Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 02:46:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55494 times)
josh_nc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 01:25:28 AM

My ACH(direct deposit) has been under review for nearly 3 weeks and it seems no one in Bitfloor is actually going to review it. Does anyone have similar problem?

Got your message and yes, we are all on the same boat. That ACH portion is now broken because they no longer have a bank account attached. They will have to figure a way to send us individual checks, I guess, and that may be the problem they are having with whatever bank. They have a 1/2 million $ check that needs to be broken down according to what they have on their books. So, as far as my understanding goes this is where they're at and it should not be hard to resolve but what do I know. My world is in the $100's.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 05:06:17 AM

I'm just glad to hear they have a check from their bank. I bet that was more of a PITA then they let on.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
village.idiot

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:43:38 PM

Pardon my stupidity and forgive me for not reading the entire thread (this may have been discussed already), but couldn't Roman just buy bitcoins and send us BTC at the current value of what he owes us?
Rather than never receiving the few hundred dollars he owes me, I'd rather receive a couple of BTC.
I really hate the idea of lawsuits.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 02:48:33 PM

Pardon my stupidity and forgive me for not reading the entire thread (this may have been discussed already), but couldn't Roman just buy bitcoins and send us BTC at the current value of what he owes us?
Rather than never receiving the few hundred dollars he owes me, I'd rather receive a couple of BTC.

Agreed.  Not sure if Roman has thought of it, or if there are legal implications that he has to consider in the decision, but I'd happily accept my payment in the form of bitcoins instead of USD.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 04:20:07 PM

Agreed.  Not sure if Roman has thought of it, or if there are legal implications that he has to consider in the decision, but I'd happily accept my payment in the form of bitcoins instead of USD.

+1

and would be willing to check mark a box somewhere indicating such. Even if it took a few extra days.

Or, since you have my ID and my address on it, you could mail me a check. That's okay, take $5 out for the stamp, envelope and processing time and send me the balance.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
johnblaze

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:11:42 PM

many people have already asked to be paid in BTC instead of USD. he declines to do it but hasn't said why.
FenixRD

Activity: 364

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:10:56 PM

many people have already asked to be paid in BTC instead of USD. he declines to do it but hasn't said why.

I would be willing to offer to buy up pieces of Bitfloor debt for some people who have an immediate need for their funds in either BTC or USD. Would folks be interested in such arrangements? I can put the time into setting this up this week if there is demand.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 11:46:22 PM

I would be willing to offer to buy up pieces of Bitfloor debt for some people who have an immediate need for their funds in either BTC or USD. Would folks be interested in such arrangements? I can put the time into setting this up this week if there is demand.

I would as well, but how do we verify their debt exists?

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:18:18 AM

I would as well, but how do we verify their debt exists?

For capitalistic reasons, I will say that I have a method that is acceptable for me in proving debt, as well as being acceptable for the two members who have PM'd me regarding this topic.

I will post this elsewhere also. Obviously, PM me with your debt and situation, and I will extend an offer. My offers will be backed up contractually as well as socially, with the legal framework to support arbitration or other means of restitution. It's pretty failsafe for everyone here. The risk is more on me, if Roman doesn't pay up. I can send BTC *this minute.* Obviously USD is less instant, but if it is your ultimate goal, doing it via me is faster than taking BTC first.

Green because, this is in essence an advertisement of services.

Uberlurker. Been here since the Finney transaction. Please consider this before replying; there is a good chance I've heard it before.

-Citizenfive
FenixRD

I am Citizenfive.

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:36:30 AM

For capitalistic reasons, I will say that I have a method that is acceptable for me in proving debt, as well as being acceptable for the two members who have PM'd me regarding this topic.

I will post this elsewhere also. Obviously, PM me with your debt and situation, and I will extend an offer. My offers will be backed up contractually as well as socially, with the legal framework to support arbitration or other means of restitution. It's pretty failsafe for everyone here. The risk is more on me, if Roman doesn't pay up. I can send BTC *this minute.* Obviously USD is less instant, but if it is your ultimate goal, doing it via me is faster than taking BTC first.

Green because, this is in essence an advertisement of services.

Regarding my offer -- I have created a separate thread HERE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205881.0

-Citizenfive
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:09:37 AM

how long are we waiting again?
laserwolf

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:12:39 AM

Why do we have to keep begging for updates?
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 09:26:33 AM

how long are we waiting again?

did hell freeze over yet?

well Roman has a check, that much he confirmed, and so now he and his buddies are spending weeks and months brainstorming on how to give people back that money.

so... obviously there must be like 12 million options they are mulling over trying to find the exact best option to use.

it could take years, but its only because he already has the check and now has to DECIDE what to do next.. and DECIDING can take a long long long time. obviously

ever get the feeling that you and your money aren't important?

go with your gut
laserwolf

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:00:41 AM

I've had to suspend most of my trading activities coz my money is tied up with him, but Roman has'nt skipped a beat. He's prancing around going to the Bitcoin conference etc.

is that what he calls "trying to make that happen as quickly as possible"?
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 05:24:05 PM

Yes, and just in case anybody has any lingering dreams of getting their money back any time in the next few weeks, sorry to ruin your dreams... but here's an indication of how hard Roman is working on your problem. This is his Twitter feed, updated just moments ago: (https://twitter.com/defunctzombie)

-------------------

Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 18 May
    @substack @Raynos chilling in the bay area for the next few weeks. Would like to hop around and need places to crash.

Jake Verbaten Jake Verbaten ‏@Raynos 19 May
    @defunctzombie let me know when

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 1h ago
    @Raynos anytime from now till end of month Smiley whatever is best for you. I am just hanging in the area.

Jake Verbaten Jake Verbaten ‏@Raynos 18m ago
    @defunctzombie I have space tonight, just let me know.

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 10m ago
    @Raynos sweet! I am renting a car right now. Shoot me an email with where I should go. I have a lunch meeting but nothing after that.

-------------------

You know .. he's 'just hangin in the area' .. cuz there aint nothin important waiting for his attention.

Anybody care to wager on whether or not he will wait until he's back from San Francisco to finish dealing with Bitfloor customers?

If even then?
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:37:23 PM

Yes, and just in case anybody has any lingering dreams of getting their money back any time in the next few weeks, sorry to ruin your dreams... but here's an indication of how hard Roman is working on your problem. This is his Twitter feed, updated just moments ago: (https://twitter.com/defunctzombie)

-------------------

Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 18 May
    @substack @Raynos chilling in the bay area for the next few weeks. Would like to hop around and need places to crash.

Jake Verbaten Jake Verbaten ‏@Raynos 19 May
    @defunctzombie let me know when

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 1h ago
    @Raynos anytime from now till end of month Smiley whatever is best for you. I am just hanging in the area.

Jake Verbaten Jake Verbaten ‏@Raynos 18m ago
    @defunctzombie I have space tonight, just let me know.

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 10m ago
    @Raynos sweet! I am renting a car right now. Shoot me an email with where I should go. I have a lunch meeting but nothing after that.

-------------------

You know .. he's 'just hangin in the area' .. cuz there aint nothin important waiting for his attention.

Anybody care to wager on whether or not he will wait until he's back from San Francisco to finish dealing with Bitfloor customers?

If even then?

If I wanted to be a money transmitter and had some funds, I think I would go to bitcoin2013, meet some West Coast VC people, meet with some banks, and enter into some agreements.  Might especially look for a small bank or exchange that wants to shelter my technology.

My tweets might look a lot like Roman's.  I certainly would not disclose names and meeting times.

I try to be respectful and informed.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:40:08 PM

Maybe he is working this hard to try and get the people their 23,000 BTC from the FIRST screwup he did?    Model BTC citizen this guy is.    His level of respect for customers is so low, he probably could not even get a job at BFL or Avalon.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 05:46:11 PM

If I wanted to be a money transmitter and had some funds, I think I would go to bitcoin2013, meet some West Coast VC people, meet with some banks, and enter into some agreements.  Might especially look for a small bank or exchange that wants to shelter my technology.

My tweets might look a lot like Roman's.  I certainly would not disclose names and meeting times.

+1
If you wanted to meet Roger Ver, Charlie Shrem, Erik Voorhees, and Toni Gallippi (and I hope I spelled all that right), chances are you'd have been out of luck, because instead of attending the conference for the sake of being at a conference, all those guys realized that they'll all be in the same place at the same time, and decided that their time would be best spent having in-person meetings with each other and other businesses. I worked the Bitcoinstore table for three days, morning till dawn, and saw Roger Ver maybe 4 times the entire time, and mostly in passing. I know a few of the business owners there will be staying in San Jose for a few days after the conference, too. So, I hope that's what Roman is up to as well.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:50:56 PM

Maybe he is working this hard to try and get the people their 23,000 BTC from the FIRST screwup he did?    Model BTC citizen this guy is.    His level of respect for customers is so low, he probably could not even get a job at BFL or Avalon.

lol

+1

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
laserwolf

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:56:10 PM

looks like Roman could'nt hire that car after all....

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie

Fucking awesome. My remaining personal credit card accounts have been closed on me due to business decisions.
11:00 PM - 20 May 13
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: