Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:43:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:57:57 PM

Since bitfloor has a lawyer... tell me why this can't work:

Roman gives the lawyer the money with a list of people owed, and the lawyer contacts everyone with a settlement agreement. If they want their money, they sign the settlement, and he mails out checks... why is that so fucking hard?

Perhaps the lawyer's bank won't allow him to deposit the check from Roman?

Seems crazy to me. It's from what, US Bank or something? Or bank of America, I forget. Go into Bank of America, and cash the check with hundred dollar bills and give it to your lawyer. Yeah, yeah, that won't ever happen but the whole thing seems a little crazy that his lawyer can't get it worked out for him. Pick a new lawyer.

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
yeti_alchemist

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:58:14 PM

Roman gives the lawyer the money with a list of people owed, and the lawyer contacts everyone with a settlement agreement. If they want their money, they sign the settlement, and he mails out checks... why is that so fucking hard?

My understanding is that Bitfloor has a physical check and so far no bank is willing to cash it.

If you read the audenx tumblr all this is explained (as well as it can be from a third party view).
http://audenx.tumblr.com/
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:31:17 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 01:07:51 AM by ProfMac

Seems crazy to me. It's from what, US Bank or something? Or bank of America, I forget. Go into Bank of America, and cash the check with hundred dollar bills and give it to your lawyer. Yeah, yeah, that won't ever happen but the whole thing seems a little crazy that his lawyer can't get it worked out for him. Pick a new lawyer.

If you are so sure it is that easy, make the agreement with your bank to be the disbursing bank and let us know how it goes.

I try to be respectful and informed.
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:33:46 PM

If you are so sure it is that easy, make the agreement with your bank to be the disbursing bank and let it know how it goes.

I've never known an attorney on this planet that couldn't get a check cashed especially when a % would be his.

.      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:48:20 PM

If you are so sure it is that easy, make the agreement with your bank to be the disbursing bank and let it know how it goes.

I've never known an attorney on this planet that couldn't get a check cashed especially when a % would be his.

And yet, I have the sense you don't have 1 who will do this.

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:21:17 PM

And yet, if I did, I'm sure me saying, hey mail me the check and I'll take care of it, I'm sure would work. Right... bitfloor doesn't seem to be suffering from a surplus of action. Rather the opposite, would anyone suggest otherwise?

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 11:38:30 PM

And yet, if I did, I'm sure me saying, hey mail me the check and I'll take care of it, I'm sure would work. Right... bitfloor doesn't seem to be suffering from a surplus of action. Rather the opposite, would anyone suggest otherwise?

Before you have an agreement from a bank that will take this check under these circumstances, you cannot know that it is easy, instead you are just spreading useless or harmful noise.

flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:56:29 AM

Before you have an agreement from a bank that will take this check under these circumstances, you cannot know that it is easy, instead you are just spreading useless or harmful noise.

He should just take it to a check cashing place.  I'll take a 10% hit to get my money now.  Smiley

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:26:59 AM

He should just take it to a check cashing place.  I'll take a 10% hit to get my money now.  Smiley

LOL.

Wait.  You are joking, right?
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:36:33 AM

LOL.

Wait.  You are joking, right?

mostly.  heh.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
laserwolf

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:44:21 AM

is it normal that a lawyer is working on cashing a check? should'nt it be an accountant if anyone?
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 11:57:31 AM

On a lighter note, at least Shtylman is having a great time, he's been blowing up his twitter account like a full time job on his California vacation.

Must be nice to not have a conscience.
infested999

Activity: 854

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:24:28 PM

From these circumstances? The bank doesn't know the circumstances. All they have to do is take the check and send out the money to everyone.

What are they going to say "We here at BoA don't want you filthy money, Roman"?

Roman is living off our money right now and every day this waits is one less % of our money we won't get back. Roman is a liar and thief until he can prove otherwise by giving us our money back. There is nothing stopping him from sending us our money.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:39:30 PM

Um? Yes.

Isn't that what they already did?

There is nothing stopping him from sending us our money.

Except perhaps the banks.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:52:04 PM

From these circumstances? The bank doesn't know the circumstances. All they have to do is take the check and send out the money to everyone.

Roman is living off our money right now and every day this waits is one less % of our money we won't get back. Roman is a liar and thief until he can prove otherwise by giving us our money back. There is nothing stopping him from sending us our money.

As a non tenured  professor, I move pretty often.

There was a fund raiser for me about a year and a half ago.  I had about $3,500 in checks, approximately $50 each, made out to me.  Essentially all of the checks were drawn on a few banks in town.  I had bills in my name in town to prove residency, a requirement to open an account.

I had a respectable job.

Two banks declined to accept the checks and open an account.  The third bank welcomed my business.

So, again, I invite anyone to identify a bank that will open an account that is associated with bitcoin, with a check that is between $100,000 and $1,000,000, and the need to make payments to a large number of people.  Be sure to disclose the FinCEN guidelines to the bank before opening the account, because surprising a bank is a bad idea.

I claim that it is not all that easy.  A post of "what could go wrong" only proves to me that you have not tried.  If you do have success and can name a bank, an officer, and his contact information in PM, you just may help the entire process move forward.

Again, if you think it is trivial, make it happen, take a 1% fee for your work.

wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:03:58 PM

There are a lot of attorney trust accounts that access million dollar checks all the time. If you have been on either side of getting money into or out of an attorney, you might know that.

How are you involved in this process and capable of offering a 1% fee? If I've somehow missed you becoming a trustee of the entire Bitfloor process, PM me with your number and I'll call you. I've talked to a couple of attorneys since we posted now, and they see no reason that accepting a check from a closed account, and creating a settlement agreement with all of the customers, that the bank would have any problems letting the check be deposited into their trust account.

Stop spreading your FUD and making it sound like he has a worthless million dollar check. Again, while the kid behind the whole thing is taking a permanent vacation.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:13:06 PM

There are a lot of attorney trust accounts that access million dollar checks all the time. If you have been on either side of getting money into or out of an attorney, you might know that.

How are you involved in this process and capable of offering a 1% fee? If I've somehow missed you becoming a trustee of the entire Bitfloor process, PM me with your number and I'll call you. I've talked to a couple of attorneys since we posted now, and they see no reason that accepting a check from a closed account, and creating a settlement agreement with all of the customers, that the bank would have any problems letting the check be deposited into their trust account.

Stop spreading your FUD and making it sound like he has a worthless million dollar check. Again, while the kid behind the whole thing is taking a permanent vacation.

So you have found a specific bank officer who has committed to accepting this check and opening an account that BitFloor can use to disburse the funds?  Horray.  Please let us know where/who.  As soon as I talk to them and confirm that you are being honest, I'll personally fly to California grab Roman by the collar and drag him to the bank so I can get my money (and all of you can too).
laserwolf

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:22:32 PM

As a non tenured  professor, I move pretty often.

There was a fund raiser for me about a year and a half ago.  I had about $3,500 in checks, approximately $50 each, made out to me.  Essentially all of the checks were drawn on a few banks in town.  I had bills in my name in town to prove residency, a requirement to open an account.

I had a respectable job.

Two banks declined to accept the checks and open an account.  The third bank welcomed my business.

So, again, I invite anyone to identify a bank that will open an account that is associated with bitcoin, with a check that is between $100,000 and $1,000,000, and the need to make payments to a large number of people.  Be sure to disclose the FinCEN guidelines to the bank before opening the account, because surprising a bank is a bad idea.

I claim that it is not all that easy.  A post of "what could go wrong" only proves to me that you have not tried.  If you do have success and can name a bank, an officer, and his contact information in PM, you just may help the entire process move forward.

you were a professor, and you had no bank account?
wtfvanity

WTF???

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:33:14 PM

So you have found a specific bank officer who has committed to accepting this check and opening an account that BitFloor can use to disburse the funds?  Horray.  Please let us know where/who.  As soon as I talk to them and confirm that you are being honest, I'll personally fly to California grab Roman by the collar and drag him to the bank so I can get my money (and all of you can too).

It's not a bank just for Roman. It's an attorney's trust account. The attorney would then be able to make payments on behalf of Bitfloor. Has no one here every been involved with a settlement that has gone through an attorney? Even the big class action suits go like that. Some sleazy attorney sues facebook for showing your personal photos to the world. Every person that signs up for the lawsuit gets $12.50 after the attorney's cut. Facebook puts x amount of dollars into the attorney's trust account, and attorney sends out the settlement. I'm breaking it down for you a little bit if you've never heard of one before. You'll have to agree to accept xx% of what you are owed, and you'll get a check in a few months. Of course this isn't a class action, but maybe that will help you understand an attorney's trust account that is already opened with a bank.

For crying out loud, a casino in Las Vegas will pretty much let you deposit it into an offshore account no questions asked.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:49:08 PM

- snip -
Of course this isn't a class action, but maybe that will help you understand an attorney's trust account that is already opened with a bank.

For crying out loud, a casino in Las Vegas will pretty much let you deposit it into an offshore account no questions asked.

So you have found someone specific who has committed to accepting this check in an account that BitFloor can use to disburse the funds?  Horray!  Please let us know where/who.  As soon as I talk to them and confirm that you are being honest, I'll personally fly to California grab Roman by the collar and drag him to the bank so I can get my money (and all of you can too).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: