Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:53:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48734 times)
Yudai

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Gric Coin - Redefining Agriculture and Increasing

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:39:33 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

If you are going to store for ling term, I would recommend you yo use online wallet instead if hardware wallet or paper wallet for such reasons. If you prefer hardware/paper wallet, you might lost it and you couldn't reccover it. Another thing, if your computer/hardware malfunctioned and its date was destroyed, you can't recover it anymore unlike in online wallets where in you can mamximized its security and it's easy to back up if here is trouble could happen.

xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 02:46:20 PM

Hardware wallet

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:23:35 PM

I keep my bitcoins on a offline wallet which I keep just to store, otherwise I have my bitcoins on localbitcoins(low volume) in case i'm outside and need some money in my bank account. It works very well for me and I'm very happy with it as of now. Smiley
Well, I keep my bitcoin on an online wallet because I know that my bitcoin is safe and secure. In addition to that, there are lot of people who use online wallet because you can use it to pay your bills and transfer money instantly. However, there are still people who use the offline wallet that you need to install in your computer or laptop.
zedsacs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:15:53 PM

I have my bitcoins in several wallet and I'm using coins.ph,blockchain, and xapo. All of my bitcoin are stored on several addy because it's better than having only one addy and it's more securable or it's just better to have several addy for security purposes

▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
GlobaTalent██████
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██
         ▄▄████▄▄         
     ▄▄████████████▄▄       
 ▄▄████████████████████▄▄ 
██████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███▀▀▀       
███████▀                 
███████    ▄██▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████   ██████   ▐██████
███████    ▀██▀    ▐██████
███████▄          ▄███████
██████████▄▄  ▄▄██████████
 ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
     ▀▀████████████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀
██████
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
    ██
▇▇ Read our Whitepaper ▇▇
Telegram
Facebook
Medium
Twitter
ANN Thread
Bounty
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:11:58 PM

We keep the "trading" balance on the exchange, but that is never more than 10 BTC, and it never should be.  The amount that you keep out there on the internet is a completely losable amount and always should be. 
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:19:23 PM

We keep the "trading" balance on the exchange, but that is never more than 10 BTC, and it never should be.  The amount that you keep out there on the internet is a completely losable amount and always should be. 

Yeah, the same here. I have two wallets with the HODL's and the rest of the balance is on the exchange and is just for trading basically. You should not keep your HODLINGs there.
Ashtville

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:54:41 PM

I keep them separated in two wallets:
* blockchain.info , 0,1 or so using it to pay for a faucet and hosting
* Electrum, around 1 BTC keeping it as storage.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:31:54 PM

Yeah, the same here. I have two wallets with the HODL's and the rest of the balance is on the exchange and is just for trading basically. You should not keep your HODLINGs there.

There is nothing that is going to protect that amount in the event that something happens and there is no recovering that if something happens.  The rest is kept in a protected and backed up software wallet.
btctousd81

Activity: 434
Merit: 270

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 02:50:41 PM

i have two types of wallets, one is online blockchain and another is offline. for holding i save them on the my offline wallet. and for trading and buying things online  i use blockchain.

Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:56:27 PM

Hello OP
i usually keep my bitcoins in trading sites or investment box on yobit. I get a good profit there. I keep on trading and investing. I usually purchase altcoins at low price with my bitcoins and then sell them when they are high. I get a good profit there by trading. And also i have invested some of my bitcoins in investment box on yobit. i also get a good daily profit there. Its useless to just purchase and store bitcoins. infact investment gives us more profit. As we all know bitcoin price is not stable and it can change. any moment.
najmul33

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 07:56:57 AM

Now I keep my Bitcoin in Online wallet,like coinbase, Blockchin and XAPO. I know it’s not 100% safety But I don’t like to keep in desktop wallet also. Maybe viruses catch my wallet.  Now I have plan to use offline wallet to keep safe my Bitcoin
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:15:36 PM

Now I keep my Bitcoin in Online wallet,like coinbase, Blockchin and XAPO. I know it’s not 100% safety But I don’t like to keep in desktop wallet also. Maybe viruses catch my wallet.  Now I have plan to use offline wallet to keep safe my Bitcoin
Well if you think about it, no one has a 100% security, it just that it depends on the person who're using it. If you have large amount of Bitcoin then you can either have multiple 'online' wallets for you to scatter all of you coin and most likely to avoid being stolen because of having just few amounts of Bitcoin in each wallet. You could try having a 'Hardware' wallet or what we call 'Cold' storage where you are having a wallet offline in your desktop or laptop. Although watch out for viruses, it is recommended to have a strong security.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
sindikat

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 09:28:23 PM

I also store their bitcoins in an electronic wallet Xapo. It is very convenient. As for viruses from it nobody is insured. Do you think your computer is immune from viruses and offline storage of bitcoins safe? Xapo when removing sends a request to mobile and your computer will be silent.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:43:19 PM

I always keep my bitcoins safely in my electrum wallet.Even when the hard fork occured,i kept all of my bitcoins in that wallet only.Its easy to use.But it should be downloaded from the official website Electrum.org and if downloade from any other fake websites,it would lead to loss of all bitcoins.

cyclotronmajesty

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:46:48 PM

I always keep my bitcoins safely in my electrum wallet.Even when the hard fork occured,i kept all of my bitcoins in that wallet only.Its easy to use.But it should be downloaded from the official website Electrum.org and if downloade from any other fake websites,it would lead to loss of all bitcoins.

Yeah electrum wallet is the most secure place to keep your bitcoins and even the features of electrum are very friendly and its very easy to recover your bitcoins if anything goes wrong with your computer the only thing you have to be careful that you save wallet seed at safe place.

███  ███
    ███      ███
  ███          ███
███              ███

███              ███
  ███          ███
    ███      ███
      ███  ███

LANCECHAIN

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████
 █████▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
Mkmanik

Activity: 986
Merit: 516

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:55:21 PM

I also keep my Bitcoin into Electrum wallet.But I always use blockchain wallet for the small transaction or daily uses.its easy to me use blockchain wallet.I only use electrum wallet for store Bitcoin for a long time.I also recommended all to use the online wallet for the small amount of transaction.
nuela

Activity: 145

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:18:15 PM

I store the bitcoin in the refrigerator to keep it cool and keep it fresh as new, lots of storage methods that keeps it cool. A hard wallet will hold the bitcoin for longer so use the hardware wallet.

cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:11:54 PM

I keep my bitcoin in two online bitcoin wallets; Xapo & Blockchain.info

They are very powerful, highly secure, and user friendly as well. I like them both because of ease access to my wallet whenever I want to buy something with bitcoins online.
SirSar

Activity: 284

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:25:13 PM

I think it is stupid to store your btc on someone's website, go download the wallet, store it on your computer, turn off the internet connection - and you are 100% safe.
paragoncoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 11:34:39 PM

I think it is stupid to store your btc on someone's website, go download the wallet, store it on your computer, turn off the internet connection - and you are 100% safe.

I would agree. It's best to not take chances with it. I know people who keep their Bitcoin on exchanges and I can't for the life of me figure out why.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: