growing steadily to 90 kBTC/day by 2014-11-11.

The numbers at Huobi were more modest, 211 kBTC and 232 kBTC, against a previous high of 352 kBTC on 2014-02-25.  Typical volumes were ~35 kBTC/day before 2014-10-03 and ~90 kBTC/day during the last recovery.

Bitcoin futures at BitVC (the international branch of Huobi) and "796" were also huge on those two days, on the order of 1 million BTC/day.  

I have not looked at the other big Chinese exchanges that are not listed at BitcoinWisdom.

My best guess at what happened is still that statement by the OKcoin tech guy, that "a three billion euro hedge fund is going to be trading on our platform".  Bitcoin news sites and many traders interpreted that as "the fund will start trading bitcoin", but there was no confirmation, and many were skeptical.  To me, the words "on our platform" (rather than "at our exchange") mean that they will be using OKcoin's software and/or servers to trade their shares, not bitcoin.  That would be great for OKcoin but irrelevant to bitcoin.  If this interpretation is correct, it could explain why the price crashed right after the rally, and is now returning to the pre-rally levels.

Whatever the cause, this 3-day rally and crash generated trades totaling over 1 million BTC at OKCoin, several million BTC overall.  The exchanges must have collected several million dollars in fees and interest, and arbitragers (possibly the exchanges themselves) must have made many millions too.  

If the "hedge fund" explanation is correct,  it may have been the most profitable misunderstanding in the history of bitcoin.
aspa

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 11:53:09 AM

Whatever the cause, this 3-day rally and crash generated trades totaling over 1 million BTC at OKCoin, several million BTC overall.  The exchanges must have collected several million dollars in fees and interest, and arbitragers (possibly the exchanges themselves) must have made many millions too.  

Is that with or without counting all trades twice?
http://www.coindesk.com/asian-exchanges-adopt-controversial-counting-method-futures-trades/
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 11:59:08 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/asian-exchanges-adopt-controversial-counting-method-futures-trades/

They offer 20x margin, so every 1 coin you have... you can trade 20.

Fucking sickkkkkkkkkkk

I'm up 2btc off a 1btc deposit this evening Tongue prob lose it all, but I'm having a good time! Wink

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:01:53 PM

It's absolutely crazy.

If Bitcoin is going to reach its economic potential it needs to be resistant to these manipulation attempts. In that sense the problem lies more with the immaturity of Bitcoin rather than that the world is filled with donkey holes. I am sort of surprised though at the lack of help from "early" early adopter evangelists to stabilize the currency.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:04:58 PM

In that paragraph I was not including the futures' markets like BitVC and 796.com (which, IIUC, are the only ones doing double-counting).  But the volumes during those two days were huge either way.
wmr42393

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:06:30 PM

first green sliver on the 1 hour MACD since the $450 peak, on OKcoin, so things should start moving north again soon.  Roll Eyes
8up

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:07:00 PM

My best guess. No new bubble until February 2015. More time to acquire cheap coinz at around 0.38-0.40$ per 1kbits. I also think there could be one last sell-off in late december/early january reaching 0.3-0.32$ per 1kbits.

(Bitstamp)
aspa

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:11:38 PM

In that paragraph I was not including the futures' markets like BitVC and 796.com (which, IIUC, are the only ones doing double-counting).  But the volumes during those two days were huge either way.

OK:) And indeed, huge. Still not completely calm there..
aspa

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:17:57 PM

My best guess. No new bubble until February 2015. More time to acquire cheap coinz at around 0.38-0.40$ per 1kbits. I also think there could be one last sell-off in late december/early january reaching 0.3-0.32$ per 1kbits.

Excellent example of confirmation bias. Your bullish line is weak, little evidence it gives support. The bottoms in this chart could just as well be an inverted dish, which would mean we would be moving sideways for some months and then go down again for another 2 years..

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/283/288/a20.jpg
wmr42393

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 12:19:58 PM

It's absolutely crazy.

Ignore me or not, I just can't stand any more ShroomsKit's jealousy for other people making money on dumps. All he wants is a day to dump all his BTC to his fiat bank account, and he is calling other people short-sighted, imagine that!

I think he was referring to shroomskit who has ignored, at a rough estimate... 90% of the forum.

EDIT: the bull is back finally
deebledub

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 12:23:04 PM

talk about some volatility, huh
Pages: « 1 ... 9546 9547 9548 9549 9550 9551 9552 9553 9554 9555 9556 9557 9558 9559 9560 9561 9562 9563 9564 9565 9566 9567 9568 9569 9570 9571 9572 9573 9574 9575 9576 9577 9578 9579 9580 9581 9582 9583 9584 9585 9586 9587 9588 9589 9590 9591 9592 9593 9594 9595 [9596] 9597 9598 9599 9600 9601 9602 9603 9604 9605 9606 9607 9608 9609 9610 9611 9612 9613 9614 9615 9616 9617 9618 9619 9620 9621 9622 9623 9624 9625 9626 9627 9628 9629 9630 9631 9632 9633 9634 9635 9636 9637 9638 9639 9640 9641 9642 9643 9644 9645 9646 ... 33461 »
  Print  

Jump to: