Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:55:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55493 times)
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 08:49:27 AM

Just so there's no misunderstanding, and in case someone reading this didn't read my full email update — my opinion right now based on all the available, credible information and the lawyers I've been in touch with is that it is still reasonable to be cautiously optimistic. We would be wise to avoid starting any legal proceedings prematurely. If any ONE of us decides to start a class action lawsuit and it turns out that Bitfloor was close to recovering and returning the funds, that will shoot us ALL in the collective foot and lose us all a lot of money unnecessarily.

So please don't consider me to be rabble-rousing. I do NOT want a lawsuit. I'm just trying to be organized, considering that so many people are affected, and all I want is to see everyone's funds returned, mine included.

You're doing great work Audenx. You are the only person who has provided me with new information and I sincerely appreciate everything you're doing. Thanks!
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 03:09:36 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2013, 03:37:21 PM by Dr3AM$cAp3

Just so there's no misunderstanding, and in case someone reading this didn't read my full email update — my opinion right now based on all the available, credible information and the lawyers I've been in touch with is that it is still reasonable to be cautiously optimistic. We would be wise to avoid starting any legal proceedings prematurely. If any ONE of us decides to start a class action lawsuit and it turns out that Bitfloor was close to recovering and returning the funds, that will shoot us ALL in the collective foot and lose us all a lot of money unnecessarily.

So please don't consider me to be rabble-rousing. I do NOT want a lawsuit. I'm just trying to be organized, considering that so many people are affected, and all I want is to see everyone's funds returned, mine included.

You're doing great work Audenx. You are the only person who has provided me with new information and I sincerely appreciate everything you're doing. Thanks!

Agreed.  You have been more reassuring than the lawyer I spoke to.
I really appreciate your organized and well thought out approach.  

As bad as I feel saying this, I think I may have to leave Roman alone when it comes to bitcoin.  His silence in this matter has been completely unacceptable.  I like his character, aside from this, and I actually understand strangeness in this form as I have been diagnosed with asperger's and play the recluse from time to time(okay, most of the time), but sometimes you just have to grow a set and say SOMETHING to your loyal customers when shit like this goes down, or hire a public rep.
Perhaps he was scared of backlash if he appeared; who knows. I would be surprised if he continued on with his crusade at this point. I still wish him well, I just think this was too unproffesional to ignore.
Edit: This isn't a threat by any means, just a thought. I didn't want to be taken wrong.
My opinion may change.  I have a bit of a soft spot for Roman.  Roll Eyes

Side note: FUCK Capital One. I have said this for years now and my stance only grows stronger as time goes by...  

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
audenx

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 04:03:04 PM

Side note: FUCK Capital One. I have said this for years now and my stance only grows stronger as time goes by...  

I share your total frustration with whatever bank is involved. Just to be clear, though, there hasn't been official confirmation that the bank who closed Bitfloor's account is Capital One. Capital One's name comes up a lot through user speculation in reddit and bitcointalk, but so do two other banks' names. All that I can tell from user comments is that it seems that different users encountered different banks' names associated with Bitfloor in the course of getting money on and off the exchanges, depending on the transfer methods they used. I don't know why that's the case. Could be that Bitfloor was using Capital One P2P payments for some purposes, but holding its main balance in another bank. (But again — that's pure speculation.)
Dr3AM$cAp3

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 07:53:35 PM

Oh, okay.  Thanks.
Well, I still don't like 'em..so there. Tongue

New to the game, too much to learn.
Smiley OD, sarcasm implied.
xxyyzz

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:07:57 PM

Is there any further update on this issue? I got more than $4K stuck in Bitfloor and couldn't get any response from their support.  Angry
laserwolf

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:17:03 PM

I share your total frustration with whatever bank is involved. Just to be clear, though, there hasn't been official confirmation that the bank who closed Bitfloor's account is Capital One. Capital One's name comes up a lot through user speculation in reddit and bitcointalk, but so do two other banks' names. All that I can tell from user comments is that it seems that different users encountered different banks' names associated with Bitfloor in the course of getting money on and off the exchanges, depending on the transfer methods they used. I don't know why that's the case. Could be that Bitfloor was using Capital One P2P payments for some purposes, but holding its main balance in another bank. (But again — that's pure speculation.)

I'm pretty sure it's Capital One. When you wire money in, the ABAN resolves to some other bank, but that had been bought out by Capital One some years ago. That may be the source of the confusion.

Forget the bank though. Roman is causing all this frustration. Why was there a note on the Bitfloor website saying a check was in the mail, when that was clearly a lie? And why no clarification on that later? He even gave an ETA of 10 days for the check, which he seems to have pulled out of his you-know-what. And we all waited like fools.

The one person who deserves no pity in this is Roman.
dandirk

Activity: 143

View Profile
May 12, 2013, 07:51:30 PM

I'm pretty sure it's Capital One. When you wire money in, the ABAN resolves to some other bank, but that had been bought out by Capital One some years ago. That may be the source of the confusion.

Forget the bank though. Roman is causing all this frustration. Why was there a note on the Bitfloor website saying a check was in the mail, when that was clearly a lie? And why no clarification on that later? He even gave an ETA of 10 days for the check, which he seems to have pulled out of his you-know-what. And we all waited like fools.

The one person who deserves no pity in this is Roman.

While I completely agree that Roman should be posting at least daily updates and responding to e-mails (even if it's a canned "status update").

The plausibility of Roman getting dicked around by the bank is pretty good.  He could have talked to a rep and they said the check would be on the way in 10 business days etc etc etc  and it never arrived with some other department holding it for some other reason... plus bad communication.  It's plausible, happens all the time especially in banks, there is a reason why it takes months to buy a forclosed home, even to get a response from a bank on a offer (cause they are big lumbering masses of silo'ed processes/depts that have no clue what each other do).

The lack of communication is probably the worst here... each day leads me to believe poof our cash is gone... It is even worse to see his twitter account continue activity like bitfloor never existed...
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2013, 09:33:03 PM

So how many days has it been now? Not a single word.

More than the loss of money I really hate being treated like I don't exist by the person who owes me the money.

Is it lawsuit time?
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 12:58:33 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 01:18:00 AM by SpottedMarley

It is even worse to see his twitter account continue activity like bitfloor never existed...

Whats his regular twitter username?

nevermind .. found it: @defunctzombie

https://twitter.com/defunctzombie

Here's his personal web site: http://shtylman.com

His Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/117103271947279491631

His email: shtylman@gmail.com

On GitHub: https://github.com/shtylman
FenixRD

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:50:29 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2013, 06:20:26 AM by FenixRD

It is even worse to see his twitter account continue activity like bitfloor never existed...

nevermind .. found it:

(Bunch of dox removed because I'm not a child)

Reporting this under the assumption that doxxing anyone without at least a scammer tag is against forum TOS. Suggest you remove it and replace with at the very least, "PM me for Roman's personal twitter etc if you want to try to reach him that way -- which he has shown he doesn't appreciate." (See below)

First, saying his personal twitter is active as if Bitfloor never happened is disingenuous at best:

"7 May —
Why the fuck don't banks just let me enter a destination routing and account number to send funds to my friends?"

There is more too. Anyway, individuals reaching out to him on there have been rightfully met with "leave my personal accounts out of this". Seeing as legally speaking, Bitfloor LLC is considered an identity to itself, and the allowed anonymity of Bitcoin, we should frankly consider ourselves quite lucky that we have an individual to seek reparations from, and that he allowed us this courtesy voluntarily, and we shouldn't shit on his home's front lawn when it is his corporate identity with which we are upset.

Dude earlier is almost certainly right: silence on corp twitter etc is by lawyer's advice/insistence in case something goes to shit. As has been pointed out, a class action would guarantee we all see only fractions of actual losses. So, cool your tits for a bit. One or two people politely reaching out is one thing. Doxxing the most open member who owes money on this forum is retarded. How about you go research Pireateat40? We could use his dox for real. Roman's true identity is known and associated legally and socially with Bitfloor. Harassing him is not going to make things happen faster.

/rant

edit: corrected misspelling of Roman, done in a swyping rage

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 05:54:30 AM

nevermind .. found it:

Reporting this under the assumption that doxxing anyone without at least a scammer tag is against forum TOS. Suggest you remove it and replace with at the very least, "PM me for Roman's personal twitter etc if you want to try to reach him that way -- which he has shown he doesn't appreciate." (See below)

First, saying his personal twitter is active as if Bitfloor never happened is disingenuous at best:

"7 May —
Why the fuck don't banks just let me enter a destination routing and account number to send funds to my friends?"

There is more too. Anyway, individuals reaching out to him on there have been rightfully met with "leave my personal accounts out of this". Seeing as legally speaking, Bitfloor LLC is considered an identity to itself, and the allowed anonymity of Bitcoin, we should frankly consider ourselves quite lucky that we have an individual to seek reparations from, and that he allowed us this courtesy voluntarily, and we shouldn't shit on his home's front lawn when it is his corporate identity with which we are upset.

Dude earlier is almost certainly right: silence on corp twitter etc is by lawyer's advice/insistence in case something goes to shit. As has been pointed out, a class action would guarantee we all see only fractions of actual losses. So, cool your tits for a bit. One or two people politely reaching out is one thing. Doxxing the most open member who owes money on this forum is retarded. How about you go research Pireateat40? We could use his dox for real. Ronan's true identity is known and associated legally and socially with Bitfloor. Harassing him is not going to make things happen faster.

/rant

Couldn't agree more.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
laserwolf

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:01:16 AM

lol, i don't think you know what doxxing means.
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 06:15:17 AM

lol, i don't think you know what doxxing means.

Son, just don't. Prove to me that you even know where to find the current "real" /i/ and have ever been near it. This is easily the bitcoinland equivalent. Dropping IRL identifiers -- cell numbers and home addresses -- on an online identity, is no fucking different than dropping online identifiers on a Bitcoin identity.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 09:18:29 AM

All of the info I posted can be gotten directly from his Twitter page. I have simply shortened the route to getting there.

If you think for one second that I give even the slightest shit about showing consideration for Roman Shtylman's personal security and/or privacy then you are most powerfully mistaken.

People who are owed money by this dead beat deserve to know how to contact him.

So yeah, all your doxxing panty spoiling is your own, sorry.
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:27:17 AM

All of the info I posted can be gotten directly from his Twitter page. I have simply shortened the route to getting there.

If you think for one second that I give even the slightest shit about showing consideration for Roman Shtylman's personal security and/or privacy then you are most powerfully mistaken.

People who are owed money by this dead beat deserve to know how to contact him.

So yeah, all your doxxing panty spoiling is your own, sorry.

By connection you show a lack of consideration for everyone else in this thread, and moreover, everyone else not yet in this thread who have money owed by Bitfloor. Posting it all in one spot incites rabble. Just as a door lock only discourages the undetermined burglar, the fairly trivial amount of work to seek out Roman's other identities was just enough to discourage casual pointless drive-by tweets and emails clogging up his daily life and thereby actually making it more difficult in the end to return our money to us. This is irrational and not forward-thinking behavior. Do you really believe that someone who owes approaching possibly a half million USD by some counts, just in actual USD that was supposedly in his account, and whose IRL identity is fairly exposed, would dream of trying to just float around NYC or SF and never pay? You're hurting your own cause by being a vindictive ass, and also mine and everyone else's, hence my irritation.

-Citizenfive
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 12:46:44 PM

By connection you show a lack of consideration for everyone else in this thread, and moreover, everyone else not yet in this thread who have money owed by Bitfloor. Posting it all in one spot incites rabble. Just as a door lock only discourages the undetermined burglar, the fairly trivial amount of work to seek out Roman's other identities was just enough to discourage casual pointless drive-by tweets and emails clogging up his daily life and thereby actually making it more difficult in the end to return our money to us. This is irrational and not forward-thinking behavior. Do you really believe that someone who owes approaching possibly a half million USD by some counts, just in actual USD that was supposedly in his account, and whose IRL identity is fairly exposed, would dream of trying to just float around NYC or SF and never pay? You're hurting your own cause by being a vindictive ass, and also mine and everyone else's, hence my irritation.

I couldn't possibly disagree more. If people don't get their money back from ROMAN SHTYLMAN, it won't be because of anything anyone ever did other than ROMAN SHTYLMAN.

To even suggest otherwise is both ignorant and pathetic.

ROMAN SHTYLMAN owns and operates Bitfloor

ROMAN SHTYLMAN is responsible for the money owed to Bitfloor customers

ROMAN SHTYLMAN is a human being who exists in the real world and can be contacted

ROMAN SHTYLMAN should be contacted by those affected

ROMAN SHTYLMAN can be contacted in the following ways:

Twitter @defunctzombie

https://twitter.com/defunctzombie

Here's his personal web site: http://shtylman.com

His Google+ page: https://plus.google.com/117103271947279491631

His email: shtylman@gmail.com

On GitHub: https://github.com/shtylman

...and if I knew the number to his fucking iphone i'd put that at the top of the list

[[[  This message is approved by everyone except for scared douchebags like FenixRD  ]]]
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:02:17 PM

I know it would be nice to have a little bit more information from him regarding what's going on, but what will harassing him achieve? Is he not aware that people want to know what's going on?
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:22:53 PM

I know it would be nice to have a little bit more information from him regarding what's going on, but what will harassing him achieve? Is he not aware that people want to know what's going on?

As far as I know you are the first person to bring up harassment. I would not recommend using his contact info for that purpose. Use it to contact him about your losses.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 02:26:01 PM

I am not really sure that people contacting someone who has their money and has CHOSEN to remain mute about what he is doing with their money would be considered "harassment".
Even if he was being advised by lawyers, he would have made a more professional statement with information by now.   This stinks and sounds more like the reaction of a teenager to trouble than a business person.

SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 02:52:26 PM

If you send an email to a gmail address there will be a permanent record of that email stored on their servers including if/when it was marked as read. I think the wise thing to be doing right now if you are a Bitfloor victim and you intend to get your money back from Roman Shtylman is you should be getting as much evidence as you can that you are trying all possible avenues and that Roman Shtylman is refusing to communicate with you.

Strive to make contact. Document all attempts.

Again, this only pertains to people who give a shit and want to be pro-active.

If you're ok with just waiting for your hopes and dreams to come true, that's cool too.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: