Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:55:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you keep your bitcoins?  (Read 48734 times)
MFY151

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:41:09 PM

Op has the plan to save a the bitcoins for more than 5 years. In between he's not gonna use it, so its better to store it in a hardware wallet and keep it secure. For added security have the backup as well keep the public key secretly.

You may also try to increase the security of your backup files through encryptions and make sure you don't fall for any scam , malware or links in the internet that may compromise your account securities. I think each wallet offers dependable security capabilities and the rest is up to us to protect our bitcoins.

cointorox  
✓   Your Digital Piggy Bank Cryptocurrency, Simplified. ✓   
────────  Website ⬝  Facebook ⬝   Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Medium ────────
espenarandy11

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:47:05 PM

I have all my coins in on an online trading site (paxful) (low volume)

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

What is the best way to do this, and what's the best way of ensuring a backup?

How do you currently store your coins

thanks in advance for any inputs

When I encounter Crypto currency I started to keep my bitcoins with my blockchain account, then when I started to learn crypto trading I deposit my btc at the trading site, then I buy some alternative coins from that exchanger.   
yrreg ger

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:50:51 PM

I was just putting my bitcoin in my web wallet and wait to grow the price i am also joining in some bounty campaign just to earn some extta bitcoin to add my earning

I also used online wallets for keeping my bitcoins but I planned to use other wallets that are offline because my friend told me that it is safer.  The security of my earnings is very important after all. Just like you, while keeping updated with the market prices I also join signature campaigns in order to earn more bitcoins. I also do trading because there is bigger profit in here than just waiting for the price of bitcoin to go up.
fedorkr6

Activity: 53

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:21:06 AM

I dont believe in all trade web sites wallets in maintaining my bitcoins even although they say that they are secured,simply because i previously experience hacking troubles on some trade web sites so i dont have faith in all internet site now,i often use shop my bitcoins on paper wallets
SummonKing2

Activity: 210
Merit: 128

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:17:05 AM

I will use the most secure wallet to lose my money and to get more bitcoins like online wallets here they are also secured and no need to know your password you need only nothing else as long as you do not know and maybe your account may be hacked.
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:15:11 PM

its better to keep your bitcoin on you desktop wallet./

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:55:04 PM

its better to keep your bitcoin on you desktop wallet./
Well it depends on how you are going to use it in the future.

If you just wanted to hold for that specific coin of yours after earning from a campaign or other source, then a desktop wallet, hardware wallet or cold wallet is the best option for this. It gives the security that you needed, since I'm pretty sure that it will be a large number of coins then it is logical to store it in a very secured place.

But on the other hand, if you're going to play in gambling sites; wanted to spend your money weekly or even in that specific day. What I mean is if you wanted to use it often then it is a good idea to store it in an online wallet, since probably it will not gonna be as large as what you will store in hard wallets then, you shouldn't be worrying too much to the security, just make sure that you've confirmed all the necessary confirmations.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:28:10 PM

As I am a new bie yet so I am learning about these things. As I learned from many of the forum users about blockchain.info here I already made an wallet in blockchain.info and I will keep my bitcoin in that wallet with the passage of time when I learned this completely then I will change my preference from blockchain to some other secure and safe wallets.

MukulTaneja

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:35:04 PM

not having much now,but i have in future would store few of them on online wallets and other on paper offline  wallets
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:43:55 PM

Currently on Coinbase, yes, I know, not the best option, but I have a very small amount, ... waiting to get a Ledger Nano S wallet.
Hopefully it will support the other ICOs I have invested in sometime in the near future (one should be OK as it is an ERC20 token), but for now it will be OK for BTC, LTC and Ripple.
Ayush rana

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:44:13 PM

I am storing all my coins in online wallet and will sell them at higher price if i get.
I am not planning to store long but in future when I'll have enough I'll surely gona save them for a long time.

Cutekittens21

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:50:26 PM

I keep my Bitcoins in blockchain.info and in Bittrex exchange.
However, for sake of my project purposes, I need to open extra safe browser-based multi-wallet, where I can easily control private keys and keep them offline.

Is blockchain.info considered an exchange wallet? I'm using some exchanges but want to move to a safer online option. Do you think this would be a good option?
Evilmorty69

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 08:32:38 PM

I plan on making a large investment very soon, and want to safely store all of my coins
I.E I basically want to drop a couple thousand, and keep them in the safest possible way, where I can revisit them in 5-10 years or so and reap the benefits, or cry about the loss.

Yes of course you should invest. There are some much different advices and opinions. How do you check all these projects, guys? I just found Omega One and Confideal. Last should be interesting due to usual people orientation
valpes

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:00:18 PM

I shop my bitcoins in my electrum wallet in my Personal computer.I have been making use of it for the earlier two many years.Until now,i have not found any troubles.We could established our transaction payment manually.There is no synchronizing problem in this wallet.
boris singer

Activity: 882
Merit: 268

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:08:28 PM

However, for sake of my project purposes, I need to open extra safe browser-based multi-wallet, where I can easily control private keys and keep them offline.

Is blockchain.info considered an exchange wallet? I'm using some exchanges but want to move to a safer online option. Do you think this would be a good option?

trezor and nano Ledger are the best wallet choices for you, but blockchain has never had a serious problem until now, we can not choose the best because it's actually our belief that will make them better prepared in maintaining user accounts.

Exchange wallet is very effective for transaction orders, if you want to keep Bitcoin in large quantities you should start using hardwallet.
Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:27:28 PM

I store my bitcoin in a wallet is the safest way to store your bitcoin, and you can easily convert it in a fiat it the value of bitcoin is not stable and if its high again put it back in bitcoin. That's how I store my bitcoin.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:53:39 PM

I store my bitcoin in my wallet and when I needed it I just cash it out to spend or put in the bank for my savings.I am not storing my coins in wallet for too long to be safe also.If the price is higher I put it in btc and when it is lower I put it back in peso to make the price stable.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:00:42 PM

I dont advice to hold your hard earned bitcoin in online wallet. If you want to use exchanges go to bittrex,poloniex,c-cex and other exchanges.Safe way to hold your bitcoin is desktop and paper wallets.
sammy4real

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:07:38 PM

Online wallet is the most efficient way now for storing bitcoin since bitcoin holders nowadays are preferred to do short trading rather than just wait for a year. I preferred online wallet too since my bitcoin is just small amount and I always buying on online merchant using bitcoin as mode of payment. Offline wallets sometime are too complicated especially for a computer that has a poor performance, Syncing of wallet takes time and too much electricity. At last, I love online wallet because i can access my bitcoin through my mobile phone anytime and everywhere that has an internet connection.
mercyt

Activity: 32

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:10:43 PM

I use online wallet, I only have one wallet but that wallet is so legit so I did not mind or do not have any worries that I might be scammed or my priced bitcoin will be gone.  And the best thing about it, it is connected to many establishments.  Through it I can buy loads, pay my bills, even pay tuition fees.  And best of all they have rebates.  My friends used to have 1 to 3 more wallets because they do not want that their bitcoin was placed in one wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: