Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:11:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 05:40:38 PM

laserwolf

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 05:44:25 PM

dafuq does he mean stop messaging him on his personal account? there is no response from the bitfloor twitter or emails.
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2013, 06:43:47 PM

Man!! I escaped from this fiasco with nothing but a hunch!! Call it spidy sense or whatever but .. there was this guy that kept ranting about Roman and how he was a thief and he was adamant about the previous bitfloor fiasco and the losses that occurred and even after listening to this dude rant and even finding him annoying at one point i went ahead and gave bitfloor and Roman a chance! (bad move)

Shortly after i was doing ok on bitfloor and started up trading on bitstamp too..  nonetheless it was because of this forum member who was adamant about Roman that finally my spidy sense kicked in and i moved my $4k to my bank and also moved my other 15-20btc off the exchange to a wallet.

The next day bitfloor was done.. i got no email by the way!!! I found out on the forum ...

Entropy-uc (I think thats his name, maybe just Entropy)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING VOCAL ABOUT BITFLOOR!!

You are responsible for making my spider sense kick in!!!

I dont even know if this guy is a regular forum member or if he will ever see this post!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I cant believe it took me that long to get wind of ROMAN and bitfloor!

I got caught up in bitcoin trying to raise funds for a surgery i needed and a total loss would have been devastating!

Thanks again, and good luck to everyone!!

Best Regard,
Zedicus

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 09:59:39 AM

Hey everybody! Roman has actually responded to a twitter inquiry about Bitfloor funds! Here it is:

M ‏@DaPlaneBoss 3hours ago
@defunctzombie @binarybits yo, I could really use that $ I had in My @bitfloor account. Any progress on getting refunds processed?

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 31minutes ago
@DaPlaneBoss @binarybits progress is being made. Hopefully have solid updates soon.

M M ‏@DaPlaneBoss 27m
@defunctzombie @binarybits thx. Good luck. I know its not easy.

Roman Shtylman Roman Shtylman ‏@defunctzombie 26minutes ago
@DaPlaneBoss @binarybits no, it is not and takes time. But I assure you it is being worked on.

So much like Jared Kenna (the scammer of TradeHill fame) that it bleeds. Why should we even get excited some lowlife fuckwit has "made a twitter update"?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2013, 05:11:59 PM

So much like Jared Kenna (the scammer of TradeHill fame) that it bleeds. Why should we even get excited some lowlife fuckwit has "made a twitter update"?

I wouldn't suggest anyone get excited. It's simply that I know that there is a pretty strong interest among followers of this thread to hear of even the smallest bit of acknowledgment on Bitfloor's behalf of the current situation. Roman Shtylman IS Bitfloor. So his tweets are their tweets as far as I am concerned.
audenx

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:18:01 PM

Bitfloor update email for 10-June-2013

Good news at last!

I spoke today with Jordan Modell from Internet Credit Union. He was able to confirm that Roman has been in touch with ICU for a few weeks and has been working with them to set up a way to return USD funds to customers. Here are the key points:

• After conferring with their counsel, ICU confirmed that they can legally open an account for Bitfloor. They have done so. Bitfloor's account with ICU is now open.
  • ICU and Bitfloor are setting up ACH transfer capabilities for the account. Jordan should be able to confirm by Friday this week whether ACH into and ACH out of the account is set up and working.
  • The main delay at this point is that ICU has to wait to hear back from their counsel whether they need to follow "Know Your Customer" guidelines for each of Bitfloor's depositors. Jordan said it might take as long as until the end of next week (6/21) to hear back from their counsel on this issue.

To elaborate on point #3: Even though Roman knows who most of us are (because anyone who requested ACH verification from Bitfloor already submitted photo ID), ICU is trying to find out if they need to separately request and review identity verification information for all of us, too. Ideally, ICU would like to avoid collecting this information about Bitfloor's customers, if that's legal. However, if their counsel advises them to collect this information, it shouldn't amount to much more than some additional paperwork or a brief phone call for each of us — not too much of a hassle, in my opinion, given how long we have waited already for refunds.

Overall, Jordan sounds very motivated to help with this situation. He asked me to follow up with him later this week so he could give me an update.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:43:25 PM

Thanks for the update!!

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:47:51 PM

Good news at last!

I spoke today with Jordan Modell from Internet Credit Union. He was able to confirm that Roman has been in touch with ICU for a few weeks and has been working with them to set up a way to return USD funds to customers. Here are the key points:

• After conferring with their counsel, ICU confirmed that they can legally open an account for Bitfloor. They have done so. Bitfloor's account with ICU is now open.
  • ICU and Bitfloor are setting up ACH transfer capabilities for the account. Jordan should be able to confirm by Friday this week whether ACH into and ACH out of the account is set up and working.
  • The main delay at this point is that ICU has to wait to hear back from their counsel whether they need to follow "Know Your Customer" guidelines for each of Bitfloor's depositors. Jordan said it might take as long as until the end of next week (6/21) to hear back from their counsel on this issue.

To elaborate on point #3: Even though Roman knows who most of us are (because anyone who requested ACH verification from Bitfloor already submitted photo ID), ICU is trying to find out if they need to separately request and review identity verification information for all of us, too. Ideally, ICU would like to avoid collecting this information about Bitfloor's customers, if that's legal. However, if their counsel advises them to collect this information, it shouldn't amount to much more than some additional paperwork or a brief phone call for each of us — not too much of a hassle, in my opinion, given how long we have waited already for refunds.

Overall, Jordan sounds very motivated to help with this situation. He asked me to follow up with him later this week so he could give me an update.

Wait, so ICU is releasing confidential client information to you?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:50:38 PM

Which of the listed information is the "confidential" information, and which is considered public information?
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:52:53 PM

I am astonished at the ability of the bit-coin community to read negative interpretations outside of the actual words that were written.

I try to be respectful and informed.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:53:42 PM

I am astonished at the ability of the bit-coin community to read negative interpretations outside of the actual words that were written.

You must be new here.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 06:54:28 PM

You must be new here.
It's so mean to type like that when I'm drinking coffee.

I try to be respectful and informed.
spanishfry

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:58:26 PM

Awesome update, audenx!   Cool
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 11:15:00 PM

You must be new here.

What gave it away?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
dwolfman

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 12:32:11 AM

Good news at last!

THIS is the best news I've heard yet related to Bitfloor!  Cheesy  Cool

Granted I'm only out $105, but when you are broke and unemployed, every penny counts!

I hope this doesn't take too long.  My wife will be really upset if we can't do something for our anniversary on the 22nd.  Getting that money back will take care of that for us.  Smiley

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
yeti_alchemist

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 12:51:08 AM

Good news at last! ...

This is very welcome news.
I miss my money. I hope it remembers me.
schmokel

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:51:09 AM

About damn time.  Thanks AudenX.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:43:24 AM

That is good news.  Better news would be if Bitfloor would reopen, or get bought by someone that would reopen the site.  It was so much better than Mtgox. 

I am glad that Roman was being honest all along.  It must be pretty stressful dealing with all of this.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
dwolfman

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 03:09:56 AM

Couldn't have been too stressful if he was taking a vacation and crashing on people's couches at the time.   Roll Eyes

Wanna send coins my way? 1BY2rZduB9j8Exa4158QXPFJoJ2NWU1NGf or just scan the QR code in my avatar.  :-)
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 08:10:35 AM

Just to be clear, this is not new news. Obviously he found a bank, he just had to make a phone call and open an account. Nothing important. What I would like to know now is if he still has the full amount of money that he started off with.

It seems to me like maybe he just grew up a rich kid and doesn't understand how much trust we put into him to walk around with a million$ check.

Let this be a lesson to all of us to not trust a US-based business where this fraud is left unaccounted for. Only leave fiat money in a European account where people are held accountable for their actions (read bitcoin-24).

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: