Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:33:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: In what situation would Bitcoin die?  (Read 101750 times)
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:21:01 PM

digital things can not be killed. It bases on the internet and as long as the internet keeps surviving, nothing can harm it. Bitcoin prices may drop but It will never die. BItcoin will exist for a long long time

Bitcoin will surely exist for next 10 years as I don't see any competition to it till that point of time but not sure what will be the scenario after that as the technology gets more advanced then there is a full possibility that it can get replaced by some new technology in future.

I do not think that bitcoin will be replaced in the future. Most likely the one will be improved. But he will remain bitcoin. I believe in the great potential of this currency.
He can not just die like this, this is a unique phenomenon
i also do not think that bitcoin is ever going to die, because bitcoin is becoming popular from time to time and i am hopeful that a time will come when all the people of the world will start using bitcoin, which will make bitcoin as more active currency of the world.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:08:28 AM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
Perhaps, bitcoin would die only if the the demand will be stop and bitcoin users will disappear and no traders will no longer attempt to use it. Or if the internet will be gone also.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:09:28 AM

How and why would the end of bitcoin (and any other cryptocurrency) occur? Value decrease? Legality issues? Different technology/ideas to supersede it?
Perhaps, bitcoin would die only if the the demand will be stop and bitcoin users will disappear and no traders will no longer attempt to use it. Or if the internet will be gone also.
Anjing Lu

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:51:28 AM

When the American and Chinese Governments declare that bitcoin is illegal, if there is a formal statement of American and China Government to ban the bitcoin then bitcoin soon die, because china and the United States is a great country that affect the world.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:10:45 PM

When the American and Chinese Governments declare that bitcoin is illegal, if there is a formal statement of American and China Government to ban the bitcoin then bitcoin soon die, because china and the United States is a great country that affect the world.
Yes that can actually make bitcoin die because china is one of the early adopters of bitcoin and most of the early investors and miners are out there so even just china banned bitcoin then the people there will sell their bitcoin and it will affect the market and the price will go down and it will make a panic selling situation which bitcoin's price will suffer.
Dimelord

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:42:23 PM

According to  99bitcoins,bitcoin has already died 119 times.
Bitcoin has given us the wonderful core technology which is the best innovation of this century.
Bitcoin's price was just $17.34 in jan2012 and now its price is $1300.It must be irritating most bankers eyes.
Bitcoin has found a price appreciation of over 54% in 2016.
So,its very hard for any situation to make bitcoin die.But it should survive the quantum computing which is to be introduced after 20 years.Thats the real challenge which bitcoin has to face.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:48:04 PM

Yes that can actually make bitcoin die because china is one of the early adopters of bitcoin and most of the early investors and miners are out there so even just china banned bitcoin then the people there will sell their bitcoin and it will affect the market and the price will go down and it will make a panic selling situation which bitcoin's price will suffer.
I don't think so, our world does not rely on only 2 countries if we are we won't have our own governments. Right now if USA and China fully implements on banning Bitcoin it would have not much effect because other countries such as Japan and now Russia is now supporting or embracing the idea of cryptocurrency. With that being said there is 2 developed countries in which they want to accept Bitcoin as some form of legal currency in their country it is really not yet a done deal for this countries to also change their minds on the view of cryptocurrency we must wait for clearer news on their decision about Bitcoin then we might know where Bitcoin might be headed.
ApplePanPine

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 12:52:41 PM

Bitcoin can die only when investors turn away from him. Now bitcoin invested a lot of money, so it is popular. If bitcoin ceases to use forsight, then he will just die. But it's too early to talk about this, because we see a sharp increase in the popularity of bitcoin now
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 01:22:10 PM

I think Bitcoin will dead if every country decides to ban Bitcoin permanently. Then, there will be no more people using Bitcoin because they might be arrested in this condition. And bitcoin can also be dead if there are a new cryptocurrency which is more profitable, more advance and can fix most of the bug of bitcoin. In the future, there will be more cryptos qualifying these facors.

yes you are probably correct, it will be die if some countries will banned it permanently, and in some areas in the world I think, surfing in the internet is prohibited, but not all the country it is prohibited there are few.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Jrock

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 02:49:33 PM

I think Bitcoin will dead if every country decides to ban Bitcoin permanently. Then, there will be no more people using Bitcoin because they might be arrested in this condition. And bitcoin can also be dead if there are a new cryptocurrency which is more profitable, more advance and can fix most of the bug of bitcoin. In the future, there will be more cryptos qualifying these facors.

yes you are probably correct, it will be die if some countries will banned it permanently, and in some areas in the world I think, surfing in the internet is prohibited, but not all the country it is prohibited there are few.

I don't think that there is any country that has prohibited the usage of internet as its not illegal to use internet and all countries needs internet to carry out their businesses but there are few countries that have banned bitcoins permanently and people cannot use it freely like other countries.

axorb

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:47:18 PM

If people will stop using bitcoins in future then it will surely die in future as people likes changes and once they get fed up of bitcoins then they will start looking for some new technology which can be better then bitcoins.
Genedarner123

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:36:13 PM

bitcoin is a p2p currency. the only way it can die is if people stop using it
Format.C^

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:06:57 PM

I don't think that people will stop using bitcoins in fact we will find more people who will start using bitcoin in near future which will take its price to even higher level so there is no chance that bitcoin can ever die in future.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 09:58:10 PM

I cannot agree with you, bitcoin is not only a p2p currency, it is something more than that.
You have many places where you basically deposit the bitcoins on the exchange, and you put up a sell order.
It does not have to be neccesarily one investor buying you bitcoins, but they might be distributed among bigger number of traders.
Obviously, you can use only p2p transaction services, such as localbitcoins.com to just obtain bitcoins through trade which includes cash, or bank transfer.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:08:09 PM

I cannot agree with you, bitcoin is not only a p2p currency, it is something more than that.
You have many places where you basically deposit the bitcoins on the exchange, and you put up a sell order.
It does not have to be neccesarily one investor buying you bitcoins, but they might be distributed among bigger number of traders.
Obviously, you can use only p2p transaction services, such as localbitcoins.com to just obtain bitcoins through trade which includes cash, or bank transfer.

When you send a transaction to one peer even when your coins is at an exchange, isn't it peer to peer transaction? 

It is when the developer stop developing Bitcoin and miners stop mining it, even with people who are willing to transact but no one is mining, network will not move since no one will mine and solve a block.  The network being stagnant means a sign of Bitcoin being dead.
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:38:58 PM

As of now i don't think so that bitcoin can die because people using bitcoin are many and almost day by day users of bitcoin increasing because of socail media we spread the good news about bitcoin.
phaddie

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:01:09 AM

As of now i don't think so that bitcoin can die because people using bitcoin are many and almost day by day users of bitcoin increasing because of socail media we spread the good news about bitcoin.

That's right its hard to believe that bitcoin will die in future as its still in its younger age and its growing in the best way and when it will become more older it will be holding many more users which will take price even to higher level.
millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:10:56 AM

I agree with you, bitcoin is such as innovation of payment system that really good. I do not think that people will leave bitcoin. and also bitcoin price is keep increasing so it can attracts more people to use bitcoin.
tango99

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:23:47 AM

I agree with you, bitcoin is such as innovation of payment system that really good. I do not think that people will leave bitcoin. and also bitcoin price is keep increasing so it can attracts more people to use bitcoin.

I think that the real enemies of bitcoin are the government. It can make it so that people stop using bitcoin because of big taxes or other restrictions.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:25:50 AM

Yeah I will support this, right now it's hard to make bitcoin die and a lot of people invested a lot of money on it already. There's no way to make bitcoin dead because it has already a very strong foundation and that cannot changed right now. Even there are people and medias that will change the reputation of bitcoin to bad, still that won't work.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: