Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:16:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 09:56:35 PM

If anybody wants to "sell bitfloor debt" feel free to PM me, I will happily buy your BTC from you @ bitfloor.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:02:42 PM

Closed for business at 100
chrsjrcj

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:02:47 PM

WTF? Just saw this so immediately converted my USD to BTC, now I can't withdraw.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 10:03:40 PM

Really? I converted a few hours ago with no problem.

Gonna miss this exchange.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
lukestokes

Activity: 165

Live life on purpose

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 10:15:29 PM

For my friends that didn't go through the mtgox process, I recommended this as the best way to get funds into the system. I still have a bit of $ in there too since I didn't get notified about this until it was too late. I hope I still get that $ back someday. Sad

http://www.foxycart.com: Helping developers create flexible, powerful, custom ecommerce in less time, while equipping merchants with the fastest checkout flow available to their customers. 60+ payment gateways, including Bitpay. Bitrated user: lukestokes.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:18:33 PM

For my friends that didn't go through the mtgox process, I recommended this as the best way to get funds into the system. I still have a bit of $ in there too since I didn't get notified about this until it was too late. I hope I still get that $ back someday. Sad

Another way is cavirtex.com even if you are not a Canadian.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:29:32 PM

Ok, seems like Roman handled this nicely.

Re: The people complaining that it should have been sent to everybody at once, or that what if someone "missed" the email" -
It specifically says in the email in OP's post that the email was being sent to groups of members, staggered, to prevent panic. So, all members ARE receiving the email, just not at the same time.

And it's impossible to "miss" the email or notification - it's not like we have 5 minutes to withdraw all our USD and BTC or it will be stolen. We can take our sweet old time if we like.

Re: The person offering to buy bitfloor debt - In case you didn't realize, the person was referring to debt owed to him by Bitfloor for the large amount that was stolen from user's wallets in the 2012 Bitfloor hack. So you would be buying a debt from an exchange that is relying on future income to repay that debt.

Re: Lucif not sure whether to buy or sell on this,  Wink don't worry, bitfloor is such a small-volume operation it won't have an affect on the other exchanges the way MtGox does. And as someone else mentioned, banks randomly freezing accounts only reduces demand for fiat.

We should consider OTC if exchanges seem too unreliable. Unless you're day-trading or trying to get in short-term at the perfect price, OTC is a good bet.

Also, there are exchanges popping up left and right; and there are even other options to fund at other exchanges via cash deposit at a bank (many Bitfloor users liked this feature.) Just look around. This isn't the end of the world for Bitfloor users.

All this being said, I'm sure Roman will sort this out and get Bitfloor up and running again. Having your bank account suddenly shut down is kind of a whack in the balls so he's doing the right thing by halting trading.

The funny thing is trading halted right at $100.00.  Grin Grin Grin
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:30:06 PM

It's dead, Jim.

Related threads:

bitfloor needs your help!
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105818.msg1868333#msg1868333

Bitfloor Shutting Down?
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179152.0

Bitflloor: " Trading will be suspended at 6 PM EST on 2013.04.17."
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179168.0

Bitfloor trading suspended
 - http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179198.0

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 10:33:01 PM

This is too bad =/ I was hoping bitfloor would continue to grow, they seemed to be doing pretty well and was definitely one of the smoother exchanges to trade on IMO.

Obviously this is disregarding the unfortunate coin loss. I will say that Roman had been making loss repayments and all signs pointed towards him continuing to do so. Hopefully they can get everything in order...

I agree. Disappointing. I really liked trading there.

^^ This! My experience at bitfloor has been great except for a delay on a cash deposit..

I think localtill / bofa is bitfloors problem... i could be mistaken but.. i think it was the landslide of localtill issues that brought this on.. especially during the panics.

Glad my spiddy sense's got me to withdraw the few thousand i had in there as well as my coins ..

Give localtill and bofa the shaft roman! Do like us lil guys ! Credit union???

Hope everyone gets their cash out.. who else didnt receive an email!?
EDIT// just read the mail sent in groups.. still i must be part of the group who didnt receive an email..

Someone mentioned the ca exchange ill have to look.. if not----->  son of a *****, here i come gox!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:35:21 PM

Ok, seems like Roman handled this nicely.

Re: The people complaining that it should have been sent to everybody at once, or that what if someone "missed" the email" -
It specifically says in the email in OP's post that the email was being sent to groups of members, staggered, to prevent panic. So, all members ARE receiving the email, just not at the same time.

And it's impossible to "miss" the email or notification - it's not like we have 5 minutes to withdraw all our USD and BTC or it will be stolen. We can take our sweet old time if we like.

Re: The person offering to buy bitfloor debt - In case you didn't realize, the person was referring to debt owed to him by Bitfloor for the large amount that was stolen from user's wallets in the 2012 Bitfloor hack. So you would be buying a debt from an exchange that is relying on future income to repay that debt.

Re: Lucif not sure whether to buy or sell on this,  Wink don't worry, bitfloor is such a small-volume operation it won't have an affect on the other exchanges the way MtGox does. And as someone else mentioned, banks randomly freezing accounts only reduces demand for fiat.

We should consider OTC if exchanges seem too unreliable. Unless you're day-trading or trying to get in short-term at the perfect price, OTC is a good bet.

Also, there are exchanges popping up left and right; and there are even other options to fund at other exchanges via cash deposit at a bank (many Bitfloor users liked this feature.) Just look around. This isn't the end of the world for Bitfloor users.

All this being said, I'm sure Roman will sort this out and get Bitfloor up and running again. Having your bank account suddenly shut down is kind of a whack in the balls so he's doing the right thing by halting trading.

The funny thing is trading halted right at $100.00.  Grin Grin Grin
Handled it nicely?   Real businesses do not get their bank accounts shut down.   He says he is registered with FinCen on his website.   He obviously has NO IDEA what he is doing and has no right to have been running a business and assuring people he did know what he was doing.   SCAMMER or complete incompetent.   Either way, a real blight on the BTC PR image.   Thanks a lot for setting us back.   Great PR.

Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:45:02 PM

Real businesses do not get their bank accounts shut down.

Exactly.

And real businesses don't get their Paypal account frozen.

And real businesses don't get chargebacks.
chrsjrcj

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:48:56 PM

WTF? Just saw this so immediately converted my USD to BTC, now I can't withdraw.

Was finally able to withdraw.
samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:52:00 PM

Aw, damn. I still have USD in there. No email or anything. I even logged in earlier today. Now I have to register for ACH for a company whose bank account is closing?

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:56:18 PM

Handled it nicely?   Real businesses do not get their bank accounts shut down.   He says he is registered with FinCen on his website.   He obviously has NO IDEA what he is doing and has no right to have been running a business and assuring people he did know what he was doing.   SCAMMER or complete incompetent.   Either way, a real blight on the BTC PR image.   Thanks a lot for setting us back.   Great PR.

I'm sorry you are a complete and utter idiot. I try to refrain from name-calling - but - as frozenlock mentioned: " REAL BUSINESSES " ? (WTF dude) do they also not get paypal accounts frozen or credit card chargebacks? Banks freeze whatever accounts they want to, this isn't the first time this has happened and it isn't the last. Basing your judgement of Roman's level of competence on his bank account being frozen shows pretty clearly that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

By the way, I not only have an opportunity to school you in value judgement based on the behavior of external institutions with a 100+ year record of flagrant corruption, but also in post quoting etiquette. My post was extremely long and you only responded to one small part of it - where I claimed that Roman handled it nicely. Quote etiquette demands that you prune when the opportunity is obvious. Our scroll fingers do not have infinite stamina.
-However - if you assume that the behavior of an external institution with a record of corruption can be used for a value judgement on a separate instutition, I can understand how you might also assume that scroll fingers of Bitcointalk.org users have infinite stamina. Both are wild leaps with absolutely no supporting evidence.

Pfft "Real businesses" lol. Real businesses don't get credit card chargebacks or paypal freezes in your bizarre-o fantasy world... stop smoking the fiat money and get in touch with reality bro.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 10:59:03 PM

I'm sorry you are a complete and utter idiot. I try to refrain from name-calling - but - as frozenlock mentioned: " REAL BUSINESSES " ? (WTF dude) do they also not get paypal accounts frozen or credit card chargebacks? Banks freeze whatever accounts they want to, this isn't the first time this has happened and it isn't the last. Basing your judgement of Roman's level of competence on his bank account being frozen shows pretty clearly that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

By the way, I not only have an opportunity to school you in value judgement based on the behavior of external institutions with a 100+ year record of flagrant corruption, but also in post quoting etiquette. My post was extremely long and you only responded to one small part of it - where I claimed that Roman handled it nicely. Quote etiquette demands that you prune when the opportunity is obvious.

Have a nice day! "Real businesses" lol. Real businesses don't get credit card chargebacks or paypal freezes in your bizarre-o fantasy world... stop smoking the fiat money and get in touch with reality bro.

+1  Certainly put more nicely than I would have...

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:00:05 PM

What the hell? Are you shitting me? This has happened to me and I was a real business (LLC) with liceanse, tax ID, everything. What a crock of shit.

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:00:36 PM

Banks freeze whatever accounts they want to, this isn't the first time this has happened and it isn't the last. Basing your judgement of Roman's level of competence on his bank account being frozen shows pretty clearly that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

[/quote]

Wait, it isn't frozen though...right?  It's just being shut down in a few days....

So we're good.... yeah?

Love me some Bitfloor. Sad

Edit:  wtf? Tongue

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:01:37 PM

Bitcoin Ashley, Nice rant. +1

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
Xiaoma

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:02:52 PM

Oh shit I have the huge amount of $2.4905 there... lost forever.

But seriously, bitfloor was the only place where I could easily buy coins, I could put cash in and have it online in 30 minutes, with a total charge of 2%
That was too good to be true. Now I have to use crappy moneygram (that takes 10% total fee to load the dollars) or wire money (and wait 3-5 days)

This shows how easily banks can fight back against Bitcoin, making adoption more difficult.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:07:39 PM

It's dead, Jim.