Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:50:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 477 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bancor | Protocol for Smart-tokens, solving the liquidity problem  (Read 375656 times)
BWH1984

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:49:36 PM

What is " three year vesting schedule."??

So the 10% of BNT that goes to the team has a 3 year vesting schedule. This is to safeguard the company from employees running away after they get their share. So every team member has some "skin in the game" Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:51:24 PM

good project, greedy project. I will wait after ICO

my prediction it will be cheaper.

Blah blah
stefanoste

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:58:04 PM

So the 10% of BNT that goes to the team has a 3 year vesting schedule. This is to safeguard the company from employees running away after they get their share. So every team member has some "skin in the game" Wink

Thx ...so funds will be locked  for two years  as state  on the  communication right ?

"
20% will be allocated to the BNT Ether Reserve, to further improve the liquidity of BNT, which increases stability while reducing conversion costs (price slippage) for all.
80% will be locked for two years in a smart contract that will buy back BNT for 0.01 ETH (the initial price) whenever it is available, according to its calculated price. The purchased BNT will be added to the Foundation’s long-term budget, and after a 2-year period, any remaining ETH will be allocated pro-rata according to the “Use of Proceeds” chart in our Token Creation Terms
"
whatsTheDeal

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:00:00 PM

Changing the pre-established time to rake in more money from Americans is absolutely ridiculous. Why set the original time in the first place?? Scammy look all the way around
Do you run a company? have you ever run an ICO? i believe you are a true FUDER if you imply  Bancor is a scam, i have been following them for months now, and i think they are one of the most intersting teams out there

BWH1984

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:11:11 PM

Thx ...so funds will be locked  for two years  as state  on the  communication right ?

"
20% will be allocated to the BNT Ether Reserve, to further improve the liquidity of BNT, which increases stability while reducing conversion costs (price slippage) for all.
80% will be locked for two years in a smart contract that will buy back BNT for 0.01 ETH (the initial price) whenever it is available, according to its calculated price. The purchased BNT will be added to the Foundation’s long-term budget, and after a 2-year period, any remaining ETH will be allocated pro-rata according to the “Use of Proceeds” chart in our Token Creation Terms
"

No lol, those 2 are unrelated.

So the 3 year vesting schedule refers to the 10% of BNT going to the team which solely applies to employees. This wont affect you in any way.

The 2 year period you mention is the distribution of ETH funds raised in the 1st hour  more than the hidden cap, of which 80% will be locked up in a smart contract for 2 years buying up BNT as described above.
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:13:01 PM

No matter how bad the terms are, people will buy into this anyway.
Ya that how it goes. As long as u will do money with that.....people will invest in this ico. Every ICO Project this years started with x2 and more on the exchange. Noone will sell his coins less then ico price. You will do always some money with legit/good ico projects

I was too lazy to check out the team until now but as I see, nobody cares here, so here's my question about the developer team. I hope some people will read this.

Yehuda Levi - CTO - CoFounder Appcoin, 3years 9mo. When you go to Appcoins, it has no detail at all, not even a website, what did he do for almost 4 years ?
Mati Levi - QA Engineer - 3 years at Appcoin. Same thing, what did he do ?
Omry Rosenfeld - Frondend developer 1year 5mo, same question.
Assaf Rachman - Full stack developer at Appcoin. same question
Or Bachar - Web developer at Marketspulse for 2years 1mo. Here's the site. http://www.marketspulse.com/ It does not even have a single link in it. Could have been a bare picture with text. This was his work for 2 years ?
Itay Dreyfus - UX/UI Designer for 5months at Appcoin but he links group.market app.

These are the devs. Now I'm really curious what did they do at appcoin, all I could find was https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475160.0 It's a scamcoin from 2014 and https://www.appcoin.me/ UX/UI DESIGNER open position, no links.

Yes Appcoin seems to be scam/ project suspended. But Itay left that company. In most of the cases the UI/UX ,Developers dont even know if they are working for a scam project.
But involvment of Yehuda as CTO is strange.
I have no idea why nobody cares about the dev team.. I wanted to invest like 20-30 eth in this but there are just too many unanswered questions that makes the whole thing fishy. People's logic is something like this : every ICO will at least 2x and noody sells under ICO so let's invest. But they only see the winning ICOs, the majority fails. Now this will be bought in 1hour I'm sure of that so it might make profit anyway and that is pretty dangerous in the long run, it teaches people to lose their common sense/logic and throw money at everything new..(this is kinda happening all year with ICOs)
FOMO at its finest. I was going to throw most of my liquidity into this project but now I'm toning it back.

Is there any proof of appcoin being a scam other than some forum speculating about it? Looks like it was simply an unsuccessful project. They are even open about it in at least one interview, saying "many of the appcoin team now works on Bancor". Having a failed project is not necessarily a bad thing, can be good, as long as they learned from it.

Let me ask you a different question, is there any proof that the dev team actually ever worked on anything ? I don't see much. more like none in the past 4 years.

Zechis966

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

http://cointedtoken.com/

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:17:11 PM

It's too late and I literally JUST found this thread so have mercy with this question, how do we know the cap again? I thought it was hidden but everyone keeps saying 300 cap with 750 or something.

It is right there in the contract code hard coded as 1 million ETH, which equals 350 million USD, which equals 700 million market cap.

I realized this RIGHT before passing out last night, but it's also not entirely correct eh?

wouldn't this bank entirely on the price of ETH on the day of investing?

I think I'm only gonna put a small bit in...such high goals is a little crazy, espcially if with X tokens and ETH @ ~$350 the 'hidden cap' HAS to be higher than that, since that's their BASE market cap.

Wouldn't that mean that 100/ETH is right now ~$3.50 USD/BNT which 1 million ETH would be 100 Mil BNT?

how you get 700 million market cap unless it's ~$7/BNT?

Shahrul09

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:21:53 PM

It's too late and I literally JUST found this thread so have mercy with this question, how do we know the cap again? I thought it was hidden but everyone keeps saying 300 cap with 750 or something.

It is right there in the contract code hard coded as 1 million ETH, which equals 350 million USD, which equals 700 million market cap.

I realized this RIGHT before passing out last night, but it's also not entirely correct eh?

I think I'm only gonna put a small bit in...such high goals is a little crazy, espcially if with X tokens and ETH @ ~$350 the 'hidden cap' HAS to be higher than that, since that's their BASE market cap.

Wouldn't that mean that 100/ETH is right now ~$3.50 USD/BNT which 1 million ETH would be 100 Mil BNT?

I donno why ppl think this ico gonna get 1m eth in 1 hour. Is that even possible? Lol

That 1m eth is a security cap.
Zechis966

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:22:55 PM

I have no idea why nobody cares about the dev team.. I wanted to invest like 20-30 eth in this but there are just too many unanswered questions that makes the whole thing fishy. People's logic is something like this : every ICO will at least 2x and noody sells under ICO so let's invest. But they only see the winning ICOs, the majority fails. Now this will be bought in 1hour I'm sure of that so it might make profit anyway and that is pretty dangerous in the long run, it teaches people to lose their common sense/logic and throw money at everything new..(this is kinda happening all year with ICOs)
FOMO at its finest. I was going to throw most of my liquidity into this project but now I'm toning it back.

Is there any proof of appcoin being a scam other than some forum speculating about it? Looks like it was simply an unsuccessful project. They are even open about it in at least one interview, saying "many of the appcoin team now works on Bancor". Having a failed project is not necessarily a bad thing, can be good, as long as they learned from it.

Let me ask you a different question, is there any proof that the dev team actually ever worked on anything ? I don't see much. more like none in the past 4 years.

While correct, they could've just learned from mistakes and be golden now, it IS sketchy that there's not more discussion about it.

I'm totally with you pw but the only disagreement is we don't try to predict where the market is going, we should closely follow it. And like the greats have said, the market will remain illogical longer than you remain liquid Wink

idk for sure about this one, might drop 10-15 ETH into it just in case, but I agree...the fundamentals are ALL off but fundamentals don't dictate where a market goes, it's the fools with tons of money who WONT let it drop past ICO price. I'll have to see how many transactions are attempting to occur right up til the sale...then I'll go with the money if it's going there!

Roidz

Activity: 1386

1XBit.com

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:27:44 PM

I donno why ppl think this ico gonna get 1m eth in 1 hour. Is that even possible? Lol

i don't even understand how will be possible to have like 250k eth ... no one in history of crypto raised too much...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Zechis966

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:27:49 PM

but so, is the 1m ETH the 'hidden' cap they just have it obviously shown in the contract?

"Because if that's the hidden cap then I doubt this one will hit the hidden cap xD

I put tons into MGO when I saw it break 35m from when I first put in around 10m...I have NO doubts we'll see a project this year or beginning of next that pulls in 100m+...just don't know if it's Bancor or if it'll go even past the 100 to 350+ heheh....

still don't understand the logic people are using to calculate 700+ market cap at current eth prices. Wouldn't a hard cap of 1 m eth=100m BNT...which at ~3.50/BNT would be 350m market cap?....not 700?

I was never great at math because I didn't give two craps...but now that the math is involved with me making good decisions with my money...I'm getting sharper and sharper...had to correct people so many times at MGO who thought the price was determined through 'Funds Raised/Tokens Total' which was incorrect because 30 million tokens were reserved out of the bidding pool...thus can't be counted in towards market price.

I might very well be wrong and missing something I've barely perused this thread, but 100 mil tokens at ~$3.50/token I'm missing the math where it hits 700mil market cap!

Roidz

Activity: 1386

1XBit.com

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:30:09 PM

could be possible to fund in 2 times?
let's say 1 eth on the start and some other eth after 40-50 mins? or should i make a single transation?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  Super Six 
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
6 BTC PRIZE POOL
TAKE PART
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BWH1984

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:30:45 PM

Ya that how it goes. As long as u will do money with that.....people will invest in this ico. Every ICO Project this years started with x2 and more on the exchange. Noone will sell his coins less then ico price. You will do always some money with legit/good ico projects

I was too lazy to check out the team until now but as I see, nobody cares here, so here's my question about the developer team. I hope some people will read this.

Yehuda Levi - CTO - CoFounder Appcoin, 3years 9mo. When you go to Appcoins, it has no detail at all, not even a website, what did he do for almost 4 years ?
Or Bachar - Web developer at Marketspulse for 2years 1mo. Here's the site. http://www.marketspulse.com/ It does not even have a single link in it. Could have been a bare picture with text. This was his work for 2 years ?
Itay Dreyfus - UX/UI Designer for 5months at Appcoin but he links group.market app.

These are the devs. Now I'm really curious what did they do at appcoin, all I could find was https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475160.0 It's a scamcoin from 2014 and https://www.appcoin.me/ UX/UI DESIGNER open position, no links.

Yes Appcoin seems to be scam/ project suspended. But Itay left that company. In most of the cases the UI/UX ,Developers dont even know if they are working for a scam project.

No but not having proof of them working on something or having proof of a scam does not carry the same weight imo. I can also only speculate but to me it looks like a project they simply gave up on... Otherwise they would do a better job hiding it, don't you think? (Like not mentioning it on their linkedin, not speaking about it in interviews, deleting the website completely, etc.) I can also understand why they gave up on it if they had a potentially better idea like Bancor.
Some proof in either direction would help, without it anyone can only use their best judgment I guess...
Zechis966

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:35:28 PM

No but not having proof of them working on something or having proof of a scam does not carry the same weight imo. I can also only speculate but to me it looks like a project they simply gave up on... Otherwise they would do a better job hiding it, don't you think? (Like not mentioning it on their linkedin, not speaking about it in interviews, deleting the website completely, etc.) I can also understand why they gave up on it if they had a potentially better idea like Bancor.
Some proof in either direction would help, without it anyone can only use their best judgment I guess...

true but also sketchy pending the timeline if they 'just gave up' haha.

In cases like MAIDSAFE I beg D. Irvine to stop...a good entrepreneur knows when to quit obviously...but there is a time-space where it's understandable and times where it ends up looking like they raised funds just to 'quit' the failing project.

I don't know which was the case here I don't know if I care, because the market has spoken and I'm trying to go with the market.

Still...any kind of tarnish on a record seems a little lame if they don't straight up say something like:

"Appcoin was a fail and we've been working to distance ourselves from it and continue on to bigger better things"

ddhga

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:07:16 PM

I am worried I can't join the ICO ,you are so crazy ,
a lots of guys join the ICO and sell it quickly ,
and then join other ICO project
easyrimka

Activity: 518
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:13:12 PM

I am worried I can't join the ICO ,you are so crazy ,
a lots of guys join the ICO and sell it quickly ,
and then join other ICO project

the ico will last 1 hour, you have the time dont worry
Razaberry

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:17:11 PM

Bancor - What it is and why its awesome, the entire concept explained

https://medium.com/@eddyeazar/bancor-a-new-global-financial-system-where-every-currency-can-be-liquid-eafcc5c7165a

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
pwpwpw

Activity: 908
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 04:17:48 PM

AT least they should say why they gave it up or say anything but this silence is just a joke. If this was not in the crypto community, people would laugh on it and not invest a dime unless things are cleared up but here we see no reply at all, not for the dev questions and nothing for the hard cap question..I feel like.. "guys... are you for real ?"

https://media.giphy.com/media/jWexOOlYe241y/giphy.gif

eyal (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2017, 04:59:31 PM

Appcoin was our previous company where we focused for 4 years on community currencies after having discovered Bitcoin in 2011 and realizing that user-generated money would change the world. Blockchain wasn't mature enough at the time, though we tried to support Master Coin and Colored Coins in order to achieve our objective of allowing any community to easily create a coin. We built lots of software at Appcoin. including front end marketplaces and currency governor dashboards, and piloted with dozens of communities which thrived for a time. Over time, however, we discovered the liquidity problem was limiting custom currencies, which would eventually lead us to develop the reserve mechanism, on Ethereum, at Bancor.

Some of Appcoin’s many pilots included:
Lev Market: Largest community currency in Israel, focused on young mothers. Over 40,000+ members
Chalk: Second largest community currency in Israel, focused on middle and high school kids and operated by the National Student Assoisiation. Over 20,000+ members
CampusCoin: A pilot at UC Berkeley, CA
Group Market, a collection of many micro communities to create a ‘feed’ of complementary currencies (still online in Israel)

Overall, we achieved nearly 1m transactions in complementary currency by ‘regular’ people buying actual products and services, not merely converting money for money.
You can check the product at (its in hebrew!) : https://group.market/gpmtil
Article about CampusCoin : http://www.dailycal.org/2014/09/14/campuscoin-brings-another-cashless-alternative-campus/

http://bancor.network - A Hierarchical Monetary System and the Foundation of a Global Decentralized Autonomous Exchange
mcfom
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 05:03:17 PM

This is awesome stuff very informative and easy to understand about whole mechanism how this will work. I'm quite sure this project will be next big thing so it is like a revolution everyone must join this.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 477 »
  Print  

Jump to: