Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 08:41:19 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 95105 times)
DaftAjax

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:16:34 PM

When people migrate to another coin, bitcoin will still be there. Bitcoin will not disappear at all. It will always have some userbase although that can decrease dramatically when people move to a better coin.

I think that is another topic, you're pertaining to another issue here. By not dying BTC but people "migrating" or moving to another coin. How can you say that this is still related to this topic?

Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sasaku bitbit

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:38:39 PM

If everyone stops using it or if in some way becomes wothless, these are the two situations I think of that could make bitcoin die. But I don't know what could cause something like this, people get used to bitcoin and all benefits that it gives and demand is geting biger all the time.
Yeah you are correct. If everyone stop using the bitcoin it will cause a bad situation to the bitcoin but it can't be happen. Because bitcoin is now getting more popular than before.
but if in one day bitcoin stop to be use, do u will going to throw your coins away?
I mean, do you sell ur coins even they They are worth nothing more? like 1 cent? or Or would you keep them?

If everyone stopped using bitcoin will cause a bad situation for bitcoin but can not occur. Because of the bitcoin is now getting more popular than ever, so it is very important to life everyday for us and if that happens it will be a lot of people that lost it

btctousd81

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 04:46:37 PM

bitcoin will never die, even in the worst case , if the government orders to stop using bitcoin, it wont die.,
bitcoin in decentralised, just like torrents, or peer to peer. so there in no single point of failure., i guess.

DaftAjax

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 05:00:15 PM

If everyone stops using it or if in some way becomes wothless, these are the two situations I think of that could make bitcoin die. But I don't know what could cause something like this, people get used to bitcoin and all benefits that it gives and demand is geting biger all the time.
Yeah you are correct. If everyone stop using the bitcoin it will cause a bad situation to the bitcoin but it can't be happen. Because bitcoin is now getting more popular than before.
but if in one day bitcoin stop to be use, do u will going to throw your coins away?
I mean, do you sell ur coins even they They are worth nothing more? like 1 cent? or Or would you keep them?

If everyone stopped using bitcoin will cause a bad situation for bitcoin but can not occur. Because of the bitcoin is now getting more popular than ever, so it is very important to life everyday for us and if that happens it will be a lot of people that lost it

I can't quite see what you're getting at, but the question is, why would you stop using BTC? Even if you already know its relevance? I mean, why would you do such a tragic thing?

fabianabank

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:34:14 PM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
Bitcoin dies? That can happen. When there is another kind of bitcoin that is better in value, less expensive, the amount of bitcoin users will decrease, which is of course because people are always looking for profit.
i think that legality would never kill BITCOIN

Drnice

Activity: 336

1JUw682E1ktYGE4AKXsmocDJKEJwWRHVUC

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:26:36 PM

Expecting the sudden end of Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies cannot just come suddenly, cause it was never dead at the time when they where been created, when they had no much importance and ( most especially Bitcoin) when their price was of no much interest to people.

So why will the death of Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies come now when their price are touching lives?

fabianabank

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:44:13 AM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?

Another crypto overtaking its market cap
like? ETH?

GideonGono

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 01:06:33 PM

like? ETH?

Eth will not. If somehow Bitcoin will be replaced by another coin then it would be far much nice and have a similar things to offer but more. I still think that there are no coins who have that kind of potential and Bitcoin still has a long long way to run.

██████████
         ████████████████████
      ██████████████████████████
    ████████████  ██  ████████████
   █████████████  ██  █████████████
  ████████████          ████████████
 ███████████   ████████    ██████████
 █████████   █████████████  █████████
█████████   ██████████████████████████
█████████  ███████████████████████████
█████████  ███████████       █████████
█████████   ███████████████  █████████
 █████████   █████████████  █████████
 ███████████    ███████    ██████████
  ████████████           ███████████
   █████████████  ██  █████████████
    ████████████  ██  ████████████
      ██████████████████████████
         ████████████████████
              ██████████
GLOBCOIN  █
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
  █
THE CURRENCY OF GLOBAL VILLAGE
FACEBOOKTWITTERTELEGRAMREDDITLINKEDIN
  █
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
  █
WHITEPAPER
   MEDIUM
   GITHUB
  █
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
  █
TOKEN SALE
snowcrashed

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 02:07:59 PM

Not only Bitcoin but also other e-currencies will disappear or die if no one uses them or no one wants to buy them because of some reasons. So, if Bitcoin has some big disadvantages that NO ONE can ignore that issue and they start to sell all their Bitcoin, Bitcoin price will drop and it starts to be forgotten

fabianabank

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 03:05:00 PM

like? ETH?

Eth will not. If somehow Bitcoin will be replaced by another coin then it would be far much nice and have a similar things to offer but more. I still think that there are no coins who have that kind of potential and Bitcoin still has a long long way to run.
Ltc has a great potential...

bitex.in

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:19:15 PM

When new tech will come or every country will ban it  then only bitcoin will die
que91

Activity: 224

MINERVA: World's First Reverse Merchant Processor

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:30:39 PM

Very easy, only need the law prohibits people from using Bitcoin, ban all transactions on the internet, ban all mining Bitcoin ... if that will happen, Bitcoin only have one way is die Grin. But I not hope that is true, because it is the end of the world for me Cry

AngelSky

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 04:32:28 PM

When new tech will come or every country will ban it  then only bitcoin will die

Not exactly, if any altcoin rid over the bitcoin in cost and usage in the many people's hand then bitcoin will loose it's place and move backwards in price wise. Country banning bitcoin, it is already not legal in the many countries so you need to wait till it is been legal in all the countries, then we have to decide it.

||▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
▄▄▀▀▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▀▄   ▀▀▄      ▄▀▀   ▄███
█   █▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▀▀   ▄██████
█   █  ▀▀▄      ▄█████████
█   █     ▀▀▄▄██████▀▀████
█   █        ████▀  ▄▄████
█   █        █▀  ▄▄███████
█   █         ▄▄████▀▀████
█    ▀▄      ████▀  ▄▄████
 ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄   █▀  ▄█████▀▀
    ▀▀▄   ▀▀▄▄▄█████▀▀
       ▀▀▄   ████▀▀
          ▀▀▄█▀▀
[]|
G_Besar

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:04:39 PM

Maybe my opinion is a bit weird, but maybe just ...
Bitcoin die, when there is no internet network in this world..

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
ananas99

Activity: 364

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 06:32:34 PM

It seems to me that the fact that bitcoin can be used without an Internet network has already been proved. But I think that no one will do it. And most likely in this situation bitcoin will die. But the disappearance of the Internet is now impossible

fabianabank

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:42:16 PM

not exactly, today people use to ilegal transations, use a coin ilegal thats not problem to them.

fabianabank

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:43:54 PM

Very easy, only need the law prohibits people from using Bitcoin, ban all transactions on the internet, ban all mining Bitcoin ... if that will happen, Bitcoin only have one way is die Grin. But I not hope that is true, because it is the end of the world for me Cry

The law could not prohibit, i think thats ist not possible btc die because legality

fabianabank

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 09:46:04 PM

Would be another case, for another post, but I think it would be difficult to do something like this.

DaftAjax

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:27:08 PM

The law could not prohibit, i think thats ist not possible btc die because legality

I did not get you there, are you saying that the governments will not prohibit it and it is impossible that BTC will die because it is legal?
If that is what you are trying to say, my friend you are wrong, the government are not the ones handling BTC, in fact no one is thus decentralized and there are already countries that have banned BTC because of legalities.

fabianabank

View Profile
June 17, 2017, 10:40:37 PM

I did not get you there, are you saying that the governments will not prohibit it and it is impossible that BTC will die because it is legal?
If that is what you are trying to say, my friend you are wrong, the government are not the ones handling BTC, in fact no one is thus decentralized and there are already countries that have banned BTC because of legalities.
That's what I meant, it's not going to be a law that will prohibit being used

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.