Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:33:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55493 times)
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:02:10 PM

i still have recieved no email returns from customer support or funds.

same Sad
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 09:07:18 PM

i still have recieved no email returns from customer support or funds.

same Sad

Can you wait until April 20th + 10 days = April 30th to ask again? He's probably being swamped with requests, and until he gets the check from the bank, there's really nothing he can do or say.
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 01:27:52 AM

Previously, if you put in an ACH request after the trading closed BitFloor would show it as processed and having left your account. Obviously it didn't actually show up in your bank. The snippet you posted simply shows that the ACH was attempted on 4/18  but on 4/23 the funds were put back into your BitFloor account. This should make you feel better as they still have a record of who had what in their accounts.

I haven't emailed bitfloor/Roman yet so I came here for a little reassurance(de-emphasis on the ASS). Tongue
So thank you, kindly. I realized after posting that the fact that they still had a record of my funds was indeed, a good thing.  I really hope this works out for them. I like their whole system. 

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
cryptal

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 07:45:40 PM

How about a backup bank for each exchange?

How difficult would it be to ALWAYS have at least two bank accounts for an exchange, and when one gives notice of closure, move all the fiat into another one, then open a new account with a new bank (if you want to continue operating)?

The number of banks is of course finite, but given how many credit unions and similar banking services are there, it seems like this strategy would allow an exchange to survive for a pretty long while.

How come this has never been discussed?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 07:51:38 PM

How about a backup bank for each exchange?

How difficult would it be to ALWAYS have at least two bank accounts for an exchange, and when one gives notice of closure, move all the fiat into another one, then open a new account with a new bank (if you want to continue operating)?

The number of banks is of course finite, but given how many credit unions and similar banking services are there, it seems like this strategy would allow an exchange to survive for a pretty long while.

How come this has never been discussed?

I think that is sort of like having a backup government with backup tax regulations.

It's not really a question of running out of governments.

more or less retired.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 08:01:49 PM

Right about now, Roman is getting hundreds of emails. Poor him  Tongue

It is unfortunate that the bank account was closed before some of the ACH transfers could go through.
Had I initiated mine a day earlier I would have got it in time.
Such is life.

Whenever this 10 days is up, I'm interested in seeing what he pulls out of his ass as the "best way to return your funds to you."

If it's anything other than ACH / Check in mail / USPS money order in mail I'll be surprised. Heck, it'd be easiest for him to just return the funds via bitcoin ;-) But my hope hasn't evaporated; so far nothing out of the ordinary has been indicated. It's a little harder to abscond with USD (from a freshly-cashed check with an undisputable electronic record "sorry officer, the check was um, stolen, and someone who looks exactly like me cashed it with fake ID") than it is with bitcoins.

I remember some story from Reptilia about some rich guy who sold all his coins above 200 and was trying to figure out how the heck to get his USD funds out of MtGox when the price was like $60. Ended up being that the fastest way was to simply convert back to BTC, transfer to reptile, then "sell" coins for roughly same amount and SEPA USD to rich guy. Funny stuff.

SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 01:20:02 PM

Right about now, Roman is getting hundreds of emails. Poor him  Tongue

Poor him?? How about all of us who are owed their money?

Look, I sympathize with the troubles he's experiencing but the man has our money, or is at least waiting for the money from the bank still, but who knows? he won't even issue an update on the status or respond to emails??

How in the world does NOT communicating to anybody about whats going on help anyone but HIMSELF?

If you can make me understand that then I will cry with you.. oh pooor poooor Roman.

ROMAN WHERE ARE YOU?? WE NEED TO KNOW WHATS HAPPENING
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:44:21 PM

10 days or 10 business days? I believe the first is today.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
johnblaze

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 05:28:25 PM

Heck, it'd be easiest for him to just return the funds via bitcoin ;-)

no crap. i emailed him exactly this as soon as i heard the news. i imagine lots of other people asked the same thing, because soon after he put out the public notice that he would not be doing it
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 08:24:58 PM

Good Luck everyone..

I would stay tuned here:
https://twitter.com/bitfloor

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 08:35:23 PM

Good Luck everyone..

I would stay tuned here:
https://twitter.com/bitfloor

That's a great place to get all the latest information. Too bad their last message on that is older than their website, dated the 18th

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 09:00:50 PM

^^ indeed there seems dialog about it here : http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1cquy9/bitfloor_update_420_the_bank_has_issued_us_a/

even thats a bit stale..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Dr3AM$cAp3

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 06:37:46 AM

This.  Perhaps Roman is more of a doer than a talker.  I hope he does something quickly. I feel no sympathy, nor am i angry.  I want shit handled.

dohse

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 08:14:58 PM

This.  Perhaps Roman is more of a doer than a talker.  I hope he does something quickly. I feel no sympathy, nor am i angry.  I want shit handled.

*I want to believe*. Perhaps it's misplaced optimism, but I don't find it too hard to believe he is simply ignoring everybody until he has something new to report. Some of the @bitfloor tweets after the 20th even say as much. Still, that voice is increasingly drowned out by "fuckingshitfuckfuckshit".
dohse

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:26:42 PM

https://i.imgur.com/sZfrvt4.png

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:29:22 PM

Seems a little doubtful.   But could be cleared up by someone doing a little explaining.   So, is the account closed OR NOT?   If it is closed, he could have received the money the next day.   So, why doesn't he say what is going on?   Are they declaring they have the right to put a hold on the funds in case of fraud or chargebacks of some sort?  That would seem tough for the bank to justify.    Why, once again, do we have another bitcoin "business" (those two words together seem to be an oxymoron) that has problems and is silent.   Go read the tylenol case if you want to ever have a credible business in the future.

Dr3AM$cAp3

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 04:32:27 PM

I haven't had any experiences of this nature in my personal business life, but every time I have ever awaited a check(or other things) from the bank, they have been early, not late.

Where does Roman live? Anyone know?  NYC?

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 05:02:39 PM

Their twitter page says that their website is the official outlet for news and to not trust reddit or anything else. They have the May 1st info on the webpage and not on twitter so looks like bitfloor.com is what to watch.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:17:01 PM

After getting the check, there is still the issue of finding a bank to deposit it into, wait for it to clear, get set up to send a whole bunch of transactions to a lot of different people, some of the transactions being tens of thousands of dollars. For large sums he may have to set up the AML and KYC stuff for the new bank, too, since the new bank might balk at him trying to send so much money to otherwise anonymous people.
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2013, 05:27:23 PM

After getting the check, there is still the issue of finding a bank to deposit it into, wait for it to clear, get set up to send a whole bunch of transactions to a lot of different people, some of the transactions being tens of thousands of dollars. For large sums he may have to set up the AML and KYC stuff for the new bank, too, since the new bank might balk at him trying to send so much money to otherwise anonymous people.

sounds reasonable to me .. wouldn't it be nice to hear any of this from Roman?

he knows that we're intelligent adults who understand how the world works. he knows that silence in a situation like this is like a cancer for good will.

any information at all would create some good will .. alas, it seems he is not interested in such things and you have to ask 'why is that?'

why is he hiding?

what is he hiding?

what are we not allowed to know?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: