Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:54:08 AM

@Vblossom please grow up nobody interested into your scam project and don't bother us by sharing this link into other topic. I reported to moderator to delete this post because you are promoting thew scam with stupid way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 06:31:39 PM

They haven't changed anything but dividends to buybacks.

The 24 month moratorium hasn't passed yet so there was no vote yet...

They stated in a previous AMA that ICN token holders would be entitled to the money from all the Iconomi owned assets if it would come to a stop.

EDIT: Am I unhappy with their speed of development and ICN utility? For sure, but I still think that they are building up the foundations to make ICN holders very rich in the future and I am willing to wait.

If this is true, I'd like to propose a token holder vote to dissolve the company, and return all the assets that the company holds to the ICN tokenholders, before the team goes about enriching themselves from the company coffers. Do you think this would be possible? There's a reason ICN is trading below the liquidation value of assets held by this company.
someonesomeone

Activity: 933
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 08:05:18 AM

Is it possible? No idea, but I would vote against that because they are actually progressing nicely although at a slower pace that I had hoped for.

As for the price being what it is, that is market determined. It will grow as they start marketing more heavily and give ICN more utility or if it stays low, they will just burn more ICN tokens which will ensure a bigger growth down the line.

They stated in a previous AMA that ICN token holders would be entitled to the money from all the Iconomi owned assets if it would come to a stop.

EDIT: Am I unhappy with their speed of development and ICN utility? For sure, but I still think that they are building up the foundations to make ICN holders very rich in the future and I am willing to wait.

If this is true, I'd like to propose a token holder vote to dissolve the company, and return all the assets that the company holds to the ICN tokenholders, before the team goes about enriching themselves from the company coffers. Do you think this would be possible? There's a reason ICN is trading below the liquidation value of assets held by this company.
bakgwei

Activity: 327
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 09:26:31 AM

Is it possible? No idea, but I would vote against that because they are actually progressing nicely although at a slower pace that I had hoped for.

As for the price being what it is, that is market determined. It will grow as they start marketing more heavily and give ICN more utility or if it stays low, they will just burn more ICN tokens which will ensure a bigger growth down the line.

I agree - compared to the vast majority of other project out there I think Iconomi is doing an outstanding job with their investment platform (their DAAs). They are very active and proactive, and things seem to be progressing nicely. This does not reflect in the price of ICN, but that has IMHO not much to do with the company behind it.
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2018, 05:05:47 PM

Sure, the price is market determined, but it they are trading under book value, and the ICN holders own the company and its assets according to their fundraising documents, then it's an easy win for the ICN tokenholders. You're getting a dollar for 30 cents, why would you say no? If you think the team can deliver still, then they are free to do another ICO with modified terms, and perhaps keep their promises the next time to that set of investors.
artursimsonfrg

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 06:49:34 PM

Iconomi is a digital assets management platform that aims to simplify investing in cryptocurrencies, ICOs etc.ICNX- is index of cryptocurrencies and reflects the whole market, assets are added to the index according to certain eligibility criteria.
erwan

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:24:20 PM

ICN is one of the most successful ico in the world but after I noticed there is no price increase this year.
Do Developers plan something that will surprise investors ICN Huh
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 05:24:24 PM

ICN is one of the most successful ico in the world but after I noticed there is no price increase this year.
Do Developers plan something that will surprise investors ICN Huh
Read the posts above. The problem isn't with creating the platform, but with that value being seen by the ICN holders.
someonesomeone

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:03:50 AM

So they just launched their first regulated fund with the second one close behind it. In the next 10 days they will announce the biggest burning of tokens in the history of ICN with the combined burned tokens amount probably exceeding 1% of the total supply.

They are on the verge of accepting fiat payments and scaling things to the next level. They are implementing ICN fees for DAA creation in a month, ICN fees for DAA rebalancing (both of these fees meaning more burnt tokens in the future).

And you would kill the company now when the work of the past year and a half is comming to fruition? If that isn't shortsighted then I don't know what is Smiley

And I haven't even mentioned the huge unrealized profits from their ICO investments... Even in this crappy market when prices are down I would bet that the 20% of profits would result in $10M+ in profits for buybacks with that number growing heavily in the next bull run.

So why would any reasonable investor cash out now and earn maybe another 50% profit when a few months from now you will probably have 500%+ profit?

Sure, the price is market determined, but it they are trading under book value, and the ICN holders own the company and its assets according to their fundraising documents, then it's an easy win for the ICN tokenholders. You're getting a dollar for 30 cents, why would you say no? If you think the team can deliver still, then they are free to do another ICO with modified terms, and perhaps keep their promises the next time to that set of investors.
rose8963

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 11:11:46 AM

ICONOMI’s first blockchain audit represents one of the most important milestones so far, another bridge we have built between the old and the new economy, and another step we have made toward transparency and trust. Read more about this big step here: https://medium.com/iconominet/setting-new-standards-for-the-blockchain-industry-iconomis-digital-assets-verified-by-deloitte-64af063fecf8
Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:27:11 PM

Utility, Burnrate, Bookvalue, Fees from Nina, Blockchain One, 4000 ETH ICO investment (Pinta), Fiat Gateway, Debit Card. All these things are starting to increase the ICN value.
If there's really a bull market to come we're rich even if ICN stay under book value but i doubt it will stay under book value for a long time.
Right now price to book ratio it's 0.91 excluding the lost parity funds which seems like are gonna come back.
There's actually good things happening with Iconomi not just news like most of the altcoins.

ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 03:45:59 PM

So they just launched their first regulated fund with the second one close behind it. In the next 10 days they will announce the biggest burning of tokens in the history of ICN with the combined burned tokens amount probably exceeding 1% of the total supply.

They are on the verge of accepting fiat payments and scaling things to the next level. They are implementing ICN fees for DAA creation in a month, ICN fees for DAA rebalancing (both of these fees meaning more burnt tokens in the future).

And you would kill the company now when the work of the past year and a half is comming to fruition? If that isn't shortsighted then I don't know what is Smiley

And I haven't even mentioned the huge unrealized profits from their ICO investments... Even in this crappy market when prices are down I would bet that the 20% of profits would result in $10M+ in profits for buybacks with that number growing heavily in the next bull run.

So why would any reasonable investor cash out now and earn maybe another 50% profit when a few months from now you will probably have 500%+ profit?

Maybe it is time for some elementary finance lessons. Can you find me one company in the S&P500 that trades below liquidation value? I'll wait.

There's a reason why this doesn't happen. The future promise for returns means nothing. There are equivalent opportunities in any market. If you put in $1 and can get even $1.01 out immediately, that's a win because the opportunity cost of the $1 is the rest of the market.

In this case, for example, ETH would be a natural alternative. Now tell me again how much ICN has historically outperformed ETH, and how it will continue to do so?

In the end, my example to liquidate was hypothetical - obviously, there is no ICN voting mechanism. They just made a bunch of promises in the whitepaper to raise as much money as possible, and then never followed through on most promises. What makes you think the near future would be any different?

If the company literally created a trust with all the ICO money and did absolutely nothing, you'd probably see the price of ICN to be 900% more than it is today. What does that tell you?
Cryptocurrencies News
Copper Member

Activity: 154

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:48:06 PM

someonesomeone

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:04:39 PM

By comparing ICN to ETH you are comparing apples and oranges... ETH launched in 2015 and is far more down the roadmap line then ICN. Give ICN another year and then we can talk again.

As for $0.01 being a win for you, that is your decision. I invest into projects with an at least x100 ROI expectation. I already gained that much on a few other projects and ICN will soon be among them. Do you think that ETH will do x100? I don't think so.

But it seems that our investment styles differ by a lot so you do yours and I will do mine, but talking BS about how many promises they broken while breaking one is just BS. And if you are unhappy with ICN why not sell it and move to ETH? You will be better of there for sure Smiley

Maybe it is time for some elementary finance lessons. Can you find me one company in the S&P500 that trades below liquidation value? I'll wait.

There's a reason why this doesn't happen. The future promise for returns means nothing. There are equivalent opportunities in any market. If you put in $1 and can get even $1.01 out immediately, that's a win because the opportunity cost of the $1 is the rest of the market.

In this case, for example, ETH would be a natural alternative. Now tell me again how much ICN has historically outperformed ETH, and how it will continue to do so?

In the end, my example to liquidate was hypothetical - obviously, there is no ICN voting mechanism. They just made a bunch of promises in the whitepaper to raise as much money as possible, and then never followed through on most promises. What makes you think the near future would be any different?

If the company literally created a trust with all the ICO money and did absolutely nothing, you'd probably see the price of ICN to be 900% more than it is today. What does that tell you?
welshminer

Activity: 39

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 07:41:52 PM

So this means DAA managers can now use fiat as a hedge?
Anyone knows which ones?

https://imgur.com/b8xkIJN

https://imgur.com/y5IyRdC
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 11:56:04 AM

Looks like as BTC/ETH goes up Iconomi just trying to follow , so if btc will recover to 20k range , we will see iconomi back to 4-5$ range . Im still holding some tokens that i bought for 0.30 cents last year . Would be nice if i could use them in Iconomi platform to invest in DAA and see my investment grow lol
axlroses

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:18:51 PM

Looks like as BTC/ETH goes up Iconomi just trying to follow , so if btc will recover to 20k range , we will see iconomi back to 4-5$ range . Im still holding some tokens that i bought for 0.30 cents last year . Would be nice if i could use them in Iconomi platform to invest in DAA and see my investment grow lol
if Btc goes back up there must be altcoin that will follow including iconomi but very far if Btc now rises to 20k you can see it's been a few months price no big increase just bouncing it.
AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:19:16 PM

It seems there is pretty good chance we will see this price again when this market will get recover. This project is trying hard to find the stable way to give some relief to all holders.
Gutenhans

Activity: 135
Merit: 12

Call me Mr. Hans

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 01:02:18 PM

@ruletheworld I get what you're saying with ETH. If someone holde ETH instead of ICN he would have a lot more $ right now. But the comparison it's not really fair.
ETH thrived on ICO's because so many we're accepting ETH and BTC. ICN instead it's triving on the profit that ICO's will make. One comes after another. They are really delivering and doing per total a good job.
Of course everybody would like a better communication from the team, straight answears, even if they have delays with part of the project. More fixed dates and present situation regarding some goals on the roadmap.
They just don't want to shill the news or have aggressive marketing. Considering it's a good project it's really a loss. But hey, i've been here in the past and communication was A LOT worse (see reddit a year ago)but.. they are starting to improve in that department also.
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 03:57:31 AM

You don't seem to understand the very basics of finance, so seems pointless to try and educate you. Perhaps you should do some reading and get back if you want to have a civil discussion. It is clear that you're just looking for a pump for ICN with your comments on 100x the price, without any baseline or fair value considerations. At this stage, it is pointless to continue this discussion with you.

By comparing ICN to ETH you are comparing apples and oranges... ETH launched in 2015 and is far more down the roadmap line then ICN. Give ICN another year and then we can talk again.

As for $0.01 being a win for you, that is your decision. I invest into projects with an at least x100 ROI expectation. I already gained that much on a few other projects and ICN will soon be among them. Do you think that ETH will do x100? I don't think so.

But it seems that our investment styles differ by a lot so you do yours and I will do mine, but talking BS about how many promises they broken while breaking one is just BS. And if you are unhappy with ICN why not sell it and move to ETH? You will be better of there for sure Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 [428] 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: