Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:10:08 PM

He confirmed it as "indefinite"

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTC Books

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:13:29 PM

He confirmed it as "indefinite"

Thank you.

Dankedan: price seems low, time to sell I think...
antimattercrusader

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:14:14 PM

I am having an issue withdrawing my BTC though....

I withdrew 1 BTC (to test my new address/withdraw ability) then withdrew ~85BTC.

https://anonfiles.com/file/1fcbc2cd5f064c9c6d87ac88cbb2d707

I did receive the 1BTC, no problem. But, the 85 is no where to be seen.

When we see the blockchain.info link for my address, it appears the 85BTC has not been sent, while the 1BTC is there.

https://blockchain.info/address/1KbBmF6FQJ7dj7Q5LVTFnzsuFiqcHETEEn

Thoughts? Do they batch process, need to xfer from offline wallet, or am I about to get gox'd?

BTC Books

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:16:59 PM

I am having an issue withdrawing my BTC though....

I withdrew 1 BTC (to test my new address/withdraw ability) then withdrew ~85BTC.

https://anonfiles.com/file/1fcbc2cd5f064c9c6d87ac88cbb2d707

I did receive the 1BTC, no problem. But, the 85 is no where to be seen.

When we see the blockchain.info link for my address, it appears the 85BTC has not been sent, while the 1BTC is there.

https://blockchain.info/address/1KbBmF6FQJ7dj7Q5LVTFnzsuFiqcHETEEn

Thoughts?

When I did have an account with them, this was common.  They keep a hot wallet, and an offline wallet.  Withdrawals from the offline wallet - that is to say larger transactions - have always taken a few hours.  Keep in mind that 'larger transactions', for bitfloor, are somewhat smaller than for Gox.

antimattercrusader

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:17:46 PM

Ok, thank you. Smiley

Just makes me jumpy, I'm not a mood to loose 85BTC today lol.

I'm sad to see Bitfloor go, I really liked their platform. I was looking at CampBX, they seem good. Thoughts?

notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:24:15 PM

Does anyone have guesses as to why their bank would shut them down? Is this an attack against bitcoin? Something else?

Digikeys

Activity: 115

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:26:26 PM

This seems like a reasonable explanation..

I've had this happen with an American business account. Risk management sends you a letter saying they are shutting down the account in 7 days. There's no disputing it, there's no appeal, it's going to be closed. Risk Management simply decides they don't like something about your transaction history and that's that. I'm not sure it's related to Bitcoins, they're probably leaving very little money in that account (probably a good idea) and just keeping enough to send out ACH withdrawals to traders. But when it's 99% of the money coming in is going right back out and it starts adding up to being millions in/out unless you have a huge chunk of money sitting there to cover any issues, banks are not going to be terribly comfortable.

If it was related to Bitcoin (under a BS excuse of money laundering) the account would be frozen. It doesn't sound like it's frozen, it sounds like the bank is saying we don't want your business GTFO.
BTC Books

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:27:30 PM

Ok, thank you. Smiley

I'm sad to see Bitfloor go, I really liked their platform. I was looking at CampBX, they seem good. Thoughts?

Yes - they've been hanging in there in pretty much last place for awhile.  Points for tenacity.

I think the reason they've never caught on is their very up-front acceptance of regulation, 'Know Your Customer' BS, & etc.  That seems to be becoming less important though, as bitcoin is attracting more mainstream types.

Next time I sign up with an exchange I'll probably give them a try.

samurai1200

Activity: 303

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:28:55 PM

Ok, thank you. Smiley

Ive only done a small volume of trades at both, but in my mind, form-fit-function of CampBX is very similar to Bitfloor.

Hodl for the longest tiem.

Use it or lose it: http://coinmap.org/
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:29:49 PM

This seems like a reasonable explanation..

I've had this happen with an American business account. Risk management sends you a letter saying they are shutting down the account in 7 days. There's no disputing it, there's no appeal, it's going to be closed. Risk Management simply decides they don't like something about your transaction history and that's that. I'm not sure it's related to Bitcoins, they're probably leaving very little money in that account (probably a good idea) and just keeping enough to send out ACH withdrawals to traders. But when it's 99% of the money coming in is going right back out and it starts adding up to being millions in/out unless you have a huge chunk of money sitting there to cover any issues, banks are not going to be terribly comfortable.

If it was related to Bitcoin (under a BS excuse of money laundering) the account would be frozen. It doesn't sound like it's frozen, it sounds like the bank is saying we don't want your business GTFO.

I suspect exactly this.  Either frozen already or in the next few days. 

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:30:03 PM

Real businesses do not get their bank accounts shut down.

Exactly.

And real businesses don't get their Paypal account frozen.

And real businesses don't get chargebacks.

Real businesses get chargebacks and they file through the claim process.   Real businesses do not get paypal frozen if they had opened the account properly and gave truthful information on what they are doing.  

bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:30:57 PM

Ok, thank you. Smiley

I received my btc. Also, yes I hope bitfloor can return with the same service. Especially if this incident is handled cleanly, Roman will have gained trust.
notig

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:31:19 PM

If the bank just decides they don't want their business how come bitfloor can't seek a new bank? The indefinitely sounds permanent
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:42:37 PM

Indefinitely doesn't mean permanently, so it's not confirmed yet. There are no grounds for saying "sad to see Bitfloor go" just yet.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 11:44:30 PM

Credit union FTW!!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
antimattercrusader

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:45:03 PM

If the bank just decides they don't want their business how come bitfloor can't seek a new bank? The indefinitely sounds permanent

One might think... he might want to consider a smaller local bank or credit union where he can discuss his business needs and have a person who will actually listen and present a real solution. Hard to find thesedays.

Indefinitely doesn't mean permanently, so it's not confirmed yet. There are no grounds for saying "sad to see Bitfloor go" just yet.

I hope your right! Smiley

EDIT:

Credit union FTW!!

+1

wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:45:12 PM

I put this in the noob forum but...

Why did only a few get the email? I guarantee if I had seen that message I would have been buying coins at any price. Of course the ones that got it ended up sticking some with fiat in there... Sad

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:46:57 PM

isn't silicone valley bank open to working with bitcoins?

ok
antimattercrusader

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:47:04 PM

I put this in the noob forum but...

Why did only a few get the email? I guarantee if I had seen that message I would have been buying coins at any price. Of course the ones that got it ended up sticking some with fiat in there... Sad

From what I hear, it appears they staggered emails to prevent a panic. Now that is just hearsay, I don't know for sure.

However, on twitter I saw they promised to return funds, I think everyone will be fine.

BTC Books

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 11:47:32 PM

Real businesses get chargebacks and they file through the claim process.   Real businesses do not get paypal frozen if they had opened the account properly and gave truthful information on what they are doing.  

Oh my.  I'm sorry, but you're mistaken.  It happens all the time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: