Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:04:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375656 times)
crypt0dude

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:24:48 PM

As promised, I'm back with my verdict if I'd invest or not based on my own sentiment and the answer is no. Another reason against the false assumption of a guy here on the forums accusing new accounts to shill for this project.
Nobody thinks you're shilling, relax.

Something doesn't feel right, I don't know what, but it's also related to the 2-year contract when you bought over cap and since its cap is unknown, this is a risk, as I've said, I need to have liquid currency for an upcoming venture capital.
You misunderstand.. your BNT won't be locked up if you invest after the hidden cap is reached. They simply say that IF the hidden cap is breached within the first hour, the extra ETH capital (not your BNT) will be distributed as follows:
- 20% to BNT Ether reserve
- 80% will be locked in a smart contract for 2 years and used to buy BNT if the price falls below the ICO price. After 2 years the remaining ETH will be distributed according the initial ICO terms.

This is advantageous to you as an ICO investor, minimizing the risk of the price falling below ICO price.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of, so instead of 'misunderstanding' as your interpretation, it's a positive affirmation on what I thought. Why? If the project doesn't succeed and/or fades away over time - for any reason - then:
a) 20% going to BNT Ether reserve is not a net benefit for me as an investor on the long term (2 year contract), other than pressure a price floor;
b) I get 80% of tokens I can't do anything with, because if it was a success, it wouldn't issue BTN.

So in conclusion, I lose 20% + 80% of what I could have invested/traded/speculated in 2 years time of my overinvestment by said use case or worse, lose everything. By seeing the interest in this project, the possibility to fulfill the one hour term is realistic, all the while carrying the risk of 2 years without compensation and being in the dark what the status is of funding.
Instead of cutting the losses on my own during this period, I've no choice but to see it all go in flames if the company is not operating anymore. Remember, this is an ICO, unlike IPO, it's unregulated without any insurance, you have no rights at all. It asks a lot of trust and what I've seen so far, is the most riskiest ico so far. To get at least the trust of investors, you have to show the cap and live update it as the funding goes from start to finish.

I've no problem to invest long term, but I want security in case something happens with the company when we're talking about large investments. That's what regulations are for. In my view, talking about large investments over 2 years time without any rights, you're out of your mind. This is the exact opposite of 'advantageous to you as an investor'. As for ICO investments: At least without this contract, you can short and cut your losses, not withstanding the lack of transparancy at the fundraising.

It's too bad, because the only crypto's I've seen so far with the greatest potential before they had manifested where Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stratis and now Bancor. The risk/reward is too high for me. Thanks again for clarifying my thoughts and feelings. It's clear as day now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ngsg

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:36:47 PM

As promised, I'm back with my verdict if I'd invest or not based on my own sentiment and the answer is no. Another reason against the false assumption of a guy here on the forums accusing new accounts to shill for this project.
Nobody thinks you're shilling, relax.

Something doesn't feel right, I don't know what, but it's also related to the 2-year contract when you bought over cap and since its cap is unknown, this is a risk, as I've said, I need to have liquid currency for an upcoming venture capital.
You misunderstand.. your BNT won't be locked up if you invest after the hidden cap is reached. They simply say that IF the hidden cap is breached within the first hour, the extra ETH capital (not your BNT) will be distributed as follows:
- 20% to BNT Ether reserve
- 80% will be locked in a smart contract for 2 years and used to buy BNT if the price falls below the ICO price. After 2 years the remaining ETH will be distributed according the initial ICO terms.

This is advantageous to you as an ICO investor, minimizing the risk of the price falling below ICO price.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of, so instead of 'misunderstanding' as your interpretation, it's a positive affirmation on what I thought. Why? If the project doesn't succeed and/or fades away over time - for any reason - then:
a) 20% going to BNT Ether reserve is not a net benefit for me as an investor on the long term (2 year contract), other than pressure a price floor;
b) I get 80% of tokens I can't do anything with, because if it was a success, it wouldn't issue BTN.

So in conclusion, I lose 20% + 80% of what I could have invested/traded/speculated in 2 years time of my overinvestment by said use case or worse, lose everything. By seeing the interest in this project, the possibility to fulfill the one hour term is realistic, all the while carrying the risk of 2 years without compensation and being in the dark what the status is of funding.
Instead of cutting the losses on my own during this period, I've no choice but to see it all go in flames if the company is not operating anymore. Remember, this is an ICO, unlike IPO, it's unregulated without any insurance, you have no rights at all. It asks a lot of trust and what I've seen so far, is the most riskiest ico so far. To get at least the trust of investors, you have to show the cap and live update it as the funding goes from start to finish.

I've no problem to invest long term, but I want security in case something happens with the company when we're talking about large investments. That's what regulations are for. In my view, talking about large investments over 2 years time without any rights, you're out of your mind. This is the exact opposite of 'advantageous to you as an investor'. As for ICO investments: At least without this contract, you can short and cut your losses, not withstanding the lack of transparancy at the fundraising.

It's too bad, because the only crypto's I've seen so far with the greatest potential before they had manifested where Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stratis and now Bancor. The risk/reward is too high for me. Thanks again for clarifying my thoughts and feelings. It's clear as day now.

I say, out with old - in with the new! ICO will, undoubtedly, replace IPO in the foreseeable future and visionaries that understand the risk/ reward equation should be the only ones allowed in at this stage!
Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:39:15 PM

Its not 80% your tokens that will be locked. Its 80% of Bancors ETH over the cap that will be locked.

CrowInACrown

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:59:46 PM

So just to summarise, if anyone could confirm:

- if the ICO sells out and hardcap is reached, initial market cap with the current ETH price will be 640 million USD

- there is additional hidden cap, that when exceeded, will result in 80% of additional funds to be placed in a special contract that first people to do this will be able to use to withdraw their investment, but only the fastests will benefit this

- 20% is for bounties or 1% is for bounties?

- you can not move or sell your coins for couple of days after ICO, so it is not possible to sell and move your coins to another ICO

- are any big exchanges involved?

- some Bancor tokens will be given away for free?
ZenFr
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:08:01 PM

- if the ICO sells out and hardcap is reached, initial market cap with the current ETH price will be 640 million USD

- there is additional hidden cap, that when exceeded, will result in 80% of additional funds to be placed in a special contract that first people to do this will be able to use to withdraw their investment, but only the fastests will benefit this

- you can not move or sell your coins for couple of days after ICO, so it is not possible to sell and move your coins to another ICO

All teses questions seems very interesting.
If the team can answer here, it's would be nice :-)
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:13:11 PM

Correct, max coinmarketcap after the presale can be 640 million USD. Still lower than Stratis.

Correct, first people who use the contract will be guaranteed to be get back their ETH. The exact amount of ETH in this fund is unknown at this point and also we are not sure if it will be created, depends on the amount of ETH collected in the presale.

No worries, only about 1% is for current bounties, 20% is fund to be used for bounties later.

Correct. It will be locked for couple of days to prevent flipping.

No, the whole point of Bancor is that you do not need exchanges. You can buy (or sell) Bancor from the contract also after the ICO and not only during the ICO. The price during the ICO is one, but the price after the ICO will depend on the amount of people selling/buying. If more people want to buy than sell, the price will go up. If more people want to sell after the crowdsale than buy, the price will go down.

Yes, you will be able to grab lots of Bancor tokens after the ICO too. For example about 250 000 USD worth of Bancor and ETH will be given away to Wings holders. People who bought Wings are trying to forecast the Bancor ICO and average payout per Wings shareholder is 1000 USD worth of tokens, so it is very profitable.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:14:56 PM

So how much ETH do we need ready to get into this and what's the price?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
duke944

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:24:51 PM

So how much ETH do we need ready to get into this and what's the price?

As much as you are willing to risk, and 100 bnc for 1 eth.
Btw, why is the cap hidden? what's to prevent the team from changing the cap during the ico to whatever comes in?
Seriously, what is the purpose of hiding the cap from investors until it is 80% reached?
omorfi

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:27:12 PM

I like the new bancor platform demo v1.2 interface. "Log in" options within facebook messenger, telegram and wechat are very useful. Very easy to access. Well done devs..
TimeHacker

Activity: 521
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:33:51 PM

No worries, only about 1% is for current bounties, 20% is fund to be used for bounties later.

So what kind of bounties are you planning for the future? Are the current translation bounties and social media and bitcointalk signature campaigns goin to continue, or do you think of something completely different?

kjn311

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:44:27 PM

How is Bancor avoiding the SEC? Will the product not be available in the US?
capone1340

Activity: 239
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:48:25 PM

How is Bancor avoiding the SEC? Will the product not be available in the US?
for Sure no

Whitepaper  ⚫  ⚫   ⧯ Multi-Wallet   ⧯ Exchange   ⧯ Merchant Platform   ⚫  ⚫      ⧉ ICO Details
        ⚫  ⚫     ⚫  ⚫    ░░▒▒▒▓▓ ⧫ COSS.IO - Crypto One Stop Solution ⧫ ▓▓▒▒▒░░     ⚫  ⚫    ⚫  ⚫
    ░░▒▒▓ COSS Token - An ERC20 based Token - revenue generating cryptocurrency ▓▒▒░░
Razaberry

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:27:11 PM

Bernard Lietaer (co-architect of Euro) Joins Bancor Protocol

https://blog.bancor.network/bernard-lietaer-joins-bancor-protocol-foundation-as-chief-monetary-architect-2ff9d06e8e01

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
Razaberry

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 10:36:21 PM

The value of the BNT after ICO will depend on three main unknowns:

- How much BNT will be required as reserve for smart tokens created through the Bancor platform before the monthly fee is waived
- How high the monthly fee will be for smart tokens created using the Bancor platform
- How the CRR of the BNT will be changed after the ICO

And of course general adoption but that is anybody's guess right now anyway.

What monthly fee?

Bancor will require a monthly fee for users that opt out of BNT as a reserve in their smart tokens. Details unclear as of now.
Where do yo get that? Eyal mention about fee, never heard him saying monthly fee.
And razaberry is one of the team.

Yeah, there's no fee like that.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
ngsg

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:02:55 PM

You wouldn't believe what I just found - Bancor Network BNT to Bitcoin BTC Exchange / HitBTC is already trading at 30% up - wtf (........ and that's even before the start of their ICO)/

https://hitbtc.com/exchange/BNT-to-BTC
fatma88

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 11:04:37 PM

You wouldn't believe what I just found - Bancor Network BNT to Bitcoin BTC Exchange / HitBTC is already trading at 30% up - wtf (........ and that's even before the start of their ICO)/

Amazing - the ICO is still Monday at 10GMT - right?
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:27:22 AM

That is their usual practice.
check https://hitbtc.com/exchange/PTOY-to-BTC  for example
AmarO

Activity: 84
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:05:50 AM

Amazing - the ICO is still Monday at 10GMT - right?

Another newbie account with a history of all Bancor accounts spreading propaganda. HITBTC manipulates prices for every ICO buying and selling themselves. I bought some BOS for .05c ICO and now they have it at $2.50 last time I checked which is a scam. When it gets on exchange in October it will be .20-.50c.

Could you both stop the marketing propaganda I don't know how affiliated you guys are with Bancor and don't want to go down that road but come on...
noeeel

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 01:32:37 AM

I made a meme

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Racooma

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 03:36:43 AM

we're watching this one over at WINGS Foundation

I watched this video on YouTube. -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOekWq9CzuU

I'm looking forward to seeing the future of Bancor. Smiley

Regards,
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: