Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 07:14:58 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 95098 times)
fabianabank

Activity: 54

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:01:48 PM

I think it would only really die if the internet did not exist anymore, that's all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YOYOY

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 01:55:38 PM

In my own opinion bitcoin would only die if there's a new promising digital cryptocurrency, failure of the sha-256, if there are no more people who patronize bitcoin, and lastly I thought that it would die if all of the country would never accept bitcoin. But I never lose hope that it would die so easily if their are no big and widespread failure of the system of bitcoin, as I just see in bitcoin it will be the future of a fiat money running online.
stompix

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:34:30 PM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
Currently since bitcoin is growing, I don't see any reason why bitcoin would die in any perspective. I'm optimistic in what I'm investing thus I don't consider such things that could affect me negatively and something I know that will not happen. If people have an optimistic mind, none of negative will happen.

Said the dinosaur watching the asteroid.

I think it would only really die if the internet did not exist anymore, that's all.

Actually no.
As long as there is a single miner just like satoshi bitcoin would still be able to keep being "alive" even in a closed network.

Banning bitcoin and other cryptos by the government is not enough to make them die. Because as long as we are still here, the market is there and people will still use it, bitcoin will go undeeground first, it isn't going to die Wink And even if ISP's will block connections, I feel as though someone would make a work around, we are dealing with open sourced code here.

Don't be so sure.
Bitcoin is based on the people interest and faith in it.

Once there is a strong assault against it followed by arrests and criminal charges people will start losing interest in it.
Just imagine that all the exchanges would have their accounts frozen, who would still be trading?
Betting websites would have their domains and nameservers suspended. Atms will be closed.
Stores will stop accepting btc.

Returning to the darkmarkets only?
Not an option.

But it won't happen.... I hope

MWesterweele

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 03:42:48 PM

Same as wannacry if a scenario arises affecting lots and lots of transaction and the entire network getting stuck will cause a downfall. But it won't cause a complete destruction, development team is strong enough to overcome such issues. Even the wannacry ransomware is cleared in a simple manner.
Yes maybe it is one of the reason why it may be die but still i dont think that bitcoin would die and it can never be back again. It will only fluctuates and for a couple of time it will be increase again. We dont need to worry about. Bitcoin has been there and it is now strong and tops all other coins.

█
           ███
          ████   ▄
         ███ ███▄█▀█
        ███   ██   █
   █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   █▀
  █           █   █▀
 ▀▀█████▀▀▀███   █
██
    ███ █   █   █ ██
   ███   █   █ █   ███
  ████████   █████████
 ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█   ██▀▀▀▀▀▀
            █▄▄▄█
  ▄█
▄███

████    ▄
████  ▄██

████ ████
████ ████

████ ████
████ ████

████ ████
██▀  ████

████
     ███▀
     █▀
|A  G A M I N G  R E V O L U T I O N  I S  O N  T H E  W A Y|
|      FACEBOOK      |      SLACK      ▀▀▀▀      WHITEPAPER      ▀▀▀▀      TWITTER      |      TELEGRAM      |
  ▄█
▄███

████    ▄
████  ▄██

████ ████
████ ████

████ ████
████ ████

████ ████
██▀  ████

████
     ███▀
     █▀
choppork

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:33:18 PM

In my own opinion bitcoin would only die if there's a new promising digital cryptocurrency, failure of the sha-256, if there are no more people who patronize bitcoin, and lastly I thought that it would die if all of the country would never accept bitcoin. But I never lose hope that it would die so easily if their are no big and widespread failure of the system of bitcoin, as I just see in bitcoin it will be the future of a fiat money running online.

With that, bitcoin should have died quite a long time ago. There are new promising digital currencies today and there are also almost no country accepting bitcoin at all. The new digital currencies or the altcoins have every concept of bitcoin but they did add some more features. Unfortunately for them, these features aren't enough to take bitcoin down and it's also not enough for them to truly overthrow bitcoin which is one of their major goals.

Only Japan and some other countries are accepting bitcoins for payment methods. The rest of the world, no idea at all. Most countries remain at neutral state. They surely heard of bitcoin but never recognized it as a legal currency or anything but for sure there are services out there that lets you pay with bitcoins to pay for services and whatnot.
dony chung

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 05:43:37 PM

If we come up to a worst situation that makes bitcoin die as a currency, I think that the main situation of it's price in the market will sadly drop down and worst is nobody will be spending and exchanging digital currency anymore.
kpcian

Activity: 504

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 07:27:46 PM

If we come up to a worst situation that makes bitcoin die as a currency, I think that the main situation of it's price in the market will sadly drop down and worst is nobody will be spending and exchanging digital currency anymore.
I completely agree with you on this issue, when bitcoin hasn't any consistency on the value or price, then people will become discouraged to get involved in this platform and that will be the situation of dying...but I don't think that time will come...I strongly believe that, Bitcoin will remain in the consistency level...

███           ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄           ███       ▀███          ▀██▄ ▄██▀          ███▀
            ███         ▄████▀▀    ▀▀████▄         ███         ███          ▀█████           ███
            ███       ▄███▀            ▀███▄       ███          ▀██▄         ▄███▄         ▄██▀
            ███      ███▀                ▀███      ███            ███       ███▀███       ███
            ███     ███▀                  ▀███     ███             ▀██▄   ▄██▀   ▀██▄   ▄██▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███               ███▄██▀       ▀██▄██▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███                ▀███▀         ▀███▀
            ███     ███                    ███     ███                 ███           ███
            ███     ███▄                  ▄███     ███                 ███           ███
            ███      ███▄                ▄███      ███                 ███           ███
           ███▀       ▀███▄            ▄███▀       ▀███                ███           ███
██▄▄▄  ▄▄▄███▀          ▀████▄▄    ▄▄████▀          ▀███▄▄▄  ▄▄▄██     ███           ███
▀▀████████▀▀              ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀              ▀▀████████▀▀     ███           ███
........T H E   F U T U R E.................
......................o f   B E A U T Y

▀█▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▀█▄      ▄▄███▀▀▀▀
    ▄██     ▀▀▀     ▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▄ ██         ▄     ▀▀██▄
▀█▀█▀█▀▄       █▄     ▄██▀
               ▀████████
               ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀

▄▄
     ▀█▀▀▀

█▄
     ███████▀▀▀
    █▄
      ▀▀▀▀▀
saenko

Activity: 224

🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 08:57:26 PM

I completely agree with you on this issue, when bitcoin hasn't any consistency on the value or price, then people will become discouraged to get involved in this platform and that will be the situation of dying...but I don't think that time will come...I strongly believe that, Bitcoin will remain in the consistency level...

We all hope that nothing critical will happen with Bitcoin. I very much hope that the parties will agree and in the future will not fight a split. Because if there is a split, then this can scare investors and bitcoin from this very much suffer

foxbat

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:39:17 AM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
when all users are in the same situation, that is panic and make them sell all bitcoin they have, but for that to happen.
seems to be very difficult to happen

Likely bitcoin will die in the future could happen. Anything that exists can disappear as well, that we can't predict.The death of bitcoin can stem from many different reasons. Bitcoin depends on the interest of people. About security, value, or is will there is a type of money other technical alternatives.It is the hypothesis that we can put out. And I don't hope that will happen.

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
DaftAjax

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:08:49 AM

This will not happen if the bitcoin will die in a law because it stated that occur only on the legality of the State only certain countries or because of a decline in the value of bitcoin but now more and more are using bitcoin. If you think bitcoin won't die all the time in fact will be the digital currency for the future in the future because there are already a number of countries that ratified the bitcoin in General

Are you replying to my post? 'Cause If you do, we have the same idea here, I'm against the thing that BTC will die to just some LAW. Because BTC is decentralized, no one is handling this digital currency, not the banks and not even the government. In fact no one can stop BTC, and I mean no one.

It is true that some countries have already banned BTC, but there are also some countries that have already accepted BTC.

ubitcoin

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:11:34 AM

I think the only way that Bitcoin will go die, is when the TOTAL BREAKDOWN happen, and what I mean about this is not just the internet, but every electronically powered devices or machines, all the power lines are cut down and no power at all, world wide. This is what will kill Bitcoin. I know this is a little off topic but you get the idea right?
Yes you are right. There is no other way to stop bitcoin because even if the government don’t legalize it people will still use it. It can only happen in a way when all the power stuff will be down and this can only happen in a situation of third world war. Where the infra-structure will be damaged as a whole.
silverkamote

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:17:57 AM

no i dont think bitcoin would die. just like any physical curiencies they dont die but they somehow decrease there precious value (dump) and then next day or a month there value increase again (pump). its a dump and pump system for curiencies
DoublerHunter

Activity: 616

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:47:42 AM

no i dont think bitcoin would die. just like any physical curiencies they dont die but they somehow decrease there precious value (dump) and then next day or a month there value increase again (pump). its a dump and pump system for curiencies
Bitcoin is very different from physical currencies and bitcoin is not supported or controlled by any organization or people because it is decentralized and it is only depending in the demand of the market or the people that are buying and selling bitcoins so bitcoin can die if bad things will happen and if bitcoin will not be stable yet.

fabianabank

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:46:35 AM

there so many ideas, but for sure law couldnt proibite btc

welligon

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:03:08 AM

Bitcoin would die when there is no one use bitcoin or when we have new digital currency that have big potential than bitcoin.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 120

🌟ATLANT ICO 24hr LEFT🌟

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:59:54 PM

Currently since bitcoin is growing, I don't see any reason why bitcoin would die in any perspective. I'm optimistic in what I'm investing thus I don't consider such things that could affect me negatively and something I know that will not happen. If people have an optimistic mind, none of negative will happen.

Yeah, there is no doubt in my heart for bitcoin. Bitcoin is too strong to be destroyed by anything in this 3rd world. It continues on rising above the ground and traveling its path to its right destination, with many investors, buyers, and users of bitcoin, the demand is increasing also making it more solid and stronger.

NanaLelyakova

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:18:08 PM

Bitcoin won't die, before this happen an improvement will be chosen to be implemented. The question is if it will have a hard fork or not. I personalyl don't like the idea, I think it's very bad for the Bitcoin unity that was built along the years, but the transaction fees can't continue increasing like now and the delay can't continue. All we can do is to wait and see what happens... Huh Huh
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 616

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 04:21:17 PM

Bitcoin would die when there is no one use bitcoin or when we have new digital currency that have big potential than bitcoin.

That would be the only way that bitcoin will die if there's no more user, then it means it's already dead. As there is no more interest that will be gotten by bitcoin. And while there are still people who trust it and will depend their investments into it, bitcoin will never die even there's a lot of rumors and bad news showing up.

fabianabank

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 10:40:44 AM

Maybe that's why bitcoin had a fall for this week? Is it starting to split market with ETH?

matuson

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:23:43 AM

There are no prerequisites for the death of bitcoin, I do not see. This can happen only in the case if bitcoins will be a worthy competitor. Any state can attempt to do something like that, but who trusts the government?

Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.