Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:59:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor issues?  (Read 55492 times)
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 10:08:19 PM

"infested999" commented: "You could have withdrew that BTC anytime you want"

Every time I try to transfer BTC out of Bitfloor to an external wallet with either Multibit, Bitcoin-QT, or direct to MtGox... I get an error from bitfloor: "internal server error"

I guessed that the BTC everyone had in bitfloor are lost forever Undecided, Can anyone comment on this, please?
The day Bitfloor closed, I transferred my bitcoin balance to my wallet and requested the cash balance ACH to my bank account.
I received the confirmation email for the ACH and received the BTC in my wallet within minutes.
Wish I had known the cash would be tied up for so long.  I would have just converted it to BTC and I wouldn't care about this thread.

I wish I had sold at 260 on April 9 and requested an ACH from bitfloor then.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Withdrawals were stopped at around 7 PM EST but trading was still allowed for 1 hour more. Obviously everyone smelled a scam coming so everyone bought and withdrew as fast as they can. Then the price reached around $110 and trading was stopped.

The trading was still allowed for 1 hour after USD withdrawals were stopped to allow the "insiders" to get their BTC out of there in time. Just like in Cyprus during the bank holiday the England franchises were still open for the insiders to withdraw their money before it was stolen by the EU.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
SpottedMarley

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

Just thought I'd share my nightmare experience dealing with IAFCU so far.

So I got my money refunded into my IAFCU account like many others. I actually thought that the worst was over at that point and was elated.

IAFCU sent me a debit card and NO PIN. No big deal, right? Just call them up and request a new card/PIN.

Called and called and called, no answer from the branch.

Called the call center and submitted my new card/PIN request with them. I was promised that someone from the branch would call me ASAP to confirm.

No call, no email, nothing.

I gave it a day or two, then called and called and called the branch.. no answer.

Called the call center again, all they can tell me is that nobody at the branch has responded to the request.

So at this point I decided I would try the Check Withdrawal method in the online banking system to send myself a check for the entire balance of my account, just under $4000.

Upon submitting that request, the web site informs me that that amount exceeds their limit!! (Even though if you read the help section on Check Withdrawals, their own example shows a $5000 withdrawal request)

So once again I call the branch.. and I call and call and call... NO ANSWER.. EVER

So I call the call center again and THEY submit my check withdrawal request manually, but now it's up to the branch to actually process it. WHICH THEY STILL HAVE NOT

I called again today. No answer from the branch (as I write I am using my phones auto-redial to try and break through but I suspect nobody is answering calls anyways).

I called the call center again, they can confirm that both of my requests are still in the system, both have not been responded to by the branch and they also confirmed that I am not the only person who is infuriated by an inability to get in touch with anyone from the branch.

I just finally remembered that I have Kathy Piscitelli's (a branch manager) email address so I just emailed her with this whole story about an hour ago. Waiting on a response.

This is like a really bad dream. I was so fucking close to having my money back.. and now it's as inaccessible to me as it ever was.

Right back in the same fucking place I was 3 weeks ago. I have no idea if I'll ever get my money back.

Hope everybody else is having a better experience than I am.
infested999

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:43:41 PM

Right back in the same fucking place I was 3 weeks ago. I have no idea if I'll ever get my money back.

When Roman removed BitFloor from his resume, it created a vacuum in the universe of "sites that steal your money" so the instant BitFloor was gone, the IAFCU by the laws of physics, had to take it's place.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
johnblaze

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:36:46 AM

IAFCU sent me a debit card and NO PIN. No big deal, right? Just call them up and request a new card/PIN.

did you see my post earlier in the thread and Prof's response?

the PIN is comes in a separate envelope a day or two after the card arrives. this is done for security purposes.

Called and called and called, no answer from the branch.

not a good sign Sad

hyperbole much?

you are nowhere near in the same place as 3 weeks ago. your money is safely in your credit union account. before it was in limbo in Roman's hands. are you telling me that you doubt IAFCU's credibility to fulfill the balance of your account to the same extent as Roman's credibility? cmon now.
village.idiot

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 02:38:30 AM

Hope everybody else is having a better experience than I am.
Yeah, I'm havin' a great experience.
Still got nut'n Undecided
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 07:25:40 AM

Just thought I'd share my nightmare experience dealing with IAFCU so far.

So I got my money refunded into my IAFCU account like many others. I actually thought that the worst was over at that point and was elated.

I use my debit card like a credit card.  I have bought groceries, gasoline, and meals with it.  I don't have the PIN yet either, though I am having my mail forwarded from my house to my work location.

I try to be respectful and informed.
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 09:20:35 AM

did you see my post earlier in the thread and Prof's response?

the PIN is comes in a separate envelope a day or two after the card arrives. this is done for security purposes.

Yes, I know how debit cards work and, like I said, I've already submitted a request TWICE to have a new one sent. No response.

hyperbole much?
you are nowhere near in the same place as 3 weeks ago. your money is safely in your credit union account. before it was in limbo in Roman's hands. are you telling me that you doubt IAFCU's credibility to fulfill the balance of your account to the same extent as Roman's credibility? cmon now.

Not hyperbole, precision.

3 weeks ago I had an account that I could log into (at bitfloor.com) that showed me a balance of funds owed to me that I had no access to and could not get any help with or information about.

Today I have an account that I can log into (at IAFCU.org) that shows me a balance of funds owed to me that I have no access to and can not get any help with or information about.

In my world we call that the same fucking place.

As far as credibility goes, the longer this continues the less credibility  IAFCU will have in my book. A bank that refuses to communicate with their customers is every bit as "incredible" as a Bitcoin exchange who refuses to communicate with its customers.

I use my debit card like a credit card.  I have bought groceries, gasoline, and meals with it.  I don't have the PIN yet either, though I am having my mail forwarded from my house to my work location.

I can probably use the card to charge things but I have absolutely no intention of spending this money (as I never did when it was stuck at Bitfloor). It is all being reinvested... or WILL BE if I ever get it back.
johnblaze

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:21:55 PM

you are clearly blinded by your emotion if you continue to think you are in the same place as 3 weeks ago
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 01:41:35 PM

you are clearly blinded by your emotion if you continue to think you are in the same place as 3 weeks ago

clearly you possess a great insight into me, my emotions and my thoughts. maybe you can tell me why i masturbate constantly?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4657

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:43:38 PM

clearly you possess a great insight into me, my emotions and my thoughts. maybe you can tell me why i masturbate constantly?

Repressed oedipus complex?

Grin
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 05:31:20 PM

Got an email from Kathy, says she is going to call me after 4pm.

Holy shit I cannot wait until this money is bitcoin again so I can actually have control of it. Dollars are a dirty joke
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 08:15:38 PM

Give them a chance, IAFCU is brand new, but they are doing a great job.

They all worked through the past couple of weekends to help with this situation.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 08:46:52 PM

Ok, so I finally got a call from Kathy. After more than a week of trying, that's all I ever wanted, just to talk to someone at the bank who can actually do things.

Kathy set me up with Bank-to-bank transfers between my IAFCU account and my checking account at my other bank.

So, finally, I was able to log into my IAFCU account and initiate a transfer of funds into my regular bank!!

However, based on how everything else related to this goddam Bitfloor refund has gone, I will not assume it will process properly and I fully expect to have to open a new issue in just a few days.
village.idiot

Activity: 270

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

Nice positive attitude, there
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2013, 11:50:45 PM

Ok, so I finally got a call from Kathy. After more than a week of trying, that's all I ever wanted, just to talk to someone at the bank who can actually do things.

Kathy set me up with Bank-to-bank transfers between my IAFCU account and my checking account at my other bank.

So, finally, I was able to log into my IAFCU account and initiate a transfer of funds into my regular bank!!

However, based on how everything else related to this goddam Bitfloor refund has gone, I will not assume it will process properly and I fully expect to have to open a new issue in just a few days.

Did you try calling them during their business hours? I've spoken to someone at IAFCU nearly every day. I call, wait on hold for 3-5 minutes, and someone answers and helps me.

Never had a problem getting through to them.

SpottedMarley

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:59:11 PM

i have my money Smiley time to buy bitcoins  Grin
infested999

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:35:56 PM

So I heard bitfloor.com is a good exchange where you can buy Bitcoins, you should deposit.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
                       ▄█
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
joesmoe2012

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 01:51:06 PM

So I heard bitfloor.com is a good exchange where you can buy Bitcoins, you should deposit.

Not operating at the moment. Hopefully they will be back soon as the finish returning clients money from the last go.

UncleGravy

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 02:12:34 PM

Has anyone been able to get an issue resolved with Roman? My bitfloor account problems were before this whole fiasco, and can't get any response from support, twitter, or even Roman's personal email acct.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4657

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:51:45 PM

i have my money Smiley time to buy bitcoins  Grin

This boosts my optimism and makes me very happy.  My deposit just showed up in my IAFCU account.  I plan to attempt ATM withdrawl today.  Looking forward to having the extra cash for purchasing bitcoins.

I wonder if this sudden liquidity among people who like to own bitcoin will have a noticeable effect on the current exchange rate?

Shouldn't lots of cash suddenly in the hands of bitcoiners lead to lots of bitcoin buying and as such lead to a sudden increase in exchange rate? (oops, this isn't the speculation forum.  Sorry about that.  Please disregard my previous sentence).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: