Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 07:12:41 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 95094 times)
jennywhzz

Activity: 367

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 03:50:11 PM

If some powerful countries which are power houses in world economy and politics declares that they are not accepting bitcoin as a valid currency in the future for any reason, bitcoin can see the bottom. I don't see any other reason for bitcoin to go down other than that.

And if you remember  bitcoin had some downs like 20-30% back in 15-20 June. That shows us bitcoin is not immortal or untouchable . It is of course trust worthy till some point but it would be wise to not trust anything 100%.

So it would be better to spread your investments to some alt coins as well.

Bitcoin cannot die even if the world super power declare it illegal or if the handful of countries stop using bitcoin as a medium of transactions.  The reason for this is that bitcoin is not controlled by anyone and it is not anyone's property and hence no regulation can be applied to it. This is the currency of people and it will keep on running till the last man of the earth uses it.  Smiley

██████████.......█████......
████████████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
███....█████.....███████.....
████....██████...█████████....
██████......██████████...█████████....
█████......██████......████....██...█████████....
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
█████......██████......████....███.███████████...
███...................█████████████████.███████████...
███..███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
███..█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
█████.......██████████.████████████.█████████..
██████......███...███████████...██████████.
██████......██.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████
██████████.....█████████.....██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biggapp

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 05:52:16 PM

Solar flare could cause global power loss and thus digital currency becomes worthless.

Worst case. Shocked
yes you are right that bitcoin can never go down because it is depended on the digital world and it is increasing as the value and the price of the bitcoin increasing in this case it is impossible to see bitcoin dead the only case we can suppose bitcoin dead is if they start taking large fees with low transaction because a lot of people are investing in bitcoin and they use bitcoin for the reliability so if they will found it difficult and slow they might quit using bitcoin.

richmcrich

Activity: 644

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:10:49 AM

If some powerful countries which are power houses in world economy and politics declares that they are not accepting bitcoin as a valid currency in the future for any reason, bitcoin can see the bottom. I don't see any other reason for bitcoin to go down other than that.

And if you remember  bitcoin had some downs like 20-30% back in 15-20 June. That shows us bitcoin is not immortal or untouchable . It is of course trust worthy till some point but it would be wise to not trust anything 100%.

Bitcoin go up and down and it does not mean that it will End or Die. Bitcoin can never ever die. The only situation can be a big flaw in the blockchain technolgy itself making bitcoin down to zero, but of course it will not happen. Bitcoin has been for 9 years and will contuine  to live forever.

███
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████████
          ██████████████████████
                         ████████
         ████████████      ███████
          ███████████        █████
            █████████        ██████
                █████         █████
                █████         █████
                █████        ██████
                █████        █████
                █████      ███████
                █████    ████████
                ███████████████
                █████████████
                ██████████
IDivi ProjectI
  ◤
  ▶
  ◣
❖❖❖ THE FIRST ❖❖❖
USER-FRIENDLY CRYPTO
  ◥
  ◀
  ◢
ICO
◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
Oct. 27th - Nov. 23rd
  ◤
  ▶
  ◣
♦ Whitepaper
♦ Telegram
♦ Website

Japinat

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:19:48 AM

Bitcoin go up and down and it does not mean that it will End or Die. Bitcoin can never ever die. The only situation can be a big flaw in the blockchain technolgy itself making bitcoin down to zero, but of course it will not happen. Bitcoin has been for 9 years and will contuine  to live forever.
It's hard to say forever because bitcoin still a risky investment, it could continue to exist but with people losing its interest it will surely die.
Bitcoin is decentralized and we are the owner of a certain portion if we are holding a bitcoin and when decide not to use it the value will drop until it will become worthless.

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
bakkang

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:25:12 AM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
I think the most important thing that bitcoin would end is that if technology would be nothing. Technology is a thing that makes everything online works. I believe bitcoin wouldn't end because technology has been rampant right now.

crypteris

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:32:02 PM

I guess 51% attack could. If someone had enough resources to control more than a half of the bitcoin network - he might destroy bitcoin at will.
But in my opinion it doesn’t make any sense because this one should invest an enormous amount of money in something he will immediately kill.  Undecided
assyla

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 01:46:16 PM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
I think Bitcoin will die or lost if its medium will die also. And what is the medium of the Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency? Bitcoin is an online money or virtual currency etc. So the medium of Bitcoin is the Internet in which we can use Bitcoin online for transaction, investing and any other related thing about it. So that if Internet will gone there is no Internet or Online Money also.

dimastegar

Activity: 182

World's 1st Marketplace for Tradable Insurance

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:08:39 PM

The situation that will make Bitcoin die is something big. Like the world war, and the disaster that hit the main server Bitcoin. And I hope something like this does not happen to Bitcoin.

a4ndr3w

Activity: 36

Edite

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 02:50:26 PM

When the life cycle is over.
visionfar

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 03:45:25 PM

When the world becomes beautiful,
when the mankind becomes perfect, completely selfless, completely noble, completely self-sacrifice, completely given without seeking return, no longer deceive, no longer lie, no longer greed and fear.

Then the Bitcoin will die.

Or, bitcoin will grown fast like fungi or cancer, no one can stop it.

Someone said if the world situation goes very bad, the bitcoin maybe die, I don't agree,
The bad things is the best nutrition of Bitcoin.
The more bad situation around, the more ugly human nature raise. And the more vitality bitcoin obtain.
Shomeare1932

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 05:43:01 PM

Perhaps bitcoin will die when a awful catastrophe attack the total world and make all the program down or if you want the great motives probably it will die if you will find no electrical power anymore. But the finest likelihood that can come about is when some people accomplishment to develop a method or virus to make bitcoin worthless.
Sohailul

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:02:24 PM

We believe in positive things. Every time we want to be a profitable marketer or person.
So it is very hard to say, in what situation would bitcoin die?
Ejanend

Activity: 182

JOLYY - The future of beauty!

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:20:10 AM

The situation that will make Bitcoin die is something big. Like the world war, and the disaster that hit the main server Bitcoin. And I hope something like this does not happen to Bitcoin.
The use of the bitcoin stops only when I see the internet is not working so for me bitcoin can never die but if the internet will disappear from the world then it will make bitcoin die and the other reason is if the users of the bitcoin will decrease then the bitcoin will be dead but as the time passing the bitcoin users are increasing in the number a lot of people are using bitcoin and no chance for the internet to stop so bitcoin will never die indeed.

mudasarali43

PROOF

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:33:29 AM

I think when some kind of bad news happen like Korea nuclear test on Japan or some type of related news happen then in effect Bitcoin would die and also a bad effect on it price.

katrimans

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:52:43 AM

I think the most important thing that bitcoin would end is that if technology would be nothing. Technology is a thing that makes everything online works. I believe bitcoin wouldn't end because technology has been rampant right now.
I am hundred percent sure that it will never die in any situation. Because people are buying more and more why? Because it is the future digital currency. So I think this topic is just for depressing the people who have invested their hard earnings in bitcoin and nothing else.

How it will die and what will be the reason. I do not understand these phenomena. Just keep buying and hold bitcoin in your wallets, and it will give you a huge profit in the future.

.ZIGGER.      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
A Decentralized Crypto Marketplace
____ for Localized Shopping ____
[|FACEBOOK
TWITTER
SLACK
ICO  ▶  13th November 2017
GET YOUR 40% BONUS
IN FIRST 24 HOURS!
]      ███
  ███ ███
█ ███ ███
█ ███ ███
     ███
███ ███
███ ███
  ███ ███
███ ███
███ ███
███     █
███ ███
███
DaftAjax

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:48:26 PM

I guess 51% attack could. If someone had enough resources to control more than a half of the bitcoin network - he might destroy bitcoin at will.
But in my opinion it doesn’t make any sense because this one should invest an enormous amount of money in something he will immediately kill.  Undecided
Then why did you even have a though about that if it doesn't make any sense? Now I'm confused.

If a person holds 51% of the overall numbers of Bitcoins so to speak, he still doesn't have the ability or the authority to manipulate Bitcoin itself. Since it is decentralized - making it more harder to crack the code. Although you cant track all the transactions in the blockchain to see if a person really have that amount (I mean who does that? Even if you can do that, who the heck does that? A stalker maybe? I don't know), still it will not be enough to manipulate this cryptos only by one person, and to the fact that even the government couldn't crack it (they have hackers and all the resources they need).

wallstone

Activity: 238

Smart Money on the Ethereum Blockchain

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:09:39 PM

If everyone stops using it or if in some way becomes wothless, these are the two situations I think of that could make bitcoin die. But I don't know what could cause something like this, people get used to bitcoin and all benefits that it gives and demand is geting biger all the time.
Well, I agree that if everyone stops using bitcoin it will die. However, I think it will not die easily and as of now bitcoin become more popular and famous. In addition to that, as you can see no one can predict what will happen in the bitcoin in future but I believe that bitcoin would not die.

Mrsmants

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:16:37 PM

I feel bitcoin will proceed to grow in a lot of nations around the world these kinds of as the progress of rates keep on to riseAnd bitcoin will not be replaced as the biggest electronic forex that has a wonderful price so that it can sajajar with actual forex.I am making use of bitcoin for business functions as effectively as my trading organization
swiftblade

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:56:47 AM

Global scale EMP. That bomb kill electronic device. Private keys will stiil exist in digital world, but human realm disconnected to digital.

This disaster not only affect crypto… but also influence every aspect

Harley Quinn

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 01:10:55 AM

Only of the internet was taken offline. I think we will have more problems to worry about then Bitcoin. Alot mist happen before bitcoin dies. That is how well bitcoin works.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.