Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:17:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375656 times)
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:13:09 PM

What was the ICO price?

0.01 ETH per BNT or 100 BNT for 1 ETH.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:14:35 PM

I haven't seen BNT the price drop below 0.01 ETH ... is it even possible ?

Blah blah
dz4505

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:23:31 PM

What was the ICO price?
Around $3.70 per BNT.
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:35:25 PM

The market price can only start to drop below 0.01 ETH once BNT worth a 120K ETH is offloaded.
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:36:54 PM

Sell pressure very strong and there are no BNT updates for now, I guess at least 2 months nothing will happen, so price will drop maybe to 0.005eth...
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 02:52:51 PM

Pretty funny part is that right now with price being lower than ICO, you can spend less USD and gotten more out of than the ICO and skip all the craziness.   Undecided

Yep, that's what I did. I started from fiat, so regardless of whether it hit ICO price in ETH, for me it worked out cheaper.
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:00:18 PM

At the current price of 0.010463 ETH and a total supply of 79.719M BNT tokens... more or less 11 468 986 BNT tokens need to be sold to push the price below 0.01 ETH per unit.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:14:57 PM

Actually think there has not been an ICO that if you had held on to your eth and bought later that you would not have been better of
dz4505

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:17:50 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 03:48:41 PM by dz4505

Actually think there has not been an ICO that if you had held on to your eth and bought later that you would not have been better of
Right.  Because the USD value increased for ETH many times.  This is how you benchmark performance of a coin.  Vs FIAT or in this case USD.

But most ICO still did better initial ICO investment in USD.  Just not ETH good.

Right now BNT is negative return in USD.
reffi

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:24:31 PM

What exactly is the real purpose of Bancor?  On their website it says "ANYONE CAN CREATE A TOKEN AND LAUNCH A CROWDSALE"  is that the real purpose?    I think investors now after Bancor ICO are more cautious, and will not invest blindly into new ICOs, I think Bancor will drop to $1 soon, that ICO bubble is over...
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:28:15 PM

What exactly is the real purpose of Bancor?  On their website it says "ANYONE CAN CREATE A TOKEN AND LAUNCH A CROWDSALE"  is that the real purpose?    I think investors now after Bancor ICO are more cautious, and will not invest blindly into new ICOs, I think Bancor will drop to $1 soon, that ICO bubble is over...

What is the problem Bancor is solving?

The Bancor protocol represents the first technological solution for the classic problem in economics known as the “Double Coincidence of Wants Problem,” in the domain of asset exchange.

For barter, the coincidence of wants problem was solved through money, allowing people to transact asynchronously, over time and space. For money, the existing exchange model relies on the labor of market makers providing liquidity, as represented by an order book which creates market depth. This requirement for labor creates a barrier-to-liquidity, meaning that some threshold of trade activity level is required in order to retain high liquidity at the market price. This barrier-to-liquidity particularly affects small cap, custom, lightly traded currencies, such as community currencies or small business loyalty points, as examples.

The Bancor protocol proposes a new solution that removes the barrier-to-liquidity by employing an asynchronous price-discovery model enabled by asset-holding smart tokens. Smart tokens are always purchasable and sellable for the token(s) they hold in reserve. The continuous liquidity of smart tokens removes the barrier-to-liquidity and enables the emergence of the long tail of user-generated currencies. This could lead to a democratization of value creation, similarly to how blogs democratized publishing and YouTube democratized broadcasting.

Beyond enabling the long tail of cryptocurrencies, the Bancor protocol mechanism of intrinsic reserve currencies coupled with the ability of the smart contract to issue and liquidate smart tokens, also holds profound implications in use cases where the goal is not to create new credit (as is the case with most new cryptocurrencies) but rather to enable the exchange of existing currencies without a counterparty or orderbook (see “Token Changers”) or to enable the direct ownership of currency baskets, or index funds, without counterparty risk (see “Decentralized ETFs”).

Source: https://www.bancor.network/faq/general
reffi

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:38:37 PM

What exactly is the real purpose of Bancor?  On their website it says "ANYONE CAN CREATE A TOKEN AND LAUNCH A CROWDSALE"  is that the real purpose?    I think investors now after Bancor ICO are more cautious, and will not invest blindly into new ICOs, I think Bancor will drop to $1 soon, that ICO bubble is over...

The Bancor protocol represents the first technological solution for the classic problem in economics known as the “Double Coincidence of Wants Problem,” in the domain of asset exchange.

For barter, the coincidence of wants problem was solved through money, allowing people to transact asynchronously, over time and space. For money, the existing exchange model relies on the labor of market makers providing liquidity, as represented by an order book which creates market depth. This requirement for labor creates a barrier-to-liquidity, meaning that some threshold of trade activity level is required in order to retain high liquidity at the market price. This barrier-to-liquidity particularly affects small cap, custom, lightly traded currencies, such as community currencies or small business loyalty points, as examples.

The Bancor protocol proposes a new solution that removes the barrier-to-liquidity by employing an asynchronous price-discovery model enabled by asset-holding smart tokens. Smart tokens are always purchasable and sellable for the token(s) they hold in reserve. The continuous liquidity of smart tokens removes the barrier-to-liquidity and enables the emergence of the long tail of user-generated currencies. This could lead to a democratization of value creation, similarly to how blogs democratized publishing and YouTube democratized broadcasting.

Beyond enabling the long tail of cryptocurrencies, the Bancor protocol mechanism of intrinsic reserve currencies coupled with the ability of the smart contract to issue and liquidate smart tokens, also holds profound implications in use cases where the goal is not to create new credit (as is the case with most new cryptocurrencies) but rather to enable the exchange of existing currencies without a counterparty or orderbook (see “Token Changers”) or to enable the direct ownership of currency baskets, or index funds, without counterparty risk (see “Decentralized ETFs”).

Thanks for the info, but all I see is big words or theories... in the FAQ it also says that What is Bancor?

"The Bancor protocol enables anyone to create a new type of cryptocurrency called a smart token, which can hold (and trade) other cryptocurrencies"  Really???  Like thanks to Bancor we will get another 500 new coins?! oh wow, thanks alot Bancor! Now just how do we find buyers and demand for each and every one of those new coins?

My questions is, does Bancor still relies on ETH to create those new tokens? or is everything still based on ETH??  If Bancor can create its own tokens and be competitor to ETH then I can see the purpose, but if it relies on Ether then why even bother?
temmuz

Activity: 784
Merit: 425

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:35:09 PM

I'm constantly getting this error. I can not log in to the app." There was an internal error, please try again!"
mummybtc

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:40:04 PM

What was the ICO price?
It depends on when you get into the ICO, the price of Ether was between the range of $380-$425 on the ICO date, and 1 Ether = 100BNT.
yoo10

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:40:18 PM

CURRENT PRICE
0.010427 ETH
$3.3621
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:41:43 PM

We have a platform where you can create your own coin, in fact, several.We have a token in Ethereum that can relate in price to erc20 coins so why bother with Bancor.In fact, I see nothing in there road map that says new technology
jtalk
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:41:57 PM

It is best time to buy because whales are playing successfully to push the little investors and weak hands out with final shaking out method which has been used over and over again, even I didn't think this will happen this quickly. It is not new when some market reacted quite opposite to everyone's expectations at starting days. It will bounce back in near future.

OOOBTC.com

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬

Bounty
[/center]
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 05:17:41 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2017, 05:29:50 PM by paulmaritz

What exactly is the real purpose of Bancor?  On their website it says "ANYONE CAN CREATE A TOKEN AND LAUNCH A CROWDSALE"  is that the real purpose?    I think investors now after Bancor ICO are more cautious, and will not invest blindly into new ICOs, I think Bancor will drop to $1 soon, that ICO bubble is over...

Thanks for the info, but all I see is big words or theories... in the FAQ it also says that What is Bancor?

"The Bancor protocol enables anyone to create a new type of cryptocurrency called a smart token, which can hold (and trade) other cryptocurrencies"  Really???  Like thanks to Bancor we will get another 500 new coins?! oh wow, thanks alot Bancor! Now just how do we find buyers and demand for each and every one of those new coins?

My questions is, does Bancor still relies on ETH to create those new tokens? or is everything still based on ETH??  If Bancor can create its own tokens and be competitor to ETH then I can see the purpose, but if it relies on Ether then why even bother?

You're welcome. I am not the best person to provide an answer here, but let me give it a shot...

Let's assume I am the owner of a local restaurant - Restaurant X. I want to encourage more people to visit Restaurant X - both locals and people from other parts in the world. I decide to issue discount vouchers in the form of a smart token. In addition, I want the token to be liquid and of value even to those who might choose not to come and eat at my restaurant. So I decide to create and issue my own smart token within the Bancor network. I want to call it Restaurant X (REX). I need BNT tokens to create my smart token. Assuming that I don't own any BNT tokens, I buy some ETH and convert it into BNT tokens via smart contract. Alternatively, I have the option to buy BNT in the open market by paying in any currency or token that the seller will accept.

"All smart tokens issued within the Bancor network will hold the BANCOR token as a reserve (though they may also hold additional reserve tokens. This means that an appreciation in the value of any of the network's smart tokens will appreciate the value of the BANCOR network token, benefiting all other smart tokens in the BANCOR network, since their reserve balance will increase. BANCOR will also be used a a reserve for the token changers that make up its decentralized exchange network. A BANCOR token changer is basically a smart token that holds a 50% CRR reserve in BANCOR, and 50% CRR reserve in an existing, standard ERC 20 token (e.g. REP, GNT, RLC) allowing end-users to easily convert between the two by buying with one reserve token and selling it for the other."

In other words, those who hold REX smart tokens will not have to come to my restaurant to exchange it for a meal in order to realize the value. They will be able to exchange their REX tokens for other tokens anywhere in the world. E.g. let's assume Luigi, a restaurant owner in Italy, creates and issues a smart token for his restaurant within the Bancor network. He calls the token: Restaurant Italy (RIT). Now I will be able to exchange some of my REX tokens for RIT tokens in order to enjoy a meal at Luig's restaurant in Italy. Or in case I can't make it, I just take the RIT tokens and convert it back into the tokens of my liking (within the decentralized exchange network built by Bancor).

Or even better...

Let's assume someone in Italy received some RIT tokens from Luigi as part of a promotion. However, Sandra don't want to eat at Luigi's restaurant. She wants to buy a pair of designer shoes instead. So she orders a pair of shoes from Gustav in Germany and pays in RIT tokens - partially or in full. Gustav is happy, because he has the option to keep or exchange the RIT tokens for something else of value. Now Sandra goes around, telling her friends and everybody else how she bought shoes in Germany by using RIT tokens. Her friends are blown away. The news spread like a wild fire. Luigi's restaurant is getting a lot of attention!

Meanwhile in Germany, Gustav is telling his friends how he managed to sell more shoes because of his decision to accept RIT tokens. And so the Bancor story continues to spread like a wildfire. Those who sold their BNT tokens for next to nothing are now starting to regret it.  Wink

Thus, by creating my smart token or "discount vouchers" within the Bancor network, my token enjoys worldwide liquidity due to the reserve value held and people who make use of the Bancor network. Another benefit that I enjoy is that my restaurant is now getting worldwide exposure. This "discount voucher" keeps on giving!

"My questions is, does Bancor still relies on ETH to create those new tokens? or is everything still based on ETH?? If Bancor can create its own tokens and be competitor to ETH then I can see the purpose, but if it relies on Ether then why even bother?" - As far as I understand, Bancor's products are build on the ETH blockchain. However, while ETH was needed to buy BNT tokens initially, one is now able to buy BNT with any currency a seller will accept. This is because of the ETH reserve value of 0.01 per BNT. However, if I am not mistaken, if one sells BNT by sending instructions via smart contract, it will only return ETH at this stage. The BNT sold will be destroyed. In addition, if one wishes to buy BNT via smart contract, one can only do so by sending ETH via smart contract.

The above is my understanding of how it works (at least the token creation part of it). I am sure I am not 100% spot on, but it might give you a pretty good idea of what the idea is behind Bancor. This could be HUGE!
tehMoonwalker

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 06:02:37 PM

relax and buy the dip, or panic sell and get burned
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 06:05:20 PM

relax and buy the dip, or panic sell and get burned

Perfect advice  Grin  i  hope someone will listen to you  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 [166] 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: