Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 03:13:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55498 times)
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

How is everyone filling out the form on bitfloor.com with there IAFCU information?  3000+ guys...

Because its asking for routing number which is 244084264

IAFCU account number is  021283961

where is everyone putting there IAFCU account number?   XXXXXX

this form doesn't appear to be setup correctly for us IAFCU members

I didn't want to put in the routing number and then my IAFCU number because if they try to send a wire to that is won't work

021283961 <- this is the routing number

my account number is only 5 digits

I had no issues submitting these numbers to bitfloor
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 14, 2013, 06:45:55 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2013, 07:59:22 PM by ProfMac

Kathy Dawn at IAFCU called and left voicemail Sunday at 11:54 CDT.
I called back and reached Kathy, she was efficient and friendly.  There was a glitch in that they put a portion of my phone number into the documention on my account sign up card, but the actual password on the web page was first 4 of ssn + first 2 of last name.

I logged in while she was online, I am in the system.

I try to be respectful and informed.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2013, 07:14:34 PM

I logged in while she was online, I am in the system.

Its a fairly nice system too. Nicer than my regular bank's web banking site.

Kathy's good people
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1018

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 03:04:46 AM

why isn't roman at the helm keeping people informed and helping them?
what about the people that got screwed last year?   what happens to that debt?

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 04:29:24 AM

I would guess that since there is no more business to earn profits with to repay that debt with, that debt is not going to be repaid.
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:09:44 AM

I would guess that since there is no more business to earn profits with to repay that debt with, that debt is not going to be repaid.

I notice a mention of FinCEN.

ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 06:11:02 AM

I just remembered to return to the bitfloor web site and enter my IAFCU account information.

SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 09:07:22 AM

that's the 2.8 million dollar question right there

for me it is completely unfathomable
NargoMargo

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2013, 05:42:04 PM

Answer is, Because he can get away with it. He can run us all through the loops and no one is doing anything to fight him on it.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2013, 06:16:15 PM

Everybody knew they were dealing with an unregulated market. The fact that Roman is trying to return what he can is a major step, the fact that IAFCU is willing to work with him shows that he is likely a legit guy as IAFCU would not want to risk associating themselves with a shady business right now while they are trying to build their reputation in the legit banking world.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 01:12:27 PM

Answer is, Because he can get away with it. He can run us all through the loops and no one is doing anything to fight him on it.

yeah i know, i guess i took it as more of a philosophical question.. kinda like "why did that person rape a baby?".. part of the answer to that question might also be "because they knew they could get away with it"

but the question is really more along the lines of "how can a human being be so...", etc

Roman is just not a very good human being if you ask me, regardless of whether I get my money back or not
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2013, 08:15:04 PM

Update on bitfloor.com

IAFCU ask that everyone be patient as they verify user accounts and process refunds. They expect to be able to start sending funds by the end of July.

IAFCU is asking that users who receive a "Password change" email before their account is setup should not email asking about the password change. This happens when IAFCU is not able to reach you within 24 hours of your account being setup and thus change the password.

Looks like a little bit more time before the money starts flowing
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2013, 10:54:48 PM

Update on bitfloor.com

IAFCU ask that everyone be patient as they verify user accounts and process refunds. They expect to be able to start sending funds by the end of July.

IAFCU is asking that users who receive a "Password change" email before their account is setup should not email asking about the password change. This happens when IAFCU is not able to reach you within 24 hours of your account being setup and thus change the password.

Looks like a little bit more time before the money starts flowing

Roman actually keeping us updated?? He must be high! I hope he keeps toking.
evlew

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 12:05:06 AM

I have less than $3k in my account.  Much less actually. 

When I try to withdraw I receive "Internal server error"

has this been addressed yet?  I've emailed support twice.  Once a week ago (after waiting several days to see if the problem went away) and once more today.
flound1129

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

www.multipool.us

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:45:05 AM

Might have something to do with the way people have been talking about him in this thread, like he's the antichrist or something.

If I were him I wouldn't be going out of my way either.  We're lucky he's stuck with it this long.

Multipool - Always mine the most profitable coin - Scrypt, X11 or SHA-256!
ProfMac
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 01:58:12 AM

Might have something to do with the way people have been talking about him in this thread, like he's the antichrist or something.

If I were him I wouldn't be going out of my way either.  We're lucky he's stuck with it this long.

You mean, he gets robbed, then his bank closes his account and it takes lawyers and 3rd party help at an international conference to find 1 credit union that will work with him, we have no sympathy, respect, or understand, and furthermore we spread FUD, and wonder why he follows his lawyer's advice and keeps mostly quiet?

I dunno.  Maybe I can figure it out after a while.

(no, I didn't talk to his lawyer.  I have talked to my lawyers several times over the decades.  They all advise to keep quiet.)

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 17, 2013, 04:39:08 AM

If I were him I wouldn't be going out of my way either.  We're lucky he's stuck with it this long.

You mean, he gets robbed, then his bank closes his account and it takes lawyers and 3rd party help at an international conference to find 1 credit union that will work with him, we have no sympathy, respect, or understand, and furthermore we spread FUD, and wonder why he follows his lawyer's advice and keeps mostly quiet?

(no, I didn't talk to his lawyer.  I have talked to my lawyers several times over the decades.  They all advise to keep quiet.)

We, bitfloor's customers got robbed.  Technically Roman says he got robbed, but never posted any proof of that.  Then he just handed people IOUs and refused to discuss any of numerous options to mitigate the damage.

Why anyone would trust Roman with anything worth more than a stick of gum after that will always be a mystery to me.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 08:53:37 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2013, 09:08:31 AM by SpottedMarley

... we have no sympathy, respect, or understand, and furthermore we spread FUD, and wonder why he follows his lawyer's advice and keeps mostly quiet?

sympathy and respect are a two way street.. none received, none given

understanding requires information.. none received, no understanding

FUD is only possible, and occurs quite naturally, in a vacuum of sympathy, respect and understanding

for someone who is a "professor" i find your wisdom sorely lacking

to insinuate that any amount of blame for how Roman has handled this falls on any of the victims of his fiasco is both ignorant and unconscionable

you should be ashamed to suggest otherwise but that would require you to actually have some compassion, which obviously you don't

you are a smug, uppity little professor who's opinion is based more on what you think you can teach people than anything else

Roman Shtylman is a hero!! go ahead, say it.. you know you want to because it's the opposite of what anyone else is thinking and everybody else is stupid, right?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 09:10:52 AM

If I were him I wouldn't be going out of my way either.  We're lucky he's stuck with it this long.

Couldn't agree more with this one. It takes a strong willed person to return 2.8 mil to a bunch of angry, name calling, disrespectful, personally threatening people.

Especially since it's not even really his personal responsibility since it's an LLC.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2013, 09:14:13 AM

Couldn't agree more with this one. It takes a strong willed person to return 2.8 mil to a bunch of angry, name calling, disrespectful, personally threatening people.

Especially since it's not even really his personal responsibility since it's an LLC.

it takes a strong willed person to do the right thing? wow

you should approach Roman about partnering with him on his next business venture. you could make millions getting away with everything that the law technically allows you to
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: