Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48734 times)
The_prodigy

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:32:15 AM

I keep it in my wallet, on one of the trustworthy sites, which can be for trading, see all the coins prices, i can predict the price of each coins, the rising and falling the price of all the coins,. Sometimes i'm also investing it in a gambling site.
Yes were the same. I stored my earnings in my online wallet. I believe that it is good enough. Because of its securities and because of the people who are using it. It has a code that need google auth. It is safe i am very sure of that. And if i have a laptop i will use electrum wallet  too , a hardware wallet that is for laptop. Other said that electrum is kinda good too.
xFiber

Activity: 336
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 11:47:58 AM

I keep mine in a very lightweight desktop wallet called electrum. Currently that is the best option I have because I don't have an extremely high amount of bitcoin that would require a hardware wallet. In the future however, I will be buying a hardware wallet.
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 12:29:20 PM

I have Bitcoin placed in a huge amount of places online and I am not sure how much I have offline.
Bitcoin isn't really that important to me so there isn't any point of tracking it down when the price is only $1,034.9.

If the price was maybe $1,000,000,000 per coin then maybe I would try to look for them.

Wow, this bitcoin's price is not fixed because bitcoin's price is volatile and even though bitcoin's price is like that I won't call it that it is not that important because of its price? lol. You might regret it because even though in this case you could still make some profits in the long run if you are going to pay attention on it.

Investing your money on bitcoin is a good choice, but of course to have this profits that I'm saying, you have to check it every week or every day just to make sure that you are monitoring the bitcoin's price history for you to know if you are making profits or not.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:00:15 AM

Same thing any skilled broker would do with large sums of money. Scatter them in various different accounts or better yet in different exchange commodities (diversifying your portfolio) such as having x amount in x and y wallets, y amount in some type of bitcoin investment option such as a security or other low-risk/high protected account (do things such as federally insured treasury or highly rated AAA bera bonds exist yet for BTC)? and z amount in some online wallet that you could dump a lot of currency easily if you had to.
Well it's really an important issue to keep your Bitcoin with you specially to keep it safe and insecure there is a common way to keep your Bitcoin with you as there is a rule present in market as digital wallet.It seem to be a secure step for it now a days but almost as known as you do preventive measure correctly. Difference handling according to the amount or bitcoin you have if you have small amount of Bitcoin in online digital wallet if you have some large amount of Bitcoin it would be good to keep in an offline wallet it's a very secure option.
Zemangat

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:38:33 AM

I save bitcoin in my online wallet. But separate. But with a small amount. That's all I get from the signature and bounty sosmed. Sometimes I'm widraw to vip wallet. Me for my daily use needs. Yes that's how i use my wallet
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:15:32 AM

I save bitcoin in my online wallet. But separate. But with a small amount. That's all I get from the signature and bounty sosmed. Sometimes I'm widraw to vip wallet. Me for my daily use needs. Yes that's how i use my wallet

It is also advisable to use offline or desktop or hardware wallets, for more security. Although online wallets are more flexible cause its "online", hardware wallets have the best security of them all.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
PinkB

Activity: 256
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:45:41 AM

Same here. i also stored my bitcoin to my online wallet.Most of the people use online wallet for small transaction.But this forum member always said that use desktop wallet for storing your bitcoin. but for storing desktop wallet i need minimum 1BTC. when i have,i will store them on desktop wallet.
Sniper150

Activity: 357
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 09:03:55 AM

I keep my bitcoins on a offline wallet which I keep just to store, otherwise I have my bitcoins on localbitcoins(low volume) in case i'm outside and need some money in my bank account. It works very well for me and I'm very happy with it as of now. Smiley

I save my bitcoin in my web wallet. Yes, it is risky, but for me, the riskier is the offline wallet. Currently, I'm using online wallet it is much safer than offline because in offline you can access on your wallet even without internet connection, but in an online wallet, you can't access it unless you have an internet connection. I think that the two types of wallets are offline and online and both of them has advantages and disadvantages. Obviously, the advantages and disadvantages is like what I have told above. Use your wallet as safest as you can. There's a lot of tricksters in this world so observed it for you to be safe.
smauni
Copper Member

Activity: 484
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:17:06 AM

I keep my Bitcoin in some wallet of online. So it's feel safe. I also trade with my coins in Bittrex.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:39:04 AM

Currently i save bitcoin in coinbase and there are some of my coins in bittrex for my trading, although every day i only get 1% profit from my capital, but i am optimistic someday i will get a decent income in bitcoin.
Avametra

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:51:53 AM

Same here. i also stored my bitcoin to my online wallet.Most of the people use online wallet for small transaction.But this forum member always said that use desktop wallet for storing your bitcoin. but for storing desktop wallet i need minimum 1BTC. when i have,i will store them on desktop wallet.

I do not have a lot of bitcoins now, so I store them in one purse. But if I have a lot of coins, then I try to break this sum into several parts and put it on different wallets. I do this for security reasons.

AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:01:38 AM

I keep bitcoin on the wallet exchanger, because almost everyday i do trade transactions. At first getting to know bitcoin i keeped using walletqt, but after understand trading i rarely use it.

Better watch your bitcoin in the exchangers because you might regret it in the end, keeping your bitcoin in this exchangers is so risky. Based on my experience I've a .1 bitcoin in an exchanger, I was comfortable that time because i thought it was safe but it was not. I didn't know where my .1 bitcoin went, it just vanished in that exchanger(I won't mention it).

I've contacted their support but there was no update about it, that is why I've learned my lessons, I'm storing my bitcoin in hardware wallet right now.
legendscale

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 11:54:43 AM

I keep bitcoin on exchange because i never use bitcoin for buy stuff or something.mostly i only used bitcoin for trade or hold it for a while until the price rise.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:03:54 PM

Currently I am not holding that many coins. So I am keeping them in my online wallet. If my holdings get considerably bigger (i.e. more than BTC1), then I will consider moving them to a hardware wallet such as Trezor. Keeping large amounts of coins in online wallets is not 100% safe. Also, there are a lot of wallet robberies going on right now.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 12:08:13 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

I make an assumption if my coins are here it will be stolen so i deversify  so some are stolen and some are not

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:09:21 PM

Currently I am not holding that many coins. So I am keeping them in my online wallet. If my holdings get considerably bigger (i.e. more than BTC1), then I will consider moving them to a hardware wallet such as Trezor. Keeping large amounts of coins in online wallets is not 100% safe. Also, there are a lot of wallet robberies going on right now.

Used google authenticator so that your bitcoins will be safe even if you put it on online wallet. I used trezor lately but it is still not convinient to use because I used and transact my bitcoin in regular basis because of trading. But I'm not telling that trezor is not good to use.

Freezingel

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:18:36 PM

I usually store it in my desktop wallet, but lately i started to do some alt trading so i move most of it to the exchange i used because it's bothersome to keep deposit and withdraw.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:30:55 PM

I usually store it in my desktop wallet, but lately i started to do some alt trading so i move most of it to the exchange i used because it's bothersome to keep deposit and withdraw.
Exactly, generally people are interested in gathering their Bitcoin in a trusted wallet so that they can easily withdraw  their money.
Basically, I'm using my online wallet which provides me a better opportunity to keep secured​ my money...
BaumT

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:48:52 PM

I keep my Bitcoins offline, I am going to hold on to them until one coin is worth more than $10 000, the only reason why I am keeping them offline is only because I don't want to get hacked, there are too many, I don't trust the internet
ekans45

Activity: 229
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:49:05 PM

I use an online wallet service also. It's risk, but there is no problem for me because I don't have much money.
As you want to make a large investment, I think you should migrate to another service like a cold wallet. However, I can't guarantee you if doing this your money will be full safe. And don't wait 5-10 years to visit again, bitcoin price can increase, but can drop also, nobody knows.
Choosing a wallet or a suitable place on your bitcoin is one of the major thing to know about bitcoin system. And for me the best way to find or to chose a suitable wallet for you to use, of course you need consideration. First you need to consider the amount of bitcoin you are going to hold, then you nationality or country where you lived in as well as the currency. Then if you consider these thing I am sure you can know. Personally I used multi wallets depending on my transaction. For you to lessen the risk you can use one or more wallet so you can hold your bitcoin on any transaction you could make.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: