Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:10:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48734 times)
MineMax

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:35:33 PM

Although I often hold my bitcoin on neighborhood bitcoin,since I believe regional bitcoin has very good safety and till now I have in no way encountered any troubles with bitcoin that I retailer in the localbitcoin.
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:58:51 PM

To be honest if people find a great way to store them safely they wont tell you for security reasons but those are techy people. You can easily use cold store with hardware wallets, or paper wallets, as well as having a wallet on different phones, etc.

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2017, 04:34:05 PM

I personally keep the most of my coins on a Hardware Wallet.
Small amounts are spread between different wallets on different devices.
As Long as not stored in an online Wallet.. everything is fine Cheesy

citywise2

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:29:11 AM

If you are looking for a good usability — look at buying a hardware wallet. These hardware wallets works by scheme described above, but also they have some unique advantages.
That is if one already have reasonable enough bitcoin to warrant an invest on such a hardware otherwise an online wallet with several security features in place would do. It is good to also backup content  of hardware too, because they often fail else in such a situation the bitcoin would be lost.
Naughtis

Activity: 113

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:35:52 AM

We are all concerns about our bitcoins. I'm just keeping my bitcoin to my online wallet. I save all my bitcoin from that and hold in a few days waiting for the price to get more profit on it. If the price goes up I will cash it out to buy some stuff.

I prefer to keep my bitcoin in blockchain wallet. Till I didn't need it, I'll try to not touch my investment. I'll hold my coin as long as I can still have provided my needs in other way than using it. Well, I hoped that my I couldn't use my coin now.

Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:59:55 AM

We are all concerns about our bitcoins. I'm just keeping my bitcoin to my online wallet. I save all my bitcoin from that and hold in a few days waiting for the price to get more profit on it. If the price goes up I will cash it out to buy some stuff.

I prefer to keep my bitcoin in blockchain wallet. Till I didn't need it, I'll try to not touch my investment. I'll hold my coin as long as I can still have provided my needs in other way than using it. Well, I hoped that my I couldn't use my coin now.
i think the best way to keep bitcoin is to keep on getting it and work for it.so that  it well continue to increase .because sometime we need to get bitcoin and convert it into fiat because of an important things to be paid of such us tuition .water  and electric billing etc.so then if we only hold bitcoin and didnt gain it  every now and then .maybe it well all loose slowly.
Chyton

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:17:46 PM

I personally keep my Bitcoins in three different place.

1. Coinbase Vault
I would say this is the easiest method and it has some bit of security if you're managing your private key, the downside is you need to wait 48 hours and have access to 2 of your emails to withdraw your Bitcoins.

2. BreadWallet
Hands down on the easiest way and one of the safest way to store your Bitcoin (assuming you do not jailbreak your iOS device). You just a phone and passcode to spend your aging Bitcoins. While you may need to memorize or write down 12 seeds which is not that hard actually.

3. Paper Wallet
This is the big boy. The safest of them all, Paper Wallet. You need to print your encrypted private key and remember the password you used to encrypt your private key and thats all, if you're going to spend from Paper Wallet, there are many service will sweep your private key such as BreadWallet.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Christian13

Activity: 227

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:31:28 PM

I keep my bitcoins on a offline wallet which I keep just to store, otherwise I have my bitcoins on localbitcoins(low volume) in case i'm outside and need some money in my bank account. It works very well for me and I'm very happy with it as of now. Smiley
Actually, I use online wallet to keep my bitcoin safe and secure and I will put my private key and password in safe place. In addition to that, I also use 2fa to make secure and safe because there are some people who can hacked our wallet so that we need to make it sucure. I also use offline wallet and I install it in my computer.
Rojectime

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 11:48:57 PM

maintaining bitcoin on the internet wallet or hardware wallet is a subject of selection as for me I desire on the web wallet owing to it overall flexibility that is I can navigate to my e-mail tackle before opening the wallet and all it really is protection features are nicely secured. Despite the fact that I hope that such a web site should not crash then my bitcoins will be endangered.
100%succes

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:44:22 AM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

if you want to move all coin and meet 5-10 years to come, you better invest offline you can use to buy oil palm garden, coffee garden, chocolate garden and you like. about how you currently store the bitcoin. I saved bitcoin in myetherwallet.
Collinslevi

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:25:21 AM

Like in real life, your wallet must be secured. You should be wary of any service designed to store your money online. Many exchanges and online wallets suffered from security breaches in the past and such services generally still do not provide enough insurance and security to be used to store money like a bank. Accordingly, you might want to use other types of Bitcoin wallets. Otherwise, you should choose such services very carefully. Additionally, using two-factor authentication is recommended. Bitcoin makes it possible to transfer value anywhere in a very easy way and it allows you to be in control of your money. Such great features also come with great security concerns. At the same time, Bitcoin can provide very high levels of security if used correctly. Always remember that it is your responsibility to adopt good practices in order to protect your money.
Raja_Salman

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:58:21 AM

right now I feel safe when the bitcoin I have is already in the offline wallet because when I save in the exchanger I fear if a case like BTC-e happens again. we never know
pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:07:20 AM

right now I feel safe when the bitcoin I have is already in the offline wallet because when I save in the exchanger I fear if a case like BTC-e happens again. we never know
I agree with you, better keep it in the wallet offline, I think if keep bitcoin in the exchanges is have high risk because there is no private key for hold (we do not hold our bitcoin).

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:15:08 AM

Our bitcoins are safe and sound in an offline wallet. And that's what I'm doing since then, before I'm storing my bitcoin to an online wallet and exchangers. But many people here suggested when I was new that it's not safe to store my bitcoins there and what happened was they are right. The local wallet that I'm using started to act crazy and many of their customers now are complaining.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:20:58 AM

Our bitcoins are safe and sound in an offline wallet. And that's what I'm doing since then, before I'm storing my bitcoin to an online wallet and exchangers. But many people here suggested when I was new that it's not safe to store my bitcoins there and what happened was they are right. The local wallet that I'm using started to act crazy and many of their customers now are complaining.

Yes.My suggestions for all the bitcoin holders is just keep your bitcoin in offline wallet.Why I am saying is ,many hackers are stealing the bitcoin in the online wallet by the IP address. So better to keep your bitcoin in offline wallet to make it safe for very long period.
shunga

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:26:04 AM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

I keep my bitcoin through converting into a money then after i convert it i save it to the bank to use for the future purpose because i know that this is the safetest way to do.

●    D A F Z O    ●   A DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL P2P LOGISTICS PLATFORM   ●    D A F Z O    ●
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TelegramFacebookTwitterWhitePaperANNOnePagerYoutubeMediumLinkedIn
wiepers

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:33:27 AM

Yes.My suggestions for all the bitcoin holders is just keep your bitcoin in offline wallet.Why I am saying is ,many hackers are stealing the bitcoin in the online wallet by the IP address. So better to keep your bitcoin in offline wallet to make it safe for very long period.

I think there is no problem to store bitcoin in online wallet, as long as it is not for a long time. Store bitcoin in online wallet only to wait for percentage of coins if you want to trade

Syella.A

Activity: 247

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:35:37 AM

I keep my bitcoin through converting into a money then after i convert it i save it to the bank to use for the future purpose because i know that this is the safetest way to do.

I agree, it is not good to keep the bitcoin too long in the wallet online. more and more are familiar with bitcoin, crime in the online world is also more and more. Save bitcoin in online wallet for a moment and then redeem to a private bank

Orionix        |│        The Future of Gaming Comission Free Games And Items Exchange
[   YOUTUBE   ]      [ AIRDROP ]      [    DISCORD    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
franjaya

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:42:41 AM

save bitcoin huh? still not thinking about it still in the stage of learning how to get bitcoin. and to date have not been able to the slightest result of bitcoin. hopefully the results of my efforts to be fruited in accordance with the wishes
ViperCS

Activity: 197

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 05:00:48 AM

Actually i use to convert my BTC in my currency immediately because of need of money. But one can keep it and sale it when the prices are at higher side. If your wallet stores a large amount of Bitcoins make sure to keep it in what is known as cold storage. Cold storage means your wallet isn’t present on the web or on any other computer. An example for cold storage could be a paper wallet or a flash drive that has your private key encrypted on it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: