Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 10:26:24 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 95989 times)
dali_masmoudi

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:23:30 PM

I think in the case of the internet will go down in the hole world. And the people stop mining at the same time.
Which is totally impossible.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
henry2121

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:26:31 PM

A more function coin wih higher security and most important is great marketing on new coin, so the coin may conquer part of market share of bitcoin.
If this continue, the market share of Bitcoin may drop to unacceptable low so people left it.
Sarah08

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:29:03 PM

O think btc will only die if theirs another cryptocurrency or other coin that will surpass and will beat the btc in terms of the popularity and kmnowledge of people and also the investors,the one cryptocurrency that is threatening bitcoin is Ethereum,when ethereum increase and will be known their will be two situation its either bitcoin will decrease in value and die or bitcoin and ethereum will be both known.

Biggapp

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:06:21 PM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
Bitcoin will never die. The most important thing for a commodity to gain recognition as money is trust and acceptance of society. Bitcoin is such as miracle in millennium century and people are love it. So as long as people are need it bitcoin will never die. People will always need bitcoin.

Indeed.  Bitcoin will never die.  Its price right now is $5000 so it is hard to think that it will die.  It will die obviously if there would be no internet, which is also impossible to happen.
Why people keep on saying that the price is 5k dollars, it is not. Bitcoin is going to touch this value within this week but at the moment it is 4770 dollars and growing at a rate of 100 dollars per day almost. As far as its death is concerned, that is just a joke.

olliedickman

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:35:20 PM

I Think the only situation when bitcoin die is when internet is dead, because bitcoin using blockchain and blockchain need internet to run.
I don't see any persuasive situation that Bitcoin will die. Bitcoin will only die if we don't have internet. Nowadays, internet is a tool for people get access to many things, to communicate. Therefore, without internet, Bitcoin will die.

▬▬▬▬▬  bitJob The Student Marketplace  ▬▬▬▬▬
█ █         [Whitepaper] [Telegram] [slack] [ANN Thread]         █ █
▬▬▬▬▬   TOKEN SALE ▶ Sept 12th, 2017   ▬▬▬▬▬
Pattart

Activity: 714

Veritas Mining - Sustainable Crypto Mining

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:49:10 PM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?

I think bitcoin will only die if there will be no internet in the whole world. That will be one reason, the other reason I think is that btc will die if there will be no people to invest in it. Which explain that it will never die.
Bitcoin will not die if there will be no internet connection because bitcoin is still alive and the only thing that we know is, bitcoin is just in sleep since there is no internet connection and for the second reason that you listed, it is possible to happen if there will be no people invest in bitcoin then it will die because we all know that the difficulty is keep on rising and the price is getting more expensive and making it not affordable anymore for some people so the possibility of investors is getting lower and lower.
Sleep is half death, if you know what I mean. Without internet, BTCs are as good as gone dude. And if you ask my opinion on the second point, it is just impossible. People even buy trash like China do and recycles it and we are talking about the foundation of crypto currency world. It's an idea and it will never die.
I think that will be the problem is the second reason, the price will continue to rise because of the growth and more users. but with this price tag I'm a little worried about the more people who are not interested in bitcoin because of the expensive bitcoin price. let alone the bitcoin team has not been able to solve the problem of a very high fee, if the fee does not decrease along with the expensive bitcoin of course it will be a problem in the future

Veritas Mining

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
           Sustainable Crypto - Mining         
        ●Cost Efficient  ●Eco-Friendly  ●Profitable  ●Innovative

▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
  ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀
■Facebook   ■ANN Thread      ■Linkedin 
■Twitter         ■Telegram          ■Slack
■Medium       ■Whitepaper    ■Reddit
Opekin

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:56:21 PM

I think bitcoin will only die if there will be no internet in the whole world. That will be one reason, the other reason I think is that btc will die if there will be no people to invest in it. Which explain that it will never die.
Bitcoin will not die if there will be no internet connection because bitcoin is still alive and the only thing that we know is, bitcoin is just in sleep since there is no internet connection and for the second reason that you listed, it is possible to happen if there will be no people invest in bitcoin then it will die because we all know that the difficulty is keep on rising and the price is getting more expensive and making it not affordable anymore for some people so the possibility of investors is getting lower and lower.
Sleep is half death, if you know what I mean. Without internet, BTCs are as good as gone dude. And if you ask my opinion on the second point, it is just impossible. People even buy trash like China do and recycles it and we are talking about the foundation of crypto currency world. It's an idea and it will never die.
I think that will be the problem is the second reason, the price will continue to rise because of the growth and more users. but with this price tag I'm a little worried about the more people who are not interested in bitcoin because of the expensive bitcoin price. let alone the bitcoin team has not been able to solve the problem of a very high fee, if the fee does not decrease along with the expensive bitcoin of course it will be a problem in the future

Typically with the fees bitcoins will not die because of that but it reduces the persons because the transactions are based on fees the higher the faster which is really disappointing.

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
Collider

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:03:47 AM

I Think the only situation when bitcoin die is when internet is dead, because bitcoin using blockchain and blockchain need internet to run.
I don't see any persuasive situation that Bitcoin will die. Bitcoin will only die if we don't have internet. Nowadays, internet is a tool for people get access to many things, to communicate. Therefore, without internet, Bitcoin will die.

I don't think that internet is going anywhere and it will become more advanced in future and bitcoin can die only if it falls back to 0 level and if it does no one would be interested in using or investing their money in bitcoins but the chances of that happening is rarest of rare as bitcoin will keep on growing in future.

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
.ANGEL TOKEN.
[]

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                 ▀▀████████▀▀
ClvrGmr

Activity: 154

PikcioChain ICO Starts on 24th of November

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 12:14:29 AM

I can't think of any. Bitcoin has established its strong foundation through the years and its hard to break that now in the present. One thing for sure that can en bitcoin now is a worldwide rebellion. Why? See as long as some people uses and continue to defend bitcoin it won't be surpassed because the fact that it is digital, you can't just basically block its usage so as long as the world won't reject bitcoin. It will never lose its value and its reputation that it has made.

Freshmen

Activity: 162

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 11:43:15 AM

What is certain when all is not willing to talk, search and trade bitcoin, but is it possible that it happened? It seems impossible, because every day many need bitcoin for any purposes and needs.
So when will it happen? Still a dream only.

It will happen only if there is totally internet shutdown all over the world or there is another world war!! but for now it just lucky guest! now one know if that possible to happen but before that to happen be sure to save or transfer that bitcoin to real fiat.
Total internet shutdown is not possible so it cannot be the reason why bitcoin will die, just in case. I think it will die if another currency developed that will be more useful and have better features that can make users to choose it rather than bitcoin.
Who told you that a total internet shutdown won’t  bring the death of bitcoin ? Assuming the internet is shutdown for like 15 years, you’re likely to forget about your hardware and computers, and some of them might become faulty or damaged. So you won’t have access to the bitcoins when internet gets on after the 15 years. Lol. Just an opinion.

Brickblock.ioTHE FUTURE OF STOCK TRADING ON THE BLOCKCHAINBrickblock.io
REAL ESTATE FUNDS EXCHANGE TRADED FUNDS CRYPTO TRADED FUNDS
TelegramFacebook ❰ Crowd Sale starts 31st of October ❱ TwitterMedium
anglais

Activity: 42

icosquare.com

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2017, 11:51:06 AM

Solar flare could cause global power loss and thus digital currency becomes worthless.

Worst case. Shocked
asanezz7

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:01:50 PM

I think bitcoin will die if, first WW3 happens that cause severe damage to internet infrastraucture and take years or months to recover. Second is when our government take some action because they are not earning taxes with bitcoins. Third is when there's new cryptocurrency invented that's like just a real money that we can spend anywhere like restaurants, hospitals, supermarkets, online shops and many more.

Blockchain for Apps | Blockchain for Business | Blockchain for Future
poetra2501

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:18:52 PM

I totally agree with you, the Internet is one of the major elements that must exist in the
cryptocurrency world. Without internet Bitcoin will be die , along with all the other cryptocurrency.

.MOYΛ NETWORKS.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
                    ▄▄█████▄
                 ▄███████████▄
               ▄██████████████
             ▄█████▀▀   ▀█████             ▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄
           ▄████▀        █████          ▄████████▄         ▄██▀
         ▄████▀          ████         ▄████▀▀▀▀███      ▄███▀
       ▄████▀           ▄████       ▄████▀     ████  ▄████▀
      ▄███▀             █████     ▄████▀        ███████▀
     ▄███▀              █████   ▄████▀           ▀███▀
    ███▀                ▀████▄█████▀
  ▄███▀                  ▀██████▀▀
 ███▀                      ▀▀▀▀
███▀
MOYANWHITEPAPERMOYAN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
...FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BitDiscussion

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:34:05 PM

If we stop supporting it and needing it maybe but i doubit will happen. 

Bitcoin would die if there is no demand to it and people will not use it which is unlikely to happen because bitcoin is the one who started blockchain technology which then become an inspiration for others to follow thus having altcoins which some tried to supersede bitcoin but they just can't. Bitcoin is in demand and the most known cryptocurrency in fact others still refer to some altcoins as bitcoin as well and cryptocurrency market cap is so big nowadays that it is hard for us to imagine bitcoin being gone which started it all.
Bitcoin won't die if people stop asking for it. This is not possible that bitcoin would have not even one dealer. Chinese merchants are not gonna leave its side. If the internet connection is removed, we are unable to use bitcoin. That means it lives on internet and will die without it.

sandrun

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:45:37 PM

maybe bitcoin will lose its value when bitcoin prices go down and continue down until bitcoin price reaches 0.1 $ / btc. maybe at that time otang people will look for other alternatives in investing. bitcoin will disappear slowly in the world of crytocoin .. all stories about bitcoin will be lost. but that's not possible because if we see bitcoin prices go up. bitcoin is becoming very popular.

Metoo.14

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 12:50:20 PM

Why do you think btc can die in crypto? Maybe you die in front  and you will not be able to see the end of it and so you don't think too much about the btc trough

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     UTRUST // The FUTURE of Online Payments     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      whitepaper     facebook     twitter     slack       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PRE-ICO | 28th August 2017
xSkylarx

Activity: 504

📌 peerguess.com 📌

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 01:04:21 PM

Bitcoin would die if all the activities in bitcoin will be gone like the demand in the market and also the support of the miners then they will make bitcoin die because what is the purpose of bitcoin if there will be no people interested in bitcoin? I don't think that it will survive for a long time if there will be no people that will do some activities with bitcoin.

................peerguess................ !! Exclusive ICO Benefits !!
..____________________________ANN Thread WhitepaperBountiesTwitterTelegram_________________________..
SiiGLe

Activity: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:22:44 PM

If some powerful countries which are power houses in world economy and politics declares that they are not accepting bitcoin as a valid currency in the future for any reason, bitcoin can see the bottom. I don't see any other reason for bitcoin to go down other than that.

And if you remember  bitcoin had some downs like 20-30% back in 15-20 June. That shows us bitcoin is not immortal or untouchable . It is of course trust worthy till some point but it would be wise to not trust anything 100%.

So it would be better to spread your investments to some alt coins as well.

jennywhzz

Activity: 367

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:50:11 PM

If some powerful countries which are power houses in world economy and politics declares that they are not accepting bitcoin as a valid currency in the future for any reason, bitcoin can see the bottom. I don't see any other reason for bitcoin to go down other than that.

And if you remember  bitcoin had some downs like 20-30% back in 15-20 June. That shows us bitcoin is not immortal or untouchable . It is of course trust worthy till some point but it would be wise to not trust anything 100%.

So it would be better to spread your investments to some alt coins as well.

Bitcoin cannot die even if the world super power declare it illegal or if the handful of countries stop using bitcoin as a medium of transactions.  The reason for this is that bitcoin is not controlled by anyone and it is not anyone's property and hence no regulation can be applied to it. This is the currency of people and it will keep on running till the last man of the earth uses it.  Smiley

██████████.......█████......
████████████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
████....██████...█████████....
██████......██████████...█████████....
█████......██████......████....██...█████████....
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
███...................█████████████████.███████████...
███..███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
██████......███...███████████...██████████.
██████......██.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
Biggapp

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:52:16 PM

Solar flare could cause global power loss and thus digital currency becomes worthless.

Worst case. Shocked
yes you are right that bitcoin can never go down because it is depended on the digital world and it is increasing as the value and the price of the bitcoin increasing in this case it is impossible to see bitcoin dead the only case we can suppose bitcoin dead is if they start taking large fees with low transaction because a lot of people are investing in bitcoin and they use bitcoin for the reliability so if they will found it difficult and slow they might quit using bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.